Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:27 pm
Players Involved:

User Image

and

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:42 pm
Barzillay had been traveling with his father all day. He yawned in boredom as he looked around the rogue lands. They had been traveling away from the K’Z lands to roam around in rogue for a bit. His bright red and gold fur shined in the sun as he strutted next to his darker father. “Dad? Are we almost there? My paws are getting tired.” He whined. His dad promised that the watering hole was nearby as his father was familiar with the lands as he himself was a rogue lion. Barzillay listened as his father sigh and told him yet again that they were getting closer. “Yeah, yeah-” He mumbled the next part with a pout. “You said that last time…”

Xanaris had met quite a few interesting characters over the past few months. From lions to wild dogs to cubs, it had been good times. Leaning forward he took a sip of water to quench his thirst. Raising his head towards the sun he thought about those close to him… or there lack of. He was still somewhat new to these parts and had yet to meet a friendly stranger. He pawed at the water trying to amuse himself and his short attention span—oh look a bird! It soared right passed his nose and took off into the sunlight.

Barzillay paused and realized his father had wandered off a mile or two in front of him. A sneaky smirk slowly spread across his face, it looked like a good as any to wander off and explore. So with that thought in mind he began to look for the best place to wander. Perfect. A watering hole would be awesome to swim in~ Or caught fish. “I don’t need my father.” Barzillay mumbled foolishly to himself as he stuck his tongue out behind his father’s back. “I’m a big boy now.” With his head held high Barzillay moved further and further away… or in this case unknown to him closer and closer to Xanaris.

After a few minutes of batting at the fish in the water below, Xanaris perked up at the sound of someone approaching. Who could that be? He thought with excitement at the prospect of some interaction. Talking... er or babbling with his thing. Babbling mostly when he was nervous which wasn't of the good- Right, focus Xanaris. "Huh," He was shocked when a young cub approached his area alone. A really... strange coloured lion. Bright red and gold. Strangely enough the markings looked familiar... like- naw couldn't be. "How's it going little dude?" He thought a friendlier greeting was better than silence.

Dude? Barzillay mouthed with eyebrows raised. Huh... He eyed the adult male not in the least intimidated at the size of the other male. "Naw, I ain't lost." He spoke in a tone that clearly indicated boredom while looking for something to do. "I want to swim." He wandered over to the waters edge a few feet from Xanaris and dipped his paw in. "Crap that's cold!" Ignoring the adult lion Barz pouted. "Aww... I wanted to swim too. It's too damn cold for me too."

Wow, this kid was a piece of work. He shook his head at the swear words coming from one so young...and so tiny. "Uh, right." This was making him feel awkward. Not only did he not know this kid, he wasn't good with kids in general. "You can still swim. River or pond water is generally cold, it will be unpleasant at first but as you know your body gets used it--atleast I think you would know? You'd be very lucky to find one that was warm. I should know as I have traveled lots and have yet to find one that didn't make you want to go 'ah' when you step into. Just a few days ago I ran into someone else who-" He knew he was babbling, but like always it was hard to find an 'off' switch. "- and uh yeah. A lessoned was learned that day." He paused as his story slash pointless lesson came to a finish. He eyed the dazed cub with an unhappy frown. He could be a little overwhelming on the babble. He laughed uncomfortably. "Sorry."

Barz blinked a bit dazed. This male sure liked to babble. “Um, yes, right—well,” He moved into the water he could deal with a little cold in order to get some space away from the babbler. “Thanks for sharing that. It was very--” He paused for effect. “—riveting. Care to join me for a bit? Or are you busy?” His tone almost mocking, but not. Barz couldn’t help his awkwardness when it came to social interactions. The adult male was somewhat interesting even if he did rambling on a bit much, but Barz had interacted with worse company. “ The name’s Barzillay, but you can call me Barz if you want. Most do.” Barz wandered closer to other male with a swagger. “And you are?”

Xan was oblivious to the light mocking and smiled at the young cub. “The name is Xanaris and I have a nickname too! It’s Xan!” He was attempting to chat and make a new friend but the other clearly wasn’t interested… and wasn’t kinda weird that he was an adult was attempting friendship with a cub? … Yes, Xan you certainly are someone special. He pawed at the ground and looked up. “Swimming it is!” The time passed with splashes and relaxing floats. Water certainly was a great thing. The thought entered his brain and his eyes looked upward at the clouds heavy lidded. “Your parents know where you are?”

He turned to look at Xan with a panicked face which he covered up with a cheeky grin. “Suppose I should be heading back to my parents now,” Barz eyed the adult lion blankly before a smirk slowly spread across his face, “Well it’s been… real… Xan. Must be going things to do you know?” He turned his body away as the question had been rhetorical and he really didn’t care what the other male had to say. “Take care of yourself!”

Xan blinked and almost snorted water up his nose when the cub splashed out of the water quicker than lightning. "Uh, yes-I think-well-" He looked around briefly and caught the tail-end of the farewell. "Right, bye?" He was left floating there bewildered for a moment. "Ahwell." What was one more day of being on ones own? He went back to floating and daydreaming.

END.  

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas