Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:07 pm
JetAlmeara

User Image

“I wish you would say something—anything. You’ve been in a gloom ever since we’ve arrived to this dreary lake,” Pan said as he fluttered about Florian. It was true. Florian hadn’t say anything ever since Pan had mentioned the thought about swimming across the dark waters. In fact, she hadn’t even shot a glare to her friend let alone Zangar. “I’m fine,” she finally muttered and sped up her gait a little bit. “I just want to find a way out of these perilous woods,” she said. Pan sighed deeply and nodded his head as he followed a little bit behind her. “Would a simple ‘I’m sorry’ do any justice? I don’t like seeing you in such a mood,” Pan asked. But Florian didn’t respond to him as she made her way around the lake’s edge. It was hard maneuvering on the soft earth and keeping an eye on the eerie waters. It spooked her to be this close to a lake—even more so a lake in the middle of nowhere that was covered in a fog and smelled of decay. All she wanted was out of this place, but all they seemed to be doing was getting more lost…or so, that’s what it seemed like.

“How about a quick break, Florian?” Pan asked, almost hollering out to her. The young mare sighed deeply but knew well enough that she should rest her weary legs and that Pan, most likely needed to rest his wings. “Fine,” she simply replied before walking to a nearby willow and standing underneath it. She used the thick trunk to lean against for support. Now, that she barely stood on her hooves was when she felt the most pain. Her legs trembled underneath her frame and pain could easily be seen as her eyebrows furrowed. Right now she didn’t care that the earth was soggy, she needed to lie down. With a heavy sigh, Florian lowered herself so that she lay underneath the willow.

“You should go talk to her. You know…cheer her up like you did with that flower,” Pan suggested as she perched on a low branch close to Zangar with a hopeful smile.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:55 am
II Paradox II

Things had gone terribly downhill ever since Florian had stomped off to follow the water's edge. Zanger had been on the verge of seeing her warm up he thought, they had been getting along fairly well he had thought...but now he felt like he was back at square one. Not that he was going to give up - oh no, and he certainly couldn't leave the mare to stumble about through the woods on her own, never mind leave her in such a terrible frame of mind. He just hated to see all his earlier progress washed away. Dratted Lake..why did it have to show up?

Snorting softly he'd tried to help the mares obvious dislike of the water by trying to keep himself between her and the edge..he didn't mind walking alongside the shoreline, while it was slippery at times it would be far better for him to fall into the water then Florian who apparently could not swim.

"I think a break is a fine idea!" Zangar stated as Pan hollered out, turning his head to give Florian an agreeable look, though he tried to put a bit of weariness into it as well so that would think his next statement was a least a little bit valid. "I'm sure we could all use one." It wasn't until the mare leaned up against the tree however that Zanger realized how much pain she must be in, that she had managed to trudge on in such a state could only be explained by sheer determination to leave the forest or more probably the lake behind.

"I'll..see if I can do something" Zangar told Pan, turning his head to glance at the hummingbird where it perched near his head, the birds hopeful smile was enough to spur Zangar into action, though he did not immediately go to the resting mare. Instead he wandered off a bit into the woods - remaining in sight so she wouldn't worry but clearly looking for something in the vegetation. It took a bit of searching but presently he found some of what he was looking for - not a flower, sadly, but a branch with some smallish blue-purple berries on them. Elderberries loved growing near water like this and had a nice sweet taste to them. Perhaps they would cheer the mare up. He just wished that he had been able to find some mint in their travels but the herb generally preferred a drier place to live...it would have helped greatly with the mare's muscle pain.

"Try some of these, they're quite good!" He told Florian as he approached, placing the berries next to her "And they only grow near water like this, at least one good thing from the lake's inconvenient arrival eh?"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:39 pm
JetAlmeara

While the berries didn’t spark much attention to Florian, she didn’t want them to go waste and quite frankly she was a tad bit hungry. With a murmured thank you escaping from her vocals she stretched out her neck and took the branch. “What are they called?” she asked before gently biting off the berries from the branch. Indeed, Zangar was right about them being quite good. The juice, while being tangy, had a pleasant taste and it wasn’t long until she realized that she had devoured the whole branch that Zangar had offered. “Oh. I’m sorry…did you want some?” Florian blinked with rosey cheeks as she looked to the stallion. The berries had a wonderful taste and she quickly ate them before realizing that they were all gone. “Where did you find them? Are there anymore?” she asked quite quickly, looking around to find some berries. Surely Pan would want a couple as well…

With a heavy sigh she lowered her head. She hadn’t paid any attention to Zangar when he went out in search of the berries and Florian had wished she had paid some attention…With trembling legs lifting her body up as she stood with the support of the willow trunk, she groaned and winced a bit in pain. “How do you know of these berries? They’re not poisonous are they?” she cracked a slight smirk. Zangar didn’t seem like the type to want to kill her and Pan, but then again…she didn’t really know him. She chuckled quietly and shook her head, “I’m only joking” she reassured Zangar. “But really? How do you know? I honestly can’t tell one plant from the other…well…some of them look the same. Sure, I know my flowers. But weeds…herbs…Pft, never really passed that portion of my training,” she laughed softly as she looked over her shoulder to Zangar with a faint smile.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 10:17 am
II Paradox II

"Elderberries" Zangar supplied the name when she asked - by the way she had devoured them it was apparent that she was quite hungry. Well being hungry made everyone cranky and perhaps if he could show her a few of the good things that grew in and near the water she wouldn't hate being close to the lake so very much. "No" He assured her "Those were all for you..there is an entire bush over this way and I'm sure there will be more in the area if we look. Elderberries like to grow near the water" He shared with a warm look.

Although he hadn't mean that she had to get up, she was clearly tired and ought to be resting some more, but at least she was talking again and by the starts..had she even just cracked a joke? He chuckled slightly "No, they aren't poison...although there are certainly some plants in the area which are." He warned, it wouldn't go very well if she went about devouring every berry she saw from here on out.

"My mother taught me...she grew up in a swamp and so she knew the most about plants which live near the water but she was also an adventurer and when I started to show a penchant for wandering off she took the time to teach a few survival skills..you never know when you might wander into an area with limited food sources"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2012 2:06 pm
JetAlmeara

The smile on Florian’s lips blossomed as Zangar spoke of his Mother teaching him some survival guide strategies. “That’s pretty nifty,” she turned around and leaned against the great oak that she had taken refugee under only a few minutes ago. “Tell me more about your family,” Florian smiled as she lowered herself onto the soft ground. They had spoken briefly about their families, but Florian wanted to know more and quite frankly she didn’t want to start walking again just yet so maybe if she was to start a conversation than that would buy them some time. “She grew up in a swamp? So what, you’re used to this type of area?” a little chuckle escaped from her vocals. “Not meaning to be rude…but you do seem to know more about this environment and where to collect delicious berries, which by the way I do thank you” she said. Florian sighed softly as she looked to the stallion. There was something about him that she hadn’t noticed when she first took a glance to him. She wasn’t sure what it was, but knew that her thoughts and views on him had changed ever since the two had first met.

“Florian!” Pan yelled out within the near distance. The young mare blinked, ears swiveling as she could hear the humming on his wings and soon saw him darting towards her in flight. “You never would guess whom I found wandering around!” he chuckled. As Pan spoke, a pink and white pinto stallion walked up behind him. Florian’s jaw dropped and she quickly stood up, ignoring the pain from her sore legs and hooves. “Pax!” she smiled brightly to see her friend.

“Haha,” the stallion chuckled as he tossed his mane back. “Pan had mentioned that you two were in a rough spot,” Pax said. Florian chuckled as she moved halfway to meet the stallion. “Pax, what on earth are you doing here?” she asked with a swaying tail and smile upon her lips. “It’s a rather long story,” he told her before eyeing Zangar. “Who’s this?” he motioned towards the other stallion.

Florian looked over her shoulder to Zangar, “this is Zangar…he’s been helping us to get out of here,” she told Pax. Pax nodded his head as he looked to the stallion, but didn’t say much. “I see,” he finally muttered before looking to Florian. “it’s good to see you,” he stepped towards her and placed his neck over the back of her’s as if he was hugging her. Florian nodded and returned the gesture.

“Zangar this is Pax. He’s a friend of mine,” Florian said as she stepped to Zangar with a brightened smile. Pax bowed his head as he looked to the stallion, but this time with a grimace on his lips. “Nice to meet you,” Pax muttered as he looked to Zangar.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:49 am
II Paradox II

"It comes in useful" Zangar agreed "From time to time." He pondered for a few minutes on what to say when she asked about his family. "Well my mothers name is Bangil - she grew up with her mother mostly, in the swamp...my grandfather I'm told was the wandering type, I don't think he was around much for my mother. When my mother grew old enough she started wandering herself - I think, now that I consider the things she said about those times, that she was looking for her father. I don't believe she ever found him. I know that I never met him. When she became pregnant with me and my sister she settled down somewhat, she said she wanted us to have a stable upbringing and so we lived with her best friends family until we were old enough to travel and meet my father - after that we settled closer to him so that my sister and I could visit, I think it was important to her that we knew our father since she never had the chance to do so..." His voice trailed off as Pan called out and turning around he took note of the pinto's arrival.

And even more of a note of the way Florian greeted him. Well it was good to know she could be happy around someone Zangar mentally groused although he did his best to keep the inner spark of jealously off his face and instead gave the newcomer a warm nod as Florian introduced him. "The pleasure is all mine I'm sure" Zangar replied. "What brings you all the way out here Pax? We haven't seen many others in the area" And by many of course he meant none...was this stallion following Florian? He sure seemed surly enough about finding her with another stallion.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2012 1:20 pm
JetAlmeara

“Well to tell you the truth I was looking for Florian,” Pax said. “I heard word that she was traveling throughout these parts and figured why on earth anyone would want to travel through a boggy swamp? And began to get quite worried when she didn’t return so decided that it was time for some heroic rescue,” he chuckled. “And well here I am! Just in time I would say,” he looked from Zangar to the young mare. “Pan had mentioned that you took quite the tumble. I think it would be best if we were to get out of these woodlands soon. Besides, you look like you could take a bath and we don’t want to keep your friend any longer.” The stallion paused as he shot a look to Zangar and then back to Florian.

Florian chuckled softly and shook her head. “I’m all right, really. In fact Zangar’s taking quite good care of me. He found some berries…Um…Elderberries, I think they were called.” She glanced to Zangar with a soft smile upon her lips before walking back underneath the oak she had taken rest under. “Though I do believe we should be going now. Enough break time for now,” she yawned and stretched out her sore limbs.

“I think we should rest for a bit longer. It’ll be nighttime soon and I don’t plan on traveling in these parts during the night, especially near this lake.” Pax stepped ahead and looked into the forest. “We should rest in there—somewhere. I’m sure we can find some sort of a shelter,” he said with a determined expression.

Florian sighed deeply as she glanced to the woods that surrounded the lake. She didn’t really want to enter back into the forest again and be trapped by a horrible fog. She glanced quickly to Zangar in hopes that he would say something to change Pax’s mind, but knew very well that Pax was very stubborn at times and liked to take leadership.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 11, 2012 6:46 am
II Paradox II

Zangar wasn't entirely sure how to respond to this 'Pax's' estimation of the swamp, true he didn't think Florian enjoyed it overly much either but Zanger had tried to show her at least a few nice things hidden in it's fog. He wanted to make some smart a** remark about narrow minded stallions and late rescues...but this was Florian's friend apparently and being nasty to him was sure to alienate her - even if this spotted pink pansy deserved it. "Well that was just terribly sweet of you." He said instead, imbuing his voice with a great deal of sweetness so that it would be hard to tell if he were being sarcastic or sincere.

Florian managed to sooth his pride a little bit by stating he had been taking good care of her and the brown stallion gave her a warm look "Yes elderberries..she quite enjoyed them, one of the many fine things one can find in a boggy swamp if they know where to look" He stated in a cheerful voice. He knew it was pushing his luck, but really he just couldn't help it. When the stallion suggested they find someplace to spend the night he was actually going to agree..before he saw the look Florian cast towards him.

"Nonsense! We'll be perfectly fine traveling at night, the moon will give us plenty of light and I know the environment well enough to see us through. Florian wishes to move on and I say that's a fine idea!" He remarked, taking up the mares cause quite happily since it meant disagreeing with the other stallion.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 4:20 pm
JetAlmeara

“Don’t be so foolish. Only a fool would travel in such conditions. We need to find shelter and soon!” Pax shouted out as he led the little group back into the forests. Florian sighed deeply as she knew that Pax was right and besides she really needed the rest. But the mare too really wanted to leave this horrible place and never look back. But this forest seemed endless and the fog had only lifted a little bit. Maybe they were just running around in circles. Maybe there was no way out of these woods. She groaned and gave her foreleg a little lick before following after Pax and Pan who had taken the lead, but thankfully they were moving slowly enough for Zangar and herself to follow. “Don’t worry about Pax. He’s a stubborn git who likes to take charge. But he means well,” Florian said with a faint smile as she looked to Zangar. “Though I do appreciate you backing me up,” her smile blossomed a bit as she looked to him. With a pause a silence fell upon the two with the only sound of the faint humming sound of Pan’s wings in the distance and Pax going on and on about something or another. With softened eyes Florian moved closer to Zangar. She hadn’t really taken in a good look of him before now. Probably because she was in an irritated mood from being in such a treacherous place and of course taking that tumble. He was an odd, peculiar stallion but with a great heart. He had helped her throughout this journey and hadn’t left even when she had snapped at him. She wasn’t sure what compelled him from not leaving. Of course she was quite thankful he hadn’t abandoned her or Pan.

After a brief moment a voice inside her head told her that she was staring. Florian blinked with flushed cheeks and shook her head. “We uh—we should catch up to them,” she looked away from Zangar and towards the direction of which her friends had gone off to. And right then as though on cue, Pax called out for Florian. “We’re coming!” she called back out to him with a roll of her eyes. “We’d better not keep him waiting,” she said without making eye contact with Zangar. She dipped her head down to have her mane hide her blushing cheeks. Florian had never felt like a fool in front of a stallion before…This was different and she was unsure if she liked it.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:42 am
II Paradox II

"It's only foolish if you don't know what your doing" Zangar retorted quickly, though he kept his voice calm, more like he was making an obvious statement rather then some sort of argument about the subject. But Florian was apparently used to just giving in to what this stallion wanted and her sigh told him that he had already lost any hope he had of proving he could led them out in the dark. Unless he wanted to leave the group and go it on his own and he didn't really want to do that, he was enjoying Florian's company...

And at least it seemed like he had made some strides in agreeing with her about how to proceed - that was something. Pax might have won the battle but Zangar would be damned if he would win the war. With the other stallion dashing off ahead with Pan Zangar realized he had Florian's full attention and when she spoke of her friend he gave her a charming look "Don't worry..I'm sure he's a perfectly charming fellow.." He stated though no matter how hard he tried Zangar didn't think he fully pulled off sounding like he believed that statement. Walking alongside Florian as they followed the pink pansy and Pan Zangar was so busy trying to come up positives about this - for instance with his bright hide Pax would probably be eaten first if a predator came along - that he almost didn't notice Florian staring at him and by the time he did she was blushing and turning away to answer Pax's call. Blasted stallion was keeping right in step with his tendency to show up at horrible times it seemed. When Florian ducked her head and hid behind her mane Zangar tool the opportunity to snag a passing white flower and tuck it into her mane with a sly motion and an innocent hum, wondering if she would notice. "You know the best place to shelter in these woods is under a big pine, you push past the branches that bent down to almost touch the ground, they connect much higher on the trunk and so when you push past them you find a nice Evergreen cave all around the trunk with the branches keeping out the water and wind and even better keeping you out of sight of the predators." He told her softly. "It always smells nice too...homey and earthy"

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:08 am
JetAlmeara

“Aren’t the pines of such tree hard and brittle? I can’t imagine that being all that comfortable even if you’re sleeping below the leaves,” she said. Florian paused as she looked over to Zangar. “You would think someone who lives within the forests—living off the earth would know more about their environment. But I don’t,” she breathed deeply. “But you…you’re very smart, Zangar. I’m quite glad we bumped into each other in such a place,” she said with a little laugh.

“---I found a place to rest just a head. Will you see to it that Florian finds a comfortable place to sleep for the night?” Pax glanced to Zangar. Florian could see that look in Pax’s eyes as he looked at Zangar. It made her uncomfortable and she shifted on her hooves a bit as she looked briefly over to Zangar.

“Come on. I want to see how comfortable it is sleeping underneath an Evergreen is,” she chuckled and gently brushed the end of her snout against the tip of Zangar’s nose in a motioning gesture.

“Now don’t go off. I’ll only be checking on the perimeter. Won’t be long,” Pax reassured. “Make sure she doesn’t get lost,” Pax looked to Zangar again. Florian sighed and rolled her eyes. “I’m not some yearling, Pax,” she muttered with a roll of her eyes. But Pax didn’t respond back. In fact he didn’t even look at her as he kept his stare on Zangar.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:30 am
II Paradox II

"The cones? Yes, they are..but they mostly fall outside the shelter and the squirrels and birds tend to carry off the rest...the needles are surprisingly soft once they've piled up some" He assured her "But we can pile some grass or moss on top of it if it's not to your liking." He went on, practically glowing with the praise she gave him though it didn't seem quite gentlemanly to agree with her assessments outright, and he was trying to prove himself the more worthy of the two stallions currently in her company. Rather he gave her a warm look and replied. "If no one has ever told you such things you can't be expected to know them, you are a brilliant mare, I'm sure you know many things that I don't....but I am glad we met too, you've added a bright light to a murky adventure."

And then of course..that dratted pink beast showed up and sighing inwardly Zangar turned to give the other stallion a charming and self satisfied look. "Oh don't worry..I'll make sure she's very well taken care of" He told the other stallion, a blank and innocent look on his face as he stared back at the other stallion for a few moments before turning back to Florian and whispering "Not that you couldn't do that yourself, but I never squander the chance at for such charming company as yourself" With one last glance at the pink stallion Zangar gave into Florian's motion and led her towards the tree's. It took a few moments for him to find a suitable one..one whose branches were wide and sweeping and steeply angled...and when he did he shoved his way in between two of those branches and leaned upon one of them to move it out of the way and create a door. Within, a cozy cave was formed by the sweeping branches as they surrounded the trunk. The floor was littered with pine needles but they were deep and somewhat springy to stand on. As promised however Zangar would go out and find her something else if she wished.

Looking over his shoulder he gave the mare a pleased look "Ladies first" He told her.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 5:11 pm
JetAlmeara

Florian was much too busy watching Pax and Pan dissent into the foggy woodlands to see what Zangar was doing, but when she had turned her attention to the stallion she tilted her head with curiosity. He had taken interest in the trees—a pine, nonetheless. She chucked with a smile before trotting up to him as he created a ‘door’ within the greenery. “And you’re certain this is quite comfortable?” she asked, glancing through the branches at the earth below the tree. The area was covered in pines, yes. They looked awfully scratchy, pointy, and not at all comfortable. But she trusted Zangar and he said that when piled up, like they are, they make a perfect bed. “Okay,” she breathed softly with head dipped down a bit as she stepped towards the shelter.

She was careful---well, trying to be careful not to get her mane caught within the branches. But that was proving to be quite a challenge especially with her black rose crown upon her head. Exhaling, as she awkwardly crawled her head underneath the shelter and then lay down. “Well, well…” she muttered as the ground was soft and the pine needles created an even softer touch. Guess he was right after all; she thought to herself and glanced to Zangar quickly.

“Brilliant. Absolutely brilliant,” Pan complimented Zangar with a warming smile. “I quite like this,” she chuckled and shifted her body a bit to get more comfortable. The smile blossomed on her lips as she stretched out her hind legs a bit as they were a bit stiff. “Thank you,” she said to Zangar. “Is this something your Mother taught you? Or did you learn it on your own?” she asked, gently picking a couple leaves and such that had clung onto her body from the fall she had taken earlier.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 6:19 am
II Paradox II

"Far more comfortable then wet ground." He assured the mare as she looked into the shelter with a dubious look, but she seemed to have decided to trust him and he tried to shove the branches further out of the way to facilitate her entry - this was much easier when one did not have quite so much hair and he was certain that she would be picking pine needles out of her tail for a good while after this but..well it was better then being cold and wet or eaten by a predator right?

Following her into the shelter he took up residence beside her, letting the branch spring back closed behind him and mentally congratulating himself. Not only had he gotten the spot closest to Florian but there was always the hope that Pax wouldn't be able to find them and would wander off back to wherever he had come from...given how protective he seemed to be Zangar thought this would be a slim chance but hey even if the pink stallion couldn't find them right away Zangar would feel a bit vindicated. He knew what he was doing thank you very much.

"I'm glad you like it, I sleep in places like this quite often when I'm traveling alone, I actually learned it from a fellow traveler once, they came across me sleeping alongside a log, trying to keep the wind and rain at bay and showed me a far better method...but I went home and shared it with my mother the next time I saw her" He shared with a slight chuckle, recalling how very pleased his mother had been with the technique.

JetAlmeara
Crew

Eloquent Raider

II Paradox II

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:21 pm
JetAlmeara

Florian smiled as she listened to Zangar with a nod of her head here and there. “It is a handy technique to come across. I am glad to have learned it,” she complimented softly. The young mare looked away from the stallion for just a moment as she kept grooming herself. She hated the feeling—the thought of leaves, twigs, and who knows what else stuck within her mane and tail. It frustrated her that her tail was filthy as it was quite the beautiful tail. She snorted as she looked at the earth—mud, and other things that covered the white strands. Nothing she could really do until she left these woods as she would most likely become even filthier. With a sigh, she looked back to Zangar and chuckled as there were a couple pine needles that had fallen onto his back. Leaning towards him, she exhaled to blow the needles off.

“I can’t really say I’ve learned many techniques from any passersby,” she started to say as she pulled her head back and then rested it on her forelegs. “Though I’ve been learned in the strategy of battle,” she said with a smile. “Not that I go out there and try to battle as many as I can. In fact, I’d rather not,” she paused as the smile fainted a bit. “I’m not very good even with the amount of training I’ve done. I really thought that becoming a warrior…or anything for that matter, I might have a purpose. I really thought that was my calling, but I don’t know. I don’t really know anything anymore,” she sighed.

Lifting her head up, she looked around. “And being stuck in this place isn’t helping either. If only I had listened to Pan to begin with. Then I wouldn’t be here,” she shrugged and lowered her head again. “Anyways, best to change subject. What are you going to do when we’re out of this place?” she asked, looking to Zangar.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff