Welcome to Gaia! ::

~Etsy Showoffs~

Back to Guilds

A meeting place for Etsy sellers, and buyers to make connections. 

Tags: Etsy, crafts, online sellers, creative, shop 

Reply ~Etsy Showoffs~
Introductions Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

KnifexBloodxNightmare

Adventuring Bear

13,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:43 pm
Hello! My name is Bear. I'm 21 and I recently finished going to school to be a automotive technician. But thats not what I want to do. My dream is to open my own gift shop and I'm hoping selling through Etsy will help me get there. I also sell at local events such as swap meets and art fairs.
I also manage a local band named Moogen. I hope to go on tour with them someday. 3nodding

Your hobbies? Guitar Hero, Crafting, Halo Reach, Photography
Interests? Pokemon, Kandi
How you found Etsy? No idea. haha
How Long you've been on Gaia? umm 2006?  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2012 9:55 pm
thief rikku5
Adoring_Lilly
thief rikku5
Adoring_Lilly
thief rikku5
- - Your hobbies
✄ - - - Intrests
✄ - - - How you found Etsy
✄ - - - How Long you've been on Gaia

Hi, my name is Charlotte, but my friends call me Rikku. My shop on Etsy is called UnciaCrafts.

I have a lot of hobbies, but I recently found out that I am pretty good with paper crafting. So, I've been making geeky greeting cards during my down time.

I have TONS of interests. I'm 100% geeky, love videogames, tabletop games, etc. and I'm definitely immature for my age xp

I found Etsy through a friend who was starting her duck-tape business a couple years ago. She told me about it and explained details. I started an account and was going to sell masks, but I had to go on a hiatus. The new papercrafting takes up a lot less room.

I think I've been on since 2007? I can't remember...

wow thats a long time 0.0
Welcome to the guild 4laugh
I am really into geeky things too XD

Thanks! I'm thinking of doing Star Wars next, or at the very least Darth Vader for Halloween, but I was hoping to have at least one card sold before I did that. That's why I've been trying to promote my business like mad (O_O) Do you have any other promotion suggestions? I know that Etsy has that ad thing, but is it worth the $7? I've already spent close to $60 getting the stuff for my projects.

I know what you mean I have closed my shop before, and now I am trying my hardest to keep it going by promoting more eek Not all of it you have to pay for here ar a few things that I have been trying to use resently

http://noadi.hubpages.com/hub/Tips-for-Promoting-your-Etsy-Shop

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6452187

http://habit-of-art.blogspot.com/2011/04/12-ways-to-promote-your-etsy-shop.html

It is a lot of work, but besides trying all of the things I can do on these is also trying to reach 100 listings on etsy that is suppostu be a magic number of reaching so many different intrests that you should be making more than a few sales... that plus advertising and everything be sides etsy can be a little much stressed so I wish you luck sweatdrop

Thanks! I know Etsy is a little bit much, but I would rather have that added security of knowing that Etsy is a lot more secure and trustworthy than ebay. I've been considering putting at least one card up on ebay though to see how it goes, but I'm kind of iffy about it.

I feel guilty because I feel like I've been spamming my friends like mad on facebook (-_-);

Lol i know what you mean confused but you should try some of these other sites i like stumble, fliker, tumblr, craft stylish, I am hoping to try to make a twitter and a blog soon biggrin  

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300

thief rikku5

Generous Hoarder

8,150 Points
  • Wall Street 200
  • Generous 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2012 2:45 pm
Adoring_Lilly
thief rikku5
Adoring_Lilly
thief rikku5
Adoring_Lilly
thief rikku5
- - Your hobbies
✄ - - - Intrests
✄ - - - How you found Etsy
✄ - - - How Long you've been on Gaia

Hi, my name is Charlotte, but my friends call me Rikku. My shop on Etsy is called UnciaCrafts.

I have a lot of hobbies, but I recently found out that I am pretty good with paper crafting. So, I've been making geeky greeting cards during my down time.

I have TONS of interests. I'm 100% geeky, love videogames, tabletop games, etc. and I'm definitely immature for my age xp

I found Etsy through a friend who was starting her duck-tape business a couple years ago. She told me about it and explained details. I started an account and was going to sell masks, but I had to go on a hiatus. The new papercrafting takes up a lot less room.

I think I've been on since 2007? I can't remember...

wow thats a long time 0.0
Welcome to the guild 4laugh
I am really into geeky things too XD

Thanks! I'm thinking of doing Star Wars next, or at the very least Darth Vader for Halloween, but I was hoping to have at least one card sold before I did that. That's why I've been trying to promote my business like mad (O_O) Do you have any other promotion suggestions? I know that Etsy has that ad thing, but is it worth the $7? I've already spent close to $60 getting the stuff for my projects.

I know what you mean I have closed my shop before, and now I am trying my hardest to keep it going by promoting more eek Not all of it you have to pay for here ar a few things that I have been trying to use resently

http://noadi.hubpages.com/hub/Tips-for-Promoting-your-Etsy-Shop

http://www.etsy.com/forums_thread.php?thread_id=6452187

http://habit-of-art.blogspot.com/2011/04/12-ways-to-promote-your-etsy-shop.html

It is a lot of work, but besides trying all of the things I can do on these is also trying to reach 100 listings on etsy that is suppostu be a magic number of reaching so many different intrests that you should be making more than a few sales... that plus advertising and everything be sides etsy can be a little much stressed so I wish you luck sweatdrop

Thanks! I know Etsy is a little bit much, but I would rather have that added security of knowing that Etsy is a lot more secure and trustworthy than ebay. I've been considering putting at least one card up on ebay though to see how it goes, but I'm kind of iffy about it.

I feel guilty because I feel like I've been spamming my friends like mad on facebook (-_-);

Lol i know what you mean confused but you should try some of these other sites i like stumble, fliker, tumblr, craft stylish, I am hoping to try to make a twitter and a blog soon biggrin

In all honesty, I really hate twitter. But I made one anyways. I also JUST finished making a blog on LiveJournal, so now I have something to do when I don't want to pull out the crafting box and make a mess, lol. Once my first paycheck comes in, I will have a custom-made shirt with some of my cards on it, and info on the back. Luckily my univeristy is WAY more geeky than I thought, so I might get some hits there heart .

I have a friend who goes to expos all the time to sell her duct tape items. That got me thinking though, what's your opinion of craft fairs? Have you been to one at all?  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:20 pm
thief rikku5

In all honesty, I really hate twitter. But I made one anyways. I also JUST finished making a blog on LiveJournal, so now I have something to do when I don't want to pull out the crafting box and make a mess, lol. Once my first paycheck comes in, I will have a custom-made shirt with some of my cards on it, and info on the back. Luckily my univeristy is WAY more geeky than I thought, so I might get some hits there heart .

I have a friend who goes to expos all the time to sell her duct tape items. That got me thinking though, what's your opinion of craft fairs? Have you been to one at all?

I have been thinking about going to a few soon, but I don't know where to start, and my school scheduel is kinna messy so I don't have much time open to try. But I really want to crying a lot of people talk about that you can get a lot of sales if people could see your items in person and touch them and hold them and it makes selling it better sweatdrop but i can't say from first hand experience  

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:26 pm
KnifexBloodxNightmare
Hello! My name is Bear. I'm 21 and I recently finished going to school to be a automotive technician. But thats not what I want to do. My dream is to open my own gift shop and I'm hoping selling through Etsy will help me get there. I also sell at local events such as swap meets and art fairs.
I also manage a local band named Moogen. I hope to go on tour with them someday. 3nodding

Your hobbies? Guitar Hero, Crafting, Halo Reach, Photography
Interests? Pokemon, Kandi
How you found Etsy? No idea. haha
How Long you've been on Gaia? umm 2006?

eek Im so sorry I missed your post!

Welcome to the guild =D I hope that you stay. I ceheck out your shop and added you to my circle. I really like the paintings and the wallets are an awsome Idea 3nodding You seem like a very busy person. I think that is cool that you sell at swapmeets and fairs thiefrikku5 was just asking me about how that is, but I have never done it maybe you can tell her how it is biggrin

and welcome to the guild again =D  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:46 pm
Adoring_Lilly

Welcome to the guild =D I hope that you stay. I ceheck out your shop and added you to my circle. I really like the paintings and the wallets are an awsome Idea 3nodding You seem like a very busy person. I think that is cool that you sell at swapmeets and fairs thiefrikku5 was just asking me about how that is, but I have never done it maybe you can tell her how it is biggrin

Thanks! Ill add you to my circle too! You did an awesome job on that Umbreon! biggrin I'm so glad you started this guild. Great Idea! I tried to post about my shop in the crafts forum but I guess that's not allowed. sweatdrop woops...  

KnifexBloodxNightmare

Adventuring Bear

13,650 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Unleash the Beast 100

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 2:59 pm
KnifexBloodxNightmare
Adoring_Lilly

Thanks! Ill add you to my circle too! You did an awesome job on that Umbreon! biggrin I'm so glad you started this guild. Great Idea! I tried to post about my shop in the crafts forum but I guess that's not allowed. sweatdrop woops...

woops whee its ok, but if you want to promote your shop you can do it here this is the promotions area, but if you just want to talk about your craft with others you can in the crafts area 3nodding

thanks for the compliment sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:54 pm
Well I thought I would introduce myself too~

I'm not on to often, but! My names Britney, ^_^
I live with my boyfriend, our 2 year old husky and her 6 puppies. Were only keeping one, but still need to find homes for 2. A leopard gecko and 3 chickies. ^_^ Well 2 are roosters, so we plan on getting more hens. ;3

I have a small Etsy shop that has lots of handmade jewelry!
Right now I have mostly bracelets, but there are necklaces and earrings.
I plan to add some more things in the future, after I fix some of the pictures. (I've been told some are to small)

If you feel like checking it out~ You can clicky on the banner in my siggy.

Some other things I like to do are gardening~ My front porch is full of pots of different flowers and edible veggies, plus I have a little herb garden as well.

I love to make things, i'm still learning on how to crochet, I don't know how to do it really as in following patterns, but I pick it up every now and then and see what comes out.

LavenderPaw

Tipsy Explorer

8,675 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • The Wolf Within 100

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, 2012 6:52 am
To everyone I've missed so far, Hello! Welcome aboard! *waves*  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 16, 2012 6:56 pm
I feel awkward posting. Feel like I'm nercobumping or something.
But cool. I'm Seth. In high school but for fashion design so I love to sew. Hope to make most of my living off of that. I'm also an intern for Face Magazine in my city and get to test out my photography skills. I also do little photo shoots for family and friends right now to build up a portfolio. Besides those things, I'm an avid reader, video gamer, and movie goer in my spare time.

I found etsy while browsing for cool geek wear on deviant art a while back. I decided to create an account and to just add my favorite shops to my circle for easier access. Eventually this year, I hope to set up a shop so that I could start selling my own clothes and grow from there.

I joined Gaia in 2008 but took a long break just because of school work. I recently got back on at the beginning of this school year.

iiParadoxical

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:03 am
iiParadoxical
But cool. I'm Seth. In high school but for fashion design so I love to sew. Hope to make most of my living off of that. I'm also an intern for Face Magazine in my city and get to test out my photography skills. I also do little photo shoots for family and friends right now to build up a portfolio. Besides those things, I'm an avid reader, video gamer, and movie goer in my spare time.

I found etsy while browsing for cool geek wear on deviant art a while back. I decided to create an account and to just add my favorite shops to my circle for easier access. Eventually this year, I hope to set up a shop so that I could start selling my own clothes and grow from there.

I joined Gaia in 2008 but took a long break just because of school work. I recently got back on at the beginning of this school year.

Don't feel awkward! We're all here and around...somewhere. Welcome aboard! I've just been insanely busy this past month filling Halloween orders (speaking of which I still have 2 to finish and mail out today) so I just pretty much quick log into gaia and then run off to my sewing room.

Also, I approve of men who know how to sew. biggrin  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 11:48 am
iiParadoxical

biggrin welcome and good luck with your shop let us know when you have it set up and we will add you to the list  

Adoring_Lilly
Captain

Lonely Seeker

6,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Conventioneer 300

iiParadoxical

PostPosted: Tue Oct 23, 2012 4:20 pm
Adoring_Lilly

biggrin welcome and good luck with your shop let us know when you have it set up and we will add you to the list

Thanks! Will do : )

aufdeutsch

Don't feel awkward! We're all here and around...somewhere. Welcome aboard! I've just been insanely busy this past month filling Halloween orders (speaking of which I still have 2 to finish and mail out today) so I just pretty much quick log into gaia and then run off to my sewing room.

Also, I approve of men who know how to sew. biggrin

xD Thanks. I know how that feels. Though, I don't get paid D: But glad to hear your business seems to be doing well.

Aha : ) Thanks again I guess. I just find it relaxing.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:04 pm
iiParadoxical

xD Thanks. I know how that feels. Though, I don't get paid D: But glad to hear your business seems to be doing well.

Eventually you'll get to the "getting paid SOMETHING" level of things. I'm working on Mario/Luigi hats for my cousins now. Not really making any money off of them, but it's the one time favor they get since they're relatives. Besides, there is enough extra fabric to make another hat to sell! Hooray! ...so much fabric cutting left to do yet.

Fabric, why can't it cut itself?  

aufdeutsch

Friendly Entrepreneur

6,600 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

iiParadoxical

PostPosted: Wed Oct 24, 2012 8:14 pm
aufdeutsch
iiParadoxical

Eventually you'll get to the "getting paid SOMETHING" level of things. I'm working on Mario/Luigi hats for my cousins now. Not really making any money off of them, but it's the one time favor they get since they're relatives. Besides, there is enough extra fabric to make another hat to sell! Hooray! ...so much fabric cutting left to do yet.

Fabric, why can't it cut itself?

: O That's gotta be fun !
But yes, agree. Next thing that should be invited is self cut fabric <3
Such a tedious, long, and boring step

~Etsy Showoffs~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items