[PRP] How Does Your Garden Grow? [Vanmoriel x Macalania]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:03 am
User ImageMacalania stood at the edge of the grove, eyes gazing about the foliage around her. A small smile graced her features. It seemed this was going to be quite a long and fulfilling trip. Tightening the bag around her side, she moved through the trees, her steps heavy and slow. Though it was late afternoon and the sun was shining brightly, the canopy of the oaks shielded most of the light and her crystals lit her path.

Macalania moved slowly, stepping very carefully so she didn't crush any of the plants. It seemed this grove was traveled through frequently, she concluded as she noticed the path that had formed between the trees from constant hoof-fall. She wondered what soquili lived here, if any. She enjoyed her work, but company was something that made her enjoy it even more. It was fascinating to hear the stories of different soquili; learning about their beliefs and lives.

Spying a cluster of blue flowers, Macalania stopped and looked them over, smelling them and noting their leaves and petals. It was a species she hadn't seen before. She pulled a piece of smooth bark and lay it on the ground, picking up a piece of charcoal with her mouth and began sketching out the flower, making notes of the colour and odor; waves for blue and a swirl for pleasant.

She picked a single flower and a leaf and placed them between two pieces of bark that she then tied two rocks around. The flower would dry and flatten, but would be preserved enough that she could look it over more carefully in the light when she left. Macalania lowered herself to the ground and began taking notes of the other flowers around the base of the tree.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 12:28 am
User ImageVanmoriel leaped from branch to branch of the oaks. Her movements came easily; second nature from years of practice. Having spent many days amongst the trees, she knew her home like she knew herself. She knew which branches were safe and which would collapse if she landed on them. Her task this afternoon was simple; she needed flowers for paint. Having already completed her foraging duties for the day, she had plenty of time to herself.

She moved to a lower branch, then another and quickly made her way to the ground, landing gracefully with a soft thud. Looking from side to side, she spotted flower bunches and quickly picked the flowers, placing them in the bag that hung at her side. She moved forward, gathering each bunch. Red, yellow, purple, orange, pink. Every colour she needed was gathered. Ahead she spotted blue flowers and she made her way.

Vanmoriel stopped short as she noticed the mare seated amongst the flowers. "Oh!" She cried out as the mare's appearance sunk in. A tree adorned her back covered in beautiful glowing crystals. She'd never in her life seen something so mystical and beautiful. "I'm sorry," she stammered out. "I didn't know anyone else was here. Forgive me for interrupting."

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:21 am
User Image

Macalania shifted awkwardly at the sound of someone approaching. She turned in time to see the younger mare arrive and stiffened. Company was fine and dandy, but she wasn't one to let her guard down right away. She knew better than that; she'd survived because of that. The mare spoke as she was rising to her feet and it was then that Macalania realised the mare was staring at her. The stare was innocent; a child-like fascination rather than a hunger that could only be satiated by blood.

Macalania relaxed a little and smile softly at the mare. Of course she hadn't taken offense; she'd long since gotten used to the stares, the gasps and the questions that followed. If she took offense every time someone did those things, she'd be very alone. "It's fine. I hope I'm not trespassing. I'm making a log of the grove," she nodded her head towards the pieces of bark. "My name is Macalania."

She dipped her head low as she introduced herself and then noticed the bag of flowers. Tilting her head to the side, she raised a brow. "It seems you're gardening?" She questioned, wondering why the mare had so many flowers of so many colours.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:32 am
User Image

Vanmoriel took a step closer, drawn to the glow of the mare's crystals. Suddenly, she was a foal again and it was like the first time she had seen a butterfly. It was magical, breathtaking and inspiring. Leaning forward slowly, she nosed at a crystal and sniffed it. It smelt like.. life. The mare herself smelt wonderfully; she was Earthy and fragrant, like a garden.

Stepping back sheepishly, Vanmoriel blushed at the way she was acting and shifted her weight awkwardly, digging her claws into the ground. "I'm sorry," she mumbled. The mare talking caught her attention and she regained her composure. "Well, you're in the shared land of The Flock. But since you're female, you should be okay traveling through so long as you don't cause any problems or threaten anyone. The fact that I'm talking to you now will be comforting for the guards."

Tiltng her head to the side, Vanmoriel looked at the mare quizically. A log? Like the records the Priestesses keep? What was she logging? "I'm collecting flowers to make paints," she answered the mare's question and then let out a squeak. "Forgive me, again. My name is Vanmoriel," she introduced herself, returning the bow.

"What are you making a log of?"

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:05 am
User Image

Macalania flinched as the mare moved towards her and stayed stiff while she nosed at her crystals. Despite having the tree all her life, she was not used to people being so forward and daring. While the mare was close to her, she took time to look over her. She noted the feathers that were mixed in with her mane and tail and the trinkets she wore. As the mare moved away and shifted awkwardly, Macalania noted the clawed feet; sharp and deadly.

Macalania tried to push them to the back of her mind. It wouldn't do well to insult the mare seeing as she was at a disadvantage with her speed - or lack there of. At the mention of a herd, she warily looked around. They appeared to be alone; but she knew how deceptive first glances could be. She couldn't help but wonder why her gender would grant her safety. She was a member of a herd herself and all members, besides the leader and Head Guard, were of equal ranking. This herd seemed to work differently.

"Oh. Flowers for paint, huh? That explains the lack of flowers around here," she laughed as she said the last part. "I'm making a map of sorts. But for plants, flowers and trees," she explained as best as she could; not many would understand what she was doing at first. "I don't want to impose. If my work is going to bother your.. Flock.. I'll happily move on." She was being truthful; the last thing she wanted was a flock of clawed mares coming after her.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:01 pm
User Image

Vanmoriel pursed her lips a little. Was she really using that many flowers? Now that she thought about it, she did collect more at least once a day.. if not more. That was quite a lot.. Suddenly, she felt a little bad and a little worried that she'd run out and not be able to paint. She shook her head, a frown crossing her features. "I'm sorry. I didn't realise I was using that many.."

She looked at the mare with a smile. "You're quite fine here. I'd like to ask you more about the flowers.."

Vanmoriel looked around where they stood, eying the flowers that were around them. Now that she realised how many she'd taken, she noticed the lack of flowers. Once the lands were covered in them; now they only showed up in bursts. She bowed her head, ashamed she'd done so much damage. "Is there something I can do to help?"

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:12 pm
User Image

Macalania watched the mare curiously and shrunk back a little. She hadn't intended to upset the mare. "Oh, please don't apologise. I meant no offense. It was just odd, not seeing many flowers in such prime conditions." She gave the mare a small smile. It was rare to see a young one so heartened by nature; so distraught when she had wronged it. She was reminded of herself at that age.

Looking around, she shared the mare's gaze. Most of the flowers were quite common, Erynion had most of the seeds back at his home. Some of the rarer ones would be a problem. "You can make a garden. A flower farm, I suppose. I can send Yevon to collect the seeds. I've got some on me, but not enough for such a large task."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:23 pm
User Image

At the mention of her name, Yevon flew down from the tree branch she was resting on. She landed on Macalania's branch and stifled a yawn. "I'll leave in the evening, if you don't mind. And return the following evening."

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 8:35 pm
User Image

Vanmoriel perked up a little. A garden? She'd never thought of that before. No one in the Flock had ever made a garden.. or a farm. And then she realised that she didn't even know where to start or what to do.

Seeds? How would she plant them? What tools did she need? Vanmoriel flopped to the ground with a frown. "I don't think that'll work. I don't even know where to start."

As the owl swooped down, she looked at her, head tilted. She was really beautiful and instantly she thought of her mother and how much she'd love her. She snorted and chuckled.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:12 pm
User Image

Macalania gave a nod to Yevon. "Of course. You're welcome to go back to sleeping. I'll wake you up when it's time."

Turning to Vanmoriel, she gave a smile and joined the mare on the ground. "It's not that hard. I'll help you if you like."

Reaching to the bag at her side, she pulled out a smaller satchel. She pulled at the leather cord and poured the contents onto the piece of bark she'd been drawing on earlier. A handful of seeds poured out, different shapes, sizes and colours. "These are most of the common ones that grow here. Some of the rarer flowers Erynion might have, but we may have to let them replenish themselves first."

Using her hoof, she scraped the seeds back into the pouch, letting the ones that refused to return fall to the ground to hopefully turn into flowers. She nudged the bag towards the mare. "These can get you started, at least."

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:21 pm
User Image

Vanmoriel nosed the seeds carefully, marveled. They were so tiny! How could such wonderful flowers come from such tiny things? She picked the pouch up and gingerly tucked it away with the flowers she'd collected. Her feathers and hair ruffled and she rippled with excitement.

"Where do I plant them? In the grove or further out?"

She stood up and paced around, trying to think of the perfect location for her garden. She wanted it closer to the nesting grounds, but not close enough that they might get trampled. And then it hit her!

"Oh! I have the perfect spot!" She grinned. "It's not far from here. Near a small creek, sunny but not too sunny. It's where most of the flowers grew before.. Well.. you know.."

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:29 pm
User Image

Macalania smiled softly, happy to see the mare so excited. Standing, she moved to the mare's side. "Shall we check it out, then? Yevon should be leaving soon to get the other seeds, but we can get everything set up for when she returns."

She tightened the satchel at her side and picked up her tools from the ground, placing them inside. With a smile and shift of her weight, she gave a nod of her head to Vanmoriel. "After you."

LOLTERNATIVE

Super Trash

Open/Private Canon IC RP

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces