Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House
[1v1 FIN] A Game of Kat and Mo...Horse? [Kat/Shik] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
medigel rolled 1 6-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-6)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:48 pm
For a place called the Haunted House, it felt less ethereal and more . . . bland. Shik had been whisked away to a room bare of furniture an which was barely lit by light. No manner of hiding was to be found, which was equal parts frustrating and comforting: he always did prefer an open battle rather than subterfuge.

Eyes sharp, the horseman leaned against the joint of two walls and crossed his arms, deciding that for this particular landscape it would be best for the prey to come to him rather than seek it out. What was bothersome, however, was the slight buzz in his head, something just enough to cause a blip on his radar without quite identifying itself. But it meant little, he figured. The house was strange by nature and would of course have anomalies, and if he stopped to puzzle each of them out he'd actually grow a beard.

In either case, Shikoba's wings rustled impatiently. War was not always good at waiting.

(( No healing allowed, gj Shik ))

LividPeas rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:13 pm
Kat arrived at the haunted house again, eager to get things started right away. She always enjoyed a good hunt, no matter who it was she was up against. Though, she could do without some of the past battles she had been in. Some of those were faaar to freaky, even for her standards. Smiling up at the building, the huntress cocked her head to the side. "I never get tired of seeing this dump of a building."

With that said, she made her way in, scanning each and every room for a potential target. No luck so far, but that wasn't at all surprising. The house was usually fairly quiet. She could be searching for hours before she found a single enemy--gawd, she hoped not.

Walking the halls, she heard the sound of floor boards creaking off in another room. Was there finally someone there? Or was she just hearing things again? Both maybe? Without thinking too much on it, Katherine found herself heading over to investigate. Narrowing her gaze, it wasn't but a moment before she spotted the rather large male in the room. He didn't quite fit the image of a Halloween denizen, but rather.. Horsemen..! Wow! That was a first!

:Careful, Kat. Aside from missions alongside other hunters, you have never faced one of these alone. Be on your guard.: Noted. Inhaling, Kat summoned Xedis.

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-20)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:21 pm
Bored. Bored bored bored. Shik inspected his claw-like fingernails with a scowl and second-guessed for a moment the possibility of actually going back without some new scars.

And then, salvation. Light footsteps. His wings rustled in anticipation.

When Kat first walked in, the horseman was still scrutinizing his nails with all the casual air of one who had been waiting for a friend. "I was beginning to wonder if Hunters bothered patrolling this place," Shik said after a moment, fingers curling palm-side in and out before finally, with languid movements, he straightened from the wall and cross his arms; and then it was the ghoul's turn to be inspected. It was clear by the rise of his brow that he wasn't impressed.

"Sending a scrawny one alone? Hardly seems fair." And he gave a great sigh, as if her presence was a gift - the kind that when opened revealed naught but socks.

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 1, 7 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:36 pm
Oh darn..she was spotted already. Loosing a sigh, Kat stepped out from the doorway, weapons still in her hands as she grinned at the large male. He looked strong. Perfect. She always enjoyed a good fight. Fighting the weak was hardly any fun.

She remained silent as he spoke, or at least he inspected her with a bored look. "Hey now..that hurts my feelings. Besides, looks can always be deceiving." Shrugging, she closed this distance a bit, stepping onto the room. Her crimson gaze locked on him, as if waiting for him to make a move. When nothing happened, she continued. "You see, I've learned that you must always respect your enemy, no matter what their size. The smallest of your kind, or the Halloween denizens can be known to be some of the deadliest out there, where as the larger ones are just walking idiots. Either way, I don't intend to underestimate any of you. Whether or not you decided to underestimate me, is your choice."

:Enough talk! Shoot!:

On Xedis' command, Kat raised her weapons and fired two shots at large horseman. Looks likes he made the first move after all.

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
----------------------------------
HP: 40/40
TARGET: Shik
DAMAGE: 2
CHARGE: 1/3
ABILITY: Charged Whisker (Gamblers Chance Y2 Mech)

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 6 Total: 13 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:56 pm
Seemed this one would take some more time to rile up. Fine then.

"We have variety, yes." Shik shrugged off the strange metal arrow heads and uncrossed his arms, fingers flexing. "Something lacking in your breed. But respect is a refreshing trait - you would do well to pass on such wisdom."

The large horseman crouched, the muscles in his legs bunching. "This would all be much easier if you gave up, but I won't begrudge myself the pleasure in a game of predator and prey," he said with a hint of a smirk, and without warning Shik launched himself with both legs and wings to rake his claws across the ghoul. "Even if it is futile for your cause!"

HP: 38
Damage: 7
Distortion: 1
FEAR: Blood Pact (Y2 The Chill) GDI HOUSE

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 2 Total: 8 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:06 pm
Kat's attitude didn't change much. Though, she was relieved to find that this foe wasn't going to go into a long rant like some of the enemies she had faced. Those were the kinds of enemies that only pissed her off. So annoying, and sooo boring. Shrugging, the huntress nodded. "I just might do that. But you can't expect my kind to have respect for your kind, yours don't respect us in turn, can you?"

Caught off guard, Kat brought up her arms just in time to have Shik strike at her. Practically hissing as his claws cut deep into her skin, she twisted her gun around and fired another shot into the male. "Giving up? That's a cowards death. I plan on fighting till my last breath, always. Futile or not."

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
HP: 33/40
DAMAGE: 2
CHARGE: 2/3

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 7, 7 Total: 14 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:23 pm
Her words only made his grin grow until it was a shock of white against his darker skin. "Good!" he announced as his shoulder shook from the metal arrows, his FEAR shield preventing them from piercing his skin. "A hunt is tedious if the prey isn't wily!"

Hunter or not, Shik would always have a modicum of respect for those who did not shirk from a fight. And perhaps their ranks were full of similar-minded soldiers, all willing to throw their lives to the front of battle. It meant there would be more targets to take to the slaughter faster.

"Satisfy my curiosity, little huntress: what do humans respect? Their livestock? Their pets? Our interest in you is no different." From far away he could feel the content hum of his fragment call for more, and more he delivered as he swung a fierce kick at the Hunter to try and dislodge one of her strange weapons from her grasp.

HP: 36
Damage: 8
Distortion: 2

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 3, 6 Total: 9 (2-16)
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 6:35 pm
She'd be lying if she said she wasn't disappointed that the bullets didn't pierce his flesh, he appeared to have some sort of shield raised, blocking them out. It was hard to tell, at this point, whether or not she was doing any real damage at this point. "Exactly!"

:Kat, you need to focus!: I know. :Then try harder! Use me properly! This is not a game!: I know that, geez.. The mental bickering continued for a little while longer until the horsemen started again. Snapping out of her thoughts, she locked her gaze on him. "I think we've picked up on that already." She shrugged, examining the wound on her torso. Damn that would take a while to heal. "We respect each other for who we are. That said, we don't like it when other races try to run our lives, or use us to fuel their needs."

Raising her arm again, she gripped the gun tightly, making damn sure she didn't drop her weapon as she fired another shot from her other gun at his leg.

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
HP: 25/40
DAMAGE: 3
CHARGE: 3/3

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 5 Total: 10 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 10:03 am
"I never said anything about respecting you."

The horseman's eyes gleamed even as she kept ahold of her weapon, this time the projectile pressing just fast enough to pierce the shield and cut a small swarth on his thigh as it zoomed past. Her efforts amused him, and it showed as he summoned his curved dagger and peeled the strange arrowhead out with its tip; he paid no mind to the blood trickling down.

"The will to live and the will to fight - that I acknowledge. But you and your kind should have left well alone, little huntress," he said calmly as he slice at her arms - if he couldn't dislodge the strange weapons, then he'd have to force her to relinquish them. "And now you have awakened a storm you cannot control."

HP: 33
Damage: 4
Distortion: 3

LividPeas

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 6 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:13 pm
The hunter laughed, brushing a little bit of dust from her sleeve. "I never said you did. I said 'we humans' respect each other. Honestly, I think you guys would respect your own horse manure more than anything else, and once more..I don't care."

Watching, Kat was slightly amused to see the blood trickling down from where she had shot him. It was about damned time that she actually pierced his armor. Unfortunately, it was only a small wound..nothing to cripple his efforts. She would have to try a lot harder if she wanted to take this guy down.

"Oh? So what? We all just lay down and die for you and your kind to live on and kill more races after us? I don't think so." Wincing again as he tore at her arms, Kat took this time to fire a couple of rounds at him at close range. "You say that now, but look at your clans now. Your not even half of what you used to be."

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
HP: 21/40
DAMAGE: 5

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 2 Total: 7 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:35 pm
The horseman let out a growl as the bullets pierced his arm and shoulder, vigorously shaking it once as he turned a dark look towards the Hunter. It was hard to maintain a relaxed attitude when the need for revenge was beginning to increase in volume over everything else in his mind; her weapons' Fear shield fed the fragment's cravings with each hit.

"Cling to your past victory if it comforts you at night," he said, less calm than before. "But know this: the damage wrought to your home from our last visit is only the beginning!" Whirling the dagger once in his palm, he feinted twice before trying again to cut open her arm, though this time it was barely a graze.

HP: 28
Damage: 1
Distortion: 4

LividPeas

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 6, 5 Total: 11 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:53 pm
Kat was very much enjoying this hunt. Sure, there was a chance that she could easily be overwhelmed at any moment, but for now, this was one of the most interesting battles she had ever had. Gripping her weapons, she waited for Xedis to finish charging before she was ready to fire another attack at the horsemen.

"Hah! I don't claim that as my victory. I wasn't even awake when it happened." The huntress grinned, pressing the pistols to his chest, looking him straight in the eyes as his blade grazed her arm. "Is that so? It was really quite amusing, that last attack. Bringing in all those students to do your fighting. Has the great four clans fallen so much that they now rely on children to fight your battles?" With that said, Kat released another round at Shik.

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
HP: 20/40
DAMAGE: 5

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 8, 2 Total: 10 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 1:39 pm
"Not awake"? Mind you, Shik had never before bothered to ponder how it was a Hunter was made, but her odd phrase caught his ears. Briefly.

And then her weapons discharged against his chest, and the horseman howled as he staggered back, the shield protecting him from fatal harm but not from the recoil. Something more than simply anger was consuming him now, something far darker. "They came because you drew them to you," he replied simply, sneering as a hand shout out and grasped her arm, nails digging like daggers. "I watched as one of your own died in the jungle. Why was that, when so many times before you scurried away like rats?" Shik leaned in closer, his teeth bared in a dark smile. "Was it because your so-called defenders could not do their jobs, I wonder?"

HP: 23
Damage: 4
Distortion: 5

-LividPeas

LividPeas rolled 2 8-sided dice: 4, 2 Total: 6 (2-16)
PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:09 pm
"Not awake." She repeated, not bothering to fill him in on the details of hunters and being stuck in pods for a certain period of time, because..it really wasn't any of his business.

Kat let out a small cry as his nails dug into her arms. "Or did you priestess have to go and ask for their aid?" The sun hunter winced from the intense pain spreading through her arms. With the hold he had on her, she couldn't even position the weapons at him this time. <********> Trying to break free of his hold, her eyes narrowed when he brought up Killzone's death. "I wouldn't know about that. I wasn't there when you and your little lackeys ganged up on him. And to make things clear: I don't run from battles. I run towards them."

User ImageSTATS
Hunter Trainee
HP: 16/40
DAMAGE: 0

Ol-j-man

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

medigel rolled 2 8-sided dice: 5, 7 Total: 12 (2-16)

medigel

Anxious Spirit

PostPosted: Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:34 pm
"The priestess does as she will," Shik said with a tone equal to a shrug, pleased with how she struggled. Did her means ruffle his feathers? Sometimes. But the high priestess was so far away, and the battle was in the here and now - and oh, did Shik enjoy his battles. His grip tightened even more as a result, savage pleasure etched on his face as he leaned in towards the Hunter once more, meeting her glare with the gleaming eyes of a predatory cat.

Her endeavors were only feeding the growing fire within.

"How droll: a Hunter who strives to know as little as possible about her own operations," the horseman purred, "and yet who charges forward with more bluster than actual battle prowess." His smile dropped into an uncannily blank expression. "You bore me, little huntress." And he mustered the strength to fling her out and away to the nearest wall, claws releasing her to land where she may.

HP: 23
Damage: 6
Distortion: 6

LividPeas

{ Gymnasium & HH } ---------PVP/ Return of the Haunted House

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items