Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN

Back to Guilds

WHERE IT IS ALWAYS HALLOWEEN (and sometimes exams) 

Tags: Halloween, Demons, Monsters, Roleplay, Academy 

Reply { Guides & Resources } ----- OOC RP Guides and resources
[ GUIDE ] DISTORTION AND YOU

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:21 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distortion and You!:

Medea's mirror reflects someone else in each initiated student or Lost Clan's mirror: their Fear Fragment. The Head Priestess is always willing to initiate any who ask, as long as they show her that they are devoted to the task of revenge.

A Fragment is born from each initiate's own core, a part of their Fear, and acts as an extension of it. It is very often turned into a centerpiece in a piece of jewelry for safe-keeping, though Fragments (personalized ones) can not be shattered by ordinary means and will simply dissipate when the owner dies to reform with the owner. They are bound to the owner and move at the owner's will, similar to how for example, fox-fire would move around a kitsune student.

Fragments exist to store and convert Fear. When a student or Lost Clans initiative goes to battle OR takes part in a Lair Task, they may collect Fear (Fear Points), which their Fragment will AUTOMATICALLY store for them. This will give them extensive bonuses in battle.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Distortion is an effect that happens when too much Fear is stored in a Fear Fragment. When the fragment literally turns black, the effect of distortion will multiply. Please see below for more detailed IC effects as to the problems of over-collecting Fear. In order to combat this problem, Fear Points should always be MODERATELY collected, and used up instead of kept or stored.

exclaim DISTORTION CAN ONLY BE USED IN NON GM PRP BATTLES. THEY CANNOT BE USED IN GM BOSS PRP/ORPS. exclaim

OOC: Creating your own distortion crystal

You can download the distortion crystal template here to create your own unique to your horsemen/student's colour:

- Fragments are placed in jewelry, so necklaces, bracelets, etc etc, it if up to you what you'd like for your student. These pieces cannot be easily removed once they are placed on your character.
- Please only choose ONE colour. Colours CAN overlap, it's not like there is only one blue crystal, ever. You CANNOT use blacks, whites, or greys.
- Download the .psd here!

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:23 pm

gaia_crown [ Collecting Fear: ] Whenever an Initiated Lost Clans member engages in battle, outside of battling other creatures of Halloween, they may begin counting their Fear points. It is +1 Fear to every successful hit (non miss) an initiate performs on a non-Halloween combatant. This stacks until you hit max
- Be sure when in battle to count your tally amount.

- Initiates can also participate in Lair Tasks (see above) to collect Fear, in which case, simply follow the SPECIFIC instructions of each Lair Tasks, and the amount collected from the dice rolls.

gaia_crown [ Max Fear Amount : ]

- The max amount of Fear you can collect is 10 at a time.

gaia_crown [ Using Fear: ] Medea has granted all initiates members a Distorted Crystal Fragment. These will automatically convert the Fear for all lost clans members. Distorted Crystal Fragments are unique to the horsemen/ Halloween core carrying it.

- The Fragment will add +2 damage to your final attack depending on the number of points you have in your Fear points. If you have 5 Fear tally points, that means you can use 5 times in ANY BATTLE a +2 damage modifier. It always stacks, and is carried over until used.

- Example: I go and do a Lair Task and gain +5 Fear points as my final tally from it. I think go do a battle prp with a Hunter and get +3 Fear points from three successful hits. I am at +8 Fear points now and still in the battle prp. I can now use these points.
- That means, next turn I can use a Fear point (rp it as using the Fragment). This means I add +2 damage to my attack (even if its 0, it becomes +2) for the next turn. Now I am at +7 points. I can use it again for my next turn, adding +2 damage. Now I am at +6 Fear points left over. The battle is over, I have won. I am still at +6 Fear points left over. I go and do another Lair Task and get +2 Fearpoints, now I am at +8 Fear points.
- Points will ALWAYS stack. If you use it up, too bad, it is time to do a Lair Task!
- You cannot stack damage. That means you can't just use all 10 of your Fear points to do 20 damage in one turn, you HAVE to choose and take up 10 turns to use it all, each of them doing the +2 modifier.

exclaim DISTORTION CAN ONLY BE USED IN NON GM PRP BATTLES. THEY CANNOT BE USED IN GM BOSS PRP/ORPS. exclaim

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:24 pm

gaia_crown [ Distortion Levels: ]

- If you have collected 1 - 3 Fear points: You are in the CLEAR. You feel no side effects at all, other than that you feel a part of you, perhaps the crystal extension even, telling you it needs MORE Fear.

- If you have collected 3 - 6 Fear points: AS LONG as your Fragment remains at this point level REGARDLESS of being in battle or not (ie: you collected 6 points but never used these points in battle, thus it is carried over until you use them and you are STUCK with this effect), you will begin to suffer the beginning of distortion effects. You feel angrier at the world, ready to lash out. Everything becomes too small for you. You feel hatred, burning lightly inside of you, telling you you could be more. You begin to feel that others around you are weak (unless they all have the same Distortion levels). You feel as if it is easy for you to walk above them. And all this time, you hear a voice speak revenge.

- If you have collected 6 - 8 Fear points: Your judgement becomes extremely clouded. You cannot even use Fear attacks in battle. You occasionally see things in horrific distorted orange and green colours instead of properly. You grow hungry for something, a hollow feeling that continues to gnaw at the pit of your stomach. You want revenge, and when you engage in battle, all you feel is bloodlust, against anything you harbour ill resentment towards. You want revenge so bad, so very badly. This effect cancels out Insanity.

- If you have collected 8- 9 Fear points: You simply cannot store so much Fear in you, and you begin to feel sick, nauseous, and extremely queasy.
All your attacks are halved, and you CANNOT use Fear. A voice continues to pound in your head, YOUR OWN VOICE, telling you of revenge, that you need to do revenge now, you need to move, but you are riddled incapable by your own power. You need to use up your Fear before it corrodes you entirely.

- If you have collected 10 Fear points: At 10 Fear points, something odd happens to you: you begin to turn a strange, sickly colour, and then everything reverses. You have turned into your Mirror Image Version.

gaia_crown [ Mirror Image Version: ]

- Your Mirror Image version is literally your polar opposite personality. For those weak, it becomes your strength. For those strong, it becomes your weakness. Your Mirror Image version acts literally like another split personality, with one universal exception: a consistent drive for revenge. It may be seen as a helpless act, for those who are strong in spirit but have a weak Mirror Image. Mirror Images are always coloured odd: a strange distorted combination of oranges, teals, whites, and blacks all swirled together. They can talk, and will talk. They replace you entirely. The only way to revert back immediately is to go down to 9 or less Fear points

- Mirror Images are NOT volatile as more they are unexpected. They are ESSENTIALLY you but with a flipped personality. You remember exactly everything that happened in Mirror Image form but cannot control their actions. The max anyone can stay in Mirror Image form is for an IC hour. After that, their Fragment shatters, and takes a day to reform again at 0 points.

- Accumulating TOO MUCH DISTORTION during a Haunted house battle is bad as you CREATE A DISTORTION FIELD. If you accumulate 10 distortion points and "flip", you will also "flip" the entire area around you as well. That means ALL BATTLERS in the thread will also turn into mirror image version (for Hunter in terms of COLOUR, this affects their weapons only, in terms of personality, it affects BOTH). The battle will commence with all players in a mirror image world until it is concluded/ yielded/ etc
- This applies to PVP only in the HAUNTED HOUSE, not during ANY battles outside of it. In the situation of non HH battles, if a player flips, they only affect THEMSELVES.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:26 pm

gaia_crown [ Gaining a Fragment: ] It is assumed all horsemen already have a Fragment, which Medea ICly revealed to them when they first entered the Lair. basically, all horsemen already come with a Fragment. They usually store their Fragment in a piece of jewelry: a necklace, a bracelet, pendant, etc.

- As a STUDENT, you must be initiated by Medea. There will be future ORP opportunities to be initiated, or your student can seek a horsemen that can bring them to Medea (PRP request). If you have not been initiated, you can do so HERE by requesting her presence and of course, if your student seeks more power/ has heard she can help grant power.

All initiates will have the LOST CLANS sigil. This means they swear secrecy. Initiates are literally unable to talk about the fragments, Medea's task, or anything related to the Lair, or they will physically pass out before they try.

gaia_crown [ Destroying a Fragment: ]

- Once your fragment is revealed, it CAN NOT be destroyed! Ever. However, if students wish to walk away, they can always hide their fragment, perhaps in a clever piece of jewelry or just close to them. Even so, they still feel a pang, a longing of hunger and need for revenge and hatred. It is very easy to have their blood boil whenever they get into a deep battle, or for them to feel hungry whenever human Fear is nearby, similar to someone coming out of an addiction. This feeling will never go away.

Zoobey
Artist

Magical Incubator

{ Guides & Resources } ----- OOC RP Guides and resources

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas