Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[SMS-PRP] Telephone Man [ Ofelia x Before ] FINISHED

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 10:29 pm
The return had been okay, the mission/adventure had been successful, and even though Ofelia had wanted to go out and force herself on others in an effort to help celebrate. There wasn't much really to celebrate though, the after effects of everything still lingered on the Island like a bad wound, and eventually the Sun Intern Trainee settled for finding a quiet place near one of the walls she built and she pulled out her phone.

Texting had never been anything she was good at and just looking at her phone was making her feel like her brain was going to melt if she kept trying but, well.

Ofelia was lonely.

There was no way in hell she was going to admit that to a living person, and even as Rue started to say something in her head about it the teen started on reciting lines from a cookbook. The voice in her head stopped and the phone snapped open.

Sending him...a message wouldn't really look like she was trying to be too desperate, right? I mean, she'd seen him on twitter and stuff so he had service and he wouldn't mind a text from her right? They were friends who shared tips, maybe she could ask him for cooking advice. It was better than nothing, right?

Text to Before
buttercream or sour cream

Her finger sent send before she meant to and Ofelia stared at the screen, her face pale and clearly appalled.

Text to Before
frosting that is which do you think is better

Another text came shortly after.

Text to Before
this has nothing to do with cake for you

Apparently suffering from finger and texting diarrhea she just sent one more message after that and closed her phone, sitting on it. Ofelia felt like an idiot far beyond her normal level.

Huni Pi
howdy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 7:44 am
Before had to resist checking his phone every five minutes, hoping for an update from Bix. The last message he got was short, seemingly curt (no, his Bro was just pressed for time so of course it was short. Bix wasn't being curt, was he? OAO?), and did not make for a very comforting last message. Plus, he'd gotten recent... incentive from Rick to be less text-checky and more work-focusy.

At the thought of the Moon Trainee, Before shuddered and looked over his shoulder. The way Rick sometimes glared at Before, it made it seem like the Moonie wanted to walk over Before's grave. Or put the Misty in one. Vanna's attempts at calming her partner down wasn't working but he appreciated the effort all the same.

When he felt his phone vibrate, he practically leapt to his feet, teal eyes wide in terror an excuse and apology caught in his throat. But it looked like Rick was still off with Glen and Lilah on perimeter duty and so, he snuck a peek. The series of messages that flooded his inbox came from Ofelia.

A smile was on his face without him noticing it. He didn't realize just how badly he needed to hear from a friendly person until he saw her last message of Howdy. Chuckling, he quickly keyed in his response and hastily sent it.

Quote:
Text to Ofelia
OMG DINAH! YOU'RE OKAY ;A; No bad injuries? Signal here suuuucks so baaaaaad!!! But so glad to hear from you.

He sent another one.

Quote:
Text to Ofelia
Why no cake for meeee? 8CCCCC I like buttercream more for frosting. Try chocolate buttercream if you got some good unsweetened cocoa 8D

And a final one because Rick might be coming back any minute.

Rown
Text to Ofelia
I miss you guys.

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:14 am
A little bit of time had passed since Ofelia sent the texts, nothing super major to forget she'd even done it in the first place, but it was safe to say she'd been sitting with her phone under her legs and just looking around at the building. When her butt vibrated it took all measure of control not to shriek and fly away, and the teen pulled her phone out and looked at the messages.

Responses meant he was okay and that was awesome. It also meant she now had an idea of what to make for frosting, which was even more awesome in a roundabout way. When she looked down and noticed he called her Dinah she couldn't help but grin as well, ignoring the cackle that came from the back of her mind from Rue.

Quote:
Text to Before yup we re okay everyone s back safe not hurt

She wanted to tell him about the crazy that was the weird trance studio thing but stuff like that was better left to tell in person. She didn't think she had the coordination to properly type all that out in one go. Of course the next proper thing to do would be to ask him how he was. She had no idea what he was even doing since he just sort of poofed off island for a bit (and she wasn't so nosy that she went and asked around) so that was her next question.

Quote:
Text to Before are you okay how is the mission going

Since things seemed best sent in groups of three, she sent a final one.

Huni Pi
Text to Before i really miss you too

PostPosted: Sun Aug 19, 2012 11:43 pm
Before had to sneak around and find a good hiding spot before he could take out his phone. He felt it vibrate several minutes ago but didn't really want to risk giving Rick any more reason to pick on him.

This is totes not insubordination, right Vanna?

Of course, silly Before, you're merely following social protocols. Something that Moon trainee is clearly lacking, the weapon hissed venomously.

Quote:
Text to Ofelia
That's good to know! ;; I'm

Before paused in the middle of typing his response. Was he okay? Physically yeah. He was certainly doing a ******** better now that he learned the others weren't dead. But he was looking over his shoulder every now and again, feeling as if he was being watched, and whoever was watching was simply waiting for an excuse to tear him a new one. But it wasn't as if Ofelia could do anything about it.

He didn't think anyone could do anything about it. So he lied.

Rown
Text to Ofelia
That's good to know! ;; I'm doing great. Will tell you about it when I get back. Hopefully soon @w@

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 7:12 am
Rick wasn't bothering to hide his scowl as he finished typing his second message. He didn't use his phone often for social calls and the keypads showed, or rather sounded, noisily clacking as if they were brand new. He spied one of the basic trainees peering at him curiously but the glare he shot at her sent her scurrying.

Yeah, that's right. Stay the ******** outta my sight. Rick grimaced and finally pressed send.

Rown
Message from Rick
Tell Before if I see him check his phone during our perimeter watch, I am feeding him my boot.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 3:04 pm
Rue looked at Ofelia huddled over in the corner and raised an eyebrow at her cellphone, reaching for it with her long, mocha-skinned fingers. Obviously the teenager wasn't going to be moving for a while, the look of terror on her face said as much, and the Boo Hag (in a golem) sighed as she flipped open to two messages - both from the same person perhaps? They'd been sitting in the phone for a while, both unread, and since the sun trainee wasn't doing anything about it perhaps it would be up to Rue to get it done?

A thin and cruel smile spread over her lips as she tested a few buttons, unsure of just how to use a phone without giving it a few tries. Dry text messages were sent to no where as she perfected what she was doing, and the end result had her sending out two very different notes.

Quote:
Message to Rick Mmm, by all means go ahead darling. Make sure to take photos too, I'd love to see him bleeding.

Her message to Rick was calm and collected, the usual Rue who couldn't help but cackle and amuse herself more as Ofelia flinched at the noise. It was so very clear her partner was regretting getting 'easy money' but there wasn't anything to be done about it for now. Until they were called back Rue was very much here, very much able to finally get her hands into Ofelia's life the way she wanted to.

The second message, the last she would send for now since she decided it was time to pay Ofelia more attention, was quick straight to the point.

Huni Pi
Message to Before I hope this mission kills you. I'll enjoy watching her suffer your loss.

Having pressed send she dropped the phone done and moved back over to her companion, the grin on her face growing wider as her entire skull seemed to split. Ofelia could only look up and shake faintly before she got to her feet, ready to follow.  

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:55 pm
((ooc: can we play this out like it was still weapon-golem for a few more posts? OwO))

When Rick received the response, he was half-expecting Ofelia to tell him to shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Or something equally protective about his treatment of Before like a certain Sun Hunter (who Rick assumed is one of the reasons why the idiot ever managed to get promoted). Having never met the one-eyed Sun Trainee before, he was pleasantly surprised with the permission being granted and he found himself grinning.

I like this girl.

Quote:
Message from Rick
I'll make a collage just for you.

---------------------

Before, on the other hand, hadn't been expecting a response from Ofelia. The initial delight of seeing her name in his inbox was quickly snuffed by the exceptionally cruel message. This... this so didn't sound like the Dinah he knew ;n; He was just about to send a self-deprecating response when Vanna reminded him of his recent trek into the Deus Twitter feed. Plus, the message itself just didn't make any sort of sense if Ofelia had sent it.

Teal eyes narrowed in angry indignation as Before keyed in his answer.

Rown
Text to Ofelia
Don't you ******** DARE hurt Dinah!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2012 10:59 pm
Ofelia's phone kept buzzing but the teen wasn't interested in answering it, instead she kept her focus as far away as she could (or to the likes of it). Baking kept her hands busy and kept Rue away from her, seeing as the Boo Hag seemed to either enjoy the smells or the sounds and heat, so she baked and cooked as much as she could as soon as she could. Of course Rue's preference for this was only just found out, but that was beside the point. Her phone buzzed, Ofelia ignored it, abd Rue gladly opened it to the first text.

It was from...ah yes, that 'Rick' person who'd made threats. It seemed he liked to play so Rue happily tapped a message back, her face split in a hideous grin.

Quote:
Text to Rick Oh, you're just too darling. Could you make sure he's in various poses too, wouldn't want it to get boring.

The phone was set down as the Boo Hag went back to watching Ofelia, her golem form just so effective at causing the kind of terror she enjoyed. The teen was working, ever so quietly, and the phone buzzed again.

"Aren't you popular." Her words were a bite, not a question, and the teenage hunter flinched as her weapon popped the phone open again and read the words. They were very clearly directed to her and she cackled, prompting Ofelia to look over. "None of your damn business, retard. Get back to work." Sadly, Ofelia obeyed and Rue went about responding.

Quote:
Text to Before And who are you to stop me? As if. Send another message ad I'll respond back with a picture of a bruise-

Her message was too long, so she finished it up in a second text.

Quote:
Text to Before -somewhere on her body. We can play a guessing game

Huni Pi
more than glad for some golem play!

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 10:36 am
Rick only chuckled. The idea of making a collage had indeed been nothing more than wishful thinking. But who knows, maybe Before lacked enough of his spine that he wouldn't have any trouble making the guy pose.

Rown
Message from Rick
Sure. Why not? I'll see if I can find different footwear to boot.

---------------------

Outraged at the threat, Before unwittingly focused his anger at his own partner. Why is this mean weapon being so awful to Dinah?! Doesn't she know if Dinah gets too badly hurt, they risk LOTS?!?!?!

A mental image of a face wrought from metal shook her head, We don't remember everything, silly Before. And I'm sure she won't do anything of that sort. It's counter intuitive to our nature as your bonded.

But all the same, Before didn't want to risk it. Instead, he rushed to find one of the other trainees on the off-island base. Maybe they'd be nice enough to lend him their phone?

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:39 am
If only Before knew how little Rue cared, how it would have made her happy to know that he understood how much damage she could do by breaking Ofelia. Of course since she hadn't gotten a text back from him the golem assumed she won the battle (she was very disappointed) and a glance over toward Ofelia showed that the teen was still baking.

Just how much longer could she keep that up, hmm? Rue could only grin, prompting the teen to stir the batter that much harder.

The phone buzzed in Rue's hand, indicating someone wanted her attention, and she flipped the phone open to see who it was. This Rick person certainly seemed such a wonderful fellow, too bad he was a hunter and they likely would never get along, but she pressed a finger to her lips for a moment as she debated a reply.

Quote:
Text to Rick Oh stop it, you're going to make me fall in love with you.

She cackled.

Huni Pi

Rown

Friendly Hunter

Huni Pi

Questionable Garbage

16,950 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Gaian 50
  • Clambake 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:56 am
Rick just chuckled at that last one, but he figured if Before saw what he was doing, he was going to look like the biggest ******** hypocrite on this off-island base. So he decided to honor her request.

Quote:
Message from Rick
As you wish, smart girl. It really wouldn't do for you to fall in love with me.

Before had managed to convince Glen. And by convince, read: took the phone from him. There was an uncharacteristically hard edge in Before's teal eyes as he typed in that final message. He wasn't going to risk another one and as far as he was concerned, he didn't send that message with his phone.

Rown
Message from Unknown
I will find a way to break your bond with her. Then I will shatter you when you turn into a tablet.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:09 am
Rue didn't need to know who the message was coming from, the words were plenty enough for the second of the two text messages she received. How annoying, did he really think he could do anything to her? Ofelia, for all her fears of Rue, would stand and protect her. Why?

Because Rue was all Ofelia had, she was the only constant in her life. It was hilarious.

Quote:
Text to "Unknown" Try, try. She'll stop you before you can do anything.

Huni Pi

Rown

Friendly Hunter

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas