Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:38 pm
User Image

Lumen Anor grabbed some moss that his father had taught him was good for staunching wounds before placing it in his bag. The fresh evening breeze wafted over him as he set his bag down to rest. It was a refreshing respite after the long heat of the sun.

He'd spent the last few days away from his family to gather it. These herbs were used in a wide variety of things, but harder to find near home. Typically, it required a few days journey to get to where they could gather them.

Leaning down Lumen drank from a small stream, and waded his feet into the cool water. It was refreshing to be amongst so much beauty and nature. He'd had a marvelous gathering experience and in a few more days he would be heading back to his family.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:59 pm
User Image

It was one of those warmer days of the summer, and Yalei was clearly unhappy with it. She had done nothing earlier in the day but relax in the shade of large trees, only moving when the sun moved the shadow further and further away from her.

Yalei used to spend a lot of her time with her sisters, but it started becoming... Slightly annoying. She would watch them with their 'pets', and, to be honest, Yalei didn't really understand why it bugged her so. Yeah, she had been made fun of before for not having a 'pet' or multiple 'pets' of her own, but she also didn't feel like she needed it.

When she looked up and the sky looked like it wouldn't be friendly with the current tree she was under, Yalei stood up and decided to take a drink in the nearby stream. It wasn't until she got there that she saw a stallion. Yalei just stood there, staring. She glanced at the things around him and noticed that at least one of them here had been busy today.

"Well... I did tell my sisters I would be off for a few days 'hunting' for males..." Truth was, the mare didn't really want to capture anyone. She felt bad for bringing them into a lifestyle that they were somewhat looked down upon. Sure, they were still important, but in no way did Yalei think that they were 'beneath' her.

She felt even worse when it was males she felt attracted to... Like this particular stallion...

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:10 pm
Lumen was at first oblivious to the fact that anyone was near him. He was too wrapped up in himself and the soothing water trickling down his throat. A slight shift or rustle in the grass caused his ear to flick and his head to turn toward her.

His breath caught as he caught sight of her. The mare's coat was the pale blue of the sky on a cloudless day. Her hair was made out of feathers like birds, the soft colours of violets and azelias. White whispy spots swirled on her skin like clouds. Her body was incased in armour both beautiful and useful. Her back feet were claws like a bird, and the armour on her front reminded him of the wings attached to his ankles.

In short, he was stunned and shocked by a mare so lovely. He'd seen some very beautiful mares, mares which had obviously been interested in him but he had never felt a compulsion of wanting to be close to someone until he laid eyes on the stranger. He felt like a flower that had first tasted sunlight, and he was mesmerized by her--absolutely captivated.

He bowed his head lightly in deference to her, "I'm Lumen Anor. Who have I the pleasure to meet?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm
While the stallions head was bowed, Yalei looked strangely at him, just for a second. She had been used to the other members of the Flock being bowed to, her sisters, but... It occurred to her that it really never happened to her. There was a certain formality and politeness from the males towards her, but never this much. Those stallions had to.. and from what she knew of this stallion, he didn't.

Yalei hadn't noticed that while the stallion spoke, her heart beat a little bit faster and under her blue coat, she was blushing, just slightly. She bowed her head at him just slightly as well. Sure, Yalei wouldn't be caught dead doing that to the stallions of the Flock, but she was sure this stallion wasn't, and well, she might as well be polite.

Once she finished her bow, Yalei brought her head up and stood tall, looking at him and smiling. "Nice to meet you Lumen Anor. My name is Yalei." She didn't know it, but she was happy and excited to meet a stallion outside of the Flock. "I know I was half-lying to my Sisters about catching a stallion... But he... He's lovely..."

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:36 pm
Yalei, what a lovely name. He watched her bow her head slightly to him, the long feathers in her mane falling forward and cascading over her shoulders in a purple gradient that reminded him of twilight. The dark blue gem on her armour slide forward and flashed bright in the sun like a rare spark of blue fire before it extinguished.

He could see the slight rosey hue of her skin, but he was unsure if she was fluttered or just flushed from heat. Surely a mare so lovely had heard much better compliments than he had given her? The thought gave him a dull ache somewhere in the vicinity of his chest. He didn't want to think of other stallions talking to her--she was the only mare he'd really ever felt like he wanted to impress.

He ducked his head almost shyly, "That's a lovely name," words sprang into his mind but he didn't release them. No name is beautiful enough for you...

He cleared his throat and scuffed his foot in the sand as he looked at the dainty mare, "Would you like some berries? What brings you out this way?"  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:11 pm
It was weird to her. Yalei watched the stallion with his graceful and somewhat elegant movements. She hadn't noticed them before, but Yalei noticed that the stallion had little foot winglets. "Oh... Maybe that's why he's so gentle and kind!"

Although there were many different times of stallions with the Flock, she hadn't noticed many that were him. Some had butterfly wings or even regular bird wings, but she didn't believe many had Angeni blood in them. But this stallion... Lumen... Was definitely part Angeni. Yalei couldn't help but smile while looking at him. He just felt so... genuine.

"Your name is beautiful as well," Yalei paused slightly. "Lumen..." When she said his name, it seemed to roll off her tongue in a strange sense. It hadn't happened before, but Yalei really enjoyed saying it. She shook her head at the berries, not wanting, maybe not feeling worthy of, something the stallion touched. "Thank you, but I'm okay."

When Lumen asked what Yalei was up to today, she looked up into the sky as some of the feathers in her face was laid back against her head. Yalei... wasn't sure she wanted to tell him, but at the same time, she didn't want to lie to him. "Well..." she tried to drag it on a little bit longer by pausing, but she sighed and gave in."

"I told my Sisters that I would be going to look around and 'capture' a stallion for myself." The sentence was rushed and the words were slightly squished together, but she was pretty sure Lumen understood."

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:35 pm
He could see her hesitation, the way it was so visible in her eyes until a determined glint shone brighter. He could feel the blush creeping across his face as she said those words. His skin tingled, a warm emotion flooding through him causing his heart to pulse harder.

"Are you sure?" He stepped closer to her, his head dipping more down to her level.

He listened as the words spilled out of her mouth like water dripping from leaves. The sound of it was lyrical and soft, taking him more than a moment to understand what she was saying. Still, he was politely confused. Captured? Was it like a game?

He felt the flush in his cheeks grow brighter, "And now that you have me what do you plan to do with me?" His voice faltered but he looked at her in earnest.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:46 am
It wasn't very often that someone's face came that close to Yalei's, especially a stallion. There were times that her Sisters would stick their face close to hers to make her feel uncomfortable and stallions... Well, she would pretty much just smack them away if they did it.

For Lumen, it was different though. The closeness of his face, feeling his breath against her own nose, made her feel very aware of the flush of her face and the beating of her heart. It felt odd, and yet at the same time, comforting. "Yeah... I'm okay. I haven't done much today, so I'm not feeling very hungry." Yalei smiled meekly at him.

Yalei looked at him, slightly pouting. She honestly didn't know how to answer. "Well... I do want to get to know you better," blushing as she responded. It wasn't every day that she would meet a stallion 'in the wild' that would treat her like this. It made her feel special. "I'm not sure if you want to... come with me and meet my Sisters."

She had to be honest to herself... Yalei loved her sisters, but she didn't really feel like it was right to have so many stallions. At least, she knew she would never. If... If Lumen came with her, and they 'clicked', he would be hers and hers alone. He wouldn't know it, but she would be his and his alone as well...

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:10 am
"If you're sure," he smiled. He motioned to the food he had laid out, "If you change your mind, I've gathered plenty."

His heart thrilled at her words, she did want to know him better. Yet--he could see the hesitation in her face. It was like there was something going on he didn't quite understand or know. "Is that all?" He couldn't help but smile, "Why should I mind meeting your sisters?"

Why would he mind after all? Why was she so shy and upset acting about it? A sudden thought crossed his mind. He looked down at his hooves, "Would they not like me? Is there something about me that they would find...displeasing?" He couldn't stop his eyes from floating back up to hers.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:37 am
Yalei shook her head, a little harder this time, causing her feathers to toss a little. "It's okay, really," she said while smiling warmly at him. "I'm rather small and don't need too much food during the day." Looking up at him, she motioned to the berries and then to him. "I think a stallion like yourself should probably eat more than I do."

She didn't really know what to tell them about her Sisters. Of course, it wasn't that she didn't want to take him with her...But Yalei was definitely unsure of if she wanted that lifestyle for Lumen. Lumen... For some reason, even though Yalei wanted him to be by her side, she felt like he sound be free also. "It's not the minding part!"

The words escaped her before she noticed that she was a bit louder than she normally was. It wasn't the meeting that would bug her, but more so... Yalei knew it was common to share stallions for children, and well, she didn't... Wouldn't share Lumen.

"No-no! It's not that..." She dragged on once again when speaking. When Yalei spoke again, it was soft, almost inaudible. "I... just don't want to share you with them.." Yalei was unsure if he'd understand, but she also didn't want to straight out say what she knew.

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 12:55 am
Lumen laughed, "I do eat a rather alot at that. My mother and father always picked on me for it. It helped me to grow taller than him," at that he blushed a little bit.

He felt his hear soar when she said that she minded. He'd heard stories of meeting and instant attraction, of falling together--his parents had done it even though they were both free spirits. He couldn't help the grin that spread across his face, but it faltered slightly at the look on her face.

He listened to her intently then brushed it away gently, "Why would you share me?" He ducked his head down to her and nudged her gently relishing in the warmth of her skin. "If you want me, I'm yours and only yours. Okay?"

It was simple as that, the words spilled from his mouth. His family would love her. They'd find somewhere to go. It was impulsive, which was unlike him--but once had decided something it was set. He was captivated by her, and he wanted to near her no matter what it meant.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 1:26 am
"Oh dear... He has a family..." It should have been obvious to Yalei since she knew he had to come from somewhere, but there might have been a faint hope inside Yalei's heart that Lumen just magically came to be. Or maybe he didn't know his family or... Well, no. It just would have been easier if he didn't have a family.

She was a little bit frustrated. It's not that she wanted to share him... It was just the norm with the Flock. Yalei had decided a long while ago that she wouldn't lie with any stallion that had been with her sisters. Of course, they didn't know that; she kept that in her heart. It felt like something her sisters would try to convince her otherwise if they knew.

Yalei's head shot up when she heard Lumen said that he'd be hers and only hers. It shocked her, really. Those of the Flock had their favorites, but a lot of stallions seemed to love or care about all the mares of the Flock equally. "What if... What if he falls for someone else... What if someone else tries to take him from me?"

The insecurities within Yalei's heart and mind would not disappear. She knew that. There were things she excelled at. Well, no, she excelled at a lot of things, but Yalei was never the best in anything. She used to want to, but nowadays it just seemed empty to her. "Are... Are you sure...?"

"What... What about your family? Would they not miss you? You probably won't see them for a very long time..." Yalei could feel herself trying to push him away. There was a desire to get to know Lumen better, but being part of the Flock could be hard sometimes.

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 2:02 am
He watched her eyes, the anxiety and indecision in them. She wanted this but at the same time something was holding her back. She uttered those words as if he'd never see his family again, which couldn't be.

Lumen understood that there was a time in your life for adventures, to test the waters and take chances. Maybe this was that time for him? Maybe Yalei was that chance?

He hadn't met her that long ago, but he was smitten with her. She captivated him and took his breath away and if he missed this chance he'd regret it all his life. It really wasn't that much of a decision left.

"I'm sure," he said leaning back down to her. "Don't try to convince me not to, I'm going with you. I want to, really." He meant it. It was a chance--his chance, and he had to take it. His father and mother had taught him that. You had to take the chance or else you'd be left with regrets.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:38 am
Lumen's words sparked a happiness in Yalei, but at the same time sadness. She smiled up at him. If someone just stared into her eyes, they would be able to tell that she was happy. Behind the happiness of her heart, however, was the thoughts in her mind. It wasn't a necessarily bad thing, but she just hoped that Lumen really would just be hers.

She walked up to him and put her cheek on his neck. Yalei stood there for a little bit, listening to his breathing. If she wanted this to work, she would have to be strong. Yalei hadn't been one to be jealous before, but with Lumen and him having to respect her sisters just like he respected her... It felt kind of hard to bare. "But... At least this close... I'm not going to let anyone else get this close to you..."

Yalei looked at him again, with newly found strength in her eyes. The adoration for the stallion was there still, but not the one that was afraid. "Well, if you insist." With those words, she smiled and blushed. "I'll take care of you... Promise."

Stepping back just a bit, she pointed in the direction of the Flock. "My Sisters and their stallions are a ways walk that way." She pointed in another direction, just a little bit away from the the Flock. "I live a little bit more that way, still close to my Sisters, but far enough for privacy."

"I... I'm not sure if you'd like to stay with the other stallions or stay with me... but..." Yalei spoke the last few words kind of softly, hoping, even without her saying, that Lumen would live with her in her small grove.

ATh e a r t
Crew

Romantic Lunatic

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 7:53 pm
He felt the heat blossoming where her cheek laid against his neck. He curled his face around to her and nuzzled her gently. The light in her eyes were hard but sure. He listened to her words, "And I'll take care of you, promise."

He hesitated a moment, before deciding that it would be best to leave behind his bag. He wished there was a way to leave a message, but they'd understand--at least he thought. Stepping up beside her, "I do insist."

He took a few steps with her, "Why would I want to stay with other stallions if I can stay with you? Unless...you don't want me to?" He asked it earnestly. He didn't mean to leave her side unless he had to. Why would she even think he wanted to leave her?  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff