Michael Vick considering a dog for his kids
JULY 18, 2012
BY: PENNY EIMS

'The 3-year legal ban which has prevented Michael Vick from owning a dog is set to expire this month, opening the man, whose life continues to be shrouded in controversy, the opportunity to share his life with a canine once again.

Vick sat down with Piers Morgan on Tuesday night to discuss his fall from grace and his new book, an autobiography entitled, "Michael Vick: Finally Free, An Autobiography."

According to CNN, when Morgan inquired about the possibility of Vick becoming a dog owner, the answer was "I might," explaining that it would be for his kids,

"I can’t take that dream away from them,"

"That’s selfish on my behalf. You know, so, gotta find a way to make it right and, you know, I put everything in God’s hands to make it right."

But Vick emphatically stated that it would "not be a pit bull."

The very notion that any dog could be under Vick's care and control is enough to turn the stomach of those familiar with Vick's sordid dog-fighting past.

According to the NY Daily News, back in 2007, an investigative report described how Vick, and two associates, enjoyed the blood sport, and that they,

"thought it was funny to watch the pit bull dogs belonging to Bad Newz Kennels injure or kill the other dogs."

According to the investigative report, it was not just the thrill of the dogs maiming one another, Vick took part in the killing himself.

From that report, the following disturbing details were released:

Vick, Peace and Phillips executed approximately six dogs by hanging and drowning. The hanging deaths occurred "by placing a nylon cord over a 2x4 that was nailed to two trees located next to the big shed." The men drowned the others "by putting the dogs' heads in a five-gallon bucket of water."

The knowledge of the brutality which Vick was involved in makes the very notion that he could ever be near a dog again, much less own one, unbelievable.

PETA President, Ingrid E. Newkirk, has met with Vick on two occasions, once when he came to PETA's Virginia headquarters to take a day-long course on empathy.

She states:

"PETA knows from firsthand experience that Michael Vick is a selfish man and a proven liar, probably a psychopath, who, if he had one grain of remorse, would never go near another dog as long as he lives. Just as convicted ***** aren't allowed free access to children, anyone who is responsible for hanging, electrocuting, and shooting dogs and who caused them to suffer in other unimaginable ways should never again be allowed to be within 50 feet of a dog. All things considered, it is a very small price to pay, especially compared to the suffering endured by the dogs who were abused and killed at the Bad Newz Kennels."'
http://www.examiner.com/article/michael-vick-considering-a-dog-for-his-kids