Welcome to Gaia! ::

.|| Tendaji ||.

Back to Guilds

HQ for the B/C Shop "Tendaji" 

Tags: Roleplay, Tendaji, B/C Shop 

Reply ◈ Archives
[PRP Tale FIN] A Short Interlude ~ Chalcedony & Takoda ~ Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 6:51 pm
The group of Shifters that he had joined with on request of his father had already started their journey, heading into the dry, hot lands of Tale and he couldn't help but wonder who and what they would find out here. Looking over his shoulder toward the direction that his home was in he couldn't help but worry a little, especially seeing that the Alkidike were on the move same as them, but he wouldn't let himself focus on home. His father was there after all so he didn't think that he should have to worry, the man was a powerhouse and as much as he didn't want to admit it he could take care of his family better then Chal could at the moment. This journey should help him in getting stronger for them... though there was another, one among this group, that he wanted to keep safe as well.

Turning away from the forest that he was watching, as well as the distant Alkidike, he moved toward where he'd last seen the now Healer Takoda. He had been surprised to see that he was coming along as well. Nothing at all against Takoda, he thought that he was a kind and sweet person, as well as being well learned about many useful things, but still, his presence had been a surprise. He wanted to get a moment to talk to him now that they had a chance to rest after the first leg of their journey that had gotten them this far. Takoda had mentioned earlier to Antiope that he wanted to see about gathering supplies for their journey, he meant to go along with him on that errand, not wanting to leave him wandering a strange land on his own.

Upon spotting him, not to hard given that their coloring did lend well to blending in to Tale during the day or the night, he gave a smile, "Hey, Takoda, how you doing?" He asked as he got closer to the Healer and his friend, "Getting ready to head out searching for supplies soon? If so I'd like to join you."  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 7:16 pm
His mind was drifting, trying to not focus on the unknown that was where they were going and what they could meet. Since the shifter had no family left he didn't exactly have anyone to be worried about when he left home. The nondwa he had nicknamed Zuko though very determined to get Takoda to like him wasn't exactly his pet, he didn't keep it or feed it it just hung around. So Takoda didn't have to worry about it being fed it would do just fine on its own.

Takoda was relieved to find out they weren't going to leave their forest immediately and that they were given time to gather things, last minute provisions and the like. The shifter with his long white hair seemed to be startled out of his concentration when Chal approached him and spoke. He had been flipping through his healers book, trying to read up as much as he could before they set off. Dropping the book into the dusty earth floor he hurriedly picked it up and dusted it off.

Glancing over his shoulder to where the larger shifter was he offered a small and embarrassed smile. At the question he supposed that would be a great idea, one more chance to gather the stuff he may not be able to find out in the plains of Tale. Giving a curt nod he got up slipping the book in a special pouch on the outside of his satchel. He had sewn it on before leaving his home, that way it was always easy to grab for.

"T..that would be a good idea...I am not ready to use my spells on people yet..so getting some of my medicinal herbs would be beneficial." Takoda murmured blushing slightly of his admission to not quite being ready to use his magic. Looking up at the shifter he gave a soft smile with his eyes closed momentarily and then looking to where the forest lay.

"I think I would enjoy your company, we have had little time to see each other since that first time." Turning he started towards the forest as if it was no big deal...even if..those...gaint..bugs ..were there. "Are you nervous about leaving all your siblings?" He inquired curious as he had not seen his father the first time he visited.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:16 pm
Chal gave a smile, "Well I am sure you will figure it out, just need a bit of practice is all." He said, though he worried a bit about how that practice might come into being. With the Alkidike to one side and the Leaf Tribe of Tale on the other there might very well be a reason for them to end up in need of a healer soon enough, not that he wanted to consider that. He would do his best to keep those among his group safe if he were able to do so. He didn't want anyone harmed because he was too weak to keep them safe. It had happened once recently, something that was far too close for comfort, and he just needed to work harder at it was all.

"I am glad to hear that you would allow me along." He said with a bit of a grin, "You seem to be quite the popular one so I am sure that you have your pick of who you hang out with, huh?" He was surprised to see how many people among their group knew and liked Takoda, then again given his kind heart it only made sense.

"Nervous? Yeah... but maybe the fact that the Alkidike seem to be busy with their own quest means that they will spend less time messing with the Shifter tribe for a while." He said, hoping against hope that it might be the truth, then he gave a bit of a groan, "Not to mention that my father came home recently and is tending to things... a Brute his size, I am sure that he will be able to fend off things much easier then I can." At the moment at least. He wanted to be able to be a good stand in for the man even if he also enjoyed tending to things at home, cooking, playing with his siblings and the like, "I am sure that everything will be fine with him there though it would almost be amusing to see him having to go about the morning routine I usually take care of." He said, giving a bit of a smile at the mere thought of his father having to deal with the hectic mess...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 8:29 pm
Takoda stride seemed to halt if only for a moment a jerk in his movement and that was due to what the shifter had said. Popular? That was weird but it was true wasn't it? It seemed as if everyone knew him...and were accepting him for his accomplishments rather than making fun of him. It was ...an unfamiliar sensation being liked.

A furious blush came over his face as he returned to steady his walk, giving a cough he gave a light shake of his head,

"Ah...well...I enjoy your company Chal..." He murmured looking more embarrassed than before moving to tuck hair behind his ear distractedly, before he made himself appear busy by discovering some herbs he could use. Bending down to pluck them his hand almost ripped the plant out of the ground when his company mentioned the Alkidike women that were seen earlier. It had caused himself to shudder after all they were far too bug like for him.

"Do you think they intend to attack us? Or our homes?" Came the slow question it scared him to think of the only home he knew being...taken over. It was good to know that at least Chal's father had returned home...and a Brute at that so ...his family would be well protected. After all he still owed Chal's littlest sister a play date with Zuko.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:12 pm
When he was told that his company was enjoyed Chal gave a bit of a smile, "I am glad to see that you enjoy hanging out around me." He said, unable to be anything but amused by the idea that he was picked as one that Takoda wanted to be around. Of course it would seem as though Takoda might be a little out of sorts at the moment, maybe due to where they were and what was going on, since he was being a bit rough on the herbs that he was working on picking. He also saw the shudder that had gone through him, "You alright? See a bug?" He asked, leaning over to look around the area that Takoda was digging at the herbs to see if there were any about, knowing full well what he thought of insects both big and small.

At the question about the Alkidike he found himself glancing off for a moment before shaking his head, "I think they do intend to do that most days but at the moment... well I really do wonder what they are up to." He didn't trust them, they were a dangerous group of women that seemed to be rather hellbent on harming others, so why should they look at them as anything but a threat?

"I think that, what we should do, is try to keep an eye out and figure out what it is that they might be up to." He said to Takoda, not wanting for those women to get anywhere close to them. They were a bunch of hostile women, arrogant and greedy, and thought that everything in the world belonged to them. It meant that they were nothing but dangerous because they meant to get rid of those that got between them and what they thought was theirs, "I don't like that they appeared just as we are getting ready to go on this journey... I wonder if they are following us." Were they spying? Did they want to know where they were going? Did they mean to follow them the whole way? He sure hoped not...  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:28 pm
Takoda shook his head, no he hadn't seen a bug, just thinking about the alkidikes was enough to send shudder's through him. He had met an alkidike once and though she had been...reasonably nice to him, perhaps because he was pathetic and too easy to kill...just ..the sight of her made him want to flee. IF they ever ran into more he wasn't sure what he would do.

"I....maybe...I am not sure...I ran into an alkidike awhile ago...she...seemed just...a bit hostile..but she didn't hurt me...actually she treated me ..fairly well..but ..maybe I am wrong..she could of been scouting ahead of this group we saw..." His voice trembled slightly at the idea he may of given more away to the woman than he had intended. Takoda wasn't sure how he would feel if he was the reason for an invasion for being so timid..

Feeling sorry he had ripped the plant out of the ground he tried to replant it with little success, but murmuring a simple spell he had managed to memorize he drew water from the air and watered the poor thing. Maybe it would survive...  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 10:11 pm
"You ran into another one?" He asked, concern in his voice as he asked the question, looking worried as well. The idea that Takoda could have been hurt by one of those women had him worrying retroactively for him, "I am glad that she didn't hurt you." He found himself wondering if Takoda was right, was it really a scout for the women that were skulking around out there now? He had no idea but the idea that it might have been, that she could very well have gotten information from Takoda, it was a little more then worrisome.

Shifting in place he found himself asking, "Did she ask you any strange questions?" What if she was a scout? Could it have been that she was trying to get information out of Takoda? He wondered if the other Shifter had said anything to her that might tell her anything integral about their people. He didn't think that Takoda was the sort to spread information though, he wasn't a spy after all. Reaching out he gave Takoda his patented pat on the head, "I am sure it will be alright, though if you happen to spot her among those in that group you should consider telling the leader of our group just in case." Better safe then sorry after all, though he really did hope that Takoda didn't get scolded for not mentioning earlier that he had a run in with one of those dangerous women.

Watching as Takoda busied himself with the plant he really did want to give him a hug to sooth him but figured that it might not be welcome, especially given the current heat they were dealing with and less cover given where they were at the moment then what they had back home.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:24 am
At Chalcedony's response he nodded his head, his mind now full of worry if he by chance accidentally brought some horrible war upon his people. He wasn't exactly the best sort when it came to being intimidating. Especially when he had been running away from and cowering from a nondwa at the time. Sighing he tugged on his hair out of frusteration he didn't know what he would do with himself if he was the cause of an invasion.

"N..no. She was upset claiming I was in her forest...but other than that..she ..thought I was trying to lure a nondwa to me...I was at the time cowering from one when she came upon me. She thought I was sick." Takoda mentioned as he sighed and went to stand up, it sounded bad didn't it? The fact she had come upon him while he was suffering from from his intense fear of insects.

"Yes...I'll keep an eye out for her...I'll let you know if I see her.." Though Takod was more worried about focusing at all on those women, too bug like for him he could barely look at them without having a spasm of fear run trough his entire body. Trying to pull his mind away from the subject he gave Chal a crooked smile as it was too hard to give him a full one.

"Shall we ..keep moving then? maybe I can find some more mushrooms along the edge of the forest. It may be too hot here ...since they like damper conditions. But I would like to have them on me...in case my magic fails me." There he went again, a worrier. Takoda despite having past his 'quest' and become a true healer didn't seem to have much faith in his abilities.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:58 pm
"Her forest? What a selfish group." He found himself muttering. Why he didn't have a grudge against any of the women as individuals, in fact he'd never met a single one of them before, as a whole he really couldn't say that he cared for them. They seemed to be a selfish sort of group that claimed everything as their own. Not to mention that they were a warring sort as well, something that put his family at risk at all times. They weren't a people that he felt that he could even begin to like if they were so determined to continue upon the path of greed and war that they were on. He really wasn't the sort that wanted to pick fights, quite the opposite in fact, but that didn't mean that he wouldn't stand up to them if they started something. One could only hope that wasn't what they would be trying at the moment though...

Turning to look at Takoda he gave his friend a smile and a nod, "Alright, sounds good." The best that they could do was keep their eyes open and hope for the best he supposed. With the Alkidike skulking about though he knew hope wouldn't carry them through the entire time.

When the subject changed from the Alkidike to mushrooms Chal couldn't help but to give a bit of a smile, sure that the mushrooms were a much better topic to be on given that the dangerous women were far to close for anyone's liking, "Alright, let's see if we can't find some mushrooms. Or anything else that you think might be useful." He said, falling into step alongside his friend, glancing around for time to time, seeming to be on edge when it came to what might be out there. Even if the Alkidike stayed in their current position there were plenty of other things that were dangerous, a lesson he'd learned recently in fact in a rather painful manner. Lifting a hand up the Shifter scratched at one of his bruises before he glanced over at Takoda, "I have a few bumps and bruises from a run in I had a short time ago, if you want you can practice your magic on me when we are done collecting supplies." He offered.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 9:10 pm
Takoda didn't comment in regards to how 'selfish' the alkidike woman was, or had been. Honestly he had no idea if she had justification to reinforce her belief. Did she know something he did not? Perhaps that no one else did....for every tribe has a history and the alkidikes were as shadowy as could be. Perhaps they did have some claim to the forests...there had been so much war all he could do is guess.

"I just...don't want to see anyone hurt. War is not the answer...I am sure we could all live together if we tried." Takoda murmured as they continued to walk a little further into the forest. Listening to how supportive Chalcedony was being he faintly blushed and smiled crookedly.

"Your very compassionate. I hope your siblings appreciate that of you Chal," His voice was quiet as if he was embarrassed to say such things. Turning his head sharply when the other shifter mentioned bumps and bruises he peered at him anxiously.
"What happened?" Came the question almost immediately as he turned to face Chal and he reached a hand out and his other reached for his book which was in his satchel.  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:05 pm
Chal wondered if there would ever be a chance of them actually living in peace with the Alkidike, he somehow doubted it as they were at present. Still, it was a nice thought. If there was peace then he wouldn't have to worry as much about his siblings when he was away from home he thought to himself for a moment before he looked over toward his friend, giving a chuckle, "Yeah, I think that they likely appreciate it." Or at least those old enough to understand what all he did for them probably did, that being the twins.

"What happened? Ahhh... it was pretty scary, the twins and I were out gathering some fruit when we got waylaid by a rather speedy beast. It knocked me around a bit but I was able to keep it away from them." He said, sounding more then happy that he was able to keep them safe even if it meant taking a bit of a beating himself, "We ended up getting pinned against a tree and just when I thought things might end up getting a bit messy... well... that was when my father made his appearance, crushing the thing with the weapon he carries about." He had been startled by the man's appearance since he wasn't due to come home for a week or two more but there he was. He didn't think he'd ever been as happy to see his father as in that moment. Of course the man ruined it by embarrassing him slightly by carrying not only the twins home but Chal as well since he'd found himself a bit in shock after the battle with the bug.

Shaking his head to clear the thought he looked over at his friend, "Gonna try out your magic now?" He asked, then gave him a smile, "Go right ahead, I don't mind being your test subject." He couldn't help but to chuckle as he offered himself up.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:39 pm
Takoda's eye's widened as Chalcedony retold of his tale with his siblings and the giant creature he fought. Well fended off, truely Chal was a man of strength and courage. He couldn't imagine facing off with such a beast...never mind it was a large insect Takoda was sure that he would of been bug food in such a predicament. Unlike Chal's siblings he had none...no brother to look out for him, no father to come rescue him...so what would become of him? Takoda didn't want to think on it.

"....Yes...?" Takoda started slowly raising a hand whispering the words he was still trying to commit to memory water gathered at the tips of his fingers and stayed there like hovering little balls at the tips of his fingers. "Where did you get hurt? I'll try my best to treat them all...after all who knows what we may be coming up against." He murmured looking worried about how the near future was going to turn out.

"Your very nice to me Chal...I thank you for that. I am not use to..." He paused as he went to play some of the water against a bruise, spreading it like a salve where it clung to the others skin a moment before glowing slightly. "Well not use to having...friends...people don't often treat me as a an equal..."  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 11:02 pm
Chalcedony watched with wide eyes, a little fascinated, as Takoda started to cast his spell, the water gathering around his fingers in a manner that had him awed, "That is a neat trick." He murmured, before he answered the question posed to him about where the wounds were located, "The worst of it was to my back, it kind of caught me off guard and crashed into me." That had been the worst blow he'd taken, especially given that it had thrown him, as well as his sisters, forward... that had been the most frightening moment of his life, when he'd come to from that initial blow and couldn't see the twins straight away. He was glad that they were pretty durable as well as so used to playing in the trees that even falling down they had been able to catch themselves before they had fallen that far.

Due to the time of day, and the fact that his skin was the darker shade that came along with being without the moon's light, the bruises were a lot harder to see. He could only imagine how bad they might look come night time. He'd seen those on his arms and front which were bad enough but none could be as bad as those on his back. He wasn't too worried about it though, more then believing in Takoda and his powers even if the healer wasn't quite as quick to believe in himself.

Chal's bright blue eyes sank shut as the water was worked against his skin like a poultice, soothing the bruises that Takoda was working on, "Not used to it? Really? But you seem to have so many friends." He said, a little envious at how good he was at making them. Chal spent so much of his time tending to his brood of siblings that he didn't get to get out as much to attempt to make friends. Takoda was the first one that he'd made and the one that he wanted to stick close to. When Takoda mentioned that others didn't treat him as an equal he made a bit of a face, "Yeah, I kind of saw that with some... those idiots with the bug. They don't know what they are missing." Takoda was so sweet and knowledgeable, as well as quick to share that knowledge, the others were a little thick headed to disregard that.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:17 pm
Takoda nodded his head slowly as he watched the magic water work, after all this he almost felt like it was cheating one part of him longed to go make a poultice from scratch to apply it with his fingers and with a bandage. Though he supposed this was faster and cleaner. He worked quickly on the bruises on his arms, though it was tough to spot in their day form he would run his fingers up the length of the arm and then slightly pressing here and there on the skin. He wondered if he could hone the magic well enough to hone on internal injuries...the things he couldn't see.

"Ah...I can take care of the ones on your back as well." Takoda murmured wanting to help his kind friend. Moving around to the back of him he murmured more words and lit up his other hand with globes of water at each finger tip. Massaging his back in a generalized fashion to get all the spots just in case he missed some he was quiet as he listened to Chalcedony speak. Takoda never realized he had friends, sure most of the people in the excursion seemed to like him but they considered him a friend?

"Well...t..thank you..for coming to my rescue that first time. I am glad you did." Takoda admitted slowly as his fingers continued down the others broad back. Letting out a small sigh he stared at that back and how the water glowed he felt a bit dizzy, after all this was the most of the magic he had used yet, and he felt himself lean forward and huddle against his friends back.

"Tha..nk you...sorry I a..m just a bit dizzy.."  

jayoku

Dapper Lunatic

4,025 Points
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Orpheus Solon

Stellar Dragon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 4:16 pm
Chalcedony couldn't help but to give a sound much like a purr as the healer dealt with his wounds with his magic. As the water slid against his back he could feel the pain easing off and then seeming to just vanish all together. It was a slow going sort of process but one that was completely worth the time it took because he knew that he would be able to move much mroe smoothly when Takoda was done. Before now his muscles had been a bit on the stiff side and now it was easing off, "Mmm, thanks you. That is feeling much better already." He said, smiling as he enjoyed the healing session. Had he known that Takoda would have been able to do such a thing he might have asked him for aid earlier.

When Takoda spoke again, thank him for the rescue that first day that they had met, he gave a bit of a smile, "It's no problem, I saw you were in a fix and wanted to help you out. There is really no reason, with everything else going on around around us, that we should be fighting amongst ourselves. It makes me want to knock people like that senseless even if I know that I should remain peaceful." It was one of those conundrums of life, to want to stop people from infighting by beating the snot out of them... though he supposed if he did that now at least Takoda would be able to heal them after he was done teaching them a lesson, right? Giving a smile he said, "If you need anymore saving I will be there for you." He said in a reassuring manner, knowing that many opportunities might arise during their journey when he would be needed to do just that.

Chal gave pause when he felt his friend leaning into him, turning slightly so that he could look over his shoulder at him for a moment, "You alright?" He asked before he turned around enough to slide an arm around his friend and dragged him into his arms, "If you need to rest we can wait here a bit before we continue on searching for provisions." He murmured, giving Takoda a smile as he settled against the nearby tree so the two of them could sit and rest for a spell.  
◈ Archives

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff