Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]
Tokotiki Village (The Village of Ghosts) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exodus Revel
Crew

Fashionable Millionaire

7,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 4:22 pm
User Image

Tokotiki Village (The Village of Ghosts)

Tokotiki village was once a remote farming village that barely skirted a trade route from Otogakure to the very southern tip of the land of rice, however a single horrific event changed all that. The trade route has long rerouted by many miles to avoid the forgotten place, and dark tales and whispers come out of it, despite it's otherwise mundane origins.

Due to a tragic event that resulted in the death of the villages Doctor, the rest of the village systematically vanished, down to what many believe to be the last survivors. an entire population, gone. Now the houses and fields within the thickly wooded area are silent, nature slowly reclaiming the cottages and home steads one by one as no normal citizen dares to set foot there...

Though it is known to few, the truth of the villages origins lies a certain Missing Nin's past... even though the disappearances themselves came at a different, arguably more dangerous, hand...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 11:53 pm
There was silence. Thick and still in the leaves.

Rough hands softly flipped and carressed a blade. Feeling the softness of fine craftsmenship and exploring the four finger holes in the heavy artifact. The fingertips glided over the letters engraved in the metal, letters of a name that the current owner had never known but dearly loved.

The young man let out a sign. Dad The word seemed so odd because there was no face to the name. The only thing he could muster in his imagination was the dark rough face of his sensei. With the thought, the young shinobi raised his head up, noticing his surroundings. The deserted outskirts of Tokotiki, overun by wilderness, almost overtaking his view of the bright noon sky.

"Oh s**t."

He had forgotten the time and his duties. Within a flash he had vanished and all that remained were falling leaves and silence.

"Ah, there you are Raine!" A voice shouted as the young shaggy looking shinobi hopped to the ruins enclosings a bustling mass of people. Raine pushed his aian nakarru back into their sheath at his back and stood up to his full height on the ruined wall.

"Yeah, sorry I'm late Ms. Grey!" He said shyly and happily waving at his mistakes. "Where are they meeting?"

The older woman with her hair pulled back and obviousl busy directing people around the make shift camp, pointed to one of the old houses that remained from before the village had been deserted. Xen's house had become the HQ for whenever the shinobi needed to meet out of earshot of the civilians that had followed them. "Hurry!" Grey shouted up at him retourning to her work.

"Got it!" The boy plopped down onto the ground without the appearance of force and husteled to the door of the old wooden house. He was disheveled and dirty, almost unrecognizable as his former self in the rice picker's garp he wore and without the mohawk that was once his signature look. Yet he was ready for battle at any moment, with his ninja pack and traditional Tekkenseisai weapon the aian nakurru at his back. The boy knew better then to burst in and reserved himself before knocking at the door and proceding into what once once the living room. "I'm sorry for being late, please excuse me." He said to the older shinobi in front of him.  

cheerios18

ellreka

Dapper Browser

1,650 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 12:25 am
A steady knock on the door alerted most of the higher rank shinobi in the room and as the door slowly creaked open and revealed a small boy they eased off tension still laced the air as the boy received slanted looks from the older shinobi leaders "So that is one of our founding members?" one whispered "doesnt look like much...even I could take that little runt" yet another whispered then a slightly muffled noise erupted from one of the shinobi.

""Khef", if it isn't the little one, Raine Right?" The playful voice of Shif Kenkomishi addressed the new arrival as he walked towards the boy and bent over slightly to get down on the boys level "Been a while." The Kenkomishi stated the smiling kitsune imprinted on his mask staring mischeviously at the boy.

"Don't you ever quit with that despicable snickering" An unfamiliar voice came from yet another of the shinobi that seemed to shift into existence out of nowhere. "I swear if it wasn't for us being ANBU squad mates I would've drowned you in some river somewhere a long time ago" The ANBU stated upturning the veiled kitsune's nose. Shisui Anzan looked intently at the newcomer "You are late." He said sternly as he looked past the boy seemingly in thought "Well, you arent the only one. Raubahn Senpai shouldn't be too far behind you." Shisui stated as a blue flickering sprite-like ember slipped into the window.

The flame sprite gently glided glinting and joyfully flickering as it moved towards the front of the boys face and then erupted into a small blue flame hanging in mid air "Tekkenseisai" A voice erupted forth from the floating blaze as if in remembrance of the person in front of it "You're late...take a seat." The flame commanded turning and rising to eye level of the two ANBU "And you two! Out of position as always!" The flame began berating the two and as it did it would shift into some other foreign language that would make Shisui twitch and grimace at each word. "Now? shall we begin?" The flame asked as it glided to the head of a long table centered in the room and then set down in the blank space. The flame erupted into an azure inferno revealing the veiled figure of Raubahn Anzan. Its glowing white eyes soon.became visible into two vicious black eyes with white cat-like slashes in their center and soon the full image of the head Anzan could be seen as the Azure Flame of Oto himself stood at the head of the war table, staring at the other shinobi.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:02 am
Standing with the others Dash turned at Raine's enterance with the barrage of whispers. Raine tensed under the scrutiny and clenched his fists awkwardly. His sensei smirking at teenager, he'd get used to it, he had every right to be here as they had.

The Tekkenseisai loosened up as he was approached by Shif and an long lost memory of playing games on the road with Hatchi-sensei flashed in his mind and he felt a strong sense of connection. He was relieved that Shif had made it this far with him. "Yeah. Long time." He smiled a litte before moving his gaze to the others and landing in the safety of Dash's seemingly expressionless eyes. His safety was broken by the flickering of the blue light. He had expierienced this phenomenon only a few times since he had met up with the older shinobi in this village and knew it to be a great power. He instatnly sat, alert and ready to being.

Dash looked into the fierce eyes, protected from the gaze by his sunglasses, the man was dangerous to trifle with and at the moment more then pleased he was sitting with them and not the Otobe.

"Raubahn-senpai, if I may--" The one of the shinobi started out cooly,"We've just begun to get everyone back on their feet and to get organized. I think our first step needs to be a reconnaissance mission into the village. Our sources inside have told us that-- that--" The shinobi faltered as if he were doubting what he said could really be true, "the village has taken to the Otobe."

A flash of squints toured around the table, as in a "what the what"?

"Taken to the Otobe?" A skeptical voice spoke out. "What does that even mean? How is such an absurb idea even possible."

"They got smarter." Dash cut in. "They've adjusted their strategy since last time." He looked around at the others. "The one they are calling Otokage is some kind of saint. He's wearing sheep's skin and the people are buying it. Their tactic was so unexpected.... that it worked."  

cheerios18

ellreka

Dapper Browser

1,650 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:34 am
As the meeting began the two ANBU moved to their positions and sat quietly waiting for the meeting to begin. As the shinobi spoke and uttered amongst themselves about this news the room grew slightly warmer than was comfortable. Raubahn stood at the fromt of the table, his eyes seemingly on fire to any onlooker.

User Image
Raubahn Anzan
LV. 40
Experience: 0/
Hp: 960/960
Cp: 1520/1520
MHp: 760/760

"This is information I already knew." The Anzan responded with an air of uninterest "When my team and I had arrived we where briefed shortly by one of Xens companions at the docks. Then I took it upon myself to deliver a warning in my own little way to the 'Otokage' as he likes to call himself." Raubahn breathed a little as a slight snicker came from Shif whom seemed uninterested aswell in the turn of events.

User Image
Shif Kenkomishi
LV. 20
Experience: 0/1050
Hp: 500/500
Cp: 220/220
MHp: 260/260

"Khef, The sheep will fall to the sheers one by one as long as it means they aren't slaughtered" The Kenkomishi stated as guffaws escaped some of the other shinobi's mouths at the statement."If they where so easily ready to be blinded why dont we just keep them there?" Shif stated coldly as he balanced a kunai on his finger tip grimacing as the knife was snatched from his finger tip.

User Image
Shisui Anzan
LV. 20
Hp: 340/340
Cp: 360/360
MHp: 160/160

"Are you that dense?" Shisui Anzan shouted at the Kenkomishi noticing the super human hearing of his team mate to kick in causing him to wince. "If we just leave these Tyrants in power who will end up in command after this one is gone? The Otobe are not to be left in control of our people" Shisui stated turning to wards his elder and nodding for him to continue.

User Image
Raubahn Anzan
LV. 40

"In any circumstance" Raubahn began "We should gather information on their numbers. And maybe start a little dissent within their forces." Raubahn spoke as his demeanor took on a roguish state at the thought of ensuing chaos. "I would much rather slash and burn their armies to dust" He began holding up his hand and manifesting a small fire in his palm "But seeing as how the consist of innocent civilians and our brothers in arms I would not make us out to be murderers." He stopped and turned to the shinobi in the room "Take a small team and gather information. Our troops should be manning this gate here" Raubahn stopped pointing to a point on a map marked 'The Village of Otogakure- North Gate' "They will get whomever we assign to this team in without much alarm." He continued awaiting replies from the others.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:48 am
Raine sat quietly listening. How could it be that the people of Oto so easily accepted their fate? How could they let Kasuke die for them and not care? The boy was moved to sickness at the thought. He hung his head for a moment picturing Otobe faces below the might of his fists--he subdued his rage.

"There has to be something more to their motives. No doubt they have or are trying to get their hands on the First's scrolls. Finding those scrolls schould be a primary objective." Dash added, "And Raine and I will go with anyone else willing." He didn't even have to look to the boy to know every thought that was running through his head and how badly he wanted to go on a this mission.  

cheerios18

ellreka

Dapper Browser

1,650 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:12 am
An uproar seemed to begin at the mention of the First and his scrolls. "But those scrolls where lost to the ages! Even if we where to find them they would probably be tattered and useless by now!" One ill informed shinobi managed to get through the sudden outburst of noise from the shinobi in the room.

User Image
Raubahn Anzan
LV. 40

Raubahns eyes seemed to flicker throughout the room as flickers of blue flame began to race across his body and soon erupted into a full on inferno englufing the Anzan elder as his voice rang out in a ferocious roar "SILENCE!" The word sliced through the room as the inferno that was Raubahn sprang forth to its most intense and suddenly died down to an ominous flicker before fading completely "We may as well be shooting into the dark at this point without information. I would ask you to refrain from such talks in the future Dash as not to encite this type of disturbance again."Raubahn warned as he took a glance in Dash's dirction then returned to glancing around the room "However, if this is a concern the recon team once inside will infiltrate the records room and investigate the files there for anything of interest. If that so pleases you." Raubahn ended as he stared towards Shif and Shisui "you two will go with him." Raubahn commanded giving an awkward look at the younger Anzan that may aswell have killed the younger man if it where a weapon.

User Image
Shif Kenkomishi
LV. 20

"Khef" Shif let out as he stretched and stood up at the command "If the old man wishes It'd be my pleasure to go read some dusty old documents for the Otobe evil plot" Shif joked as he looked towards Shisui "A mission finally, I was almost bored as all get out!" Shif jokingly poked his Anzan companion only to receive a stern look.

User Image
Shisui Anzan
LV. 20

Shisui seemed to object to anything 'stealthy' with Shif along but that look Raubahn gave him instantly flung him back to years ago during his childhood when he first received that menacing stare. Even then it wasn't quite the best of looks to receive from the elder of the clan. "I guess" Shisui sighed as he turned to sternly look at the Kenkomishi whom had just poked him "If you get me killed I will haunt your soul in the afterlife and you will never reach eternal peace." Shisui stated in the most dramatic and overtly critical fashion he possibly could as they sat back down to await any further objections or business.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 11:53 am
Raine could barely hold his mouth from going agape as he stared at the fiery man. His bloodline was impressive but oddly reminicent of Raine's own temper.

"I would ask you to refrain from such talks in the future Dash as not to encite this type of disturbance again."

The young man wondered how Dash could possibly be reacting to being told not to bring it up. Raine festered in his seat, it needed to be said, it needed to be dealt with. Yet Dash just sat in perfect accordance. As it was agreed that the two anbu would join them, Raine focused himself and prepared to speak.

"Excuse me." His voice had become strong with age, "I think I have something you need to know." Raine paused for a second, not unafraid to stare into Raubahn's eyes but knowing that it was not his place. "When we were back in the village, just after our gennin exam--" He looked to Dash who would know when this was, the gaze again was unrelentingly emotionless,"Me and my teammates Xenon Maraboshi and Kimiko Momoe... managed to get into... Hatchi-sensei's house." Raine expected them all to remember the sennin long lost and dared to glaze over to Shif. "We found his scrolls, some were jutsu. And among them, the forbidden snake summoning." Raine knew he would be getting scutinous looks from around the room, it seemed totally self-serving to break into the Senins house and look through his scrolls but he hoped it was worth it to know. "Xen brought it to Kasuke who took him to some massive building. Xen wouldn't tell us what happened after that, but-- I'm just trying to say, Kasuke didn't keep the forbidden scrolls in the records room. So I don't think we'll have much luck there." The boy became quiet finishing what he had to say.

Dash stood, "We'll find out where they keep them or even if they still exist." He looked to the proclaimed leader of the room, firey blue glinting off of his glasses. "Once we do that we can organize a mission to destroy them. Let's just hope to god they haven't been using them...."  

cheerios18

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:08 pm
There was a loud knocking at the entrance to the building. Then there was someone shouting through the door,It's Aki and Jiro, we have some information for the rebellion.Aki said to the group with out opening the door. There was a loud ouch from Aki. Aki they know what we're doing, we don't need to announce it to the world you idiot. Jiro could be heard yelling at Aki then the door opened and both Aki and Jiro entered. Aki was looking over Jiro's shoulder as they entered. What did we miss? Jiro said laughing a bit. Aki hit him over the head. You're a idiot Jiro. Hello, everyone we have some information about the scrolls. They seems to be hidden somewhere where the Kage is or was rather. I think it's in the kage office. Jiro thinks it's more possible that they are somewhere in the tunnels. Aki said to the crowd and Jiro nodded showing his agreement.  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 1:30 pm
As the events seemed to calm themselves the group of shinobi turned to the knocking sound "Now what!?" One of the shinobi seemed to mutter as the twins entered the room.

User Image
Raubahn Anzan
LV. 40

Raubahn squinted a bit as the conversation about those damnable scrolls continued even after his expressed disliking with that nonsense "We should really do something about late members." Raubahn scoffed as he waved the two Soma in and began going over the situation. "We are in the middle of discussing a plan for a little Recon mission into the village. While those damnable scrolls are not my concern in the least bit some members here have expressed their concern and wish for this to be investigated" Raubahn took a breath as he continued "Which by all means it will" He finished as his gaze set on Raine "You say theres a building outside of the records room that keeps forbidden knowledge? Times have changed it seems." The Anzan began to muse seemingly lost in some memory from the past.

User Image
Shif Kenkomishi
LV. 20

"Khef, It would only seem right for Kasuke to hide his little treasure horde somewhere safe."Shif joked as he received a stern look from both Anzan

User Image
Shisui Anzan
LV. 20

"Either way,if it needs to be investigated it should be while we have the chance."Shisui paused as he took a moment to think "You never know what Kasuke has in his arsenal, maybe we could do a little borrowing from it." Shisui sort of laughed at the idea as he quickly kicked himself for proposing an idea that idiot Shif Kenkomishi would.  

ellreka

Dapper Browser

1,650 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100

cheerios18

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 6:59 pm
(Here is a link explaining this whole building thing http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewtopic.php?t=10917837&page=44 It is aassumed that the otobe now have control over this domestic security building.)

Dash stood solemly at the table amazed the Raubahn had not smited the twins with blue fire. The jounin had known little of the twins before the uprising and had only returned to the rebellion camp at Tokotiki with Raine from Suna. "Who are you and how do you know these things?"

Raine bowed his head smally in response to Raubahn's address and fell dumb behind the questions of his sensei.

(Sorry for the shortness)  
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 7:09 pm
Jiro acted a bit surprised when he was asked who he was but, he didn't really care. He figured Ignorance is key. He laughed at his inner joke to himself and Aki was the first to talk,I'm Soma Aki and my twin is Soma Jiro. We are from the Kage council and so much more then that. We are jounin in that Village that you're trying to steal those scrolls from. Jiro smiled and felt that they would get a little more respect but, he didn't really care if he did or not. Jiro then said, If you plan on going into the village you should probably not go with out our information. Aki split from his brother and walked to the middle of the room, as did Aki. Jiro then said to the group, I'm sure that you are all planning on going through one of the gates or something stupid that will no doubt that will get you killed. Jiro stopped and Aki then continued on his thought, When me and my brother were academy students we fell in a hole that went into the secret tunnels, we followed them and in fact there is a tunnel in this very village, it however was destroyed by some missing-nin when we came out of it. Jiro then continued Aki's thought However with some hard work we could clear the path and we could use the paths to get the village and the Otobe would never know. Now, let me guess. You're all thinking, "But, Jiro how do we get through the tunnels with out getting lost?" Welll, I have my answer for you friends and that is I have a map..well a book of maps that have all of the tunnels in it. Not only can we use it to get the scrolls but, we can use it to stage the attack on the Otobe. Jiro reached into his backpack and threw a dusty leather back atlas on a table and smiled at the group. Now, shall we start to plan? Jiro was sufficiently happy with himself and he sat down, Aki however stayed in the middle of the room, nodding in agreement with Jiro.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

ellreka

Dapper Browser

1,650 Points
  • Informer 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Window Shopper 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2012 8:58 pm
The air grew still with the words of the two Jounin. "Who do they think they are?" One of the shinobi whispered as the boys finished.

User Image
Raubahn Anzan
LV. 40

Raubahn seemed to be steaming at those last few words but cooled down as he took a slight breath and glared at the two Soma. "Your information would be much appreciated if it is correct" He paused "However, come into one of our meetings with that air about you again, and i'll throw you into your own personal hell wrapped in flames so hot there wont even be ashes to remember you by."Raubahn stated in a cold tone.

User Image
Shif Kenkomishi
LV. 20

"Khef, geez old man, lighten up a bit.Its not like they killed a kitten or something." Shif joked a bit while looking out the corner of his eyes hidden by the smiling kitsune mask that covered his face "If only i knew that one techinque" Shif thought as he retained his careless posture.

User Image
Shisui Anzan
LV. 20

Shisui seemed to brush off the things that seemed to unnerve Raubahn and Shif. In any case, these two could most likely be eliminated in the tunnels if they existed. If it came to that. "Well, if it would keep us alive I'd more than welcome this information" He paused"If it is correct and doesnt lead to some trap." He finished as the other shinobi moved anxiously in their seats at the threat of the hellfire prison. It was true that he could do it, Shisui had seen it first hand in the last few months and wouldn't wish that kind of pain on any of his own enemies.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 1:11 am
Raine found himself oddly gaping at the twins. How was it possible that the Otobe had made these two leaders of the village? They seemed like everything the Otobe would despise, totally opposite of everything that they were.Not only that, but these guys just wlatz in to the most secret meeting that is never supposed to have happened and expect to be trusted by everyone there. Raine clenched his firsts looking to Dash tentativly for reasoning, for the first time his sensei nodded back to him in a reassuring it's-okay-these-guys-are-cool kind of way. He just hoped that Raubahn wouldn't kill them where they stood.

"Well, if clearing rocks is your problem then I can definately help." The young Tekkenseisai said strongly. "Show us where the tunnel enterance is so we can start clearing it out." The chunnin stood from his spot at the table and cracked his knuckles ready to get to the point.

cheerios18

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2012 8:18 am
Aki bowed respectively to the crowd, I'm truly sorry for my brother's attitude. This is a very serious matter. We will show you to the path it is in the basements of a nearby house. Aki moved back up and walked to the door, Aki saw Jiro approach the man that had threatened him. Aki walked over to Jiro and pulled him to the door. Don't get into fights that you don't think you can win with out me. Aki said to Jiro calmly and Jiro nodded. Jiro picked up the atlas and walked over to the door. Aki went back into his brother and faced his head towards the group. Jiro then opened the door and walked out the door. Follow us if you believe us. If not then don't bother. Jiro said and Aki remained silent as they went off into the night.  
Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff