Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[PRP] Heart of Hearts (Huǒlóng x Huǒxīn)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dark paws broke through the savanna grasses as she approached where her mate relaxed. They were on the move, migrating away from where the flood had nearly killed her. As strong as Huoxin had been, water was a frighteningly strong force, and she did not want to risk the chance of a flood again. So they slowly moved away from the shore, the large rivers that snaked their way along the land. It was a slow move, and Huoxin was regathering her strength, but she was gaining stronger day by day, and they finally had a goal in sight. The desert.

Returning with a dead hare in her mouth, her golden eyes caught sight of Huolong. It was nearly impossible to smile with something in her mouth (without dropping it, at least), but she felt her heart skip a beat. It was merely by chance they had met, her hero and her, but she blessed the stars above that it had happened. She couldn't imagine her life without him, and didn't even want to tempt the idea.

Gingerly, she dropped the hare at her feet as she greeted him. "I brought us a snack, Long."

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 6:27 pm
User Image

It was hard to say what exactly made Huolong risk his life to save a stranger, it was not every day that anybody would put their own lives at risk for someone they had never even seen before. He didn't know what it was but he never questioned it and he never regretted it. Huoxin was safe and happy and so was he.

He was resting on what he decided was the highest part of the area they were in so he could keep an eye on their surroundings, though truthfully it was pretty flat here. He watched his mate return with a smile on his face, knowing to catch something as small and quick as a hare meant she nearly whole again. When she dropped the hare, he got to his feet and nuzzled her before even looking down to the treat.

"Looks good," he commented, grinning.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 7:03 pm
Xin was thrilled to have her mate's affections, and she nuzzled him right back. It was so nice to feel so save in that thick mane of his. If she could, she would just bury herself in it and feel safe again forever.

"It'll keep us going," she said with a smile. "I am enjoying the slow, steady pace, but its nice to feel strong enough to catch a small meal." She wasn't sure if she would regain her strength completely, but she was feeling better and could only hope for the best. Long certain did his best to provide for her, so it was a pleasant treat for her to offer her own thanks in more than just love.

"Is everything looking good?" she asked him as she bent down to peel the fur off of the hare. Fur never went down easily, and she wanted to get rid of as much of it as possible before dividing up the meal.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 5:21 pm
"Small," he repeated, glancing down to the hare and back up with a grin, "But quick." A hare was a better catch than she seemed to give herself credit for. She wouldn't be confidently tackling antelope yet but she had her wits and her speed. Even if her strength never fully returned to her, he was positive they would manage just fine and that was more than enough to keep him smiling.

There was a quiet pause after she asked if everything was looking good as he watched her skin the hare. He straightened back up and shook off his distraction, nodding. He wasn't exactly sure which everything she meant but he didn't have any major concerns at the moment, especially now she had proven she was so recovered.

"Perfect."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:06 pm
She stuck her tongue out at him playfully after she had skinned the hare. Well, at least he was in a good mood; it helped to perk her up as well.

"Split in half? I think we can get more to eat later, if we're lucky." She knew that she shouldn't push herself, but she didn't want to be holding the two of them back, either. It depressed her, to think and remember that she was so weak.

Her golden eyes looked up to his hazel ones, feeling a little sick at that thought. She was getting better, but the trauma still lingered under her skin. "Well, if we hunt together we can get more later..."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm
He only grinned in response to her tongue, not resorting to outward childishness yet but it took a minute for the mischievous look in his eyes to disappear. It was not the time for causing unnecessary trouble.

"Sure," he agreed, not bothering to look back at the hare, "You go ahead."

It wasn't worth trying to literally split it so taking turns was the obvious solution- and since she was the one who caught it and needed the energy, it seemed only fair. He looked around them.

"I haven't seen any herds wandering by today," he said, "I did see a pretty big flock of birds but they're harder to track."

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:16 pm
Xin dug into the meal, taking a bit here and there that were the good parts, but making sure to leave some for her mate. She knew that he was always looking out for her, but it was hard to ignore the fact that he sacrificed so much for her. She figured that she could sacrifice a few choice bits for him in return, as a thank you.

Lifting her head up again, she nudged the carcass to him, her own eyes looking out around them. Just the sound of running water made her skin twitch, though at least they weren't anywhere near anything threatening right now.

"Wow. I am not sure if that is a good thing or not," Xin said quietly, almost sadly. "Herds follow the water ways, so we may be further away from them than we thought we were." Her golden eyes looked back at him, a flicker of concern, yet a bit of hope as well.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:24 pm
"You may be right," he agreed quietly, thinking through their situation and their goals. They wanted to keep away from larger sources of water, of course, but it could be dangerous to get too far. They didn't want to go back the way they came or they wouldn't have left, that really only left one option. He kept thinking as he tore at the hare.

"We may need to take a better look around before we decide if we should stay around here long," he said, "Maybe we can try to find out if the birds are staying near here or if they move on."

It would be very convenient, having a bird's eye view of the land.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:41 pm
Xin felt so happy that he was eating! Yay! It was a silly, girlish feeling, but it still helped fulfill that core need to feel like she fit, that she was indeed helping him, even if it wasn't quite the same amount as how he helped her.

"Oh!" Whoops, don't get too distracted, Xin. Once they were feeling more secure and safe could she act a bit more silly about these things. "Yes. I doubt it'd be too hard to follow the direction that they went in, right? Did you see where they were headed to?" She figured it couldn't be that hard to start there, and follow whatever the ground told them. Plants, rodents, whatever would offer hints to where there was at least some source of water.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:46 pm
After another bite, Huolong had to wait a moment to respond, though he was looking off in the direction the birds had gone well before he swallowed and spoke.

"They landed off in that direction," he said, "Though I haven't watched carefully, I haven't seen them all leaving either." Maybe there was something interesting that way. He shrugged and took one last bite of the hare, finishing it off.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 pm
Xin's nose twitched as she looked up. She just stared for a moment, like she was really deciding on how she felt about that area. Her tail twitched too, but she slowly pulled herself out of her trance.

"Yes," she finally replied. "That sounds like a good place to start. With my slow but steady pace, we shouldn't scare the birds off if they're still there." She smiled directly at him. "I bet that they're still there," she said happily. They were on the move again, and they had some sort of direction to go, instead of blinding going away from the ocean and the rivers that fed into it.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:01 pm
Huolong finished off the hare while Xin looked off towards the birds, sitting to lick his paws clean for a moment while they settled on the plan now that they were fed and had something in particular in mind.

"I bet you're right," he said with a grin, "Shall we? Or would you like to rest a bit now that we're filled back up?"

The hare was no feast but they were far from starving, he might have liked to hang out here and rest.. but it would mean risking losing the trail of the birds and that was only worth it if Huoxin was tired out from the hunt. He could manage fine either way.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:20 pm
Xin shook her head, the hair on her head swaying like an echo. "No, I think we should go. Let's just take it slow, like I said. That way we won't feel too tired, but we can use as much sunlight as we need before we find a place to rest for the night." She liked this plan. This would work well, and they would both feel like progress was made today. Perfect!  
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games