Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Damien Warren Edgeworth

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:55 am
Hi, my name is Damien Warren Edgeworth.

I'm a male.

I'm 18 years old.

My birthday is April 7.

My dream job is to be a Wandmaker. It's a fascinating area of study, and so important to the magical community.

My blood status is Pureblood.

This is my seventh year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Slytherin.

I'm interested in girls.

I'm currently with Marina Aldred.

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm very serious, like my father. I was raised to follow a very strict code of conduct, which of course I never break. I would hate to dishonor my noble family name with ill behavior. Beyond that, there's not much to say. I mostly focus on my studies and things of that nature, like my father did while he was in school. I suppose I'm mostly concerned with making him proud. Since I'm his only heir, I feel like I'm under a lot of pressure to uphold the family name. That's why I'm so serious, really; I've never felt like I had time to relax. Everything is about fulfilling my obligation to the family. Which is really starting to bother me... I feel torn between my obligation to my family, and what I want. Or, what I think I want. I mean, I'm only 14, how do I know for sure what I want, anyway?

My background story is that I'm the son of Wesley and Dahlia Edgeworth, both from very long lines of magical families. I was born later in their lives than they would have preferred, but my mother had trouble having children, so when I was born and I was a boy, they decided to not have any more. A lot of people assume that because I come from two very wealthy families, I was a spoiled child, but in truth I was spoiled very little. My mother is very proper, and my father works a lot, so I have a lot of time to myself. I only ever had one friend, a little girl who lived nearby, but it turned out that her mother was a muggle, so I obviously couldn't associate with her. Since then, my parents have kept me occupied at home. They told me that there weren't any families in the area with children who would make acceptable playmates for me, and after the fiasco with the Blythe girl, they weren't keen on letting me choose my own friends. Since then I've focused on my studies. I intend to be the top of my class at school, and to follow in my grandfather's footsteps and earn a seat on the Wizengamot.

At the end of my first year, I was viciously attacked by a teacher gone insane and was severely injured in the process. My wounds were healed with no difficulty by the school nurse, but my mind is still taking some time to recover. I spent the remainder of the year in bed, and summer as well, although at home, of course. After the first couple of weeks, I wanted to get up and around, but my mother insisted I remain in bed... she said she was worried for my well-being and didn't want me to over-exert myself... but after a while, when I started to feel as though I would go mad trapped in that room and she still wouldn't relent, even clearly seeing how bad it was for me, I began to wonder. I'm quite certain that I was forced to remain in my room all summer to avoid being an embarrassment. My parents hosted several small get togethers and didn't even tell me about them. I think they are ashamed of me... I should regret that, but I can't seem to care.

During my second year in attendance at Hogwarts, I began having these odd moments where my mind would simply stop... like I was freezing in time while the world continued to move around me. I don't recall having any thoughts during this period, I don't recall anything that happened around me or within my mind. It would be as if I just ceased. After a run in with Marina, the two of us went to Professor Harlowe, the woman who saved us after the attack, and she had the idea that perhaps using a Pensieve to view the events as they unfolded might help. My father brought his to the school after I wrote to him, and he supervised from the outside as Marina, Professor Harlowe and I delved into the memories to sort it out. Since then, I've been much better.

Marina and I spent a lot of third year together. I guess we became friends after what happened... I mean, how could we not? She's the only one who knows what I went through... I mean, I finally told Dominic, but he still doesn't really understand, will never be able to. It's not his fault, he just... he wasn't there. Still, I probably got a bit too close to Marina this year. I mean... father doesn't care if we're friends, I think he actually might like her a bit, but... well, the last week of school, she kissed me, and... and now I don't know what to do. Because I can't let her kiss me, right? She's a halfblood! But... I liked it. And I'm ashamed that I liked it, and I'm ashamed that I'm ashamed. Dominic told me I should just go with it, but keep it secret... I just don't think I could do that to her. She puts up with so much, being a halfblood in our house. I can't make her be my dirty little secret. Even if she would want to. I mean... I blew her off after she kissed me. After we kissed, I mean, I did kiss her back. But I blew her off. I'm sure she hates me now...I spent the Summer with Dom's family, and being away from it all gave me a bit to think... I realized that honestly, I don't care about what my parents want for me. I mean, they're miserable, why would I want to be like them? So, on the train ride to school, I patched things up with Marnia, and then a bit later, I gave her my family ring, so we're officially dating. Our fourth year was great, until the End of Term Feast... my mother sent her a bloody Howler, which upset Marina so much she ran out. But, we worked it out, she wasn't angry with me, thank Merlin. When I returned home, I heard my parents talking about us... my mother was furious, of course, but my father was writing it off like it was a phase, which it isn't. I told them that and said I didn't care if they disowned me and kicked me out, I wasn't going to leave Marina. I also lied a bit and told my mother that her Howler didn't even bother Marina, that she'd called my mother pathetic and desperate. That last part was true, of course. After that, I headed to my room to start packing, figuring I was going to be kicked out of the house. To my surprise, my father followed me and... he said he was proud of me. Then he said that he supposed I could do worse than Marina, which I guess means he's accepting us?

The Summer between fifth and sixth year, my father invited the Aldreds over for dinner. He's actually completely supportive of my decision. My mother, on the other hand, went totally nuts. She interrupted the dinner and insulted Marina, and her parents. Luckily, my father had given Brownie permission to 'do whatever it took' to ensure that my mother didn't ruin everything. So she blasted Mother back down the hallway and locked her in her room. Mother started having an affair after that, no idea who with, and I didn't really care. My father didn't seem to, either, although I know it probably chaffed his pride at least a bit. I took Marina on a date to this Circus event that was going on, and it started out nice enough. We went on a walk on the beach, and I told her I love her for the first time. Things were going so well at first... but then we were attacked by a masked figure on the beach. We were encircled by fire, and I panicked... then we went to the Masquerade Ball, hoping to put it behind us. Unfortunately, the ball was crashed by a group of dark wizards. A bunch of people were killed. Marina got injured, but an older girl healed her, and we both tried to help a group of our classmates contain the situation... although, there was fire everywhere, so I was sort of panicked the whole time... but I held it together, thankfully. Then this year, things were almost... normal. I may or may not have freaked her out a bit at breakfast one morning... I may or may not have asked her to meet me in an empty room to... well, I am 16, after all. I wasn't going to do anything really inappropriate... just a little inappropriate. Like I said, 16. I have hormones, you know. But, like I said, I think it freaked her out a bit, so I'm backing off... maybe wait for her to make the next move.

I'm going home to my father. My mother apparently finally went too far, and my father made her leave. I don't know what she did. Don't really care. Sh's gone, and that's good enough for me. Marina won't have to worry about my life at home being miserable this time around... which means it's my turn to worry about her. I'm afraid that whoever it was tormenting her this summer isn't done. The first night back to school, the first night of our sixth year, there was this ruddy awful painting of her hung up in the Slytherin Common Room. It was Marina, chained and... and prowling, like a caged animal. Saying things Marina said, throwing them back in her face... private things, things meant only for my ears, for her friends to hear. It was awful. We got the thing down and hid it away, but I still have no idea who did it. Then, we went to this Festival thing... it turned into a nightmare. Vampires attacked, hurting and killing people left and right. This guy handed Marina a baby, so at least I had an excuse to keep her out of the danger and get her somewhere safe. It was a nice change of pace, leading her away instead of standing by her trying to keep it cool and not get killed. The rest of the year was pretty calm, though... got a bit of news from Father... my mother died. I can't really say if that's good or bad news. Logically, I know it's good, but she's still my mother. I... I sort of miss her. But, she's gone, and all the drama is gone with her. Or, most of it, at least. There's still this thing with Marina. Whoever's doing this to her... well, I hope it gets figured out soon.

Of course, this Summer will be interesting. I just know Father is going to start trying to talk to me about marriage and my plans for my future with Marina and all that... I'm still not sure what to say to him on that. I'm not sure what she wants. Not to break up, I know, but I'm pretty sure the thought of marriage before she turns twenty will freak her out. She's not from a family like mine. Hell, I'm probably lucky she's not going on about how she can't marry the first guy she dated or something. I don't want to force her into something too early and have her end up unhappy or something. I think towards the end of our Seventh year, I'll probably approach her about maybe getting our own place or something, a small flat away from our parents. I'm sure neither of us will have trouble getting a job after graduating so it shouldn't be too hard to find a small place we can afford. That seems a lot more her style than some big elaborate wedding a week after graduation and then moving into the family house. Hopefully she'll go for it.

I enjoy reading quietly to myself, listening to the sounds of rain and storms, reading about history and mythology, talking to Dominic and Marina, and listening to Brownie, our house elf, tell stories.

I despisemy mother, honestly. She's a horrible, horrible woman, and I hate her. Other than that... Not much these days, really. If I had to list a few things... I despise... hm... people who don't know how to take things seriously, ever. Joking around is fine, but there are times to be silly and times to be serious, and some people simply don't know the difference. I also despise how unsure I am lately because of how I've changed, and the fact that sometimes I slip up and act like my old self. More than anything, I despise it when I upset Marina.

I'm afraid of being near my mother. She's become horrible, she looks at me like I'm trash. And, ever since the attack, I'm afraid of fire... I can't stand to be near anything more than a candle.

My strengths are that I am a quick thinker and can remain level-headed in the most stressful of situations.

My flaws are that I still have what I call 'Purist Moments' where a thought will pop in my head that is a bit prejudiced... It's a hard habit to break. And maybe I'm still a bit snobby at times...

I look like this.

My wand is an 11 1/2 inches, Laurel, with a Griffin Hair Core, smooth and elegant, with a faint twist in the staff of it and a scale texture on the handle.

My pet is an owl named Tobias, but I call him Tobi.

My O.W.L. scores were:
Alchemy: A
Ancient Studies: E
Astronomy: D
Charms: E
Defense Against the Dark Arts: E
Herbology: D
History of Magic: O
Mythology: O
Potions: E
Transfiguration: A
Wandlore Studies: O