Welcome to Gaia! ::

River of Polls : A GUILD OF RANDOMNESS AND EVERYTHING!!!!!!!

Back to Guilds

A random-based guild in which you may literally spam, chat, and do whatever you want. (Just follow the TOS and have fun!!!) 

Tags: Spam, Polls, Chat, Everything, Hangout, Role-playing, Role, Play, Word, Games, Quizzes, Discussion, Friends, Roleplay 

Reply River of Polls
School starts Thursday... Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Blablabla
  Random music
View Results

Protedgy

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 5:05 pm
I have a toshiba netbook. I didn't expect so many people o have them>.>

I'll just have a big binder stuffed with paper, my netbook, some pencils and when I get there I'll borrow a book from the library.

Good for you Aoi. Don't fall for peer pressure.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 3:35 am
I went through High school TRYING to give my v-card away and it wasnt until i stopped looking i found someone i wanted to have it............
I lost it to a guildmate emotion_awesome
lol  

Drakul demon king

Shadowy Rogue

10,450 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
  • Champion 300

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:40 am
cool4
School doesn't start until September though I'm moving back to Victoria last week of august.

My toshiba laptop broke, then got fixed, then given to my brother cause he destroyed his toshiba laptop.

So now I have my Fujitsu laptop (maybe I should name him ninja)

But for class I take my acer netbook since it's much lighter.
I take my notebooks for the day
and whatever pens I have around in my bag. (I need some new pens me thinks)

My textbooks cost too much/way too heavy to carry with me to class. So unless I plan to do school work during breaks in class I don't bring the books.

But the manga should keep you occupied in class, and I guess the laptop.

Explain to me why all the engineering classrooms are designed for people to have laptops in the front of the room, and all the people that want to pay attention without seeing facebook/people looking up weapons on their computers have to sit behind the laptop people?

So far, I haven't really seen anyone on their lappy in class. The issue is that a lot of the schools test schedules and assignments and all that mess are on the web. So I am pretty much stuck bringing it everyday, because of my lack of home internet. It sucks because I know there are some days I will get here, check my email, and find out that classes were cancelled... But I have no other way of finding out until I get to school. Such a waste of gas and time... If only I had a smartphone so I could get the emails at home xd  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 9:41 am
Aoi the Crossdresser
Laptops to class? What are you in? College? High school? I didn't bring my laptop to class when I was in college.

College. I explain why in the post above^^ lol  

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

PostPosted: Fri Aug 10, 2012 10:19 am
In engineering/computer science everyone is either on a computer or a smart phone, or deeply wired to some device. It's rather problematic in some classes. I find more arts based courses it tends to be used a lot less.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 1:20 am
My bags lookin about the same...
Minus the manga, change the newports to Camel Blue 99s, and my Chargers zippo. : P  

Patmoto

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:32 am
Patmoto
My bags lookin about the same...
Minus the manga, change the newports to Camel Blue 99s, and my Chargers zippo. : P

Nice haha... I showed up the first day and my dormmate, a friend from high school, was looking through my stuff and pointed out the cigarettes. In her words, "Wow, we're not in Kansas anymore." xd  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:35 am
cool4
In engineering/computer science everyone is either on a computer or a smart phone, or deeply wired to some device. It's rather problematic in some classes. I find more arts based courses it tends to be used a lot less.

Every teacher wants to go on about how important it is to check the email, the email the email. On and on about it. One teacher went so far as to say that there was no excuse not to check it every single day. For me there definitely is... I have no internet at home, and my phone hates trying to pull up the outlook email page.

This same teacher also pointed out that there are places on campus we could go to get our emails directed to our phones... I wanted to laugh, because not everyone has a smartphone. I don't gonk This SAME teacher even intends to have us use our phones to look up certain things to view and read during class... I can see that being a problem, as my phone has some trouble handling flash and all that.  

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:37 am
Vladimire_Vlod
Here in my home country school started 3 months ago and due to a ridiculous schooling system. Our school sched in Elementary and High school is like a college schedule.

So we only get to bring 3-5 books a day.

They talked about having a lighter schedule at the school I went to in 9th and 10th grade, but they threw out that plan after everyone found out they would have to go 6 days a week. That wouldn't be too bad, but I guess we are spoiled.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 7:48 am
fourk
cool4

Every teacher wants to go on about how important it is to check the email, the email the email. On and on about it. One teacher went so far as to say that there was no excuse not to check it every single day. For me there definitely is... I have no internet at home, and my phone hates trying to pull up the outlook email page.

This same teacher also pointed out that there are places on campus we could go to get our emails directed to our phones... I wanted to laugh, because not everyone has a smartphone. I don't gonk This SAME teacher even intends to have us use our phones to look up certain things to view and read during class... I can see that being a problem, as my phone has some trouble handling flash and all that.

you don't need a smartphone to be able to get e-mail. You just need a phone that has that feature.

Though unless a smartphone is listed in the course requirements it shouldn't be taught that way. Unless you go to a school where they force you to all have tablets or something smancy like that.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

fourk

Ruthless Loiterer

10,250 Points
  • Shady Hands Squad 250
  • Timid 100
  • Sausage Fest 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 9:21 am
cool4
fourk
cool4

you don't need a smartphone to be able to get e-mail. You just need a phone that has that feature.

Though unless a smartphone is listed in the course requirements it shouldn't be taught that way. Unless you go to a school where they force you to all have tablets or something smancy like that.

Oh, I see. Well in any case, I agree that it shouldn't be taught in a way where certain phones or features on phones are required. Not everyone has internet available on their cellphone, so emphasizing the importance of internet on a phone seems out of place. I think the school is a little ahead of the times. In a few years it may be different, but people are still making the transition to better phones with more features.

I don't know. The focus on phones just seems stupid to me xp  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 3:04 pm
fourk
cool4
fourk
cool4

Oh, I see. Well in any case, I agree that it shouldn't be taught in a way where certain phones or features on phones are required. Not everyone has internet available on their cellphone, so emphasizing the importance of internet on a phone seems out of place. I think the school is a little ahead of the times. In a few years it may be different, but people are still making the transition to better phones with more features.

I don't know. The focus on phones just seems stupid to me xp

People that are starting kindergarten in the last few, to the next so often. Are required to have an Ipad as the minimum course requirement so by the time they enter university textbooks should be obsolete and internet will be a requirement, but we're in the appease to both sides generation, so the assumption typically is everyone has a home internet connection, or lives near a store with 24/7 wifi. But it's not expected that everyone has a tablet for class.

a few years down the line that will never be the case.  

cool4
Captain

Buggy Glitch

Aoi the Crossdresser

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 8:24 pm
Required to have a tablet/ipad? That's stupid. TOo expensive.

My brother said like half his students in his class don't have a computer/access to internet. O.O Seriously? I guess the school he is working at really is ghetto low-income to the core. His classroom is the only one that has air conditioning.  
River of Polls

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff