Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply The Graveyard (Trash)
The Ellis' Family Loch Home Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 9:58 pm
User Image

Welcome to our domestic laying grounds formerly known as the Ellis Home located Loch Lomond, Scotland. All the children of Gerald and Jarai Ellis have moved away but many of them have moved back to Scotland with their own families much to their surprise and happiness. So the home is generally used as a revolving door for family, especially the little ones.

Downstairs:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Upstairs:
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Backyard:
User Image

I hope you have enjoyed your tour and please feel free to infringe upon our property at another time!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:08 pm
Where are we?

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Gerald is..
At Home | At the Bar | At the Inn | At the Loch | Hogsmeade | Diagon Alley | Other

Jarai is...
At Home | At the Inn | At the Bar | In Town | Hogsmeade | Diagon Alley | Other

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 4:27 pm
Welcome to Our Zoo!

The pets currently residing with us:

¤ Two owls of different breeds including a Haitian Barn Owl, and a rather pudgy Northern Saw-Whet owl.
¤ Two hypoallergenic cats
¤ Five chickens and a rooster
¤ A rabbit
¤ Two mice

Thankfully our front and back yards consist of forests and trees with enough land for all these animals and their pets to roam free. Also, the home is within walking distance to a cliff overlooking Loch.

Since our grandchildren are getting older and more mobile, we thought it prudent to build a small playground in the backyard for when they came over to run around and play in. And also because someone refuses to remove their upstairs bar!

We hope you've had a marvelous time invading our personal space, please have a nice day!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 4:37 pm
User Image
Lockhart

The large majestic bird swooped into the window with a black ribbon on his left leg. There was a rolled up parchment with the giant letter B on the top of the paper as the same on the ribbon. The note read as.......

Your family is invited to attend the Benster family ball. This will take place at the Benster Family Home in the town of Ilkly from August 18, 2012(8:00pm est) till August 20, 2012(8:00pm est). Please send a note back with the owl to let us know if can attend.

This event is black tie and we will be dancing, eating, and conversing with many people. Anyone in the family may come and may bring dates if they would like.

After the deliveiry was made the majestic bird flew off the window seal and made his way back home.

Yukina101

xXmoonlight_madnessXx

Dapper Noob

2,650 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Signature Look 250

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 18, 2012 10:06 pm
Gerald Ellis
Gerald was sleeping off a night of drunken world tourists who didn't know the meaning of "go home" when he heard a tapping on the window beside the bed. He of course rolled over and hoped to god that the thing would learn sense and leave. And when it did he sighed peacefully until he was awoken not a minute later by a shriek.

Nastassia Ellis
Tassy had been reading through some sheet music and making annotations when a tapping against the kitchen window caught her. When she opened the window an owl flew in and dropped a letter into her hand. Once she had opened it she had promptly shrieked in surprise and happiness then looked up suddenly to see her dad half dressed in his sleep pants running down the stairs. "Who donnit? Where's the fire?!" Tassy excitedly showed him the invitation. "Look Da, a real ball! And we're invited! Can we go? Please pleasepleaseplease?" she begged making the man groan. "Can't you at least wait till I'm awake?" She shook her head no making him groan louder. He took another look at the invite and gave a sigh. "Well, if they made the effort to reach us all the way out here, we might as well go see what the hubbub is about." Tassy gave another shriek and hugged her father ferociously. They were going to a ball!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:22 pm
User Image
Jarai Ellis

Jarai had been feeling funny for months now, and not the "haha" funny her husband had been trying to instill in her for nearly 20 years now. At first she had assumed, like most women, that she had been pregnant again: sickness in the morning, couldn't keep anything down, vomit when something unpleasant assaulted her nose it was all classic signs. But she used both the spell and potion and both turned negative killing that strain of thought. And what worried her the most was that the symptoms weren't progressive, they just appeared and disappeared whenever they pleased. It was getting to the point where she was afraid to go to the Inn for fear her sickness would just appear out of thin air and she would contaminate the clean space. She finally sucked it up and did something she swore she'd never do:
She told Gerald.  

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:32 pm
Gerald Ellis

Gerald had been checking and refilling the inventory of whiskey in the kitchen (code for he was checking inventory and making sure what he drank didn't come up missing from the bar) when Jarai came in nervously biting her dark brown lips knowing that it made his poor Scottish heart flutter. "Och, Jarai! Ye know what happens when ye do that!" he gave his usual flirtatious smirk and wink but didn't get anything in return. Not even a half smile! Something was wrong...
"Jarai? Lovely? What's wrong?" he asked after seeing her stand silently there and suddenly had his arms full of his wife as she babbled in her thick Haitian accent over her health. He had noticed the sickness, he just didn't think it was anything serious, that it would blow over in a couple days. The way she was telling him made his insides freeze over. Gerald couldn't lose her, not now not ever. "We'll go into the city, to St. Mungos even, and we'll get you checked out. But you're gonna be fine lovely, just keep sayin' that." he told her softly before kissing her lovingly.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:41 pm
I’m impregnable, incredible, the setting of quo
I’m at Lay Chimirida, not a heart and soul
I got a Saturday night, and nothing is dead
And if I ever had to do it, well, you know I wouldn’t care

User Image
User Image

Pureblood

Since Nell already lived in Scotland she didn't have to take the train to and from the school, the only reason she had the first time was purely for the experience. But now, she just wanted to make it to her home and fast as possible, which meant a small portkey that had been sent to her (with the approval of the Headmistress of course) and as soon as the feast was over, her trunk packed, and her animals safe in their cages (or in Henry's case safely in her pocket) she touched the pendent saying the activation code and felt the sickly tug to her navel transporting her to the outskirts of home before dropping everything and running forward. "Mum! Da! I'm home!" her eyes were alight with excitement and her curly hair even frizzier because of the run.

User ImageUser ImageUser Image
What I'm wearing: Parting is such sweet sorrow | Who's she with: Other Hufflepuffs | Location: Great Hall-Hufflepuff Table | Thoughts:Wonder who won?

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 9:44 pm
User ImageUser Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Jarai and Gerald Ellis

Jarai felt a familiar tingle run up her spine, hers and Gerald's magic signaling that someone had entered their home. Someone keyed into the wards...she immediately left her papers where they were on her desk to grab her traveling cloak and taking an abrupt detour to the door behind the desk to knock only to run into her husband. "You felt it too I imagine?" he asked rather breathlessly. Well, he had been cleaning up after those Irish...poor thing. "Think it might be Chantale?" she asked curiously while hiding her excitement behind her eyes causing her husband to chuckle at her. "I'm sure she knows that we're here an-" anything else he was going to say was cut off by side-along apparition making his head spin. However any attempt to scold his wife was put on hold by the fact that she wasn't there any longer, rather she squeezing the life out of their youngest daughter who in turn was squeezing back just as hard. "Oi! Let the girly breathe or is she just to up and die without giving one las' hug to her poor ol' Da?" he made a fake sob before being barreled into and being squeezed in the middle. Gerald smiled down at his little princess (and NO he didn't wipe away a tear) and hugged her back just a ferociously. "Missed you nellybear he spoke her old childhood nickname almost reverently. Jarai came up behind the her daughter to join the hug while laying a soft kiss on her curled dark brown hair. "We both did.

Wearing:Traveling ~ Where: Home ~ Feeling: Anxious, Excited, Happy

Wearing: Daywhere * Where: Home * Feeling: Estatic * Thinking: Nellybear!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:06 am
User Image
~Fukuro~

╔══════════════╗

Fukuro flew into an open window of the Ellis home. He carried a letter on his leg.

Dear Lochland Ellis,
I am pleased to inform you that your application at Slug & Jiggers Apothecary has been accepted. Please come into the shop or to my home in Upper Barnton to discuss working schedules and conditions. Thank you, and I look forward to working with a mind such as yours.
~Mabyn Hawthorn
General Manager of Slug & Jiggers

The address to the home was written on the back of the letter. Fukuro stood in the window, waiting.

{OOC:}

╚══════════════╝

Flying dreams mean that you're doing the right thing with your life.

BeaterBeast525

Timid Werewolf

5,750 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Gaian 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:29 pm
User ImageUser Image

User Image Pureblood User Image Single

Nell arrived back to her home, via portkey, to find the smells of her Mum baking and her Da telling an inappropriate joke.She couldn't help but smile and giggle, it was too good to be back home. "Mum! Da! I'm back and would like some lovin'!" she called out excitedly.

Wearing: Parting | Where: Loch/Home | With: Mum and Da | Feeling: Elated | Thinking: Mmmm, smells good

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:48 pm
Banshee, Aldred Family Owl

A small, squat owl hurtled through an open window with a screech reminiscent of nails on a chalkboard. It was Banshee, the bad tempered, odd owl that was beloved by everyone in the Aldred family but Marina. Squawking loudly to announce her presence, Banshee settled on the window sill and dropped the letter onto a table.

Quote:
Dear Nell,

I'd be delighted to come! My mum and dad say I can stay for two days and one night with your family, if that's alright! I'd be coming during the first week in July. Scotland is always a vacation for me, and Loch Lomond sounds a good deal more interesting than Dunstable. Er, what is Pengoo, exactly? Wait! Don't tell me, it'll be more fun to wait in suspense to find out. Is it alright if I bring my cat, Jet? We're sort of inseparable. I promise he won't be much trouble! Neither will I, for that matter. I'm going to have to turn my quill over to my mum, she wants to write.

Dear Nell and Mr. and Mrs. Ellis,

My name is Bernadette Aldred and I'm writing for both my husband Dustin and I to respond to your letter. Marina is quite excited about coming. She's thrilled about the idea of visiting you and your daughter. We've given her permission to visit for two days and one night in the beginning of July. If it's alright with you, Marina can be picked up at nine o'clock July 1st and dropped off at four o'clock on July 2nd. She's promised to be on her best behavior and obey all of your household rules. She shouldn't be any trouble. If any comes up, and/or Marina needs to be picked up early for whatever reason just send us an owl and we'll be there as soon as possible. Thank you for inviting Marina, and hopefully she'll be seeing your family soon. Oh dear, she's got the quill again...

I'll definitely be there, Nell! I can't wait!

Your Friend,
Marina

Sincerely,
Bernadette and Dustin Aldred

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 4:46 pm
You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
you shoot me down, but I get up

User ImageUser Image

Nell had been at home a few days and had been feeding her two chickens when a horrible screeching sound invaded her ear drums. Looking up she saw a foul tempered bird fly into their always open kitchen window and deposit a letter...with her name on it! Running inside and nearly barreling into her Mum while she cooked and spilling a bit of coffee on the floor from her Da and swept up her letter. "It's the response from Marina! It says...she can come! Her parents said she could come for two days and one night in the first week of July! That's so completely wicked! We have to go clean out some space in my room so we could fit in another bed oo! or we could camp out in the backyard! This is gonna be so much fun!" the brown skinned Scot was now bouncing up and down much to the amusement of her parents.
"Did her parents write anything Chantale or are you just skimming?" her mother Jarai asked while placing a small plate of oatmeal in front of her. The teenager blushed slightly before re-reading the letter slowly then getting to the part where Mrs. Aldred wrote.
"Mrs. Aldred wrote that we could pick her up at nine o'clock July 1st and then dropped off July 2nd at four. Annnd...that if she needs to come home early we could just send an owl whenever. But hopefully it won't come to that! Nell giggled.
"Well, hopefully she'll be able to teach our little runnin' bear about not running around like a headless chicken." The young girl merely stuck her tongue out at her Da who did it in return while her Mum just rolled her eyes. Children.

Wearing: Summer | Where: Loch/Home | With: Mum and Da | Feeling: Super excited | Thinking: She's coming she's coming she's coming! | OOC:

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
you shoot me down, but I won't fall
I am titanium
I am titanium

PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2013 4:55 pm
You shout it loud, but I can't hear a word you say
I'm talking loud, not saying much
I'm criticized, but all your bullets ricochet
you shoot me down, but I get up

User ImageUser Image

Her Mum landed first, on her feet as always, with Nell following closely just barely able to stand. Even after nearly 3 years of doing this she still wasn't used to the sensation, ugh! Apparently Jarai wasn't any better as she looked a bit pale and peaky. "If you don't mind girls, I'm gonna take a lie-down. Feel free to take a tour of the land around the house and Nell knows when too far is too far, right?" she looked expectantly at the teenager who smiled cheekily and nodded. "Of course! Loch Ness is much too far and too boring.". Her mother merely rolled her eyes and made her way into the house. Nell turned to Marina with her hazel eyes sparkling and bouncing in place slightly. "Soooo, where would you like to start?"

Wearing: Summer | Where: Loch/Home | With: Mum Marina | Feeling: Super super excited | Thinking: She's here she's here she's here! | OOC:

I'm bulletproof, nothing to lose
fire away, fire away
I am titanium

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2013 1:38 pm
I'm taking it slow, feeding my flame, shuffling the cards of your game

Marina Eugenie Aldred, Proud Halfblood, Slytherin Third Year
Wearing
Mood: Excited
Thoughts: Ugh, portkeys... Well, it's better than flying.
With: Nell

Marina landed after Nell, her knees almost giving way, and she stumbled as she followed Jarai and Nell. Why was it that every form of wizarding transportation besides the Floo Network made her nauseous? She looked around at all the wildflowers growing and heard the distant chirping of birds. "Well, it's good to be back in Scotland," she remarked with a wry grin, reveling in the beauty around her. Dunstable was nothing like this. "Well, anywhere, I suppose. Let me just put my things down." she replied, putting her backpack and Jet's basket down on the porch. Jet promptly scrambled out, giving Marina a dirty look. He didn't seem to like portkeys anymore than she did. She arched any eyebrow at him. "You coming, cat?" The gray feline promptly curled up and fell asleep. The redhead teen rolled her eyes. "Of course not. Sleeping comes first, apparently." she muttered. The Slytherin turned to Nell. "Lead the way."

Prejudice is stubborn and ignorance is hard.

And just in time, in the right place, suddenly i will play my ace

The Graveyard (Trash)

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces