Submit

Glyphs!
  Yay!
View Results

Pelei

Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:28 pm
HEY GUYS!

Look! There is finally a thread to order name glyphs! But first, some information! (It always happens)

I'm a mule for Lural. So why am I posting this as my mule and not as Lural? Well, I have a bad habit of losing PMs on my main. So I thought, all glyph related PMs on my mule, I can't loose them! So far that's true <3 But now there's a thread! So you don't need to PM me, even though you can if you need to.

These are FREE. You just have to ask nicely and follow the very simple order form for them. Thank yous are HIGHLY loved and make me feel like the work is worth while.

If for some reason you don't like the glyph, please PM me, and we can talk about a redraw.

The basis of this thread was spawned by this topic in the guild. I became really fascinated with their writing and sort of... went crazy with trying to figure out how to write first my own kin's names, then branched out.

My symbols aren't necessarily official. There are some symbols you will see used over, and I've given them meanings (I'll make a list of these later) but they're technically not official.

User Image

Kimeti symbol created by (Rejam I think)
Kiokote symbol join effort created by Lolli and Lural
Acha symbol created by Lolli
Totoma symbol created by Lural
Zikwa symbol created by Lural

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:30 pm
So let's get the basics!

2- ToC
3- Rules
4- Order form
5- To do list (Likely constantly out of date)
6- Q&A

rest of page 1- reserved for nefarious reasons just in case  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:32 pm
Rules
Because every thread needs them

1: Do not be rude! This should not even have to be said, but I will say it anyways. If you do not like the glyphs, or you do not like my glyphs, that's fine. But you don't need to be rude to me, or anyone else.

2: Please only post 2 requests. I found that letting people request a bunch at once started stressing me out. So only 2. This is supposed to be a fun thing, so only 2 at a time. When I've done those 2, you can request 2 more.

3: I will only do adult or elder kin, and named tomas. I imagine unnamed tomas would just write their name as the totoma symbol.

4: Don't say you made them when you didn't, that's just not cool.

5: Only post glyph related questions and orders here. You're welcome to ask questions, and chat about the glyphs, and things relating to Matope's writing system. But don't bring in drama, shop plots, or other off-topic topics.

More will be added if needed.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:33 pm
So you want a name glyph? Great! Just fill this out and post it here, or PM it to Pelei! If ordering more then one, post this for each one you're getting!

Order form!

[color=hotpink][align=center][size=24]GLYPH ME BABY![/size][/align][/color]
[color=red][b]Kin name:[/b][/color]
[color=orange][b]Uncert:[/b][/color] please post in image tags
[color=green][b]Naming dream?:[/b][/color] (Optional. Have they had a naming dream, or earned their totoma name? Linking them might help me get a better idea of your kin.)
[b]Color:[/b] [size=9](Optional. You can either give me the hex #, a general color like blue, or leave this blank and let me pick one that looks nice)[/size]

IMPORTANT! 11/13/14 update:

Right now, I am only going to do glyphs based on concrete objects like animals, trees, etc. So names like Dog or Eagle are great! Things based on emotions, state of mind, abstract concepts are NOT going to be done at present, like "Fear will hold you back" or "Anger is a cage". It's been a long time since I've done these, I'm just trying to get used to them again. I will probably start doing all things again if I don't get overwhelmed and stressed out by this again.

If you previously posted a request and I haven't done it... like... most of them, I'm really sorry! But please repost following my new guidelines. I do WANT to do these.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:36 pm
To do list!

AKA post of stress and unlikely to be updated often.

I may or may not go in order that you posted requests. I will do the ones that I'm instantly inspired for first.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:39 pm
Q&A

You're welcome to ask me questions here! Commonly asked questions, or ones that I think are reasonable for everyone to know will be posted here.

So why are you doing this? Because I really like to. It stretches my creativity and ... Ok, I'm just really bored at work, and they're fun. It's something nice I can do for people here.  

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm
RESERVED

User Image

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 9:41 pm
RESERVED

User Image

Lural

Shirtless Lunatic