Welcome to Gaia! ::

Naruto: The Way of the Ninja

Back to Guilds

A Naruto role-playing guild using the d20 system, for semi-lit and above RPers. 

Tags: Naruto, roleplay, d20 system, semi-literate, literate 

Reply Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]
Oto Hospital Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Exodus Revel
Crew

Fashionable Millionaire

7,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:13 pm
User Image

Oto Hospital

Found on the eastern side of the village, the Oto hospital is a large building with two floors. The first floor has a nice lobby and reception area, the first floor is used for simple conditions such as check ups and unconscious patients that just need some rest, and emergencies, such as broken bones or serious bodily intrusions.... The second floor is used for more serious patient who need longer term care. Complete with hospital beds, rooms, and operating rooms, the second floor is where the most horrifying things can be found. The second floor also houses patients with chronic disorders who are often at the hospital. This includes the mental ward and the terminal ward. The roof houses a greenhouse for the growth of medicinal plants.

The structure of the hospital itself surrounds a courtyard where patients can walk for rehabilitation or simply to get some air. The set-up is natural for a peaceful atmosphere to aid in the healing process. It is complete with a tree, water fountain, benches, and an exit to the grounds in back. The back is fened in but allows a more open area of grass, trees, and fountains to get you out of the 'trapped in a hospital' feel.

Current Med-Nins: -

Trainings:

Academy Students:

Mend Bones/Minor Injuries
The student will help the doctors nurse minor afflictions.
DC: 10 + Treat Injury
0/10

Gather Medicinal Herbs
Help out the herbologist with gathering the herbs in the greenhouse.
DC: 10 + Alchemy
0/10

Genin:

Chakra Transferal Technique
Description: The act of transferring your chakra to another person is as simple as molding your chakra, thus any ninja who has done chakra molding at some point can use it. Simple lay your hands upon the one you intend to transfer your chakra to and will it to go to them.
CP Cost: 1.5x amount given
Attack Turns: 3
Reflex DC: N/A
Damage: Can give up to a max of [level x 2 + chakra mod +2 for 4 chakra control] (As per medical ninjutsu skill bonus, add +2 per 4 ranks in medical ninjutsu since there is no range.)
Requirements: Chakra Control 5 or Medical Ninjutsu 10
Training: 2 stages
Stage I: Chakra Control DC 20, Convert your chakra into a neutral pallet. Strip it of its elemental ties.
Stage II: Medical Ninjutsu DC 22, Force your chakra into a living target and give it new life.
Special:
*Allows the user to determine chakra donated to target anywhere between 1 and the max determined by the above formula. Cannot be on unconscious target.
Owner: PupSage *Available for anyone*

Medical Technique: Minor Chakra Heal
By using one's chakra, a ninja can repair damaged muscles and skin. Through hard studies and continual practice a ninja can master the proteins in a body to help repair these injuries. No broken bones can be repaired by this technique.
Cp Cost: 12 per usage
Dice Rolls: 2
Heals: 1 - 10 + Chakra Mod.
Requirements: Medical Ninjutsu 15, Chakra Control 20
Training:
Stage I: Chakra Control DC 30 Heal a wound of a lesser life form (flower, insect, tiny animal...).
Stage II: Chakra Control DC 32 Increase the radius of a wound and repeat stage I.
Stage III: Medical Ninjutsu DC 27 Heal a wound of a fellow human being.
Special: Can only heal one target at once. Successful usage of this technique heals wounds, burns, and frostbite, and removes bleeding effects.

Chunin:

Perform Surgery
Someone is in need of surgery and you're the one to do it.
DC: 12 + Med Nin
0/20

Chakura no Mesu (Chakra Scalpel)
This medical technique forms one's chakra into a small, sharp blade. This can then be used for highly accurate incisions necessary for surgeries and anatomical dissections. Unlike regular scalpels, the chakra scalpel can actually make cuts inside the body without actually creating an open wound, limiting the risks of an infection. The chakra scalpel can also be used offensively, although it requires great precision to be effective. Because of this requirement, using the chakra scalpel offensively is highly unusual. In heated combat, even the greatest medical-nin won't be able to exert the precision needed to make fatal cuts, but it can still effectively cut muscle tissues and tendons, rendering the target immobile.
Cp cost: 10 cp per post.
Dice Rolls: n/a
Damage: (1 - 15) + [chakra control / 3] + 2 per 10 levels in Medical Ninjutsu
Reflex DC: n/a
Requirements: Chakra Control 30, Medical Ninjutsu 30, Intelligence 26, Taijutsu 15*
Training: 4 stages
Stage I: Chakra Control DC 40 Generating a chakra blade across your hand.
Stage II: Medical Ninjutsu DC 40 Targetting muscle tissue through thick clothing and/or skin.
Stage III: Intelligence DC 18 Identifying optimal strike zones for the chakra scalpel in combat.
Stage IV: Taijutsu DC 25 Applying the technique in combat training.*
Special:
*If used in conjunction with a treat injury maneuver, add 3 per 10 level in Medical Ninjutsu to all treat injury checks and Hp healed.
*User can only use the technique offensively if the taijutsu requirement is met, however, the technique can still be learned to assist treat injury without it.
*Critical hits cause severe muscle injury which reduce victim's [dex mod] and [str mod] by 1 per 10 points in Medical Ninjutsu until treated.

Jonin+:

Inyu Shometsu (Secret Healing Wound Destruction)
The user can concentrate their chakra to a prepared area on their body and begin the cell recreation process the very moment the targeted area becomes damaged. This ability activates dead cells and create new ones.
Cp cost: 60 + 20 per turn held
Dice Rolls: 5
Heals: 30 – 50 + chk mod per turn
Requirements: Medical Ninjutsu 35 Ranks, Chakra Control 30
Training:
Stage I: Medical Ninjutsu DC 45 Maintain a green chakra field at a chosen place on the body then sustain a small amount of damage.
Stage II: Medical Ninjutsu 47 Hold the green chakra for a longer time before some damage is dealt.
Stage III: Chakra Control 40 Increase the number of chakra fields on the body.
Stage IV: Chara Control 42 Sustain a larger amount of damage.
Stage V: Medical Ninjutsu 48 Put the jutsu on another person and let him/her go through the other stages.
Special: Immediately heals damage, wounds, bleeding effects, burns and frostbites after receiving them. {Holding the technique doesn't use up any attack turns.}

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:15 pm
~Greenhouse Plants~

Aloe
The gel of aloe can be found in its leaves once cut open. Aloe vera gel is extremely effective when used to treat burns and frostbite.
Ingredient in: Burn Salve
Effect: Stimulates healing, Hp recovers +2 each turn for the next 15 turns ONLY if it is a burn wound. Cannot treat conventional wounds.

Black Cohosh
This tall plant's roots are said to work quite well against rattlesnake venom.
Ingredient in: Rattlesnake Antidote
Effect: N/A

Coffee Beans
Never underestimate the power of caffeine.
Ingredient in: Concentration Juice
Effect: Stimulates nervous system, keeps you awake, Dodge Bonus +2, Move Silently -1, Hide -1 for 50 turns.

Coriander
This herb causes lethargy and even unconsciousness in extremely large amounts.
Ingredient in: Sedative
Effect: Will, Rex Save -2, all skills -3 for the next RP hour
Special: Must be at least 5 Coriander ingested at the same time to work.

Holly
This herb deals with reducing hostility.
Ingredient in: Soothing Tea
Effect: MHp +10 for 10 turns.

Kava Kava
This South Pacific herb helps with reducing anxiety and enhances alertness.
Effect: MHp +30 for 50 turns.

Myrrh
Myrrh is rich in the compound tannin that repairs injured skin extremely quickly.
Ingredient in: Medicinal Salve
Effect: Hp recovers 10 Hp each turn for 10 turns.

Passionflower
This herb calms the nervous system and reduces likelihood of panicking.
Effect: MHp +20 for 40 turns.

Plantain
This herb's juice reduces the swelling and pain from bites and stings.
Ingredient in: Medicinal Salve, Painkiller
Effect: Hp recovers +1 each turn for 10 turns.

Shepherd's Purse
This herb aids with blood clotting.
Ingredient in: Medicinal Salve
Effect: Heals a Tear in the skin, Hp recovers +1

Squirting Cucumber
Causes vomiting, and is thus a must for almost every poisoning.
Ingredient in: Well nothing really..
Effect: Induces vomiting

Turmeric
This yellow spice helps to reduce pain from inflammations.
Ingredient in: Medicinal Salve, Painkiller
Effect: Nothing much really, a painkiller...

Valerian
The roots of this pink flower are a powerful sedative to help relax patients and numb the feelings of pain.
Ingredient in: Sedative
Effect: Rex Save -1

~Poisons~

Hemlock [Conium maculatum]
All parts of this plant are poisonous - the warmer the weather is, the more poisonous this plant will be. Hemlock poisoning causes vertigo and the victim will feel a numbness near the surface of the body that spreads inwards, paralysing the heart and lungs. Additional symptoms include nervousness, trembling, incoordination, dilated pupils, a weak heartbeat, cold fingers and toes and a coma, leading to death via respiratory failure. It is also the antidote to strychnine poisoning.
Effect: Hp -40, unable to move, death after 2 RP days.
Special: Effect multiplied by 1.5 during the summer months (June - August) Must be used Fresh.
Antidote: 3 Coffee Beans or Castor Oil or 2 Myrrh, Treat Injury DC 45
To Extract: Chakra Control 35
Fortitude DC: 55

Nux Vomica [Strychnos nux vomica]
In doses of 5 milligrams (30-50 mg of the seeds, or even 1 seed) or more this poison causes anxiety, restlessness, painful convulsions, breathing difficulties and death. This herb contains strychnine, which is incidentally an antidote.
Effect: Hp -75, all checks -20, death after 1 RP day.
Antidote: 1 Opium or 1 Hemlock or 1 Myrrh, Treat Injury DC 40
To Extract: Chakra Control 40
Fortitude DC: 40

Opium [Papaver somniferum]
This is the juice of unripe poppy seeds. Opium contains morphine and high enough doses of opium will send the victim into a deep sleep, slowly leading to the paralysis of the heart and lungs, resulting in death. Strangely enough, one symptom of opium poisoning is a strong itchiness in the nose.
Effect: Rex, Will Save -20, all skills -25 for the next RP day
Antidote: 3 Coffee Beans or 1 Nux Vomica or 1 Belladonna, Treat Injury DC 50
To Extract: Chakra Control 45
Fortitude DC: 40

Exodus Revel
Crew

Fashionable Millionaire

7,800 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Invisibility 100

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:26 am
User Image
LV. 5
Experience: 120/300
Hp: [10+2]*5=60
Cp: [10+2]*5=60
MHp: [10+2]*5=60

Hoshi woke up 7-8 hours after passing out on the first level of the hospital in one of the rooms. The nurse was in there when she woke up and She said to the nurse, How'd I get here? The nurse turned around from folding some sheets and replied to her, You passed out during some of your training. Some boy named Makoto Lung dropped you off, such a nice boy he was to do that. Hoshi laughed a little and slowly got out of the bed,Thanks for helping me. I'll be on my way now. The nurse turned around again and said to her. There is still the matter of your bill. It's 50 ryo for a night stay. Hoshi thought fast and she knew she had no money she then said, My cousin Alucard said that he would take care of any medical bills I may have in case I pass out during training. The nurse nodded and wrote it down on her list. Hoshi then left the hospital to go back to training.

[Exit to training grounds.]  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 12:58 am
Jiro walked into the building and brought Makoto to one of the rooms that he would have to stay in for a couple days or so. Jiro actually kinda felt bad for him. That Hoshi girl was good at that genjutsu stuff and unfortunately makoto got under the influence of it. Jiro walked to the reception area and checked him in. Jiro then left the hospital to go about his normal routine.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:15 am
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9
Experience: (28/500)
Hp: 108
Cp: 99
MHp: 108 - 106 = 2
Dodge:14+2=16
Resting posts must be 4 lines long +1 hp/cp/mhp

Two weeks has passed since makoto was in the waking world, but it was 10 minutes past midnight when makoto woke up in the hospital bed. A dream… it was all just a bad dream. Raising himself up, his body started hurting for some reason. He started to gag and reached for the tube in his mouth and pulled it out, finally sighing a good breath of air for the first time in two weeks. Makoto looked down to see that he was in hospital clothes and that he was strapped to a machine that was taking his pulse, Again he really didn’t have anything to say to that. In fact he could not remember why he was here, he was fighting a girl… then nothing, everything was blank. So Makoto yawned once more before he returned to bed, he would ask and get answers when he awoken in the morning.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:21 am
User Image
LV. 8
Experience: 360/450
Hp: [10+2]*8=96
Cp: [10+3]*8=104
MHp: [10+3]*8=104
Dodge Bonus: +13

Hoshi looked up from her seat and looked at Makoto. So, he's finally awake? Hoshi smiled a bit from the dark and she turned on a light. She had only been here for a couple hours but, she was pretty tired so she had to get her point straight as fast as possible. Makoto I just wanted to say that I was sorry for doing that to you. Hoshi's smile had faded for once. Hoshi actually looked kinda ashamed.

Hoshi looked down at her feet and moved her feet some. This was way more awkward then she thought it would be. Hoshi tried to smile at Makoto but, she couldn't make herself do it. Isn't there something else your supposed to tell him? She thought to herself. She had no idea what she had to tell him. It was in the back of her mind in a way.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 1:46 am
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9
MHp: 108

Hearing his name from a familiar voice, makoto turned his head in bed to see that it was Hoshi… with a genin marker. So she finally made it, she was a genin now. Makoto could only help but smile to her like he still had no idea what happened to him, but he was tired and he needed rest as well as her too. With that thought in mind, he slowly started to raise himself off the bed and looked over to her with a smile. “Hey…” spoke makoto as he realized his voice was abit choppy, but he could still talk to her. “ Congrats on the battle today, your Genjutsu really put me out like a light.”  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:10 am
User Image
LV. 8

Hoshi looked up at Makoto and laughed a little even though it was a serious matter. Hoshi looked at Makoto as seriously as she could. Makoto it's been a full 2 weeks since that day. You've been in this hospital room that whole time. Hoshi said to him, Hoshi was surprised that he didn't know. Then she realized the had been knocked out for full 2 weeks.

Hoshi snapped her fingers. That's what I was forgetting. She thought to herself as she turned around and picked up the backpack and rifled through it. Eventually she found what she was looking for. A genin head plate. Hoshi smiled and turned around towards Makoto. Hoshi then bowed to Makoto and said to him, Congratulations you are officially a genin. We are on the same team. Hoshi smiled softly to herself as she gave Makoto the headplate.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:07 pm
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9

Makoto remained still and silent as a tired and deprived look stuck on his face, not moving a little bit. 2 weeks… a full two weeks? He had been out for a full two weeks because of this girl, to awaken to the fact that she was his new teammate and that he was not a genin. ‘Right… that would explain the weakness of the body and the food tube in his mouth, but two weeks? He had things to do in them to weeks, this knocked him back to reality. “ So… let me get this straight, two weeks…. In this hospital?“ Asked Makoto as his eyes squinted at her, inspecting her to see if she was telling the truth.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:16 pm
User Image
LV. 8

Hoshi looked up and stood up. She then looked at Makoto. Yeah, a full two weeks. I'm sorry that it happened but, I think it could have been much worse. She said to him. Hoshi then put her hand behind her head and rubbed the back of her neck. She was feeling a little bad now, she didn't mean to do a genjutsu that powerful on the bow. Hoshi sighed a little and put the head plate next to Makoto so that he could reach it when he was ready for it and she remained silent. Hoshi then went back to the seat in the room and sat down. Hoshi looked up at Makoto and didn't say anything else.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:44 pm
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9

Suddenly out of the blue, makoto grew a smile and started to chuckle himself about knocking him out for 2 full weeks. She was seriously sorry and felt bad, even if she hit him with a Genjutsu that knocked him out for a few days. Thankfully it seemed he didn’t remember the visions the Genjutsu gave him, but he looked mover to her and spoke with a smile. “Then I got to tell you… you’re a powerful Genjutsu user, I like that… Maybe I can teach you a few things about Kenjutsu and making you a wooden bokken to practice with, every advantage helps out. “ Spoke Makoto as if he was cheery and full of energy. Suddenly realizing hit his face as a cold sweat started to fall down his face, he kept his eyes closed before asking one question. “Airi knows I’m here… Right?“ Makoto was really hoping for a yes right now, her primal nature would go off if he was away for too long… enough that it got them both in trouble with the Anzan clan.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 5:55 pm
User Image
LV. 8

Hoshi smiled at the boy's offers for the Kenjutsu stuff but, she knew that she wouldn't be able to handle the close up stuff. She was more of a background person so that she wouldn't get hurt. She also really didn't really have the time to practice anything else but, her genjutsu and her bow stuff. Then she heard about this Airi girl. Hoshi really had no idea who she was. Hoshi thought about it and she didn't come up with anything. "Makoto thank you for you offer but, I must decline and thank you for the compliment. I have to continue to practice my genjutsu and bows. I am a back ground person, I stay in the background and do long range thing. Also, I do not know who this Airi person is but, you could probably ask a nurse tomorrow if she knows your here. Hoshi smiled a bit and stopped talking she had said basically everything on her head at that moment.  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 2:36 pm
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9

With her answer came a very scared look on his face and sweat pouring down the same, He really was hoping for a better answer… instead he was going to be doomed at the age of 13. Then again he had the enough money if it came down to it but… It was something that he didn’t want to do just yet. Couching himself back to reality makoto spoke to her with a somewhat clear voice, shaky at best. “Yes… right… Thank you friend, you can go now.” Spoke makoto as he seemed to slither back under his bed covers with a nervous smile… he was doomed to the bedroom.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 8:44 pm
User Image
LV. 8

Hoshi smiled and picked up all of her stuff and put it into her back pack. She then put the backpack on and looked at Makoto. "First training is in a week. The sensei said that we better not be late. Hoshi said to him before she went to the door and opened it.

Hoshi turned towards Makoto as she was about to leave and she said, "I'm sorry again for what I did. You probably won't have to worry about it again though because we're on a team and all that. Unless if we have a spar of course. Hoshi smiled and left the room, closing the door behind her as she left. Hoshi then walked through the halls of the hospital and eventually found her way out of it, smiling as she left.

[Exit]  

hedpefan

4,200 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Lord_Titus2012

Dedicated Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 2:40 pm
Makoto Lung

User Image

LV. 9

The morning light shined into makoto’s hospital room, Shining the new morning like on a figure sitting on the bed. His back was leaned up against the wall as he watched the sun starting to rise, his feet were stretched out comfortably on the bed with a blanket over his lower body. Makoto could only help but smile as the new morning light lit up his room, but he was still getting use to a fact that that a few weeks had passed. Funny how time flew while he was out for all that time, even the slight reflection of himself in the window showed the evident he needed. His hair was longer and he was slightly thinner, but the muscles were bigger then he remembered. Looking down at his hands, he started to ball them in a fist before straightening them again. “ Two weeks huh… “ Spoke Makoto as he closed his hands again, before looking out the window again. He placed his hands in his lap and started thinking about when he was going to be out there, making his bokkens and earning some money like he did along time ago.  
Otogakure ((Hidden Village of Sound)) [Rice Country]

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff