{FIN} What a man [ Eluf + Macaire ] Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 5:46 pm
Evening was slowly starting to wear on over the busy town of Palisades. The streets were still bustling with busy shoppers, and important aristocrats and high-class folk who had places to be and people to see. With his own work done for the day, Eluf had sent back the last of the horses home, and returned to do some browsing of his own. Already taking a stop at the library to return a book or two, and see if he could find something he liked, the young man toured the open streets with his buck in tow. Axe, a large, intimidating mass of a deer stood protectively at the shorter mans side. Golden eyes were hard, and alert, sharply darting about, inspecting everyone that passed them by. His presence was easily overwhelming... Much like a body guard. Once in awhile, Eluf would lift a slender arm to gently pat the black shoulder, stroking the soft coat that had been groomed to perfection from his very hand. Working with animals, especially horses, everyday had proved very helpful in caring for the guardian.

While passing a group of men gathered together, a few of them stared and watched the duo. The soft, pretty curly hair atop Eluf's head was drawn in a loose ponytail along a shoulder, blue ribbon keeping it together... and his features in general were much softer than most men.. sometimes unwanted attention was paid his way. In an instant Axe picked up on it, staring daggers into the cluster, nostrils flaring to give a firm snort, his chest puffing, head lifting even higher. Ears flagged, along with his tail, fluid gait slowing to a stop, as he moved his body to the other side of Eluf, guarding the slender image from the mens sight. A warning was given, a hoof firmly stomped, and a grunt aimed right at the gentlemen. Slightly alarmed, Eluf looked to his companion, eyes slightly wide, voice soft as he tried to coax the stag from such an aggressive disposition. Reluctantly, Axe let his eyes unlock from his targets, and nudged Eluf along ahead of him, peering back to make sure the point was clear...

Eventually, a little shop was met, which inside held many items an artist of various sorts might need. Some new pencils, charcoals, paper, paintbrushes... paints.. would be nice. A smile crept onto his sweet face, freckles collecting together on his cheeks and bridge. He had saved up a nice lump of money... the place was closed, but it seemed a good idea to visit in the next few days.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:40 pm
The images in the shop's window may waver for a moment as someone comes up beside him to have themselves a look; their reflection spreads across the glass, a good sight taller than Eluf's own wobbly image. He is twice again as large as Eluf, broad-shouldered and heavily muscled, with a rough hewn look to him, as if he is a statue which the carver did not quite finish. Underneath his scars he is almost handsome, with brown hair which glints red in the evening light, and large brown eyes nearly aglow with warmth. Yet it's not many who'll look so far as to see the emotion in his eyes, when he is scarred, and wearing stout leathers, with a grip on his belt like he's used to a sword being there, and callouses on his hands.

Nor is his clothing near as fine as Eluf's is -- there's no sense of matching, no sense of order, nothing but a vaguely patched-together functionality. But he is clean, and close enough that Eluf can probably smell him: leather, of course, and metal, just a little sweat, and cinnamon.

His immediate concern seems to be with the shop and not the young boy he towers over, nor the barrel-chested buck that seems to have passed his notice: he stares into the window himself with a frown on his face. "Bollocks -- feckin' fool. Knew oi'll be coming late, he did, and still he buggered off early. Where is it I'll be findin' new vellum now, then? Do ye know any place what'd be open late, lad? Ye look as if ye've a keen eye for this sort."  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:56 am
Fingers gently fiddling with the smooth fabric that were the sides of his pants, Eluf was set to turn and head off, when that large image appeared on his unoccupied side. The presence was felt as well, making him look over and up to see the unknown man now at his side, eyes widening a little at his intimidating stature. But he wasn't able to say much as Axe pushed his way between the stranger and his chosen, golden gaze firmly glaring at Macaire, snorting with distaste at the sudden close proximity this guy was at with the delicate man. Blinking in shock, Eluf gave a pet to the dark coat, quietly calming Axe's elevated state, and walking around his broad front, "My apologies, sir." the gentle voice spoke, soft features contorting to what would match his apologetic start. Axe stood as stiff as stone, unmoving, though he did allow Eluf to show himself once more... but he did not stop his intent stare at the large man.. just waiting for him to do something wrong.. one slip up..

Though the accent was a bit hard to decipher, Eluf was able to make sense of it, and reply effectively to the other,"I believe all the craft shops are closed, though perhaps the blacksmith is just finishing up. They often close around this time." he explained. Perhaps the gent wasn't from around here. Still, a sweet, if not slightly reserved smile was offered, "They open quite early though. Perhaps tomorrow will prove more fruitful for you? I know I certainly shall be checking in within the next few days." he assured, Axe giving a grunt of displeasure.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:51 am
"T'won't do me much good," the taller man admits with a rueful grin, "got dawn shift, right? Oi'll be off afore then." He pats Eluf's shoulder lightly, like an older brother might to reassure a younger sibling that he has done well, even if the answer was not the one he wished to hear. Though this unasked-for touch my rouse Axe's ire, the shifting movement causes something to slip from the front of his shirt which may and may not delay the Guardian's retribution. Worn on a thin piece of neatly braided leather is a small totem, and if its dark browns stand a chance of blending in with the tall man's shirt, the touches of red, green, and white do not.

Macaire himself does not plan on commenting upon it: he does not seem to notice that it is no longer tucked out of sight, beneath his clothing. But its presence may be why he was not afraid to approach Eluf and his intimidating protector.

"Mayhap you and oi could work something out, eh? 'Tis vellum, charcoal, and inks -- goodly ones, right? Ye free for a drink, lad? Oi'm flush the-night, got me first fortnight's pay." He pats his belt-pouch with a proud grin, though that simple expression cannot adequately express the mingled relief and delight he feels over the handful of coins he was given earlier today. And it may also seem strange to Eluf, to hear that this man wants (of all things!) vellum and charcoal and ink: a soldierly sort like him might have been expected to spend his money on a new weapon or a comely woman, not a scholar's tools.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 6:09 pm
The sweet smile remained constant on Eluf's face, having to reach out to restrain Axe from shoving the stranger away from the harmless pat to a slim shoulder. But that didn't keep the stag from grunting with displeasure, and staring his dagger gaze into the large man. So far... this meeting was not a pleasant one for the guardian. Elfu continued to try and keep him calm though, stroking the soft pelt, remaining in a pleasant mood while conversing with the gentlemen before him. As the totem fell from the others pocket though, his gaze diverted downwards to follow its path, bending to pluck it off the ground. Inspecting the carved wood, turning it slightly, his arm extended to return it to its owner. It looked just like the one he had for Axe...

His eyes flickered up to the grown man, slightly surprised by the request. Blinking a few times to show his shock, he let his smile grow just a touch bashful, "Oh, would you like me to purchase some fresh equipment in the morrow? I have a few of my own, but they are a bit worn." he admits with an apologetic smile. However... the offer to join for a drink.. he'd never been asked such a thing. It was slightly exciting! Not having been around others for leisurely occasions, he gave an affirming nod, "A drink sounds lovely, sir...?" that's when he realized... there hadn't been any introductions! "Oh forgive my lack of manners, good sir! I am Eluf Torrel." a polite bow was given... though Axe remained rigid, and unstirred... unhappy that his chosen was to spend more time with this... carefree gent! But Eluf was clearly excited; even if it were subtle.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:57 pm
There is really nothing very subtle about Macaire, from his battered boots to the top of his head, looming over most men. He grins and even that is a little bit wild, a little bit relieved, though perhaps that has as much to do with the fact that Axe has not skewered him as it does witnessing Eluf's pleasure.

The totem is taken back with (of all things!) a bit of a blush, as if he is vaguely embarrassed to have it, to to display the thing so freely. In a moment he has tied the thong about his neck again, and tucked it safe beneath his shirt. He does not mention it; he dares not ask.

"Eh, nae sirrah me lad -- jest Macaire. I be Macaire Draughn, and it's a roight pleasure to meet ye." For the first time the tall man acknowledges the Guardian, bowing deeply to him as if greeting a powerful noble, and he does not seem to be making fun. "And it is an honour, me laird, to meet ye as well." He makes certain that he is meeting Axe's eyes, and then with one hand held over his heart he speaks very gravely. "Oi swear on me heart's own blood oi mean yer lad nae harm."  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2012 11:02 pm
The younger man was polite enough not to pry on the totem, but restrained that small knowing smile that wanted to lift at the corners of his lips. It was wonderful to see that there were other chosen like himself.

With the precious deer figure tucked safely away, Eluf was easily able to focus entirely on his new company. Smiling just a touch more, he absorbed the name given. By first name too? My this man was quite friendly! And actually made the reserved thin man feel a little more comfortable in a way. Though he enjoyed formality type settings, he found himself able to perhaps 'loosen up' a little more when around others that were more boisterous than he, or able to take lead in a more lackadaisical state. "It is a pleasure to meet you as well." it took, again, some restraint to keep from uttering the other mans surname, as it was very much ingrained into his teachings to do so. Instead, he looked to Axe, as he was prompted now, giving an encouraging pat to the thick shoulder, "He's really quite sweet. Just isn't too fond of strangers, I'm afraid." he admits quietly.
Axe continued his relentless glare upon Mr. Draughn. He wasn't entirely convinced... His head jerked up stiffly from the bow, a hoof clomping on the ground in response, nostrils snorting a firm stream of air. The other human's words were taken into consideration, though his post at Eluf's side didn't waver. He'd see just how long this older man would keep to his word... With a low grunt, and a flicker of his nubby tail, the black stage finally let his gaze wander from such an intense stare... for the meantime.

With things starting to relax, Eluf let a hand idly pat at his own waist, feeling the small coinpurse hidden in his jackets pocket, "Have you a place in mind for us to partake in our drink? A pub, perhaps, or some other sort of establishment?" Since he'd never engaged in such an activity... he was a little oblivious to the usual 'watering grounds'.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:04 pm
It would be hard to say if Macaire is aware that he is breaking convention: not only in asking this well-bred boy to come to a common pub with him, but in providing only his first name, and utterly ignoring the social conventions which ought to have prevented him from approaching Eluf in the first place.

(But there is the Guardian: solemn and frightening though he may be, there is the Guardian. And though Macaire will not say it, he is desperate to know more about them -- and while the Guardian had been intimidating, Eluf was not.)

"Oh, right enough. I cain't say as oi'll be blaming his lairdship. There's them as wouldn't've meant well." He shakes his head to cast off thoughts of those foolish fellows, grateful that for the moment he has convinced Axe not to skewer him. He had meant his words: it would be a shame to harm little Eluf, so shy and so pretty, and by the set of Eluf's clothing if the Guardian didn't kill him for it, there are others who would.

" .. er, right," he says, after a moment's hesitation -- if he's heard the word 'establishment' out loud before, he can't say when. He's not even entirely sure what Eluf means by such a word, and hopes that perhaps a few good drinks'll make the lad start using reasonable words, ones that are much shorter. "Tis off a ways, right? Nae so bad a pub .. serves ye meat ye can recognize, and barkeep now and agin forgets to mark me tally." With a tilt of his head he'll indicate the direction they'll need to walk in, his composure recovered from Eluf's intimidating method of speech.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:59 pm
A firm snort was given Macaire's way from the strong buck. At least the guy was aware of Axe's reasons to be so protective of the delicate boy. Also pleased for the other man's understanding, Eluf gave an appreciative and very grateful smile. Axe really was a good guardian, just... much like an overbearing father, or elder sibling. Of course the boy couldn't hold it against him... it was rather charming, in a way. Having always had to stick up for himself, and work out his own issues without the support of another, it was quite refreshing having the stag at his side.

Pretty gem-like eyes drifted off to follow the direction indicated, peering down the long road, and past a few individuals still out and about. There was a pub down there, wasn't there? Once in awhile he'd hear jaunty music playing from the building, and boisterous laughter bursting forth as well. Sometimes fights breaking out too... glass smashing, wood splintering, but.. it seemed to be what a great deal of gentlemen engaged in. And he was a man after all.. it only seemed appropriate he join in the festivities as well. Though he was a bit apprehensive, Eluf certainly wouldn't let it show to his new acquaintance. With that light, sweet smile still intact, he started down the path towards their destination, "I look forward to it, Mr. Draug--" he had to catch himself, again pointing another bashful expression towards the much larger man, "Macaire. You shall be the first to see me in such an environment."
Axe kept beside Eluf, gaze flickering from Macaire, to those around them, keeping tabs on every individual that might grow close to his chosen.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 11:39 am
The taller man makes a strangled noise, which perhaps might indicate that something has been caught in his throat -- certainly it cannot be that he's trying his very hardest not to break into loud guffaws. Lords of hill and dale! Oh, it would indeed be his first time inna pub, wet-eared little lass! Pretty as a picture, talks like a noble, and innocent as a maiden: someone like Eluf shouldn't exist! Really, Axe has the right attitude about it; everyone is a potential predator when the person you're protecting is too precious to be real. Even Macaire, who considers himself a good fellow, feels a niggling urge to take Eluf aside and -- .. well -- enlighten him --

Pushing that urge aside, he pats Eluf on the shoulder again, hoping the lad will take it as reassurance. "Aye," he manages, "Oi can imagine it would be, at that. Ye donae need to worry, as oi'll look out for ye."

On their arrival the building is as cheerful as ever, and a woman's voice can be heard singing -- in between bouts of drunken giggles. The song seems to have something to do with a hedgehog's nocturnal activities; the roars of laughter that follow every line make it difficult to follow. But Macaire will stop just outside, and look askance at Axe, for he's half afraid the beastie might follow Eluf inside. "Oi'll watch for him indoors, milaird," he tells the Guardian, hoping his voice is appropriately grave; "Oi know well enough ye'll skewer meself should oi lets him come tae harm."  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:11 pm
Growing more and more comfortable around his new company, Eluf feels himself smile just a touch more, looking to Macaire with curiosity. Where did such an accent come from? His parents had one, but this one he couldn't quite pinpoint. "I thank you, Macaire." The reassurance was much appreciated, and only managed to liven his spirits a teensy bit more. Realizing he was staring, his gaze averted back to the doorway of the pub, gazing up at it's large sign, before entering in with the large man who was to be his guide for the evening.

Axe forced himself between the two men however, once he saw that the outgoing fellow was taking his chosen into a place he was unable to enter. Being almost as big as a horse had it's disadvantages... Looking back to his stag, Eluf gave a gentle expression, softly cooing to calm the now grunting, and snorting beast, stroking his silky black chest, and patting a strong shoulder. "It's alright, Axe. You can stay out here while I go in. It will be alright." he coaxed, lifting a delicate hand to stroke the soft snout. Golden eyes were locked onto Macaire, the buck translating his seriousness, and warning through that intimate gaze. The guardian's mood was swirling about in Eluf's own mind, making him have to take a soft breath to calm the anger stirring within his companion, "Be good, Axe. Be good~" he soothed just a bit more before finally turning to step fully into the bar. Axe did as he was told, and kept a very alert, and firm stance by a window outside, standing guard.

Once in the dimly lit place, Eluf naturally kept close to Macaire's side. This was definitely out of his element, and he'd rather not get detached from the one he'd confided in to going to this place. The music drew his attention of course, making his light coloured eyes flicker over to the woman, as well as the pianist, intrigued by the very different kind of genre being produced. Hands fiddling lightly with one another in front of him, where they'd been neatly folded, the youth lets his gaze drift about the smoke and musk filled room. Definitely not like anything he'd been apart of... A great deal of customers already dining and laughing, gambling, and drinking looked up from their activity's to eye the pair that'd entered, a good many staring right at Eluf with eyes that investigated the boy thoroughly. The way he was dressed was a clear enough indication to what sort of status he held. Offering a few polite smiles in return, Eluf looked up to Macaire for instruction, "Have you a specified seating arrangement in mind?"

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 11:31 am
"Eh?" Macaire is only listening to him with half an ear -- where Eluf has smiled politely at the room, Macaire has stopped to give every last one of the buggers a blank stare that he's been told makes him look like a born and bred killer. Most of the time, he finds such assumptions irritating, for he rarely thinks of killing, but he hopes that tonight he looks every bit as dangerous as people seem to think he does. Eluf, bless 'im, is jest a wee babee lamb asking tae be taken.

"Best tae sit off a ways," the taller man answers without really having heard the question, which is just as well, since he'd have had to ask Eluf what in the devil he'd meant by it. He's got his eye on a table off in one of the corners, near a group of rowdy gamblers so cheerfully caught up in their game they did not even notice the new arrivals.

Trouble is, there's a good deal of folk in betwixt them and that table, but 'tis easy enough to solve that. Before Eluf can get too worried about it, Macaire's got him around the waist, lifting him up so that he could if he so desired reach up and touch the rafters above. With Eluf's legs clasped against his chest, and the slender boy's backside leaning against his shoulder, Macaire pushes his way through the crowd, setting Eluf gently down in the chair closest to the wall. This will put Macaire between him and the rest of the room, in the most defensible position.  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:39 pm
LoveByLetters

Macaire's instruction was taken to heart, and a nod if acknowledgement given. Sit off a ways... earthy painted eyes began to scan the room for a vacant table for the two of them, continuing to smile sweetly to those he might meet eyes with. However, before he could think or even say anything else, that burly arm was around his small waist, causing his wandering eyes to widen and dart up to the large man at his side. Hoisted up, heat flushed to his soft cheeks, almost making his sprinkle of freckles disappear. This was... certainly something he wasn't used to... Father and mother surely wouldn't approve of it! but he said nothing, and allowed himself to be moved under Macaire's control. He'd never been so close to another man, outside of his family, like this... the natural cologne on the other was what he first picked up on, along with the warmth that came from any living human. Such a powerful physique... it was easy to compare the stocky fellow to one of the prized stallions on his family's estate.

There were plenty of looks given their way after the warning glares were evenly spread throughout the crowd, the lot of them getting the point... but a few did glance to the unlikely pair to smirk, smile, frown, or roll their eyes at... even a few laughed or chortled. But not much else was done. Slightly embarrassed by such a display, Eluf gently pushed back his curly ponytail, the silky coils falling over his shoulder fluidly like rolls of silk. Was manhandling common here? But, it was important to remain polite, a shy, if not flustered smile was aimed to the muscular gent, as the lithe Eluf was placed in his seat, "Thank you.." he murmured bashfully. His posture was perfect. Back straight, shoulders level, hands neatly folded in his lap. Trying to get over the little scene made, he instead focused on his... unabashed company, now... at least a bit more curious, to say in the least. "What would you proscribe, Macaire? Since I've not tasted the drink of men, I'm not sure which off the menu would best suit me." a few waitresses were walking about serving large platters of ale, and food, gaining a few inappropriate touches, or words, making innocent little Eluf all the more rosier in his cheeks. Keeping his gaze simply lowered or towards his company, his voice kept in a reserved tone, "Have you seen any acquaintances of yours here?" he asked curiously. From what he gathered, it was often that groups of men would gather to pubs to enjoy food, drink, and good company. Surely a pleasant guy such as Macaire had such a posse.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 7:55 am
musicaloner7

It's almost a pity that Eluf doesn't voice his comparison out loud: Macaire would be baffled to hear himself compared to a stallion, and perhaps turn a bit red himself. But the older man is content enough that there's none that try to approach: he's all too aware what a tempting target the boy may seem, but 'tis to be hoped that he's intimidating enough to prevent folk from trying.

When Eluf thanks him, a curl of a smile takes his face, pulling at a scar or two; he can't help but admire the wee thing, all straight an' proper, e'en though he's half scared out of his wits! "Em, tain't nae menu, not as such. Bide a moment, lad --" Leaning back in his chair, he snags one of the wenches by the apron strings at the small of her back. It isn't a hard pull but a gentle tug for her attention, and the grin she favors him with might make Eluf blush even harder. But Macaire does not respond to the invitation in her smile, other than with a small shake of his head, pointing to the platter she carries with her. "Jest two, lass."

When mugs and plates have been set before them Macaire will take a moment to answer the other question he was asked. It does take him a moment to puzzle out what 'acquaintances' must mean, and Eluf will have the dubious joy of seeing the struggle take place on his face: confusion, hard thought, and then a bright sense of triumph. "Nay, nay. Jest came intae city, right? No mates here yet."  

LoveByLetters

Precious Treasure

11,800 Points
  • Battle Hardened 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Gender Swap 100

musicaloner7

Romantic Man-Lover

PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 3:11 am
LoveByLetters

Eluf was quite curious, perhaps a touch uncomfortable in a new environment he'd not yet been exposed to, but not scared. His eyes would glance about at the very different types of characters here, smiling more when laughter would be heard, attention grabbed when there was hollering. It was such a lively place! It had its own sense of charm, really. Not one he was accustomed to, but... there was still something there.

Looking to the young woman who'd been deemed their waitress, by Macaire, he did give a mild perplexed blink from the way she eyed his company, looking to the manly-man for his reaction. But the burly gent seemed not to care... it was astonishing, really. Eluf was sure any... usual fellow would have been interested in such a suggestive gaze.. though Eluf was rather innocent to the ways of social behavior outside of the 'world' he was brought up in, he did have good intuition once in awhile... love, and attraction being something he was always curious about. But he said nothing of it for now, and gave the woman a polite smile once the food and drink was set before him and his new acquaintance, looking over the greasy chicken legs, thick bread, and beverage they were given. Peering into the mug, a hand lifted to gently take the handle, and hoist the beer up, so as to softly sniff it as one would to wine. The scent was strong though... and.. much different to what he was used to! A few of those who'd been checking the duo out earlier were now giving some amused expression at the dainty visitor and his very impeccable mannerisms. It was a good thing Macaire was here... Or else Eluf might have had to deal with some of the more bold individuals here. Some did stand up to 'casually' walk past the table, inspecting from a closer proximity, but didn't stop due to Macaire's very dominate presence. Placing the mug down, Eluf looked to Macaire again, patiently waiting for silverware to be brought, sweet smile comfortably placed on his lips. Surely one didn't eat without it!

"Ah so you are new to this town? If you do not mind me asking, where do you hail from prior from here?" his pretty eyes twinkled with interest, always loving a good travelers tale or experience. His own parents were not from here, out of the country entirely! Their own stories would sometimes give him a feeling of wanderlust.

❧ Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff