[PRP] Hedge Maze - Melisande and Rivener Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Anachrophobia
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
---------------------------------------------
WHO: Melisande and Rivener
WHERE: Hedge maze
---------------------------------------------

Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 17!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 6:51 am
[[Dead End - Nice start XD]]

Rivener entered the maze first, pausing only so Melisande wouldn't be left behind. Had it been up to him, he'd race through, excited to get lost and see what this place held. There was no worry in the Sigel's mind- if they were really too lost and needed to get out, he figured they'd just fly up over the hedge entirely and zip towards the outside. He'd be able to find the center easily like that too, but it would take the fun out of the event!

"I wonder what they did to this place. The mist surely isn't natural, but it's cooling, which is good I guess. Personally, I like the heat."

As he talked, cool beer in hand, Riv turned his first corner after passing up a few side-openings, instinctively taking the lead of their group.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:44 am
[Dead End]

Pasha wasn't much for hurrying, it was true, but she didn't want to hold Rivener up. Delicately, she covered the top of her champagne flute with one hand so it wouldn't splash, and gave her wings a flick. She caught up just as he turned the corner.

"I'm grateful for the mist. I forgot my parasol." Pasha murmured, twisting to look back towards the entrance. Too late, it was already out of sight! "Will you be using the petals so we don't get-"

She nearly bumped into Rivener, and gasped as the cold lemonade splashed up against her sheltering fingers. Melisande had come to a stop just in time, right behind the other Sigel. "...lost?"  
Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 26!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:57 am
[[COUNT: Dead Ends- 1 Random Encounters - 1]]

Rivener didn't even lurch forward when Pasha bumped into him, so slight was her frame that the impact barely registered. The Scorpion made an annoyed Tsk sound and turned, ready to retrace his steps... only the way behind him seemed different somehow. Had the corner he turned been that far off? Had the next side-tunnel been that close?

"I hadn't been using the flower petals, no, but I will. Thanks for reminding me." Convinced that he was imagining things, Riv reached to his lapel and tore off a small bit of flower petal from Melisande's gift, letting it flutter to the ground. Just to be safe and ensure they wouldn't get separated, the dark Sigel remained closer to Meli, spreading one wing up again as a parasol since the lady had mentioned forgetting hers. If she found the filtered sunlight uncomfortable, Rivener would try to offer what comfort he could.  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:09 am
(Next post: Staff -Random Encounter!)

Melisande shook a bit of the lemonade off her fingers and peeked over Rivener's wing. Dead end! She floated backwards a bit before turning, floating a bit lower as she gracefully accepted the shelter of his wing. It wasn't necessary, but the Muse had no inclination to discourage Rivener when he was being a gentleman.

"Left?" She suggested. It was Wasa's strategy...the woman always chose left when faced with an option. Pasha floated serenely around the corner, fingertips trailing along the carefully trimmed hedge.

The Muse was enjoying herself. Dead ends didn't phase her, she didn't even peek around the corner first!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 11:17 am
If some of the things in the maze weren't bad enough, this might just be the tipping point for some. Dolls. That's right, dolls. Porcelain, always staring, daintily dressed, soulless dolls line this passageway. They sit on a variety of things - the ground, plush chairs, little pedestals, each other - but this hall is floor to top of the wall dolls. Don't blink.  

Anachrophobia
Captain

Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 12!

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 7:55 pm
[[COUNTS: Dead Ends - 2 / Encounters - 1]]

Rivener took Melisande's lead and turned left at the first chance he got, but what he found made him pause. One eyebrow raised, the Scorpion moved ahead a little slower, holding out an arm for the other Sigel to cling to if she needed it. ...And secretly he wished she WOULD, because he needed the comfort himself.

"What in the blazes is this all about?" he muttered, floating very carefully down the center of the long hedge hall, frowning at every single doll they passed. He couldn't wait to get out of here. Having been raised mostly on movies when he was a very young Frei, Riv had none too pleasant memories of porcelain dolls. "Let's pick somewhere else to go, shall we? Quickly."

And the first side-passage he could find, he would take.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 8:16 pm
"Quickly?" Melisande laid one hand gently on Rivener's proffered arm, and floated into the row with wide eyes. Wide, admiring eyes. Gracefully, she curtsied to one side, then angled and curtsied to the other.

"But they're so lovely! And someone went to so much trouble to gather them all..." Pasha tilted her head at a particularly ornate doll sitting right on the grass at the base of the Eastern hedge, her eyes warming over a smile. It's brown curls were so perfect, and its dress so carefully tailored, but it looked so serious! Not one of the dolls had been painted with a smile. "They're lucky to have each other. It's like...a big family."

The other Sigel was practically dragging her out of the aisle. Pasha sighed, and cast one last look back at the dolls. He was probably in the right to leave them undisturbed. It would be a shame to accidentally ruffle one's curls, or knock one askew on her little seat. They were very pretty, each and every one, she reflected as they left the rows behind.

But...had they all been looking this way, before?  

Aki Ana

Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 19!

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:33 pm
[[COUNTS: Dead Ends-2 / Encounters-2 ]]

Rivener had been half-way through a relieved sigh, finally hurrying around a corner and out of sight of those dolls, when he realized there was nowhere to go in this direction. A dead end! He swore under his breath and tensed, turning to go back through the dolls... OH GOD. They were all-!!!

"Let's get the ******** out of here!" he breathed, forgetting to mind his language for a split second as the urge to fly out of this maze ran through him. That was WAY too close to some horror films he'd seen. No matter how cute Melisande thought they were, no doll should LOOK at you!

Hurrying through, Rivener dodged down the very next hall he could find.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 10:43 pm
(Next post: Staff- Encounter!)

Melisande gasped, cheeks pink. She'd had a drink before, she'd even kissed before, but she was rarely subjected to such...language! She hurried after Rivener with one final glance at the dolls. How could he curse, in front of such serene little faces! So many little faces...

"Rivener?" Pasha laid her little hand back on his arm, silently urging him to slow. The aisle of dolls was behind them. All she had to do now was take his mind off of it. "Why...why aren't you scared of Zul?"

The Muse wasn't paying much attention to where they were going. She floated backwards, watching the Scorpion instead of the maze. It was a question she'd been meaning to ask all day. They rounded the corner, and she stole a quick glance over one shoulder. More than a few curls had worked loose with their swift passage, and the tip of one curl caught against her parted lips as she turned.  

Aki Ana

Anachrophobia
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:17 am
Throughout the maze you've been accompanied by sound. Birds chirping, the breeze brushing through the leaves, talking amongst you and your partner (if you have one), perhaps even the calls and shouts of others in the maze. But this is suddenly not a thing. You walk into this area of the maze and it is quiet. Too quiet. This area is so quiet, your ears begin to buzz. Everything is muted and you might as well be on the moon. Where is everyone and why can't you even hear yourself think?  
Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 9!
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:14 am
[[COUNTS: Dead Ends - 2 / Encounters - 2 / Challenge - 1]]

Rivener only realized he was going too fast when he felt that hand on his arm, prompting him to slow down. He glanced at her, a little sheepish, and forced himself to take a deep, calming breath. The dolls were gone now. He wasn't in a dead end, didn't have to go back through that. Relieved, the Scorpion indeed slowed his pace back to a leisurely stroll, his wing re-situating itself above Melisande's head.

The sudden question she asked actually drew the dark Sigel to a stop, stunned. He stared at her with owlish eyes and began moving again, slower still. So he'd been right- she DID feel uncomfortable about Zul. She was AFRAID of him!

"Afraid of Zul? Why would I be? He-" And the rest of the words didn't come. Rivener knew he'd SAID them... The sound just died, a muted blanket thrown over them both. The Scorpion frowned and looked around, then tried to speak again... nothing. And this buzzing in his ears! Grimacing, Riv raised his free arm to grip at an ear, and he once again hurried his step, wanting to get away from whatever was causing this... this... Ugh!  

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

Aki Ana

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 7:28 am
(Next post: Staff - Challenge!)

Pasha's expression mirrored Rivener's, unconsciously. Her eyes were wide in her pale face, and she paused beside him. She was listening intently, truly hoping for wisdom in the other Sigel's answer. Even the birds seemed to quiet as the Scorpion spoke, and trailed off.

That was it? Melisande bit her lip, and pushed closer, laying one hand higher on Rivener's arm, as she spoke something True. She could feel it pushing up from within, the Divine Song...but the next thing Melisande knew, Rivener was covering his ear and hurrying away.

What had she said?!

She opened her mouth again, thought better of it, and hurried after him through the oppressive silence. Pasha didn't know exactly what the message had been...she never did. The words weren't meant for her. But when her Song came to her, it was providence.

Despite his reaction, she hopefully the Scorpion had listened.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:31 pm
You've come across a table with three glass goblets filled with a strange liquid, one pink, one orange and the last purple. Beyond this table is what seems to be the exit out of this area. Do you take your chances with the glasses or do you try and leave the area via the way provided?  

Anachrophobia
Captain

Aphismet generated a random number between 1 and 30 ... 16!

Aphismet

Hilarious Receiver

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:06 pm
[[COUNTS: Dead Ends - 2 / Encounters - 2 / Challenge - 1 / TJunction - 1]]

Rivener ducked into a side room to find a small table with three glass goblets, and a door beyond. Frowning, Riv worked his jaw, wondering if he was only imagining the relief in his ears... The buzzing seemed to have dimmed. "...Something's really weird in this place." Ah, good, sound was truly back! "This maze is really REALLY odd. ...Maybe we shouldn't touch those drinks, who knows what's in them. There's already a door beyond, so..."

He began across the small hedged room, skirting the table with the goblets, though he would pause and let Melisande taste if she wished it. He wouldn't agree that it was a good idea, but far be it from him to stop someone from trying things.

"Did you try to say something back there? I'm sorry I trailed off in my answer, my ears just started doing this sharp, piercing buzz and I was completely deaf." He assumed it had just been him, and figured now wasn't too late to answer. "As for being afraid of Zul, I never would. He's powerful, sure, but so am I. Being powerful doesn't immediately make you a danger to everyone around. Besides, he's one of the most generous, protective, considerate people I've ever met." Riv blushed ever so slightly, frowning in self-conscious guilt. Why was he avoiding the most important fact- that he and Zul were together?  
--[ Biotic Interactions ]--

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff