Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[ GM ORP ] Warriors and Kings - THE END P.14 Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:22 pm
The entire island shook, which really was becoming not much of an abnormality these days.

Several labs techs were still blaming each other for the earthquake prevention failure when the island shook again-

- And all power in every single facility went offline. Seconds later, the backup power began humming again the same time the emergency orange lights flickered on and a loud voice began to wail in every single room shouting very clearly an evacuation process.

A lab tech stared at the backup screen and then at the readings which were going extremely haywire. "What on earth is going o-"

Another quaver and then the erratic wavy readings flatlined.

"OH SHI-"

The emergency speakers in every single facility once again began to blare. "Emergency code 15. Main shield is down. All Hunters report immediately to main gates for defensive procedures. All Hunters report immediate-"

WHOOMPH.

Silence. Several Hunters busy scrambling to get Runic weapons looked up, at the sky that began to bleed from blue into a deep grey-white. Even the training fields, the main area outside was saturated in a thick white fog.

For a second there was what sounded like a distant roar, and then a single voice as the fog began to coil and merge together, shift and intertwine into a single convoluted mass higher than any building.

"Home."

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:32 pm
The shields had gone down and as a result the fogs had come together to recreate the massive form of a certain creature that had been plaguing the island for some time now. They let out a monstrous roar as they burst from the fog. Apparently, they hadn't been too happy about not being fully formed all this time. They could feel strength surging through them once again like never before. As if they weren't a problem enough before now.

Perhaps now was the time that they took this island for their home once and for all.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:44 pm
And yet, the fog did not stop trickling towards the singular growing source, the monstrosity less dragon and more incomplete mist and greying smoke. There were voices now, whispering everywhere, soft and incomprehensible. As the fog grew, covering everything in a thin layer of white even as the creature emerged, a frayed grey-white leviathan in a mass of white, the atmosphere continued to grow colder. White. Static. There was no way of missing the nearly fourty-foot target that loomed above everything else.

Gasps of panic and then yelling. Several Hunters called for their weapons, pressing their bracelets. Nothing happened.

Others tried to press forward regardless, only finding themselves going through the half-forming mass, the mass still growing and solidifying piece of piece. Others grimly clutched at their Runic weapons, the golem form of their weapons steadying themselves, ready for that moment.

It was a waiting game that promised only destruction.

OOC

EMERGENCY EMERGENCY!

- All Hunters and their weapon golems have been called to deal with this situation. Unfortunately it seems that the main shield has gone down, leading to a surge of Insanity.
- Right now the boss is still FORMING, it can't be attacked yet, but everyone is getting ready
- GENERAL GOLEM ATTACK RULES:
For anyone who's weapon is a GOLEM, you cannot desummon them. They have to attack AS A GOLEM. That means your weapon is attacking FOR YOU/ they are your Fear Shield pokemon style. IT also means the more damage they take, the more damage their golem takes. If your weapons golem hits -10 HP they are entirely gone/ faded away/ the weapon forcefully desummoned and in hibernation for a good day. Any phase in between will result in varying levels of damage to the weapons golem (ie: melting, chipping off, gash marks, etc etc)
- Hunters: Hunters unfortunately cannot attack, but if they have RUNIC WEAPONS they can use them. This counts as a turn (where applicable), as Hunters AND Weapon Golems share turns. Hunters are VERY SQUISHY (though for sanity purposes they share the HP pool of their Weapons Golem). It is recommended they stay out of combat and let their Weapons Golems do the work.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:04 pm
Gale had been in the process of fixing up his home when it happened.

"Pass me the - "

Rumble.

Crash.

Thud.

It was, perhaps, a good thing that Jinhai had been in his golem form, since Gale, standing atop one of the counters in his kitchen, was shaken off balance by the sudden trembling of the earth, an unpleasant falling sensation lurching in the pit of his stomach. The earthquake had shuddered him out of position, and he had tumbled off of the counter - but fortunately Jinhai had been standing right behind him, catching his hunter and staggering back several steps under the abrupt weight.

"Ouch. Thanks, Ginny."

"Don't mention i - "

There was an odd whirring sound, another violent tremble, and then suddenly they were plunged into darkness. From where he stood, Gale could see the flashing red lights that were being emitted across the entire island and hear the wailing noises of the evacuation sirens, the shouts of the techs over the speakers -

"Emergency code 15. Main shield is down. All hunters report immediately - "

"Oh, s**t" was right. Gale struggled to his feet and grabbed Jinhai's arm, tugging the dragon down the hall and out the door. "Come on, we've gotta go."

Outside the sky was an awful, tepid grey white that was so thick it was difficult to see. Keeping ahold of his weapon, Gale ran down towards the main gates, feeling a great deal more unprepared than he usually was - Jinhai was not a rifle right now, he was a golem, and the thought was not exactly comforting.

Nor was the forty foot, misty dragon that was suddenly there. Gale knew only too well what exactly they were suddenly dealing with.

"Bloody hell."

kuropeco

Dramatic Marshmallow

iStoleYurVamps

Trash Husband

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 7:53 pm
The emergency speakers blared and fear ran down his spine. Shaking earth did not help. Another invasion? They were not ready for such a thing, not so soon. The vampire remained steady as the ground shook, looking at Marcus's grasping almost as if it was amusing. Then? Dis simply looked at Marcus, a cold detachment in red eyes as hunters ran past heading towards the disturbance.

This was not a time to panic, only a time to act. Following the crowd, runic daggers were only half charged. He'd used them while working out in the towns but, they were something. Step by step he joined the other hunters, Dis following, silent.

There was no reason for them to talk. The vampire simply was following the lead. As they arrived to the mist dragon Dis sighed, gravitating towards the one he knew Marcus usually would partner with. "Hello Jinhai." Hand on the dragon's shoulder, he smiled. Nope, nothing wrong here.

Marcus looked at Dis and sighed. "Well, looks like our new neighbor is wanting to be a home wrecker." A scowl crossed his features. "Again."
Dis was simply leaning on the dragon, smiling. "I think our hunters are worried they will not get to play house. But, that's what they get for not giving the poor monsters a nice welcome basket."  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:13 pm
Otto's extreme fear of the dark had been even more extreme after his experience in captivity. So when all power shut down suddenly, even if only for a moment, Tenya had to do damage control.

Calming Otto from hysterics hadn't been easy, even as the blaring warnings and orange lights filled the halls. Eventually, he was well enough to head out to the main gates.

And oh, it was Bad Neighbour Jericho. Actually, Otto had never had the pleasure of getting aquainted with said creature, and stared at it in abject horror. It was taller than most buildings. How were they supposed to fight that?

"Sorry Tenya." He uttered to his weapon, pressing the button on his wrist cuff.

Nothing.

"....did it break?" She asked, looking at it with a raised brow. "I dunno... but I'm screwed. I don't got clearance for runic weapons.." He muttered with a shaking voice. Tenya frowned, and stood in front of her small hunter, facing the monster up ahead.

"I will protect you, muffin!"  

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

poke mattix

Rainbow Lover

25,750 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Gaian 0
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:37 pm
There was a yelp when the ground began to shake once more, And Jason nearly feel over had Zanthvos not steadied him. And then the power went out, and he nearly cried, latching onto the fallen angel in fear that somethign was going to jump out at him and eat him.

Thankfully the lights came back on on, and he had not been eaten. But he had just hugged his own perverted weapon.

"There there Jason, it's okay..."

"Not now Zanthvos" He whined, as the emergency speakers boomed into life. The shield was down, again. Were they being attacked? The moon hunter scrambled after the other fleeing hunters towards the main gates, pausing only to look up as he went outside. The sky was going grey-

"OOOHHH SSHHHIITTTTT" He swore out loud at the giant DRAGON that was FORMING OVERHEAD. He screamed, then coveredhis moth in a lame attempt to stop alerting everyone on the island he was scared. He instead whimpered into his hands.

"Well. That is certainly something you don't see everyday" The fallen angel had caught up, and wasnow staring into the sky, one hand shielding his eyes. "He looks pretty big, don't you think?"

"Yes..." Shaking, he lifted up his wrist to press the button "S-sorry, but I need you in your weapon form to-" He pressed the button, but nothing happened.

..He couldn't use his sword.

...He felt like crying.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:49 pm
“Again?" Her weapon had suggested they head down to the training grounds. It seemed to Sherry that was the only place the lindworm wanted to be. And Sherry knew that would mean more running, or jumping, or something. It guaranteed bruises for the trainee, though. "But we just did tha-“ Sherry didn’t finish the statement. The shaking under their feet was rather distracting.

Armagnac ignored the shaking. “You could use another round. Never such thing as too much practi-“ This time the shaking was followed by the lights cutting out, and the alarms starting up. “Well, perhaps now is not the time for practice. Let’s go.” The lindworm stood and headed for the door. Sherry didn’t bother to say anything as she followed.

They didn’t have to go very far before they caught site of what was happening. Sherry stopped in her tracks. “Holy hell,” the trainee whispered.

“Hrm. Best prepare for a real fight.” Armagnac sounded the slightest bit sad.

“Right,” Sherry replied, inhaling. She pushed the button on the cuff they’d given her. She was going to need Armagnac in weapon form for this.

“Don’t hesitate.” Now the lindworm sounded a bit irritated. The fight hadn’t even started yet and Sherry was messing stuff up. They were going to have to work on this.

“I didn’t. It’s not working.” She brought her arm up to show her companion, her finger repeatedly pushing the button.

“You are clearly doing it wrong,” Armagnac grumbled and grabbed Sherry’s wrist, pushing the button herself. Nothing happened. She pushed it again. Still nothing. She looked down at Sherry. “Ok. It’s broken.”

“What should we-“

“It’s fine,” Armagnac grinned, letting go of Sherry’s arm. “This will be far more fun, anyway. Be sure to pay attention,” she started moving toward the disturbance again.  

Grifferie

Crew

Deus Sherry

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:16 am
"Well now, this is exciting." Rue had been idle moments before, her interactions with Ofelia done for the day, when the shaking prompted the golem to get up from where she was sitting and move towards a window. She didn't need to guess what was going on, she could let the siren tell her from there, and as Ofelia entered the area fresh from a shower the teen barely had time to get some clothing on before Rue had her by the wrist and was dragging her out. It didn't matter Ofelia was only half-dressed and mostly soaked, her shower interrupted by the earthquake and power failure, all that mattered was Rue had a destination in mind and they were going to go there now.

A group of people already had gathered by the time the pair arrived and Rue released Ofelia's wrist, crossing her arms beneath her chest as she peered at the forming dragon. "Hmmm....."

"Hmmm what? Yanno what that is?" Ofelia was trying to wring the excess water from her hair, still steamed that she had shampoo and conditioner still stuck inside. It was easier for her to just focus on that rather than the fact she was powerless with her weapon currently standing right next to her. She didn't have any runics, and pushing the button to turn Rue off wasn't working, so now what was going to happen?

"Just shut up and stay behind me. You just took a shower, it'd be a shame for you to get all bloody so soon after." If that was Rue's way of saying I'll protect you then she really needed some work, but Ofelia took the message loud and clear and stepped behind her golem partner.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:26 am
Robert was out and ready to destroy some foggy dragons within seconds. He even looked excited about it, despite what he knew he had to do to fight properly. He pressed the button to call Jezebel back to him, and winced, waiting for the screaming to commence inside his head. He knew she wouldn't be happy about returning, but..

..the screaming never came.

He opened first one eye, and then another, before button mashing desperately. "STOP ********' AROUND b***h, WE GOTTA-"

"We?"

Jezebel had sauntered out on her own time, and she was standing behind Robert, staring at his growing desperation. Her hands were crossed, and she was giving him such a look.

"Jazzy, come on-"

"Come on and what, huh?" Her wings flared up behind her defiantly. "Come up and save your a** again? Like I always ******** do? Is that what you want, p***k?"

Robert's arms started to shake in pure, uncontrollable anger. "This is not the time or the place-"

"I SAY IT IS, DICKFACE. I SAY WE LAY OUR s**t OUT ON THE TABLE, RIGHT HERE, RIGHT NOW."

Robert stared at her in bewilderment, then flung his hand up in the air, wildly gesturing towards the dragon. His wordless demand did nothing to ease her temper, and finally, Robert slumped in defeat.

"What. The ********. Do you want."

Jezebel smiled.

"You know what I want, nutsack?" She walked past him, moved to stand in front of him, and faced the dragon with a look of determination, and just a hint of jealousy.

"Freedom."  

Nio Love

Enthusiastic Lunatic

17,350 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Campaign Manager 500
  • Ultimate Player 200

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:53 am

Somewhere along the way Rep had found Tracey again, and though he was still flat out ignoring the tiny angel, he'd taken to following the hunter around patiently. Being out of his head was exciting and all but it left him worried - it was very hard to tell anything about the man from the outside. With him refusing to even speak to him after twitter, he felt like someone locked out of a power station that was probably going into a sort of meltdown.

Rep swept along the corridor at a powerwalk, forcing Tracey to all but scurry to keep up. He was on his way to the cafeteria where he was determined to get a hot chocolate reguardless of what abominations were in there.

But the drink never came, as with a flicker of the lighting the emergency code went out across the facility. The shield was down.

"Oh for ******** SAKE, THEY DIDN'T GET THIS s**t FIXED AFTER LAST TIME?" he tried to summon Tracey in his anger, only to get nothing - freeze and turn to eye the angel golem.

He got a big soulful blink in return.

"Can't you ******** get back in my head?!" he jabbed the power button. Nothing happened. Tracey shook his head.

"I repeat. FOR ******** SAKE." he bristled, before in a show of fleeting concern, hefting the small figure up into his arms to break into a flat run out of the building in the direction of the main gates. The minute he got out of the doors he was faced with what had to be the source of the whole ******** problem. Fog dragon was back.

"Oh dear.", Tracey said.

Rep felt it was a bit of an understatement.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:41 am
The annoying humans were gathering before them. Good. It made it easier for them to wipe them out all at once. There were other things with the humans too, but it mattered little. They were still going to cleanse their home from all intruders.

Once the fog had gathered enough for them to make their move, they roared out, rearing their great head towards the sky. Several large objects made from the fog began to rain down onto the land.

ROUND 1
INSANITY DRAGON V 2.0
HP: 250

Quote:
THE OOC:
- 2 moves (attack/defend/heal/ect) per round!
- Each round will begin with a move by the giant insanity fog monster.
- No autodamage
-People may still come in!
Meteor dice shower - roll 7d4 before your first move. For every 1, you take 2 damage.

Blade Kuroda

Militant Raider

demon_pachabel

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 9:45 am
"No, Cassandra, you're not-"

"But I-"

"I said no!"

"But!!"

"Don't you 'but' me, young Lady!"

The most easy of location to find Cassandra for the last period of time had been thrown over Nicodemus's shoulder as he carried her about like a disgruntled mother bear. Cass hadn't exactly enjoyed it that much, either. She liked having her feet on the ground. Sure Nicodemus was great for reaching high shelves, but she was starting to wonder if this was going to give her muscular dystrophy or something.

"NICODEMUS, PLEASE PUT ME DOWN." Cass half begged dramatically, thumping the Tonberry on the shoulder with a small pout, right as the lights went out. She shot a look towards the ceiling. EXCUSE ME MR CEILING, SHE WAS TRYING TO INSTILL HER POUT RIGHT THEN. That worked less effectively if she couldn't be seen as well.

Emergency codes followed and Cass flailed her legs. "Okay, now you really need to put me down or we're not going to get anywhere!!" Nicodemus passed her a look then shook his head. "You're fine right where you are." he answered.

Cass leered back at him.

"But how am I going to-"

"How are you going to in the first place...?"

".................."

He had a point. She was kind of being carried around by the weapon she would normally summon, even as he slowly began to make his way outside. So.... very....slowly. If there was anything she'd noticed about Nicodemus, it was that he was never in a rush to go anywhere.

So she'd probably be outside in about 30 minutes.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:23 am
What the ******** the ******** glared up at the fog-dragon as if its mere presence were an insult, which was basically true. ******** the fog. ******** dragons. ******** their s**t getting destroyed over and over. "Kouki!"

......... And, at this moment, ******** her weapon being stuck in a golem body.

The serpent-sword peeked up at the dragon, looking thoroughly intimidated. Madison sighed. "Kouki, if you were, um, how you usually are, this wouldn't freak you out at all. You'd be telling me to go after it, right?"

"Of course we would," he said, automatically. His hands tangled in her obi.

"Then... what's the difference? You're still you..."

"We will fall. We will fail," he whispered, his four-toned voice sorrowful, like a proclamation of doom. "It is all right, working with you. You are strong. We... we are not strong. We have lost our fangs."

"... oh, honey," Madison said, turning around and wrapping her arms around him. "Come on. We have to do something. You have to do something..."  

Sosiqui

Enduring Muse

Bittiface rolled 7 4-sided dice: 1, 3, 1, 4, 4, 1, 3 Total: 17 (7-28)

Bittiface

Sarcastic Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:32 am
"Otto, look out!" Tenya screamed, tackling the boy to the ground as the dragon rained an attack down upon them. The drop bear did her best to keep his body covered, protecting her fragile hunter from the onslaught.

She winced as it tore at her back, but made no move to run.

HP: 44/50  
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 11 12 13 14 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces