Welcome to Gaia! ::

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Back to Guilds

A Sailor Moon based B/C shop! Come join us! 

Tags: Sailor, Moon, Scouts, Breedables, Senshi 

Reply ♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥
[RESOURCE] Management Q&A Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Space Cauldron

Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 1:38 pm
Management Q&A

The previous MQ&A can be found here but many answers there may be out of date and no longer accurate to the shop.

The Management Q&A Thread is a public resource where players can post questions about the shop! This thread should be used for general questions about rules, the environment, gameplay, or anything that relates to the shop as a whole. Questions that relate to specific characters or plots should be directed to the shop mule, The Space Cauldron!

Staff tries to respond to questions within 48 hours but we ask for patience for questions that may require detailed discussion.

Please do not format your question or edit it after posting! Staff will reply beneath the question with a bolded response and will tip players to notify them when their question has been answered.

Sweenys_Revenge currently keeps an eye on this thread; if you want to make sure that your question is seen and posted for staff review as soon as possible, please quote them!  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:05 pm
So I have a few questions about nega/knight purification! Mostly on naming.

So like, say someone has a knight and they get turned into a nega... do they get a mineral name?

And the other way around, I noticed they just lose the -ite to their name. IS there a reason they aren't named after wonders like other knights? If they travel to their wonder is it called like... Howl instead of a place name like the rest? Is it possible for a nega to purify into a knight named after a place vs. their old name minus the mineral suffix, sort of like how senshi corrupted directly into the negaverse have mineral names, but discover their star name?

Iris: Knights would definately get Mineral names when corrupting. Negaverse agents that purify would get a place name of their choice along with choosing a planet. (All of this information would be filled out in the revision/new application that is necessary for corrupting or purifying a character).

I realize this is confusing given the examples. But Howlite - Howl was just a quick example. The thread has been editted now to reflect that. Sorry about any confusion this might have caused.

Yeah, gurl. Howlite would be BANGBANG of Uranus or somesuch.  

SpaceSalt

Backwoods Prophet

LP

Kawaii Bear

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:03 pm
*Adds to the breaking in of the thread*

Okay so I was looking at the hitch hikers guide thread and I was wondering I know it's to be used for senshi homeworld's but is it also use able for knight wonders, or will they eventually maybe have their own wonder hand guide thread?

Iris: Knight wonders can be posted there too. It's basically just to help give people an idea of places that exist or that they might be able to visit (with the owner of course!). So both senshi homeworld and knight wonders may be posted there.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 05, 2012 10:18 pm
Hi guys, is it okay to backdate Space solos, (assuming the time limits between space visits are still followed)?

I had something half-written before the big meeting massacre ORP, and it doesn't really fit as well after that event. I'd like to know if it's still usable. Thanks.

As long as you are abiding by space rules in terms of OOC time between rps, yes, you can definately post space rps and solos that are backdated.  

LokisRose

Interstellar Cat

17,675 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Cool Cat 500

Tenko72

Benevolent Genius

13,900 Points
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Mark Twain 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:23 pm
Do civilians and knights have age limits? I couldn't find anything about them in their info threads. I'm guessing the lower age limit is elementary school aged, but I have no idea about the upper. Like could you RP a senior citizen?

Civilians and the Knights have no age limits! Of course, a Knight should be young enough to be combat ready, but if you wanted to custom someone's grandma to play as a civilian, feel free [although it might look odd on the templates ;D].

Just to be exact, the lower age limit for knights would be just like the negaverse, 14. So no chibi knights. Civilians can be younger though keep in mind that our youngest templates are for elementary school aged children.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 5:41 pm
So, I have these twins, right? Micah and Alexij. Micah is already an approved Moon character, as you already know, and Alexij is still a quest, and has not been approved or anything. Now, as a plot point, I wnt Alexij to find out about Micah's second life as Sailor Acubens, and become a suppot center for her, since he's pretty much one of the most important people in her life.

Now, this is where my question is asked. I also want him to be a Dark Mirror Senshi, which will be further insentive for Acubens to possibly corrupt to the Dark Mirror Court in the very distant and uncertain future. If this happens, and he knows his sister is Sailor Acubens, will he have to become another person like a senshi who is corrupted from the White Moon Court, or will those memories simply be erased so that Acubens and his sister will be two different people altogether.

---

Second question, can youma feed off the energies of unawakened starseeds?

If you plan to corrupt Alexji down the line, he cannot learn Micah's secret while she is a White Moon Senshi. We only allow cross-faction identity discovery immediately before a faction-swap.

Neither DMS nor Corrupt Senshi forget their memories/gain new identities when they are awakened directly into a Chaos faction. Regardless, if Acubens corrupted, she would gain a new identity, herself.

We don't, as a rule, allow family members to know the identity of opposite-faction family members until after corruption. When people gain these characters, we ask them to promise that they will never learn the identity of family members. An example would be one of our current Chibi Senshi, whose father is a Lieutenant. They will never learn each other's identity, unless he were to purify, find out her identity, and reach out to her as his new civilian persona.

If Alexji learns Micah's identity as Acubens, when he corrupts, he will forget that there is a connection between the two, though they will still live a civilian siblings. Acubens will not know the connection between Alexji and his powered form. If Acubens subsequently converts to the DMC, she will need to gain a new identity, and forget any identities that she's learned.

----

As for question number 2:

Of course, or else senshi and knights would have very few things to defend civilians from. Youma primarily attack the civilian populace, aka 'unawakened star seeds'.

Sweenys_Revenge

Dangerous Lover

ChibiGingi

Dapper Grabber

PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2012 11:18 pm
Does one need a guardian cat for an upgrade or can those be done in solo RPs?

Akina: A guardian cat is always involved in an awakening/upgrade somehow, but there are loopholes if you can't find an active one to help you out. If you do it in a solo, just be sure to be incredibly vague about the appearance of the NPC guardian cat. It should more or less just be a simple tool of your upgrade. If you want to do an extended interaction, I'd PM the mule just to be safe or try to see if one of the cat players would be up to try it out. But you do need a cat.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 4:37 pm
I'm guessing we still need to get personal youma approved, but the thread in the Rift hasn't been used in months. I was wondering if you want us to send the form in, or just quote the mule to get your attention on it.

Thanks!

Akina: Use the thread! But quote the mule and/or one of the Chaos staff if you are worried about people missing it.  

a-disgruntled-dragon

LittleLilyKitty

Tiny Kitten

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 9:14 am
How far in the past Galactic Olympics are held? 1000 years ago or something?

Iris: These Olympic games are being held approximately 1020 years ago. It is set in a time of general peace (as peaceful as a galaxy full of worlds can be) and before the destruction of the Silver Millenium Kingdom (and everyone's home worlds).  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2012 6:12 pm
Relevant to purifications and corruptions, how far after the corruption slash purification should we be plotting? We should have an idea of what we're doing but like, how well-defined should it be?

Iris: We basically just want to know what your plans are for your character in their new faction so that we know you've put some thought into what you're going to do once you get there and don't end up floundering.

It never HURTS to be overly specific if you really want to be, but we're basically trying to follow WHY you want the purification/corruption and what you're going to do with it once you've got it. Will your character be SUPER against the faction they were once on? What do they offer their new teammates? Etc etc.

Akina: As a general rule of the thumb, the more thoughtfulness we see in your plot, the better. I am of the opinion that you can never include TOO much information. Definitely detailing how they would interact with/affect multiple players is a plus.  

shibrogane

Stellar Lightbringer

amicableAggressor

Versatile Vermin

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:48 pm
i remember there used to be information on how much civilian energy a negaverse agent can drain at one per stage/how much physical contact they have to have, yet it seems to have disappeared (i think around the time the new information threads went up?) iss there any guideline now?

(i know negas aren't supposed to be draining energy now, but yeah rules are there to be broken maybe)

It's really more specific to the RP now. The higher the stage, the better you are at gathering energy, and the more subtly you can do it. You can drain until they pass out, if you choose, or only enough to make someone weak.

Only Generals and above can make objects that gather energy. The real rule is that the lower your rank, the less skill and control you have! For instance, a General that tries to promote will only end up creating a youma.

If you have a specific question, or wonder if something might cross the line, definitely shoot a mod or GM a PM/IM!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:49 am
How Hi-tech were Guardian cats and Mau Technology? Was it like super futuristic? I see that we have almost Tron Tech. If we modeled our humanoid outfit for a quest kitty, would we need things like a headset approved beforehand?

When it comes to Guardian cat clothing the only real guidelines are that the clothing should look semi fantasy/whimsical (not super modern and regular) and that they can't wear shoes.

A Tron/Mercury esque looking cat could be alright as long as the outfit looked fantasy enough and could include a headset.

The actual workability of said headset though would be something that needed to be at least mentioned to staff. If it had no use at all, or the use was something as simple as 'This lets me connect to the senshi database/guardian cat center from afar' you could probably get an okay. Regardless if you want that headset to do anything other then look pretty it's probably best to run it by staff.

Mauvians in the past were pretty technologically advanced but for obvious reasons of not making them too game breaky we have kind of put a reign on what they can come up with now. That said, people are free and encouraged to pm the mule if they have an idea for something they'd like their cat to be able to create/come up with.

MoonKitsune

Romantic Exhibitionist

ChibiGingi

Dapper Grabber

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 5:33 pm
So if someone were to have started a regular RP, with civilians, and have not made ANY mention of being a Senshi or at a particular rank, and one of the RPers wanted to count it towards their Eternal upgrade (since they have already obtained the Super upgrade and the Reg RP in question is really, really outdated but revived again), could that regular RP count towards the Eternal upgrade or not?

Civilian rps do definately count towards growth reqs for a character. There doesn't have to be any mention of senshi, negaverse, or anything other then regular old daily life stuff, it will just count as a regular.

However for an rp to count for a growth it has to have been started after the person has received their art. So if the rp was started before the person got their super art then it will not count towards growths.

Also on a similar note, if you choose to dilly dally with upgrading your character ICly even after you have the art for plot reasons then rp occurring more then a week or two before their actual upgrade rp/a rp mentioning they are now super also do not count towards growths to the next level.

It's 2 weeks!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2012 8:44 am
This is something I meant to ask a little bit back and just got reminded... XD

In light of Zanz merging with a youma, is this going to be something that others can possibly work towards? I wouldn't ask for, nor expect, it to be a commonly allowed thing, but it is a neat idea. And following that train of thought, would it ever be possible for a corrupted senshi to have some horrifically traumatic merging with a youma?

Zan merged into a youma because she created a plot to do so. It was something that she came up with, sent our way, and was approved. Any player is welcome to send us their ideas for personal plots like that.

From the FAQ:
+ I have a pretty cool plot idea for my character, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to do it or how to get approval! What do I do?

Our mule PM box is always open to your questions and ideas! Sometimes our staff members are even willing to talk to you personally to give you a jump-start or work through the beginning of an idea with you if you ask nicely. We're always willing to listen to your ideas and work with you so please don't be afraid to submit your full proposals. Even if your original idea doesn't pan out we'll do our best to help you find something that does

eldritch stardust

Kawaii Prophet

Orangeish Sherbert

Time-traveling Zealot

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 12:08 am
This is a silly question, I think...but I was just wondering, for corrupted senshi, where do the holes in their foreheads come from? I understand the ones in their chest, that one makes a lot of sense, but is it for a special reason that they get holes in their foreheads too?

Or did it just look more balanced when the art was first done?

Again, totally a silly question, but staring at the front page for like a few hours straight makes you think of silly questions! XD

Natsube: When characters in canon are channeling their powers to sailor moon, or doing sailor planet power, they are connecting directly to their planets and their symbol appears on their forehead. So the corruption being on the forehead is a reaction to the cut ties to their land.

I like thematic reasons, hahaha. So the chest is for the starseed corruption but the head is for the corruption of their symbol aka their very power

♥ In the Name of the Moon! ♥

Goto Page: 1 2 3 ... 4 ... 38 39 40 41 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff