Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Shopping [ Ofelia + Candace ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 3:29 pm
The worst thing that could ever happen to Ofelia was raining down upon her.

Her day had started normally, she had gone through the usual routines. Breakfast, a quick run. Another breakfast snack and then a shower. It was after her shower and during the process of getting dressed that the nightmare happened.

The thong on her flip flops snapped. Not on both shoes, because that would have been okay, but on her right slipper. It snapped clean in half and she couldn't wear the shoe anymore.

There was no god left for the hunter trainee and she openly mourned her flip flop. She carried it with her out of the area that she was pretending to live in, sniffling as she looked it over as if her tears and snot were going to bring it back to life. Perhaps it would be good of her to make a mourning alter for it in the common area, see if anyone else wanted to pay their respects to the lucky shoe that had seen her this far.

It was funny she was more upset about her show being ruined than she was the fact her shirt had a hole in it and had bloodstains decorating it.

Her shirt wasn't her shoe. Ofelia wanted her shoe back.

Eight

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 5:51 pm
Back to the normal humdrum of life, she supposed. Candace didn't really feel up to doing anything productive after what had happened recently. She was terrified to go out, knowing how word around this place like a wildfire in a dry forest. She was scared of what could possibly happen because of her behavior though no one had made any kind of summons for her, no texts saying to be somewhere, not even any kind of threat for punishment. Somehow that was more terrifying for Candace than the actual threat of it. Was she just...being ignored? The idea was painful. What if the doctor didn't want her in his presence anymore? Her chest felt tight. What if Caelius was just waiting to be conveniently rid of her? Aria? Was she ashamed? <********>. She didn't want to disappoint two of the three leaders she was worried about right now. She sat toward the middle of the staircase that went up to the second floor, her elbows on her knees and her head in her hands, fingers tangled up in her hair. Atropos' golem was gone, leaving the weapon back to her regular state. However it had been a shock to both females when Atropos was stuck in hibernation for a day; Candace had panicked and worried she'd lost her weapon for good until the next day when Atropos had woken her. It had been a relief. She still had Atropos, her beloved Atropos.

I'm sorry, Candace. Her voice was soft and gentle. Candace blinked, opening her eyes.

Why's that? You've done nothing wrong.

I can't hold you anymore.. Oh. That. The woman chuckled and shook her head.

Don't worry. As lovely as it was to be able to cuddle up to you for real I did miss having you in my head. It was strange. They both chuckled, the weapon gave a verbal agreement and the two fell quiet. Then she heard a strange noise. Flip, flip, flip...where was the flop? That didn't sound right. Shoes made sound with eat step not just one step.

Candace lifted her head enough to look down the stairs and watch Ofelia walk by with one sandal on and the other in her hand. She raised a brow and sat up straight, tracing a finger along the underside of each eye once to make sure the tears she was holding back really hadn't escaped. Good. Not a single one. She was stronger than that.

She stood and headed down to the bottom of the stairs, her heels clicking on the floor as proper shoes should. Candace followed Ofelia without a word, tilting her head to one side and raising a brow. "Ofelia?" She called out gently, clearing her throat a bit and placing her hands on her hips. "What are you doing?"  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:17 pm
Ofelia hiccuped and rubbed at her nose as she walked along, not caring (much) if anyone happened to see her crying right then and there. Before she would have done her best to hide it but her shoe was broken, ******** you. At the sound of her name she turned and looked, her eye red and puffy and her nose just the same. She was only crying from her actual eye, the socket was dry and empty, but today it was covered with an eye patch so that was all good. It took her a few blinks of her eye to clear the tears to see who it was, and even then she fumbled for a name.

"Camm...uh...Candace." That had to be the name, right? Yeah, it had to be because well she was gonna stick with it anyway screw everything else. "Ah'm sufferin'." Ofelia held out her broken flip flop in Candace's direction, taking a deep sniff to try and quell the river that had been running from her nose. She was seriously crying, these were her lucky shoes dammit.

Life was suffering.

Rubbing her cheek with the side of her arm she properly turned and faced the older hunter, still trying to calm herself down. "Ah was puttin' mah shoes on today an' the cord snapped. S'all gone now, nothin' left." It was a damn Greek tragedy as far as she was concerned.

Eight

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 3:12 am
Ofelia was crying!? What the hell happened to her? Candace looked concerned, her eyes searching Ofelia for some kind of injury or any hint as to what could have the girl so broken up. Did someone hit her? No, Ofelia didn't seem the type to cry because someone smacked her up. Did someone say something? What the hell was the problem? "Suffering?! From what?" Candace looked and sounded so confused. What happened?!

Finally Ofelia turned to her and began to explain the problem. Candace relaxed but looked incredulously at Ofelia, her eyes darting to the flip flop in Ofelia's hand and then then to her face again. Seriously? This is why Ofelia was flipping her s**t? Over a flip flop? It couldn't even be considered a real shoe! What the hell was her problem? She seriously needed new shoes, especially if they were going to be experiencing winter again soon. Her feet would freeze off. And what if they were on a mission? What then? How the hell did her feet not fall off in the Antarctic? Did she wear flip flops those days she better ******** not have! Idiot! She sighed and rolled her eyes toward the ceiling, shaking her head. "Is that all?" Candace didn't mean to be insensitive but..they weren't even cute.

"Hey..calm down, they're just sandals. We can go out and buy new ones for you. Sensible shoes." Says the woman in high heels. "You can borrow a pair of mi--" Her eyes finally caught sight of the girl's shirt and widened with horror, her jaw dropping. She closed it, opened it again, closed it...

The ******** is wrong with this girl. "Y..you can borrow a top, too...before we go.. She was not going to be seen with someone in public dressed like that. Have some ******** pride.

Rown

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:33 pm
The teen nodded in response to Candace's question. Yes, yes. That indeed was all. But just that bit was enough and she sniffled, listening as her new companion started talking and telling her to calm down. At least someone was listening to her.

Shopping? Ofelia thought about that as the option came up but. "We're not allowed ta leave the island right now, yeah?" she managed to hiccup out between calming down her stupid sobs. Others could have seen her getting so upset as being ridiculous but to Ofelia, these shoes meant something. She'd worn them everywhere, they'd brought her back alive more times than she dared count. These shoes were the first thing she'd been given at Deus, aside from Rue and a jacket, so to here they were a priceless treasure and partner.

Rue was offended as ******** that she was being compared to a set of nasty flip flops. Ofelia decidedly ignored all of that, a sign she was gaining more balls against Rue. Or else she was just that attached to her flip flips.

"Borrow some'a yers, are ya sure? Ya always got such nice shoes an' uh. . . Ah'm not sure any'a 'em would fit me. Ah kinda got big feet." She looked down at her toes and wiggled them, the size 10 not really something she could hide. She was a tall person, it was only natural she'd have huge feet right? Her brain wanted to believe that. "Same fer yer clothes. . . "

Shaming Ofelia was actually pretty hard to do but Candace was doing it without even trying. The teen had always admired the girl from afar in terms of fashion, strength, and amount of friends (Ofelia liked to imagine the last part) and now she was here, offering clothing and shoes. It made her feel. . . .a bit awkward.

Eight
Sorry for delay! Thanks for waiting <3

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 8:17 pm
Oh. Right. Candace's face fell at the reminder and she actually looked rather distraught, eyes darting to the stairs and then to the nearest window. ********. There was no getting off the island even for a day unless they were going to the Haunted House for patrolling. ********>. She couldn't get away to relieve stress. ********. ********. ********. She cleared her throat and ruffled her own hair with a small sigh, giving Ofelia a wistful smile. "Right. I forgot about that...next chance we get, though. We can go shopping."

Ofelia's reluctance toward borrowing her shoes was met with a shrug, tilting her head to one side. "What's your size? I'm sure I must have something that will fit you. I think he only kind of shoe I don't have is crocs and cheap sandals." She nearly said flip flop but with how upset Ofelia seemed to be over this broken 'shoe' she held her tongue. But it seemed like Ofelia was just..turning down every offer. Candace raised a brow at her second protest. "What's wrong with my clothes? Clothes are easier to borrow than shoes. Ofelia, your shirt is a mess. It's ripped, covered with blood...we're not fighting anything right now. It's fine to dress well when we're not doing anything." Her lips pouted like a confused child. What was her problem? She looked so uncomfortable..was it her fault?

Maybe..

...Did she care right now? It was hard to tell.

"Let me help you." She wanted to do something right.

Rown

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:27 pm
Help? Someone on this island actually wanted to help her? Ofelia was a little incredulous (which was okay to be, all things considered) and she hiccuped for what she hoped was the last time. Candace had been asking questions before Ofie caught the whole 'I will help you/Let me help you' bit and so she really needed to respond.

Like, now.

"Um. . .size ten, fer shoes. It's hard ta find sommin' nice in mah size 'cause mah feet are so big, s'why Ah usually wear flip-flops. They're kinda one-size-all things an' they dun make me look like Ah got boat rudders at the end'a mah legs." She said, looking down at her feet. Stupid boatfeet, why did you have to be so huge and unable to be placed in cute shoes like a normal person's foot would be. "So s'not like Ah dislike wearin' anythin' other than 'em, jus' far more used ta sandals an' stuff." This was the first time Ofelia openly admitted her love of flip-flops to someone, or rather the exact reason behind it. If Candace wanted to believe her words then that was awesome, if she didn't it was still awesome (though somewhat less so).

Then. . .came the answer for the clothes. "Nothin' is wrong wit' yer clothes, they're jus' . . .really nice. Yer always dressed so pretty, Ah'm. . . " It was awkward to admit, but well she was on a roll with telling people things today, or at least telling Candace. "Ah dunno if Ah'd look remotely pretty in 'em." She really didn't think her own clothing was so bad to begin with but the other hunter was making an awesome point about how she looked gross. Did others see her in this way? Maybe that was why people thought she was gross and no one wanted to look at her like a girl. "But. . . .Ah want to see if Ah. . . Ah wanna." She shut up and then swallowed. "Please make me look pretty like ya!"

. . . . Was that a good way of asking for help? Ofelia hoped so.

Eight
so....late, zomg. sorry for delay ;;;;

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 5:33 pm
Ah, a ten. Candace frowned at Ofelia's answer, looking down at her feet. "How is it hard? Ten's not a ridiculously large size...but it's two sizes too big for my shoes, I'm sorry. Maybe I can find some temporary fix to your...shoe until we find one that fits you." She still didn't approve of these flip-flops though. They weren't a shoe they were a piece of rubber or plastic. They were hardly suitable for casual dress outside of the beach or a water park much less battle. They left her feet vulnerable, and feet were important. She tried not to look too much at her shirt. It was just...so much blood.

You're still upset..

You were covered in her blood when I found you. Candace frowned, shaking her head soon after and clearing her throat. She didn't want to see Ofelia in this outfit any longer than she had to. The compliment on how she dressed made her smile.

Flattery always won Candace over.

"You don't seem to hold yourself in very high regard, hm? That just won't do at all." Candace tsked softly. Why did she think so lowly of herself? Remotely pretty? Ofelia was very pretty! She had such lovely skin, her hair could be tamed, and she had a nice figure to her. Candace was looking her up and down, already thinking of what could be done with her and getting ready to tell her to just shut up and follow her upstairs until Ofelia asked her to...make her pretty..like her.

Candace blinked. "So you want more than just some clothes to borrow, then?" She asked just to be sure.  

Eight

Fanatical Friend

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2012 11:10 pm
Ofelia almost paled when Candace asked her if she wanted more than clothes (and had also mentioned her lack of self-esteem), and the teen flushed with embarrassment and quickly shook her head. "Noo. no nononono sorry if Ah said it funny, Ah jus'....think at least dressin' like ya do is a good step ta bein' pretty an' well Ah'm covered in scars so there's a lot of troubles an' - " She started to ramble, her sentence basically running off, and Ofelia reeled herself back in as Rue cursed at her in her head.

You're being ridiculous, hick, knock this s**t off and just follow her. If I'm going to be stuck with you for a while longer you had better make yourself look presentable and not like the ******** inbred slob you are.

". . . .anythin' yer willin' ta do fer me is nice, if it's not too much trouble. Jus' bein' able ta borrow some nice clothes fer now is more than plenty fer me." The teen tried to run her fingers through her hair but they got stuck on a rat's tangle. Well done, awkward. It wasn't something she could play off either, as her finger was, well, stuck. " . . . . "

Eight

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff