Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:19 pm
User Image

The grey lion yawned as he wandered home from his hunting lesson. Well, where "wander" meant "took the most indirect route possible." It wasn't that he didn't love his dad, or his sisters, but sometimes a guy just wanted to be on his own.

Not to mention if he could manage to find Fuu, then the young lion could go back to his favorite pasttime of following the purple lion around. Yes, he loved his father, but Fuu was the kind of lion Avahk wanted to be when he grew up.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:23 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Horae was a bit...of a thorn in the side of her family. She hadn't much had the taste to find love, but after what had happened to her sister, she was more bitter against it than anything. She had sworn off idiot males, and had no interest in doing anything more than being supportive of her sister and her new family. Part of which included disliking anything to do with Yareha, and ignoring as much of his family as she could. It was unfair, but her temper could flare up at times, and she wasn't very interested in creating more drama that the pride didn't need.

So when her eyes rested on Avahk, she wasn't too thrilled. It was hard to just disappear in this pride, with little to no cover in a lot of the pride's borders. Oh, s**t.

At least his mane wasn't fully grown in. How much trouble could he cause, anyway?  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:27 pm
Avahk happened to look up in the right direction and saw a brown lioness watching him, eyes narrowed, dislike radiating from every line in her body. She was an adult and he wasn't entirely certain who she was, but the odds were good she knew who he was. His dad had a reputation throughout the entire pride by now, and it was common knowledge who Avahk was.

It was so unfair though! It wasn't as if Avahk had asked to be Yareha's son! Yes, he loved his father, but still! They shouldn't blame Avahk for what his father did! That was the sort of thing that really ticked him off. So much so that the adolescent walked right up to the brown lioness.

"Can I help you?" he asked testily.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:38 pm
Horae didn't really know what she was expecting, but it did surprise her to see Avahk march right up to her and confront her. Her warm brown eyes blinked a few times as she looked (slightly) down at him. She forgot how fast youngsters grew.

"Surprised that you confront issues," she said with a chuckle. "No, no help. Just..." She paused, trying to find the right word, one that wasn't too testy in her mind. "Just surprised to see you alone."

Right, like that was the best thing to say to an adolescent male.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:42 pm
Avahk's mouth twisted, something between a smile and a scowl. "Really. I could've sworn that you'd like to do something to me. Probably because of my father, huh?" Being glared at due to Yareha's parentage was something the grey lion was exceedingly familiar with. To the point where, as he'd just demonstrated, he'd rather confront the issue head on instead of verbally dancing around it.

"So I'm alone. It happens. I'm old enough for it," the lion retorted.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:51 pm
Horae snorted. "I have more honor than that. I may dislike you because of who your father is, and avoid you because of it, but I wouldn't slap you around." Really, what was his problem? Unused hormones? As long as he didn't act like his father in that regard...if he did, you bet Horae would smack him down. The pride didn't need another so soon after Yareha had seemed to 'settle' out a bit.

"You are alone. Just be sure to not go hunting alone. Don't need to go finding you if you slip." She was surprised how easy it was to let him rile her up, and in turn it just wanted her to treat him like the little cub he was acting like.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 9:56 pm
It was a force of will alone that kept Avahk's lip from curling up in a snarl. But he couldn't afford to lose his temper like that. So he settled for a sneer instead.

"So you don't even give me a chance to prove myself? You're just going to judge me because of my father and that's that?" How like an adult. Just because he wasn't supposed to disrespect them, they took total advantage of his youth to be as rude and prejudiced as they wanted.

He ignored the comments about being out hunting alone. He was more intelligent than that and knew better than to acknowledge not-so-subtle threats like that.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:56 pm
Horae shrugged her shoulders. She felt like he was just digging himself further and further into some weird void that he might not get out of. "You're proving yourself to me right now," she answered calmly. She was feeling pretty well set in her opinion, since he was aggressive...but too aggressive.

"You need to take a deep breath and not get so angry. Adversity is around you. My family may never quite care for your family, but creating hostility isn't going to help. I have to tell myself that each day, otherwise the Queen may kick me out for being an idiot."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:00 pm
Really, what gave her the right to talk to him like that? He wasn't the one getting aggressive first - she'd started that by glaring at him from across the way! Stupid adults, always projecting their problems onto others.

"If you want me to "calm down" or "be rational" or "avoid creating hostility" then why don't you do us all a favor and treat me like anyone else in this pride?" the adolescent demanded. "Forget who my father is and leave him out of it!"  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:15 pm
Horae couldn't decide how she felt. She kept hovering between anger and amusement. How did he not see that he was ruining his reputation, separate from his father's? Perhaps it was mere adolescence, wanting to prove himself by sticking out even more than his father.

Anger was hard to control, but it was also hard to control the laughter that bubbled at the back of her throat. It turned into this strange mixture of bitterness.

"Alright," she answered as calmly as she could, but there was clearly held back resentment in her voice. "I will remember my rank and class, and you will remember yours."

Her eyes narrowed again, returning back to the posture she had when she had first seen him. "I see you separate from your father - you are much more hostile than he is, even compared to as foolish as he was in the past." Horae had no idea what other 'trouble' he was getting himself into, since she never paid attention to his comings and goings anymore.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:18 pm
Avahk gave an inarticulate snarl. This lioness was clearly uninterested in anyone's opinion other than her own. So it was not worth any more time or effort trying to persuade her otherwise. Yes, perhaps he'd come on a bit strongly, but she wasn't exactly helping things either!

"If that's the way you want it, fine," he retorted. The grey lion turned and headed for home without another word. No need to take the long way now, he might as well go straight there. Maybe Dad would be willing to commiserate with him.  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm
Horae shook her head. He didn't get it. Well, she was feeling quite comfortable in her assumption that he was a lot like his father, just more vocal about it. He didn't give her anything to prove her otherwise. If he had merely been pleasant, she may have been a little suspicious, but nothing more.

She watched him leave for a moment, bemused, but still felt a lingering feeling off irritation at him. Well, she'd go see if someone wanted to give her their guard patrol for the moment. She needed something to do to keep her distracted.  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas