Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]
[JRP] - Finding your paws! (Solomon x Tarni)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:14 am
User Image

Just on the cusp of adulthood, it wouldn't be long before his mane was full and his paws so large that he would leave a lasting imprint no matter where he walked. He had lived in relative isolation for years, raised lovingly and carefully by his mother and father. Few knew of his origins and even fewer were aware of his heritage, but this was how his family had preferred to keep such things as privacy was something that his father greatly adored. None needed to know of his mother's divine nature and with this in mind, none needed to know of Solomon's abilities either.

Nevertheless as he had matured and developed into a young adult both his mother and father had been in agreement. If their children felt so inclined, now was the most ideal time for them to spread their wings and fly. To seek out their own destiny and walk their own paths. Until now they had kept them close, but now more than ever, they knew that the only way their children could grow into true adults, was to leave.

Thus, Solomon had said his farewells to his parents and siblings before wandering on his own way. He had been the first to depart and yet he had known all along where he wanted to go.

The Bahari'mtoto...

His mother had spoken highly of them, one of the first mortal prides in which she had encountered when she stepped in to mortal lands. Even now she cared for them from afar and suffice to say...Solomon desired nothing more than to make this land his home as well. It was a land of peace after all. Peace, tranquillity and pacifism - three things which he treasured greatly.

As an individual who had no inclination towards warfare, these lands were perfect.

And so, it wasn't long before Solomon's paws had touched down upon the sands of the Bahari'mtoto pride and he was finally granted the opportunity to see it with his own eyes. Suffice to say that his mother had not been exaggerating when she spoke lovingly of the vibrant colours and fresh, sea air.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:39 am
User Image

She was not a young lioness really, not any more,s he was still young in that she had not seen that many seasons, but she couldn't be called a young adult any more. She was an adult, with all the responsibilities of an adult, except for the while looking after cubs thing, which she had yet to really think about, she had fully adult responsibilities and as a healer of the Bahari, Tarni quite often had to go a little ways from the main pridelands to find the herbs that helped in the ways of the healer.

It was on one of these forets that the teal lioness spotted the young male. He was young, not unlike her male siblings, when they had been young, he didn't posses the full flowing mane of an adult, but instead owned a mess of fluff that would soon evolve in to a full mane.

Tarni was not quite as large as her siblings, though that didn't mean that she wasn't large for a girl, her heritage had given her the stocky look of someone from a large background, but she could almost be described as dainty despite her size. She was also much shyer than her other siblings, many of them would greet the yung male with a smile and a riotous laugh, a greeting that always made creatures smile, or cower. Her family were all big and boisterous, that was who they were. Tarni always felt she must have gotten her personality from her mother.

Shaking her head from her reverie she nodded a gentle greeting and smiled, he was already past the guards so though she didn't know his face, she surmised he had seen a guard and they had allowed him entrance. "You look... New.." She states, her voice quiet and gentle, and clearly adept at stating the obvious. "I mean..I have never seen you before." She smiles a bashful smile, she never was very good at striking up a conversation.

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:49 am
Syrius Lionwing

He paused, albeit momentarily, to cast his gaze towards the approaching lioness and after a brief pause he gave a nod. She certainly was adept at stating the obvious but she was making an observation and he wouldn't fault her for this. When an individual didn't know another, there was no other way to strike up a conversation without doing something along those lines... well, it was either that or make accusatory remarks. Suffice to say that the Bahari were not the confrontational type (at least not that he was aware of), so accusatory remarks would have made little sense.

"I am," he replied quietly, softly spoken as always as he'd never had grounds to raise his voice. "Well, new in body perhaps...but not in spirit," he amended, hazarding a smile as he glanced to his left again to examine the view of the coast. Even now his ears appreciated the soft whisper of the waves, it was so very relaxing in comparison to the ear splitting shrieks of various animals disputing some issue or another.

"My mother spoke highly of this place," he explained and returned his gaze to Tarni again. "When it was time to select my own path, I wanted to see this place for myself. Suffice to say that...she did not exaggerate her claims of this region's beauty."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:57 am
His mother had been here? She wondered why she hadn't stayed, it seemed strange to her that anyone would ever want to leave the bahari, after all, it was the most beautiful place in the world, she must have had a very good reason. The teal lioness mentally shrugged it off though and smiled.

"I was born here, its the only place I know." She whispers a pleased smile on her maw. "It is the most beautiful place in the world though, your mother was wise to tell you to come here." She flickers her tail and casts her glance towards the sea, se had things to do, but, she could spend a little time helping this new comer.

"My name is Tarni, would you like a short tour? I don't have too much to do today I could spare some time to show you around."

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:08 pm
Syrius Lionwing

"My mother didn't instruct me to come," he corrected the lioness with a small chuckle and shook his head. "To do so would have been to influence my destiny. She merely told me stories, both my mother and father have been to many places," he clarified and motioned towards the Bahari'mtoto lands with a nod. "This was one that my mother was particularly fond of, though my father only spoke of its in brief passing - they each have their own preferences," he finished and lapsed into silence.

...For a period, he remained this way.

"However I would greatly appreciate a tour," he spoke again at last and motioned with his paw again for her to lead the way. "I sense that the coast may not be all the beauty that these lands have to offer," he murmured gently. Fortunately he soon remembered his manners and cleared his throat, "My name is Solomon by the way, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, Tarni."

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:41 am
The teal lioness tilted her head, for a moment she felt slightly confused, had he misunderstood what she said? It sounded strange to her that his mother would think of his destiny.. She smiles quietly and nods. She didn't blame his mother for loving their lands, still she wondered why his mother had not stayed.

"Come, perhaps I can find you a den to stay the night." She smiles and turns her tail towards the tree line. A few lions liked to live near the tree line, she knew it was a good and dry place and it also had many free dens. It was a good place for those who weren't quite used to living by the sea, she knew it could get cold there, not thats he noticed she could sleep on a wave if she could float for that long.

"A lot of newcomers sleep up under the tree line, its warmer up there in the night, the sea can be cold of a night."

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:11 am
Syrius Lionwing

"I don't have much of an issue with the cold," he replied, smiling reassuringly at the lioness as she guided him towards the dens that were deemed suitable of rogues. Perhaps they were positioned in such a manner that the guards and scouts could sweep passed without disturbing them, but could still take note of the visitors inside. Fortunately for the Bahari, Solomon had been raised in such a manner that he did not question such things and instead, he accepted his duty as an outsider... he would remain in these dens until such times as he was trusted to be embraced into the pride.

Patience in all things, this was what he was instructed in... All thanks to his father, who had turned over a new leaf through the influence of his mother.

"My mother and father preferred higher regions as we were...less likely to run in to outside influences," he explained and nodded his head towards the north. Where he had come from was obscured from view but he would be able to give her the general jist at least. "If anything, warmth is a novelty to me," he chuckled at this and rolled his shoulders. "It's just as well my coat is white, no?"

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:30 am
The teal lioness gave a quiet nod. "Yes, it can get very hot in the day, you should be careful, your ears will get burned." She laughs gently, it wasn't really a joke so much as a slight warning, she had heard of white creatures getting hurt while floating in the waters.

"I'm sure you will settle in fine." She whispers as an after thought leading him up the bank slightly where the jungle greens met the beach, her coat becoming dappled with the sunlight over head.

"A lot of rogues find it more comfortable up here because of the trees, they act as a wind break." She smiles. "If you're already used to the cold though I guess that doesn't matter much to you." She turns and looks at the young pale male, a thoughtful look in her eyes. "You'll like it here for the moment, I'm sure you'll join the main dens soo enough."

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2012 6:49 am
Syrius Lionwing

"I'll be sure to make the necessary arrangements," Solomon agreed with a small nod, a smile lifting onto his lips as he observed the lioness. He knew there were obviously individuals he would need to speak with in order to secure his place in the pride, but he would take things slowly and approach them when it was appropriate. Obviously the elders and the pridal leader would be individuals he would need to introduce himself too and he could only hope that they would accept his presence.

"For now though I'll do my best not to intrude, I'll be sure not to disturb any of the day to day activities your pride might have," he continued and motioned to the dens that he knew were present in the distance. His mother had informed him of where they were after all, she had been here more than once. The cubs would reside there, if he were to be found there, he would end up in some serious trouble!

"And I'll be sure not to expose myself to the sun to the point that my ears burn," he added with a grin, "Though I think pink tipped ears might match the wings on my coat," he teased softly.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:01 am
Tarni flickers her tail and stops, she tilts her head a deep look in her dark teal eyes. She was curious about this male, he seemed to know enough about her pride that it was almost suspicious. Tarni was not a suspicious person though she had lived in this peaceful place her whole life. It was a peaceful harmonious place where bad things didn't really happen.

"I'll leave you to find your own den to sleep in, I don't want to intrude while you get settled." She whispers setting herself down in to an uncomfortable sitting position. She would much preferred to have turned and left at this point, but it was polite she knew o at least wait a moment and say good bye properly.

Syrius Lionwing

Epine de Rose

PostPosted: Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:55 am
Syrius Lionwing

He smiled gratefully and gave a nod. Now was not the time to keep her from her duties and now she had guided him to the appropriate location he wouldn't keep her for any longer. Clearing his throat, he glanced over his shoulder at the lioness and waved his paw gently - it was a dismissal, but it wasn't intended as a rude one.

"Don't let me keep you," he murmured softly as he glanced about, pricking his ears as he sought out an appropriate place to sleep for the evening. "You've done more than was needed, I'm sure I can make my own way from here," he reassured with another of his smiles and tilted his head to the side.

"Hopefully we may see each other again sometime," he added as an afterthought and pursed his lips. "Depending on the judgement of your elders of course."

[IC] Bahari'mtoto Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games