<A> Housewarming Gifts (Xun & Whisteria) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:51 pm
Whisteria had heard from market gossip whose hands that mageroyal had ended up in and she found it terribly amusing. Considering Cenarius had gotten it that probably meant it would end up in Xun's care at some point or another. That and the fact that she had never seen his home had given her the idea to visit. A satchel hung at her side full of packets of seeds from Azerothian flora, so Xun could pick and choose what he liked. She did not doubt that he would have a garden of some sort being a life-bound deity and all.

She felt considerably better about her situation after breaking the news to Aska and today was a good day. So whomever answered the door when she knocked would find a night elf druid in a rather pleasant mood on the other side. While she waited she studied the door- it was a rather accurate likeness of Teldrassil, just as he said it would be.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:04 pm
It would be a strange figure that would answer her - strange thanks to the familiarity, perhaps, in the rough build and the length of the ears. But everything else - from the raven black hair to the paleness of his skin and the dark brown of his eyes, revealed that it was not quite a night elf, or even an high elf, that stood at the other side of the open door.

"Oh, you must be Lady Whisteria." He said with a smile. "You must be here to see my Lord, I assume ?" Well, it could be Xun Jiang or Glyph. But Glyph was outside, tending the woods as he often was, and the specific door she had chosen to knock at was rather telling.

This could be good. Perhaps she... could help, in the ways he and Lindita had not managed to help their Lord.

Whisteria had thought there would be a garden, but as he moved aside to let her come in, it became obvious that the room - infinitively bigger in size than what the outside would have it look like - was covered in greenery, with the distant sound of water betraying the existence of the waterfall at the far back.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:26 pm
"I am." He was right on both counts. The confirmation was accompanied by a curious eyebrow quirk. Since the man referred to Lifewater as his lord that meant he was probably a servant of some sort? He was an elf, there was no doubting that but she found herself wondering where exactly he was from; he did not resemble a kalodorei, quel'dorei or even sin'dorei. Perhaps he was from somewhere else entirely then?

Any guesses she might have had as to the elf's origin vanished when she stepped in and got a good look around. "Oh wow." Outside was beautiful but this was so much more than that. Whisteria could not even think of an appropriate adjective for it. Everything was so vibrant and alive, she could feel the power that rested in this place. It truly was amazing.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:58 pm
The lady's wonderment was evident, and it made him safe. "If you would follow me ?"

He led her further back, past the pillars of everwood and the trees that still dwelt there, further and further back, toward the small lake and the waterfall. Aysu certainly hoped his Lord had not retreated toward the island once more...

But then it became clear he had not, as the familiar shape of wings and tail could be seen, sitting in one of the larger swings.

While Whisteria's mood definitively tilted toward the better, it would be easy enough to tell that it was the opposite for Xun Jiang. He stared at the lake as if he saw something in the water the others did not - but in reality there was nothing there but the koi as they swam by, tiny flashes coming out of the water as the light was reflected by their pristine scales and long fins.

But there was something in the way he stared, something in the frown on his face, that betrayed that not all was what looked like.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:30 pm
Whisteria followed after the other elf, continuing to glance around at her surroundings as they walked. She had no idea what she had expected to find here when she first left the apartment she shared with Aska this morning. This was just mind blowing. How had he managed to create such a lovely place? Magic of some sort, no doubt.

It was almost jarring seeing Xun looking almost melancholy in such a beautiful place. She approached him quietly, taking care to not make too much noise so she avoided startling him. "What troubles you, Xun?" There was no sense in beating around the proverbial bush when she knew that something was bothering him. Depending on what it was she might not understand, but she could still listen so he could get it off his chest.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:52 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was the sound of her voice that caught his attention, and the language that made it so his current company could only be one person.

"Whisteria." He looked toward her, one wing pressing closer against his side so that she would have space to sit beside him. The question, however, took a bit more thought to answer.

"Well..." He sighed. This was a sensitive subject, and one better told straight, perhaps... But he feared that doing so would only make her fear for Aska even more than she already did.

"I have come face to face with mistakes I have made." He admitted. "'Mistakes I had known I had done... But actually seeing the results for myself... Was quite jarring."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:07 pm
"I thought I might surprise you." Whisteria smiled softly and moved to sit beside him. Her expression relaxed into something a bit more neutral when he mentioned mistakes. Whatever these mistakes were they must have been severe, at least in his mind, to distress him this much. "You can tell me about it, if you think it might help you." It had always been that way for her and Illisia. They talked often and helped each other through difficult times, some only the two of them knew about.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:34 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Nothing can be done to fix them now." He admitted, and that was perhaps the worst of it - there was truly nothing he could do now, but push forward and live, honor Auri's memory that way.

But he knew that not saying anything would only make everything worse.

"It was something that I've done... Before." Before Illisia, which was quite true. "Things I have known I had done. But I had not known exactly how..." He shook his head and sighed. "I tried to remember, but did not quite remember what I wanted, I fear. I just.... I do not understand why I did what I did. Either I was damn stupid or I am still missing some pieces of the puzzle."

"I know there is nothing I can do now... But it is still quite a lot to accept."

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:11 pm
The druidess listened attentively, waiting until he paused to speak. "We all make mistakes, Xun, no one is perfect. Not even gods, I think, otherwise why would you need someone else to complete you?" She reached over and took his hand, squeezing it gently. "Mistakes happen so we can learn from them and grow a little each time. Perhaps, that is why you remembered what you did, so you could learn what you needed to from those memories." Even if an unpleasant realization came from it, it was still learning something.

"If there is nothing that can be done, take what you can from it and do not let it weigh so heavily on you." Her advice was more common sense than anything else, but perhaps it was what Xun needed to hear.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:25 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Sadly, well, godly mistakes can be a little more far-reaching than mortal mistakes With great power came great responsibility, they said. That was, indeed, quite true.

"I think, in a way, I already knew ? I had avoided failing in the same pit holes, at least, before I clearly knew what I had done." The subconcious was indeed a powerful thing.

"I know that, but it is still a lot to process. A lot to take in." The images just seemed to flash back at the forefront the second he closed his eyes...

But time would heal the wound. He had no other choice but to have that happen. There was too much at sake to allow himself to be impeded by his failure any more than he already had.

"But I do not think you came here to listen to me ramble on and on, right ?" He said with a small smile, squeezing her hand back a bit.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:43 pm
"You can keep rambling if you like, I don't mind." She chuckled, glad to see him smiling. That seemed like a good sign. "I came to bring you a gift actually." The satchel was tugged over onto her lap, and the strap slid over her head. "I heard about the mageroyal and thought you might like some other plants." She offered it to him so he could look through it himself. "You can pick and choose what you want, I was not sure which you might like so I brought quite a bit."

When he opened the satchel he would find that each little collection of seeds was in its own labeled pouch with a quick sketch on the front. It contained seeds from flowers, herbs and other plants from all over Azeroth- even from Northrend.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.It was his turn to chucke when Whisteria said she had heard about the mageroyal. "I figured that had been yours... And I figure a god picking up a plant when he could easily get his own does get people talking."

Quite amusing, to say the least.

"Are you sure you will not need them ?" For her alchemy, surely... But in a way, if planted here they were assured to grow, and from there he could keep planting the seeds the plants would produce. The satchel was carefully accepted and he started to rummage though the various seeds.

Xun Jiang wondered when she would finally spot the mageroyal. It had been planted near the lake, close to the snapdragons, making a little garden of sorts. In it's short stay, the plant had more or less spread out and doubled in size, producing big, fragrant flowers.

...Ohh, dreamfoil ! Definitively that. He had always liked how these looked like. And purple lotus... Of course. If only for how rare it usually was. And kingsblood ? A cute little bush of flowers would certainly be lovely indeed. "Well, you definitively came prepared, at least." He was indeed quite amused.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:38 pm
Whisteria snerked. "In that marketplace just about anything odd will get people talking. The subject being a god just helps it get around faster."

She nodded. "I am sure. I have a small garden behind my shop, besides those are not all I have." The druidess had definitely come here prepared, the plan in general had been not to go back to Darnassus unless there was a need to do so- except for retrieving Typala and the kittens. That would need to be done at some point soon.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:09 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."That is quite true... Makes you wonder what they have to say about me." His expression turned to an amused grin. He certainly did not mind in the least - gossip was getting his existence known, and spreading his name about meant power in this case...

He was quite aware that the mismatch of draconic and night elven traits made him quite odd-looking, indeed.

"Hm... Then... These, I figure." He held out the seed packs so she could see which ones he would be talking.

All purple flowers, funnily enough. But unsurprising in a way, as Illisia had always had a penchant for that color.

A Wandering Esper

Beloved Stargazer

mistalina13

Beloved Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:30 pm
"All purple. I should have known." The comment was made as she read over the names written on the packets, clearly she was amused.

Though, it made her wonder where that mageroyal he had gotten originally had ended up. She scanned the surrounding area looking for the familiar plant and eventually found it nestled near the snapdragons. "That seems to be doing quite well here." She was not surprised given the atmosphere here.

[RP archives, logs, events, Etc. ]... // Stories and Their Telling

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff