[PRP] Little Insect [Swarm/Queen Bee]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 9:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. A low hum filled the air. The sound was low at first, but grew increasingly louder as its owner approached. The owner of the noise, when it appeared, was a large insect. A wasp; her wings a blur of colour as she moved through the swamp, the sound of her passage a clear warning to all those around. Destination in sight, she landed on an old tree, leaning precariously sideways against another. The hum stopped as she traveled up the trunk towards a beehive nestled in the branches. Unperturbed by the bees that swarmed out from the hive to defend their home, the wasp tore through it viciously. With honeycomb clamped triumphantly in her jaws, she rose into the air again, heading back the way she had come.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:41 pm
User ImageQueen Bee was still having trouble opening his eyes, just a crack was all he could manage. But his ears worked fine and right now they hear a sound that is music to his ears. A sound reminiscent of his time inside his egg, dreaming away of bees serving their queen. The buzz-buzz-buzzing of insect wings, only on a louder scale. And then the sound stops, and is shortly replaced by the buzzing of many smaller insect wings. Again the loud buzzing starts up and to Queen's dismay starts to move away.

Stumbling and opening his eyes as much as he can, Queen goes after the sound. The blurred image of a giant wasp meets his cracked eyes and a grin splits his mouth. Not a bee, no, but just as good. Stumbling slightly, Queen attempts to catch up, hoping the wasp would like to play with him.

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 4:31 pm
The wasp, sensing the creature stumbling along behind her, came to a halt. Hovering in midair, she turned and settled an alien gaze upon the young foal. Perhaps it was memory of another young creature desperately following the only family it knew, but when the wasp continued on her way, her passage was slower.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Eventually they reached her destination and she hovered in the small clearing. Another wasp came to meet her. A short dance followed, where one tried to take the honeycomb and the other neatly avoided grasping mandibles.

venafydan

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 7:00 pm
The buzzing changes suddenly, no longer moving and Queen stops too, tilting his head to listen better. After a few moments the wasp continues on and Queen follows once again, happily noting the slower pace. "Fanks." He says, knowing the wasp had slowed just for him.

After what seemed like forever of walking the wasp goes back into a hover, the sound of another's wings joining the first. Queen takes several steps into the clearing then plops down on his haunches, head cocked and directed at the two wasps. Carefully the foal opens his eyes to their widest, doing his best to watch the two insects.

Ruriska
((Because Gaia is lazy about post notices with guilds, so sorry if you get a double notice.))

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:53 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.A doe appeared. She pushed in between the insects, parting the two dancing wasps with her body and breathed out a soft greeting. The wasps buzzed and hovered, touching her side, pleased to be reunited once more. “What have you found, Sister?” She asked the larger green wasp as she stepped forward to inspect the foal. How curious. Swarm had not been around one so young, not for very long anyhow, but she was fairly sure they did not normally follow large insects into the unknown.

She stood over the foal, face impassive despite her curiosity. “Are you one of us?”

venafydan

PostPosted: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:20 pm
"Dunno, followed the buzzing cuz it reminded me of my dream. Bees everywhere. They fed me and cleaned me and cared for me. Because I was the queen." Queen answers, turning to look at the doe. Or try to at least, all he gets is a blurred image of her. "Bees all over. But they aren't bees. Too big. Prettier then bees too." At least Queen assumes so, the bees in his dream were black and yellow, he hasn't gotten a good look at any since hatching. But black and yellow feel like the right colors. "I'm Queen Bee. What's your name? And their names? Do they share the honey with you? How did you tame them?" Queen trails off, due to a loss of breath. Stopping to let the doe answer didn't occur to him. After several breaths he opens his mouth to start a new barrage of questions, only to be distracted by the wasps. Their buzzing and gently bobbing bodies scatter his questions, leaving him open mouthed while he looks on.

Ruriska

sheepcakes

Cosmic Bauble

42,750 Points
  • Pieversity 200
  • Blob's To You 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2012 11:42 pm
Swarm listened; studying the little bee carefully. She had never met anyone before so eager or so young. His questions came thick and fierce, and she mulled over each one carefully, deciding which to answer. When had finally run out of words, she spoke. “We are wasps.” She nodded thoughtfully. “Queen Bee, it seems we are cousins. I am Swarm.” She had never had much interest in bees before, they were just prey for a giant wasp, but here she felt a kinship. “We do not tame family.” At an invisible request from the doe, the large green wasp flew over and carefully deposited to the honey on the ground between Queen Bee and Swarm. “You can eat it.” It felt strange to talk so much.

venafydan
Sorry for the wait!

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces