Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Rain on Me [ Ofie + Jordan x Weapons ] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 11:54 am
Both of them knew he was back - it was ridiculous to think otherwise. The red-headed teen had heard the rumors (and by proxy the resident of her head knew them as well) but she'd made no effort to act on them, no reason to go and seek out a person who once held a special position in her heart. That location had long since been vacated, a bitter mess left behind that even now Ofelia didn't quite grasp, and at the mere mention that Jordan was back she simply shut everything off and tried to pretend he was still gone. She tried to pretend she didn't care that he'd been taken the entire time, that she'd worried in silence without letting others know. She wore her emotions too openly, or so Rue often screamed at her in her head, so when it came time to see him and check his health there was no surprise she'd closed everything off and refused to move.

The Boo Hag wasn't really at a loss for it all, she'd been there the entire time and had seen everything that went through Ofelia's mind. She knew the history, knew the stories. She knew the terror Ofelia felt the moment Jordan turned and walked away and she knew the terror Ofelia was now feeling at the fact the man could encounter her at any time. If the weapon was any of a decent sort she would have left it all alone, left her partner to her own devices huddled in the corner, but Rue was not a decent person by any means of the imagination. Ofelia hadn't suffered enough in the day, or so she felt, and the golem took it upon herself to see to it that whatever relationship the pair might still have, fractured or no, would be completely destroyed by her hands. The thought of Ofelia suffering, of her giving in to the commands that Rue whispered into her ears at night, left a feeling of delight that sped the Boo Hag on her way down the hall.

It wasn't like she was wandering around entirely by herself, Ofelia wasn't that far away, and the golem paused in her search for the elusive Jordan. Should she try his room? Ofelia knew of it so therefore Rue knew of it - but would he be there? If that damndable Rep was there it would make it all that much better. . .

Prolixity
hope this is an okay start?

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:54 am
Jordan was not in his room, but he was returning to it, Ferros trailing along behind, looking thoughtful. "Kouki is all right," the dragon finally decided as Jordan unlocked the door of room 239.

"It took you this long to make that decision?" Jordan paused to raise an eyebrow at his weapon.

"There were circumstances," Ferros said with great dignity.

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 3:44 am
Perfect. Rue had started down the hall just as she noticed someone coming her way, dark red eyes narrowing at first with suspicion, then opening wide with delight, as she noticed just exactly who it was. The weapon he had with him was of no consiquence to her, Rue could care less about any additionals (though Rep still would have been a great idea) and the golem headed towards the door as soon as she saw them get close enough to start to open it. Her stride carried her over quickly, the act of wearing boots and clothing and walking no longer a real problem for her.

"Jordan?" Her words were a soft purr and they sounded like a question, though really she knew who he was. Why she was acting this way, acting coy and shy, would be known only to her until she managed to get what she wanted. "May I speak with you?"

Prolixity

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:37 am
Jordan turned as he heard someone call his name. The voice was unfamiliar, as was the face; she wasn't wearing a Hunter coat, so odds were good that this was someone's weapon. "Certainly," he answered.

Ferros rumbled quietly and stepped up behind his human, looming protectively.

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:07 pm
"Ahahaha, no need to be so formal with me. I know you quite well after all." Rue crossed her arms and looked Jordan up and down, the smirk on her face spreading from ear to ear as she tilted her head faintly backward to take Ferros into the glance. He wasn't a threat, at least not to her, and she moved one of her hands to motion with it. "Or rather I should say you're more familiar with my partner, Ofelia." The name came out in a thick hiss, and if Rue was watching to see if Jordan would react it was unknown.

"I've mostly come today to thank you for taking such good care of her. If it hadn't been for you I wouldn't have gotten where I am today." She was clearly mocking in her tone now, but her face stayed in the same devilish smirk. "Also I came to see if you really were back since she's too terrified to do it herself. I've never known her to be scared of anything but you've topped the list."

Meanwhile a certain spoken-about red-head sneezed as she finished wrapping a towel about her torso.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:43 am
Jordan's eyebrows lifted as the weapon's manner went from diffident and shy to smugly confident in a heartbeat. Ofelia's partner - "Rue, then?" he asked politely.

Ferros's soft rumble notched up with irritation as he was acknowledged and dismissed in the same breath. He stared at Rue without blinking, the glow of his eyes remaining steadily fixed on her, his tail beginning to sweep slowly from side to side.

"Really?" Jordan crossed his arms as he listened to Rue, his tone remaining neutral. "I'm not sure what cause she has to be scared of me. I haven't threatened her."

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2012 9:19 am
The Boo Hag's face lit up as her name was mentioned, pleased to see that he recalled Ofelia having told it to him once or twice. While she wasn't overly fond of him she liked him well enough because of his effect on Ofelia. "In the flesh, so to speak." Ferros's rumble didn't go on deaf ears, nor or blind eyes his body posture, and the Boo Hag sighed as she looked at him. "In case you hadn't noticed, I'm speaking with Jordan - not you. If you have a problem with me speaking to him you're welcome to have it - but back off. I'm just using words, it's not like I'm going to try and take him from you. If you really want to speak with me so badly, or be included in this conversation, act like an adult and use your big boy words."

Rue's verbal battery and scathing was not limited to Ofelia, or so it seemed.

Moving on from there Rue responded to Jordan's next statement and question, a soft sigh escaping her lips first. "Ahaha, it's because of that exact attitude that she's so scared of you." Rue cackled and placed a hand on her cheek, closing her eyes and shaking her head as she ended her sentence. "She's really so pitiful like that, but I still really must thank you." Rue lowered her hand and crossed her arms again, the smirk she wore ever present.

Meanwhile, sensing a disturbance in her Rue-force, Ofelia was quickly getting dressed with the intent to hunt down her weapon before serious damage could be done.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 1:53 am
"If you are speaking to my hunter, you are speaking to me," Ferros answered, the red glow of his eyes flaring briefly. His claws flexed. "You are a class E and I am a C. Do not be too disrespectful."

"Ferros?" Jordan said, surprised, and turned to look at his weapon.

Ferros growled softly, but subsided with a long hiss of escaping steam.

Jordan turned back to Rue, giving her a long, calculating look. Finally, he asked bluntly, "If you hate your Ofelia so much, why did you choose to partner with her?"  

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 5:39 pm
Rue looked at Ferros and his display, rolling her dark red eyes in her skull as if all his hissing and carrying on was nothing surprising. When he pulled rank on her she merely waved him off again, not even caring to mention that since Ofelia had been promoted she had become a higher class, for what it was worth. There was no need for her to get into a pissing contest with the other golem, she was here only for Jordan and that was all.

"I chose her because she's broken, because no matter how much she reaches out for someone her hands will always come back empty." Rue's face split into the grin once more, her eyes narrowing to the point she looked like a devil rather than just a Boo Hag in a golem. "I chose her, dear Jordan, because no one else on this planet will trust or believe in her. She'll always come back to me no matter what I say, no matter what I do, because I won't abandon her like others have and will."

Ofelia was hurrying, her Rue-force senses were off the chart. Her hair was still wet and flopped on her body as she rounded a corner, finally seeing her weapon up ahead. Who was she talking to?

"I hate her with every ounce of her being, but she's mine and so I can't wait to break her into little pieces that will be mine forever." Rue cackled and touched her lips with her fingers, the look of bliss and delight on her features ever so apparent. Her cackle was the first thing Ofelia heard as she approached, and the teen nearly slid pass the entire group as she tried to make it over and get her golem without being noticed. Seeing as she almost tripped and would have hit the floor if not for quick action, she wasn't very subtle. "Ah, Ofelia. I was wondering when you'd show up. We were just talking about you."

"Rue, what are ya - " The teen was about to snap back and yell, grab her golem and go, but she turned to see who was the conversation partner and the words froze themselves in her throat. "Jor....Jordan. S...s'nice ta see ya." Her whole fiery demeanor that she had been spouting at Rue seemed to vanish in an instant and the fury she was wearing was swiftly replaced with someone who looked like they wanted to run.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 3:16 am
Ferros's tail twitched, and he growled again. Rue's casual, gloating contempt infuriated him, and he wanted to break her. This was not the place or the time, though, nor was it a confrontation limited to them alone. He kept his anger banked in his chest like an idling engine.

Jordan's expression fell into a carefully blank mask. He hadn't liked what he'd heard from Ofie about Rue, and he liked the weapon even less now that he was speaking to her. "You won't abandon her," he said quietly, "only because you can't. I wonder if you're aware of what happens to broken Hunters? They're terminated. Killed so they can't become a threat to others. Are you really looking to go back to being a tablet in the Cove?"

As Ofelia skidded around the corner, a look of worry settled across his features, turning slightly sad as Ofelia's whole attitude changed when she realized who he was. "Hi, Ofie," he said. "Good to see you're okay." His gaze flicked to Rue and back to Ofie; he debated whether he should say anything about what Rue had been telling him.

Before he could decide, Ferros spoke, slow and deliberate. "Rue, you are disgusting," the dragon said. "You should care for your hunter. Protect her. What you are doing is not worthy of a weapon. You are not a weapon. You are a monster, and I would eat you if I could for harming her."

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:01 pm
Ofelia had come in just as the talking had stopped, Rue having not answered yet the questions, and even though the Boo Hag golem could have chosen to drop the topic and move along now that Ofelia was here she pressed onward, uncaring that the subject of the entire conversation was now awkwardly pressed before her. It didn't matter that Ofelia had heard Ferros's warning; Rue could give less of a flip.

"Jor - " The teen started to talk when a voice behind her cleared its through, trapping her sentence before it went into completion.

"Oh Ferros, Ferros, Ferros. And Jordan too, by the fact you two are broken records - I believe I've told the both of you that I don't care." The Boo Hag chuckled her words, placing a hand on Ofelia's shoulder. The teen flinched only slightly, to her credit of not wanting to jump out of her skin, and Rue took it upon herself to pull her Hunter more into an embrace. It wasn't one of affection, it was one of possession. "Let her die, she knows I wouldn't mind going back into that place and waiting for someone better to come. Someone male, someone not at all like her. Of course they wouldn't be nearly as much fun as she is, no one is as fun as you are. My sweet, sweet retarded, useless, inbred hick."

Ofelia didn't say anything, still just looking at Jordan. All her fight was gone, not that she dared backtalk Rue in this state anyway. Turning her off would have been the best answer, just ripping the band from her wrist would have worked, but then Rue would scream and cry in her mind and drive her mad with noise. Taking abuse in the physical form was always so much easier but she wasn't sure how much more she could take while being treated like this in front of Jordan.

A person who believed her a liar, who chose someone who had abused her twice over her. Any hope she might have had that he would understand her now, ever so briefly, was flickering out with each word Rue spoke.

"Also Ferros dear, I am a Boo Hag you know - we are monsters by nature." She cackled. "Of course though I'll keep her alive on missions, keep her alive during normal times. It's much more fun to kill her softly and slowly by having those around her turn their back on her. I mean, look at what you did to her." Rue moved one arm and pointed to Jordan. "You think I'm cruel? Look in the mirror, kettle calling the pot black. Go back and defend your murderer, tell everyone he's a good person and they've misunderstood. Go on, pick your side and lie to yourself." Her hand now moved and traced the scar on Ofelia's chest, the touch of her fingers causing the teen to inhale sharply. "This mark right here will always say otherwise."

"Rue, please. . . jus'. . .stop." That was all Ofelia managed to say, her eye cast downward. Was she begging for Rue to stop talking badly about her? No. "Dun...talk...'bout Jordan that way. It's. . ." She trailed off as the arms snaked around her more, pulling her eye closer. The smell of earth was strong.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:09 pm
Jordan's fingers tightened on his arms and he gritted his teeth briefly. He agreed with Ferros, but there was no way for him to help Ofelia, or none that he could see. Had the threat been physical or any other sort of threat from outside, he might have been able to protect her - but how could he oppose Ofelia's own weapon, the voice that spoke to her from within, whispering terrible things in a deliberate effort to break her? The bond would break only with death, and Jordan had no idea how long Ofie could stay even partially whole with Rue constantly prying the cracks wider.

He bit back the defensive impulse and shook his head slowly. "None of it is black and white," he said, quietly, watching Ofelia's eyes and aching to reach out, to ease the trapped-animal look he saw there. "I'm not your enemy, Ofie. I can only judge by what I've seen and heard and understood. By what I feel. Don't hate me for that, please." Sometimes, in the trance-induced nightmares, he'd been the one split open by the blade. Sometimes he'd been free, capable of interfering, and had stood aside and let it happen, apathetic and hard-hearted. The latter visions had been much, much worse.

Ofie wouldn't believe his sincerity if he tried to reach out. He regretted the sequence of events that had led to the rift between them, wished that he'd known some way not to ******** things up.

"You are not a Boo Hag any longer," Ferros said, and drew himself up to his full seven-foot height, his chin angling with disdainful pride. "You are not a weapon either. You are a failure. Dragging your Hunter down with you will not change that."

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 1:21 pm
"Sticks and stones Ferros, sticks and stones. You're nothing as well, a wingless kicked puppy who toddles to the every whim of your kettle-master." Rue actually released Ofelia slightly as she went on her verbal bantering battle with the other weapon, barely even looking up at him as he reached his full height. "And if I drag her down, do you honestly care? Did you not just listen to what your own kettle-master just said? He's not her enemy, but how long will that last? It's so nice to know - " Rue was going to say something else when Ofelia took a deep breath, closed her eyes, and elbowed the ever loving s**t out of the golem's torso. Shocked, the weapon-golem let go and staggered backward as Ofelia got free and launched herself into Jordan's torso. "Ofelia, you - " Her words stopped as Ofelia turned and glared, the look on her face a mixture of anger and hurt, fear and fury. The look at Rue stopped as Ofelia turned back to Jordan, resting her forehead against his shoulder as she had done many times before.

"Ah...Ah missed you. Ah....dun...hate ya, but. . ya jus' . . " She wasn't crying dammit. She was not going to cry again, she wasn't going to make him think she was weak and wanting sympathy. No, she just wanted to say her bit again, have him walk off and leave her once more, and then find herself in the cold comfort that was Rue's arms and biting words. Rue would not abandon her, even if she were able, because Rue was all she had. "Ah really missed ya. Please dun hate me an' leave me again, Ah promise Ah'll never lie ta ya again."

Had she lied before? Yes and no - she had always only told what was convient for her. She had wanted to protect Rep that first time, then burn him that second time, and both results had her left alone to her own thoughts and to Rue's voice. No more lies, never.

She was lying to herself right then and there.

Prolixity

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:27 pm
Ferros rumbled scornfully at Rue. "I am finished speaking to you," he said. "Your words are poisonous, and I will not swallow them."

Jordan held himself taut, keeping back angry words that wouldn't do any good. Ofelia's sudden action startled him, and he froze briefly as she clung to him, then hugged her tightly, his throat closing and making him unable to speak for a few seconds. "I don't hate you," he said. "I can't promise never to get angry at you, but that doesn't mean I hate you, okay?" His voice wavered briefly as he spoke, memories of the past and the dead and the nightmares ambushing him all at once with punishing force.

Rown

prolixity

Shameless Enabler

17,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Hygienic 200
  • Ultimate Player 200
THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash