Submit

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:51 pm
Now that the great migration seemed to be over Keilana found herself alone with her brother. Everyone seemed to have split off, searching for shelter or food...water was a pretty big thing as well. A hand went to her water skin it was nearly empty and she sighed. You'd think living with her brother all her life she would have more to say but for right now she just looked exhausted. Mentally and physically.

"Chaaaaa...." The girl moaned as she went to stretch her still aching legs, "That...was the longest ...walk ever..." It slowly dawned on her they would eventually have to walk back...IF they were going to get home anyway. "I don't think I could walk another step...nope.." In fact stating this Keilana went to sit on a outcrop of purple rock that seemed to be the theme in the area.

The land seemed even MORE barren than at home and that made her frown. "How does anything live here? What do all the creatures eat rock?" She muttered rolling her shoulders before she looked over at her brother. "Surely you are tired to? Don't give me that look...I could of kept walking if we had to.." Keilana muttered already back to her sweet sulky self.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:23 pm
Jacin looked over at his sister for a long moment as she said that it was the longest walk ever, that she didn't think that she could walk another step, and his lips twisted up into a bit of a grin, "Oh come on now, little Kei. I bet that you would be able to walk further if you were walking over to Enki." He said in a teasing manner, wondering if it were possible to get a rise out of his sister even though she seemed to be exhausted and on the verge of dying at the moment... not that she actually would die, he wouldn't allow that. She was his baby sister, despite her being as old as she was, and he wasn't going to let anything happen to her or anyone dangerous get near her. She was lucky that she was currently crushing on their leader since the man wasn't one he could shoot in the backside with an arrow.

When she commented on how anything lived here he looked around, then shrugged, "The Shifters and Alkidike were asking the same thing about Tale, I guess it's something you just get used to." He said, though he much preferred Tale to this place. It was enclosed here, tall rocks everywhere, it made him worry because he had no idea what was around the next corner and what if there were beasts here capable of eating rocks? He wondered how that might taste? It was a thought that made him realize it had been far to long since he'd eaten anything that once had a face.

"Eh? Tired? Me? Never! I could keep going for miles more!" He said, alright that was a lie, he was more then happy to be sitting at the moment on one of the strange, purple rocks that seemed to be everywhere in this place, "I just choose not to keep walking, that's all." He gave a bit of a grin before slouching back on the rock, giving a sighing sound as he did so.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:30 pm
Keilana shot her brother a death glare and she even went about to stand up and punch him though much of the force was lost by the time she managed to get fist to shoulder. In fact there was barely any feeling behind that punch a sure sign that the girl must of been telling the truth about how tired she actually was. Sighing she dropped her hand and then leaned her forehead up against his arm her arms dangling quite comically.

"Yeeaaaah...sure....whatever almighty brother. " Rolling her eyes she finally removed herself from his shoulder putting a tired hand on her hip as she turned to take in the landscape. "Doesn't look.....too grand. I wonder what the Wind people eat...ehe...maybe they eat rocks too." The girl sniggered as she went for her bag and pulled out a thin bit of rope.

"Maybe we should try and set some traps...fill up our water skins in the meanwhile? The prospect of food is enough to keep me going." Laughing the girl still sounded exhausted.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:05 pm
Jacin looked down at his shoulder for a moment, then laughed, "Wow, that was... impressive." He said, giving her a grin. She was far too cute he thought to himself, ever amused by his sister no matter what she did. Lifting a hand he patted Kei on the head, "I am sure you will be back to punching like your old self in no time. Just need a little break is all." He said in a reassuring manner, his lips twitching as he tried his best to sound and look serious the entire time that he was saying such things.

"Eat rocks...? Ick, that would suck." He said, making a bit of a face. He wanted food, real food, so he didn't really want to go around grazing on rocks any time soon. He would starve first... Giving a shake of his head he watched as his sister tug out some rope from her bag and looked interested when she mentioned setting up some traps and filling their water flasks, "That sounds like a good idea." He agreed, wanting to be able to be able to load up on everything that they had run out of to this point. A part of him thought on Takoda, on how he had been able to call up water during the trip for those that needed it, but decided against going to him for it. When he went to visit with the Shifter it wouldn't be because he wanted something from him but instead because he wanted to visit. Pushing to his feet and stretching out he gave a smile, "Alright, let's go and see if we can't find something edible among these rocks. I am sure our people will enjoy that."

Jacin grabbed up his bow, slinging it over his shoulder, then looked over at his sister, "Alright, time to try to figure out the best place to set up a trap in this place..."  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 12:41 pm
Grumbling Keilana just rolled her eye's at her brothers comment. On all counts she wondered how much her brother would rely on his new shiny weapon now that he was allowed to use it. How good was he with that thing anyway? She had to admit she had never watched him use it...

"How about you practice with your bow? I'll set a snare near this boulder...see even though I can't tell what the creatures eat here I can see a animal trail...a worn path ..its small though so must belong to a smaller critter." Keilana explained as she went to set up her snare, though finding no...true....tree's or shrubs here she had to improvise.

"Tell me Jac, have YOU ever thought of dating anyone?" She inquired as it had been so long that they had a chance alone...where they both weren't trying to strangle each other, she knew she was probably get a smart a** response from him and she tried to ready herself for that.

"I mean...I dunno...since mom...a..and dad...you know...I don't know if I would want to bother." Lies. The way she looked at Enki betrayed her interest in men, and then there had been that shifter in the forest...  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:41 pm
"Yeah, I think a bit of bow practice is always in order." He said, never one to back down from hard work when it was needed to reach his goals and currently his goal was, in the short term at least, to master the weapon. The more he used it though the more he realized that mastering it was going to take some doing. The bow seemed to be a rather precise weapon, one that was going to take a lot of time to and effort to figure, "I will take a shot at anything we see move and hope that it's in someway edible." He said with a bit of a smile, taking his bow in hand and reached for an arrow, wanting it notched and at the ready in case anything came passed.

Of course he nearly ended up dropping both the weapon and the arrow when his sister suddenly asked him a rather strange and out of the blue question about dating of all thing, "Ah... w-what? Dating?" He asked, starring at her for a long moment, the tips of his ears flushing a little before he looked away, "That is an odd question... is this because of our Leader?" He found himself asking, seeming as if he were deflecting the question instead of actually answering the one that had been posed to him. She was suddenly saying that she didn't know if she wanted to bother after what happened with their parents and he gave a she didn't want to bother, making him wonder if she wasn't going to at least try with Enki even if it were a lost cause since he was a bit older.

"Come on now... you haven't really ever backed down from anything, little Kei. You are supposed to the one willing to club Enki and drag him back home as your one and only." And somehow he could actually see that as being a possibility when it came to his sister. She was the sort that took what she wanted from life... so her saying she didn't want to bother, it actually worried Jacin a bit.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 pm
It was rather comical the way her brother nearly dropped his weapon at her mentioning dating. After all it was a strange topic to bring up and completely out of the blue as it were. Keilana's eyes looked at her brother a bit until he looked away from her and then remarked about Enki. Now it was her turn for her face to flush.

"It was my question! Y..ou answer first!" Keilana stated firmly in her typically angry manner. Her own cheeks were flushed in embarrassment and she was now having a hard time setting the trap properly her fingers kept messing up. Frustrated she took a deep long breath and exhaled it slowly. Her cheeks were still red when he casually mentioned how she should or would rather club Enki over the head and drag him home. A very barbaric ...way of claiming a person but effective ...

"Ah..Enki ..wouldn't go for a 'little girl' like me...." Keilana scoffed as if the words were hard to say, "But seriously...Jac you could have any girl, I've seen the way some of the tribe's women look at you..."  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:20 pm
Jacin gave a bit of a laugh when she told him tha the had to answer first but still it was cute the way that she got all embarrassed over his teasing. It really was nice to get a good reaction out of her like that, there was nothing better then teasing his little sister a bit... though now he had to answer her question, huh? Cocking his head to one side he seemed to think about it, trying to picture in his head any woman from the village that he felt was attractive and the sort that he might want to chase after... and came up a bit lacking. Blinking a couple times he found himself wondering why that was... he supposed that he really didn't spent a whole lot of time with them, did he? Instead he was far to busy chasing prey instead of girls...

Giving a half shrug of his shoulder he looked over at her, "I can't that anyone of them has caught my eye... maybe I should look outside of our village? I mean I spend my time trying impress out village, to get them food, to protect them from beasts, everything. Maybe it's just hard to think about chasing people that I want to impress or something." He said, one ear twitching. He wondered if he should travel to a different Leaf Tribe village? Or should he consider another race entirely? As he considered that that Takoda's face flashed before his eyes for a moment and he nearly tripped over his own feet, actually dropping his arrow this time. Giving a growl he reached down to sweep it up, "Don't know, I can't say I have any interest in anyone yet... and I also kinda... missed the whole them having interest in me thing." He said, giving a bit of a chuckle. Oblivious, much?  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:29 pm
Keilana took note when she heard the arrow clatter to the ground she watched him with a raised eyebrow wondering just...WHY Jac had done that. Glancing about she didn't see anything out of the ordinary and stood up. Stretching she could feel the blush finally subsiding.

"Hmmmm I dunno, I think you should actually look IN our village before trotting off to another one....don't you think you'd just fall prey to the same thing keeping you from finding a girl there?" Keilana asked putting her hands on her hips as she walked towards him.

Tapping her brother on the arm she looked to him cocking her head to the side, "I think you do have someone in mind...given how you dropped your arrow..." It was her turn to tease him. "sooo? Who is it?" She considered most of the women in the tribe...and perhaps because she was his sister she felt none of them were good enough for him.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:38 pm
"Yeah, you could be right. I will always try to be impressing everyone, won't I? It would just be a continuous loop." He said, giving a bit of a chuckle as he looked the arrow over, making sure he hadn't damaged it in anyway when he dropped it. It still seemed find though, as if it should fly straight and true. Or at least as straight and true as he could get it to go that was, he was still learning after all, "I might find one at some point but I can't say I am quite ready for all that, it's a little out of my range of understanding." It was one of the many things he felt he might have understood better were their parents around to teach him about such things. It really was a shame, they both lost so much when they lost their parents so long ago, things that he felt might only be learned from a parent.

Turning to look at his sister he gave a bit of a smile, "Nobody really, just thinking maybe I should consider looking outside our tribe too. Can't say I'd ever consider one of those haughty, giant women, but the Shifters aren't so bad." And the Wind Tribe woman that gave them a greeting of such had been interesting to look at though he couldn't say he found himself at all interested in her either. He was sure he would know when someone popped up in front of him that was interesting, right? He hoped so, not wanting for his duties and desires for strength to blind him to those that were around him other then Kei. It really was a bother, wasn't it?

One ear twitching he found himself tapping his arrow against his hand in a thoughtful manner, "I don't know, I feel like I am missing something important." He muttered, mostly to himself, then shrugged, "What about you? If you aren't gonna club your crush what do you plan on doing about him?" He asked, deciding it was Kei's turn in the hot seat.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:02 pm
Keilana rolled her eyes, as her brother fussed over his arrow, jeeze she walked past him and then gestured he follow after all a watched snare won't catch anything. "Come on...you failure at relationships.." The younger sister teased him, though she had no right to since her own history of dating was a zero as well.

"Outside the tribe? Shifters? Really? I didn't see you as the type to fall madly in love with those outside of the leaf tribe...maybe the wind tribe since the biggest difference in them is their fair hair and blue eyes," Keilana commented sounding surprised he would even consider looking out side of their own people.

Giving a grunt she shrugged her shoulders about his comment about 'missing something'. Though her face turned red at his comment again, twisting a piece of her hair out of irritation.

"Plan? I don't plan on doing anything...Enki won't want a girl like me. And I don't want to be one of those love sick girls who do anything for the guy they want.." She stated offhandedly though she knew that she had that obnoxious love struck look on her face when she saw Enki...she could appreciate his body couldn't she?  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:18 pm
Jacin crossed his arms over his chest and glanced to the side, "So what? The way their skin changes, it's kind of neat." He said, giving a half shrug of one shoulder as though it wasn't all that important to him but at the same time he couldn't help but that find that feature a little fascinating. The silver was especially pretty but the dark coloration as well, it made the sky blue jewels on their skin really stand out. As he found himself thinking on it too much he shook his head, then looked over at him, "The Wind Tribe does have interesting coloration, I don't think I've ever seen that coloration on a person before when it comes to the hair." A few sorts of beasts, but never a person. Even those that of the Leaf Tribe that spent the most time outside ever had their hair lighten that much by the sun.

"Haaaaah, I really shouldn't be thinking on this so hard. We didn't come all the way to Sauti to betroth me to the first woman we met." He told his sister, sticking his tongue out at her before giving a grin.

When Kei said she didn't plan to do anything, that Enki wouldn't want a girl like her he made a face, "Well if doesn't want you then it's his own loss." He told his sister, "You are the best sister in the world so I am sure you would make a good enough girlfriend... not that I can say I am all that eager to have you running off with some guy. I'd miss you a bit." He said, glancing away to one side. He really didn't want to think about it, that she might find a guy, move out, and move on. Sure, it was what he should be hoping for when it came to Kei, that she would find someone to make her happy, but still, he wasn't sure he wanted to let her go yet... likely his big brother status talking.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:37 pm
Keilana's tough exterior faltered a bit, they had been living together so long, fighting to survive and make it everyday they tended to get on each others nerves...a lot. Keilana had taken the role of tough girl cause she didn't want to be pitied. She didn't want to be that girl who people would flock to just because their parents left and never came back.

Slowing she tried to convince herself she was fine, that her brother's words didn't effect her she gave a feeble laugh at his comment about being betrothed and she had a snarky come back about being 'good enough' for a boyfriend but it was his last words that seem to pierce through her tough girl hide and break down that high wall of hers.

Tears.

When the news of their parents death's finally reached them she recalled crying a lot. Crying so much she convinced herself she would never be able to cry again for she had used up all she had left those dark days. But suddenly she found her cheeks wet and her body trembling. Jacinthus was the only blood left to her in the world...the sheer idea of falling in love...and leaving her brother...seemed ludicrous half turning she found herself in her brothers chest sobbing. She merely stood there crying as if the flood gates had opened and she couldn't stop.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:52 pm
"K-Kei?" He squeaked out, starring at his sister in a shocked manner when she seemed to break down and fell against him, tears fall from her eyes, "Come on now, it's not as bad as all that, is it?" He asked in a soothing tone before he wrapped an arm around her, giving her a tight squeeze, "I am right here, little Kei, it will be alright." Maybe she was tired? No, no maybes about that one, he knew she was tired. The real question was what they should do now. Probably not hunting that was for sure.

Giving her a smile he said, "How about we put hunting off for now? We should probably get some rest since we have been hiking for a while." While normally he might tease his sister when she got emotional, since normally it was a lot of yelling and trying to knock his head off of his shoulders, this was a whole different situation entirely. He wasn't sure what had gotten her into such a state, maybe talk of their parents? It was something that the two of them so rarely did since they were so young when they died. There wasn't really a lot they could remember so there wasn't wasn't a whole lot that they could discuss. Still, it didn't leave a bit of an emptiness in Jacin that couldn't be filled by anything else and he was sure it was the same for Kei.

Walking over to the rocks that they had been sitting on not long ago he sat down on the rock, pulling her to sit down with him, patting her on the back to try to sooth her. This wasn't something he was too good at but he would try his best since it was Kei.  

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 10:30 pm
Now that she had begun crying she was finding it really hard to stop. All those tears she had held back because she didn't want to look weak and here she was bawling her eyes out at her brother. Some cynical part of her wondered if her brother thought she was crying because of Enki, but given how he was acting with her she knew that he was...sincerely worried about her.

'LIttle Kei' it was a term her brother always used for her, it seemed no matter how big she got she would always be his little sister and some part of her was thankful for that. Trying to take a shakey breath to stop herself from crying and void her mind of thoughts of their parents she sat on the rock with her brother patting her back.

Keilana was thankful this had occurred while no one else was around otherwise she would of just died of embarrassment. After a long moment of silence Keilana was brave enough to try her voice out.

"...Why did they have to go?" Keilana asked the age old question, one she had asked over and over again when very little, " why did they have to leave us...I miss them." She murmured though she really didn't recal very much of them. A laugh a song a vague memory.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff