Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:39 pm
[pretty formatting later]

Abiyshag was out and about for the moment, in search of...well, more blood for the coalition. She normally hunted, but they needed more new blood and really...a hunter supported the pride. So why not hunt new blood too? The leotah yawned and stretched, shaking herself. She'd been following an unfamiliar trail all morning, and the trail was finally starting to get warmer. And fresher. Which meant...she was catching up. Now...was the one she was following a full breed or a hybrid? That was the question...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 10:19 pm
Das Tor

User Image

I'm lost. The cheetah thought to herself. She was sitting where she'd stopped. There was no point in her mind to going further when she'd no idea where she was. Slausale was positive that it would only result in her going around in circles. Even if she knew were she was, did that really stop her from going in circles? The thought of the inevitable running in circles made Slausale groan. It wasn't fair. She was surely doomed to wander always seeing the land she'd just seen. The cheetah was positive that she would be doomed to big circles never knowing that she wasn't getting anywhere, or supurbly tiny ones where she couldn't break out of her track.

Of course whatever animals ruled these lands would find her when she was weak and exhausted. Lions maybe, or worse hyenas. Slausale shuddered. All the horrible things they'd do before they ate her flashed in her mind. Oh why did she have to become lost? Ready to throw herself down and weep, she was just about to do that when something decidedly green caught her eye. Her breath caught in her throat. What was it? What was it! She didn't know to try to flee or just stay put as it definately moved closer. Slausale sat stiffly starting at the animal as it came closer.

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 12:50 pm
When she finally came into sight of the source of the scent, Abi's ears perked. Oh perfect! A full breed! They could use more slaves...more help with future new blood in the coalition. She could also see the stiffness of the other's posture. She'd need to play this carefully, than. "Good day." She smiled as she approached, keeping her claws sheathed (something she was thankful to her father for, inheriting claws that could be retracted).  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 1:17 pm
Das Tor

Slausale skeptically watched the green feline approach her. She scowled at the other greeted her. Was it a good day? Well she hadn't been attacked yet. But that was just clearly hiding the evil things that were to come. Bad things always happened to her. Maybe if she hadn't met that seerer she would have been more cheerful; her curse was that she knew.

"Good day? I think not. Why are you here? You were following me weren't you?" The cheetah had taken a moment to realize that this feline had been following exactly her path. That absolutely had to mean bad news. "I don't know you, so you couldn't be bringing a message." Slausale twitched her tail as thought.

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2012 10:48 am
magnadearel

Abi blinked, tilting her head to one side. "You seem rather paranoid. Yes, I followed your path. Because it was a scent I did not know. But I mean you no harm." She sat, smiling. "And whether I bear any message or not depends on you." Paranoia was usually caused by a harder life...perhaps that could work to Abi's advantage.  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 21, 2012 10:19 am
Das Tor

She wanted to huff when the green one said she was paranoid. It wasn't paranoia. Slausale was just antisipatory. She knew something bad was going to happen. Why should she be happy about it? The cheetah peered suspiciously at Abi. "Why would you follow a scent you didn't know?" Something she would never have done. It would only have gotten her into trouble.

"Depends on me how? This is a trick question isn't it? Of course it is. You want me to say one thing so I play into your game, then you'll trap me." Slausale was sure she was up to something. Only she didn't know what.

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:33 am
magnadearel

"Because there's a coalition nearby, and I like making sure there won't be trouble for my new home." She and her Papa and Mama hadn't been there long and well...she was a little more pragmatic than the both. "And no, it isn't a trick question. And I have no trap...simply an offer." She smiled, sitting so her tail wrapped around her and rest on her front paws. To show she had no intentions of attacking. "You seem to have gotten dealt a harsh paw in life. I offer you a chance to live without fearing death or famine or pain."  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 21, 2012 11:44 pm
Das Tor

"Coalition? Wouldn't know anything about it. Never been here before." As if a single lame cheetahess could cause trouble for a coalition if there was even one around. Slausale made a grimace, "I'm not one to cause trouble. Just trying to get by."

"My life is my life." She said, completely skirting around the question or ignoring it completely; it was hard to tell. Warily she watched. Not a trap? Everything was a trap. An offer? Offers came with strings attached. Slausale rolled it over in her mind. She could ask, and get it out into the open, or she could try to run. This healthy animal would probably have no problem out running her.

It was all to easy for her to imagine what might go wrong. Things could attack this girl and anyone around her, even the whole coalition. A poisonous plant might spring up and kill all the prey. Too much water, or not enough water. One could go out for a stroll and step on a nasty thorn. If she accepted this offer her curse could so easily spread.

"I don't know what kind of coalition you belong to girl, but clearly they've been feeding you lies." The skeptical cheetahess snorted. Not fear death? Perposterous. "Death comes for all eventually. And famine? Just wait 'til the herdbeasts leave. You'll know empty bellies then. Pain is a part of living. It can't be escaped." She looked at the other to see how she reacted to Slausale's revelation. "So. What is this offer?"

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 10:39 am
magnadearel

"I have no illusions that death claims us all in the end, and that famine is possible." She smiled. "I lived most of my life until now as a rogue. But in a pride...you can keep track of the herds, and know when it is best to stock up. When the herds move on...you can send members out to find new herds to...nudge at the lands for food. And death? You needn't fear it in a pride. You aren't constantly battling hunger and creatures out to kill you, because in a pride, you have protection. So you can live to an old age, when you welcome death as an old friend because your life is complete." Huh...seemed she was a scholar. She blamed her grandmother and Anael.

"This offer is protection, food, and comfort. If you would be willing to occasionally bear a litter, on your time." A look of...loss and pain crossed her face. "That's the trouble with being a coalition made of hybrids...most of us are infertile, cannot have our own young. The one I consider my father, he's infertile. And I myself am." She knew far too well she was... "You needn't always have a litter for others, either. If you want a litter of your own, that's perfectly fine too."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 30, 2012 4:28 pm
Das Tor

Slausale harrumphed. Of course she didn't, they were facts of life. She wondered that this one was trying to make it sound so appealing. One didn't need a pride to keep track of herds; if you were alone you just followed them, if you could. The cheetahess gave her green companion a long look.

"Clearly you are confused, or this pride has gave you an illusion. Someone has to go out and defend those rest that won't. What happens to them? I'll tell you. They die." Slausale scoffed, "not battling hunger? You haven't bothered to look at those who get food last in a pride have you?" She would imagine this female was at the higher end of life from the way she was talking. "They scrabble for the scraps you leave."

The pestimistic cheetah shook her head. She didn't believe in protection, food, and comfort. Since leaving her mother, she'd been alone. Her bad leg insured her that food was always hard to come by, and comfort was non-exhistant. A sour look crossed her face at the mention of litters. "Ah so you're not happy with just your own. Now you want mine as well. I knew there was strings attached. Always is."

"And I suppose I'm just suppose to be happy to follow you back home right? Not like I could run away from you," Slausale wailed as she waved her bad leg at Abiyshag. She wouldn't be one to help drive herds or anything that required cheetah speed. "Well I'll tell you now. My life is doomed to misery. It's a curse that's been seen by a Seer, and I'm warning you it can pass on to those around me. Do you really think it'd be wise?"

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:23 am
magnadearel

"They do not die if they have the advantage of numbers. And we ensure that those who do get food last still get enough. I am not stupid, so please stop ASSUMING I am." She snorted. She did NOT like being talked at like she was unintelligent and knew nothing of the world. Oh she knew plenty. She knew EXACTLY what kind of pride her biological father was from, that her sister had been raised in. She'd heard the tales her mother told of places far away. She'd experienced herself the scorn she and her father got for being hybrids. Her father didn't care...but she did.

"I never said there were no strings attached. Do you blame us for wanting little ones? For wanting cubs we CANNOT have, no matter how damn hard we try or pray? I do not expect you to just happily follow me back, no. I'm not an idiot like you think I am." She smirked. "Doomed to misery? Only because you let it be doomed to misery. If you don't want misery...follow me. You'll live a little longer at the least. Get some food you don't have to aggravate your leg to try catching, food that isn't carrion. I give you a chance to come willingly." Others in the coalition...might not. If she didn't come...she'd drop a hint to one of them.

She did not like her intelligence being insulted.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 1:44 am
Das Tor
I do apologize for her attitude. DX This wraps it up I think. Thanks!

Slausale knew numbers were no advantage. Individuals could still be killed. Look at the herdbeasts! Huge numbers, more than any pride; yet they became food regularly. She gave a skeptical look. Everyone got enough? That wasn't the norm. As for the stupid, well it mattered on opinion, but Slausale let it slide.

"But you said yourself you can't have them. I suppose I'll just have to accept having my babies stolen from me won't I?" As if that was fair to her. Forcing her to breed with some idiot male of who knew what specie, then not even letting her have her kids. Slausale sighed. It was probably part of her curse.

As the green female scoffed she shook her head. This was something she couldn't understand. Having not lived the life Slausale had. "Fine. I'll give you a chance to prove me wrong if you can. No not because I let it. A seer foretold it." She clamped her mouth shut. Telling her life to this female wouldn't change her mind in the bit. Slausale rose slowly to her feet and started to limp after her. They'd see soon enough.

magnadearel

Das Tor

Romantic Enabler

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2012 1:58 am
magnadearel
((Sorry it took me so long to post the wrap-up.))

Abi smiled at the other, tail twitching behind her the only sign of her still-present annoyance. "You'll understand. Maybe not right away...but one day." And she started for the Koti proper, making sure to move at a slower pace for the cheetah following her. The female would thank her in the future. She hoped.  
[IC] Koti Kaikille Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games