Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Walkies (Melvin & Rep) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:24 pm
Without any reconstruction, Melvin was hanging around the Life Labs hoping for any opportunity to actually do some work. Instead, he was grinding through random errands and requests, answer to snapping fingers and all out whining for SOMEONE to fix the printer and where exactly where the extra beakers kept?!! The only thing he was learning was to familiarize himself with where all the supplies were kept, but other than that, the rooms were either closed off to him or he was shooed away from being able to read any of the material the techs were working on.

It was disheartening, if not degrading.

Then, later in the day, he was called over to a side room, and entered what looked like a animal shelter. It was out of place among the testing machines and heated discussions happening in the other offices. Walking in, he felt a strange unease. The sounds of happy dog barks and meows were meshed together with strange squawks, grunts, growls, and a chorus of noises that made him wonder what had choked on a kazoo.

What he saw was what he heard mentioned before. Minipets. The creatures themselves were small, toy sized, and held a strong resemblance to animals he knew, but they were all skewed some how. Some had extra limbs, outrageous colors, or even demonic wings. Then there were just creatures from left field. Fire floated with beady eyes while a mound of slime gurggled a meow at him, little bits of food floating in itself.

"Here." The Tech said, handing him a assortment of colorful leashes and clip-on collars attached and then a clipboard. "Each cage has a number. The rotation here.." He pointed quickly to a row marked for today. "...is listed and they all need a walk. Clip em, set them down, and go through the side door. Don't just walk them in the back yard either. Take the path. The minis get difficult if they don't go for a walk." In which the tech looked at him to show that he would know if he slacked off.

"Put them back in their right cages when you get back here. DON'T confuse them." He pointed, before walking off and leaving Melvin with a clipboard and handful of leashes.

It took some long negotiating before he opened a cage and took a fluffy mound of yipping fur out and set it down. Already it was squirming, and he clipped it before hanging the leash on a nearby hook so that he could get the other. After clipping on a miniature pony with weird clovers on it's body (code-named a Epony) and then a red puff called a Pom, he then started to wrestle some strange, multi-legged THING called a Drutten into a collar. The fact it had extra limbs just creeped him out, not to mention that all these creatures were from that OTHER world.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 4:43 pm

It just so happened that just as Melvin was being roped into wrangling the minis needing walkies that Rep was in the process of sorting out the same thing for Massacre. Clarice's office was still a bit of a disaster zone after the golem incident, and he was careful not to touch a single thing other than the tank the little bull was kept in, fishing him out while leaving a fear candy for Bulldozer as exchange for stealing his tankmate. He even stopped off to give Killer a good natured scratch behind the ears.

Locking up the office behind him, Rep sauntered off in the direction of he exit to the labs, Massacre hiding his face in the crook of the hunter's arm. He got a scolding for this from Rep, but his tone didn't match up to his words, reassuringly scratching the minipet's back as he drawled, accent thicker and more affectionate than usual, as if he was speaking to someone from back home.

"I swear to god ya wee coward, ah'm gonnae replace ye with a ********' rabbit or something if ye don't man up a bit. Ye ur meant tae be a warrior and s**t. No a wee pansy."

He had to pass through the minipets labs to get to the nearest exist though and spotted Melvin apparently trying to rustle up a small army. He stopped, petting the bull like a supervillain's pet cat and smirked.

"Having problems?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:04 pm
The last thing Melvin wanted was an audience, and was in the middle of trying to free his hand as it was being wrapped around by the leash several times over. The Drutten was turning and trying to crawl up his arm to then free itself. It seemed that it wanted to take a walk but not be leashed down. After a moment, Melvin gave up and set his knee down on it's stomach, making the creature hug all 6 of it's legs around his leg to try and crawl it's way free. Further away, the Pom was now biting the foxfire's ear, making it whine while the Epony was trying to reach up to get the paper on the clipboard and eat it. Restless minipets were restless.

When Rep showed up, Melivn looked up, slightly out of breath to see the man petting a angry little goat. "No. I got this."

Are you sure?

I GOT this.

He then shook his arms until the leash untangled around it and then clipped the collar on the Drutten, before standing up. He had no leashes, yet Rep was holding the little goat. Did he miss one?

Reaching over, he checked the paper, but saw no mention on today's listing about a little red minipet. "Did that one get loose?" He checked the cages. ********. He didn't know which number it should be in. He didn't even know what it was called!! The Drutten, now free, was now running about and tugging this way and that on the leash that Melvin held. The Life trainee was THIS close to punting the damn thing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:11 pm

Rep was almost disappointed he didn't get the opportunity to tell Melvin tough luck, he wasn't going to help him anyway - but was content to watch him try and untangle the web of leashes and minis.

When he asked if Mass was one of the pets he was tending to, he hugged the last to him protectively. "No. This one's actually mine. I caught it myself. I'm training it to be a ******** badass fighter."

The training, he had to admit wasn't going ideally as the tiny bull responded to the attention, by hiding his head again against Rep as if what he couldn't see couldn't really be scary. "He'd maim the ******** out of the disposable lab minis if I sicced him on them."

He pointed at the door abruptly, startling Massacre. "Walk and talk. They can't be out too long."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:28 pm
Oh, he OWNED it?! The fact that Rep was now holding the little thing as if it was a toy chihuahua made him press his lips firmly down, both repulsed but at the same time wanting to laugh. Instead, when the little goat snuggled closer, he settled on just disgusted. "Oh yeah. That goat is a real killer. These other ones are just quivering with fear." The Pom was still chewing on the foxfire's ear, drooling all over it, while the Epony was not trying to n** at the Drutten.

Taking all the leashes, he then went to the door, the pull of all the pets rushing causing him to misstep once, but catching himself. They were small, but together did give a bit of effort to control.

Walking outside, he remember what Jordan told him. "So is that your therapy animal? I didn't think Jordan told me of any mini fighting rings going on."

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:41 pm

"He's not a ******** goat. He's a..well they classified him as the last as far as species goes, whatever the ******** that means. But he's a bull. A badass bull of kicking everyone else's arse."

Stalking to the door he followed outside, only to pause in his tracks and glare at the comment.

"Therapy animal?!" he snarled "What the ******** makes you think I'd need a therapy animal?" Massacre got a proper fright at this turn of aggression and climbed up Rep to hop into his jacket's hood, where he peered out from around the fur of his collar with as scandalised a look as a bovine was capable of. Rep apparently was used to this, as he looked completely unphased, instead picking up his pace to walk alongside again.

"And no you smug b*****d, not here there isn't, but if you can bag a golem or two you can take them to Halloween on slow days. Last time we went, Ace took Killer." He didn't bother to explain who either Ace or Killer actually were, as far as Rep was concerned everyone should know every single person he did.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:53 pm
Melvin watched at the "bull" climbed up and hid in Rep's hood. "Yeah. He sure looks like he could show them one for." He said, once again pointing out that the little goat wasn't exactly snarling at him. The puffy little dog he was walking looked more vicious than that thing, what with it's one soggy ear. "He makes a better accessory than a fighter." Rep's hair and a red goat. It was almost proof that red hair didn't mean a firey disposition, as the little bull seemed more timid. It should have been colored blue.

At the blast of angry, Melvin only titled his head for dramatics as if blown back from the force of his shout, and then straightened it back up, rubbing his ear. "Anger problems, maybe? Lower your Blood pressure? A number of things, really."

The idea of taking a golem and taking his pet out didn't seem that amazing, and got a frown at the idea. "So you want to take your weird pet on a elaborate walk? It doesn't look like it can handle a normal one here." Again, shivering little goat-bull hiding in his hood.

The drutten yanked again, and he jerked a bit forward before yanking on the leashes.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:07 pm

Rep snorted. "You have no ******** idea. The cowardly thing is an act, he's lulling you into a false sense of security in case I order him to cripple the ******** out of you. Just be glad I'm not going to." In his hood, Massacre turned around three times on the spot and lay down, walkies was already eventful as usual. "He's not a ******** accessory either, if I wanted an accessory I'd get like a boafox or whatever they are called." He had been eyeing them up while cleaning out their tanks on duty, lamenting the entire time the fact he couldn't have an eclipse fur stole.

"And I don't have any ******** anger problems. None. Not a ******** one. So no, he's not a ******** therapy animal. And I caught him in the wild. He's a wild ******** animal, he's fine. Just look after your own cannon fodder minis and I'll look after my ******** pedigree bull."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2012 6:56 pm
He had to laugh at this. "Yeah, cause there is a Kennel club for red bulls." Then he caught the pun. No. Too easy.

"Yeah. Wild like a squirrel." He pointed out, walking along the beaten bath while the "Cannon fodder" rushed about in different directions, sniffing here and there. The Epony seemed to be trying to eat the grass and then vomited after before trotting off.

"Do hunters often go out and just tackle toy-sized animals in that - " What did he call it. "Halloween world?" If he had to go there with a butterfly-net, he would really start to feel degraded in his job.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:57 am

"There should ******** be. But maybe there isn't because Massacre here would ******** take home all the medals at the end of the day." Rep followed along, despite fully lacking an invitation to do so, frowning a little at the epony eating the grass. "The lab ones are so ******** stupid." He neglected to mention it was probably a good thing that Massacre wasn't stupid since it had likely kept him alive the first few naive times Rep had tried to feed him things like leftover custard or sweets.

"Not often." he grunted, "Normally only when s**t needs topped up I think. I went on a sort of ******** date I guess." He sounded almost dismissive of it as a venue, but he had enjoyed the trip a great deal - he just wasn't about to hint that to Melvin.

"But most people like it anyway. Well. People who aren't boring geeks maybe." he looked the other man up and down. "Maybe you are more suited for something as exciting as, I dunno, reading a newspaper"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:33 pm
Baneful

"A date? That sounds awfully romantic." Awfully as terribly, as he didn't think hunting down little animals to be the sort of mood to get anyone - well, in the mood. It didn't exactly bring to mind riverboat rides and singing birds, but maybe it had it's own romantic flair. If he was assigned such a task, he might enjoy it if he knew they would be quickly be sent to be dissected, but kept in little pins and given walks was just a nice stay for them. It was like giving a prisoner a nice gym to attend to and some nice cafeteria food. Sure, the minipets didn't exactly seem smart enough to preform great, villainous acts, but they were from THAT world and in turn were guilty by association.

"I'd like to read a newspaper than give these walks, but that doesn't mean I don't have interest. In fact, I wouldn't mind catching a few of these..." He tugged on the leash. "...given that I was also given permission to see them experimented on and dissected soon after." He looked as the little creatures ran about, and wondered what they were made of. Did they have normal organs, obey by the same laws of biology, and burn energy in the same fashion? So much was unanswered, and he'd certainly learn something if left alone with one of the creatures and a few scalpels.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:20 pm
"I don't do romance." He practically spat the word, as if it was a most heinous insult. "Romance is for ******** women, I'm not a woman." As if this wasn't readily apparent from looking at him.

"As long as you stick to hacking up ones you catch yourself I don't think anyone will give a ********, they are disposable. Just not the ones that belong to people. If you see a little horse with an eyepatch, leave well enough alone. He belongs to Ace. My...." he looked momentarily puzzled at finding a word that wouldn't have a chance of veering off in directions that would probably make him angry. "..my moon." This seemed to satisfy him enough to go on. "If you ever find a ******** way too preserve their furs, you tell me." He reached up to fluff the hood of his jacket a little, Massacre using the opportunity to lick his fingers affectionately. "I like fur, I like trophy fur, and finding out how to keep minipet skins is a step to keeping those ******** halloween bastards."

He fished in a pocket and handed a fear candy lazily over to the little bull - apparently walkies really didn't need to involve actual walking.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 6:59 pm
"You'd be one ugly woman if you were." He pointed out, smiling at the idea of Rep in heels and a dress. The image alone would have killed any hard-on, he was sure.

Walking along, the path turned slowly, meandering it's way in a loop. Melvin was hopeful that they'd eventually get back to the labs where he could stuff the little animals back in their cages, lock them, and be done until he was forced to take another group to walk around the block. Luckily he didn't have to carry a little shovel or he'd really be done with this.

"Your moon? I didn't know were were assigned or supposed to claim dibs." If so, he hadn't spotted anyone he really wanted in his corner. It was hard enough figuring who was who at times, and he was only now starting to separate everyone he met into their respective divisions.

"If I'm allowed near the equipment, I'd be happy to see if skinny is doable by presenting you with a fur coat that would make a rapper envious." He joked, not at all getting the allure of fur. It was dead animal just hanging all over you. They could manufacture synthetic blends now that were a lot cleaner than just tearing apart a few dozen rabbits.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:48 am

Sometimes Rep didn't really think before he spoke, a perceived slight was still a slight and he responded in the usual way he did when he felt like his pride had been dented. "I could be a ******** amazing woman if I wanted to be - I don't - but that's beside the point. Better than half the ******** disasters on this island. I understand the whole thing ******** better than they do."

"We don't get them assigned, or claim ******** dibs. Only suns need to really ******** often pair up with them. But Ace is like." he waved a hand vaguely, still trying to figure out how to explain it, before stalking on ahead a little. "He's mine." It was the best he could do, and a subject change was more than welcome.

"If you manage it, I'll owe you one. Too hot for it on ******** clammy island here but still something to bear in mind. Last time they sent us to ******** Antarctica, we weren't really prepared for it."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:02 pm
"So they don't give you any warning about where you are doing to end up when you step through a portal?" That was troubling. It was bad enough that most of his clothes were divided between undershirts, a few t-shirts, long-sleeve button-up shirts, a few polos, and then his collection of sweaters. It was hard to go out in this tropical weather as it was without having to take off a layer, but then to do that and then get some place where he'd want a few more extra layers on - just seemed like poor planning.

"I suppose everyone has a wardrobe for all extremes." The idea of being in the Antarctica seemed both exotic and terribly cold. "Do you get send all over the world to fight creatures?"

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff