PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:38 pm
Two Sides of The Same Coin
Only Capricious Dreams & Claivern may post
If you are invited
consider yourself lucky
;3

Credits

C a s t

Capricious Dreams as the Sterling Mage (-Name-)

Claivern as the Erroneous Mage (-Name-)

Welcome to read
do not post
Any questions/comments/concerns/suggestions/etc. use PM
or
create OOC and quote

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:25 am
Capricious Dreams
Moonlight mingled with the flickering lamp light that attempted to illuminate the small room. Even the word "room" was an exaggeration. The space was more of a compartment, a spare rectangle of emptiness wedged inside the walls of the grand Victorian house, only a small crescent-shaped window showing the city streets below. The chill of winter was clear by the layers upon layers of snow covering the streets, crystals still drifting in the light breeze. Cold had seeped through the buidling's walls, drawn instantly to the lone man bent over the contraption that lay on the small workbench before him.
Although the man's fingers were freezing to the point of numbness, he still fought to continue his work. Intricate brass cogs and dials were slotted delicately into place inside the arm guard that he already had on his right forearm, but one essential part was still yet to be added. Pausing a moment to brush his hair away from his circular spectacles, intense concentration apparent on his face. Grasped at the end of the tweezers in his hand was a small, diamond-shaped gem, it's surface a swirl colours. The man's hand was rigidly steady as he lowered the gem towards it's place. A fraction out of place and his life's work would be ruined. He let the gem slip into place and sat back with a stunned expression. "It's ready..." he muttered, looking stunned with happiness. Picking the final part up carefully, he clicked it into place on the arm guard, suddenly over-taken by a flood of power. The invention hummed loudly as veins of colour shot up the man's arm to his head and he stumbled out of his chair. The veins in his arm slowly changed from a rainbow of colour to a deep ebony black. The man yelled out in pain, clawing at his arm, but unable to remove his creation. His hands shot to his head as the pressure in his brain increased unbareably and he crumpled to the floor. With one last strained breath, the man died, his contraption disengaging from his arm as his body's processes stopped.

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 7:11 pm
Claivern
My apologies for the length, they shouldn't get this long after this one. Just trying to figure out how he would find the device and this was the best I could do. Hahah.

[size=11][color=#BAB52F]"[b][/b]"[/color][/size]

[size=10][color=#909E90][/color][/size][size=10][color=#909E90][/color][/size]

The atmosphere was a mixture of agitation and overbearing tension. It was a beautiful winter's night, white glimmering crystals reflecting and refracting the light of the wavering street lights, why anyone would shut out such a sight was a secret to themselves. As some may have had absurd excuses, the exasperated young man carried one that had a client on the line, putting the task at hand as a top priority; even if it meant he could not enjoy the night he knew would provide to be a stunning view. The task was proving to be a difficult one, however, and was losing his patients gradually with the ticking of his watch that thrummed with the spinning gears, feeling the mechanics of it on his chest through the fabric of his auburn checkered vest and thin wing collared shirt, the sleeves customized to length by a golden sleeve garter, settling the cuffs just below his elbows.

A lightly calloused finger hooked on the fairly bland tie around his neck, loosening it to the point that it had no meaning, unbuttoning the top three buttons of his shirt to aid in air flow to his body. Sweat dripped around, as well as on, the intricate brass goggles that, like the watch, thrummed with the movement of gears.
"Look,"The slender man began, approaching a cell that sat as the centerpiece to the cluttered room. If it wasn't for all of the books, papers, and astray pieces to numerous contraptions, the room would be quite spacious, but with the man's own personal touch...It would never be so again. The cell was no ordinary metal cell, but one of a thin blue light that could be seen through, though with how the creature inside acted, you couldn't see the other way through."Look? I am looking! At what? I don't know, just WALLS!"The being hissed, circling the enclosure with sharp flicks of its forked tail. It was a ghastly sight with its inky black scales that shined with thick slime. Spiraling horns protruded from its skull and came to the same sharp points as its carnivorous teeth. There were no pupils to its eyes, just red, a blazing red that was glazed over with mild irritation. It spoke not with its mouth, as it seemed incapable of such a thing with its thin whip-like tongue and overflowing amount of saliva it produced, leaving a trail of the thick grey-blue substance as it anxiously paced."Now, you look boy, I am not some rodent you can trap and toy with! I have nothing for you and I now demand my release! Or-"The creature was sizable, certainly not enough to be considered a threat, but it was much like a bear; broad and a behemoth on two legs. The man having to kneel slightly meant that it was on all four of its sharply tipped paws...If they could be called that."Or what?"The creature's mouth parted in a canine's equivalent of a grin, displaying the jagged rows of blue and yellow stained teeth, pausing to throw itself onto its hindquarters. Clenching and fiddling with the lengthy thick claws that adorned its fingers...No, they were its fingers, having a thumb much like a human did, though there, too, was a claw in replacement of flesh; however, this one had grown to a length that it now curled in on itself."Oh dear mage, I am so delighted that you would ask such a thing."The laugh was booming, rumbling not only its own chest, but also the young man's. He merely flinched at the pitch of it."I will rip out your eyes and tear the skin from that ugly thing you humans call a face." Its tongue crept through from between his, now slightly gaped, teeth and grazed it over the length of its short snout."I will take pleasure in your screams as I feast upon your liver, tearing it from your body with one sharp stab. Shouldn't take too much effort, really, you humans are such fragile creatures. One battered lash and you crumble, sad, but at the same time very satisfying when your cries and pleads for mercy pierce the air." It seemed to tremble in pleasure at the thought, which, in return, made the man shiver.

Standing, the man released a heavy and drawn out breath, not frightened by the creature's words; more annoyed than anything."Alright, I believe you then. You know nothing of the boy's disappearance."The broad body became a mound of black scales and slime as it relaxed on its side and groaned."Finally the boy gets it!" Tapping a sharp claw on the wood flooring of the room, the being began to trace circles and swayed its tail at a pleasant, smoother, pace."I was planning on feeding when you called me, ya know? I was approaching with care, lurking in the dark reaches of a distracted man's room, and was quite near to pouncing and feasting on the man's delectable soul." The mage flung himself back into his cushioned chair, the force nearly knocking his jacket from its back.Raising a curious brow, he gave the creature another inquiry."Then why do you not continue your hunt once I relinquish you from your circle? I can not control you outside it, why let this sudden event discourage you from a meal, oh powerful demon Drammuz!"The demon snarled."I don't need your sarcasm, boy."The lounged man threw his hands up as though in surrender."Well, since I apparently have nothing better to do, I will inform you that the man is well past his expiration now. I can't even make out a lingering pulse. Normally I could if he had only been sitting there for a short while, but this one seems long gone. Doubt I could even fill myself off his already decaying corpse."Drammuz sighed sadly at the loss."I could have gotten away with him safely too. He seemed to be such a lonesome human, no one would have noticed he had gone missing. Always fidgeting over gears and whatnot. Think you might have enjoyed the man yourself." This intrigued the man that the demon would say such a thing.

Having gathered what information the demon had for him, the lanky young mage gathered his belts and coat."I would be wary of the world around you mage. It can be rather hazardous and I certainly am not the only one in all the dimensions that would take pleasure in sinking and tearing the flesh from a youthful man such as yourself. A fine meal indeed."Drammuz sat in wait as the mage fastened the belts securely to his body, one to his waist, one to his right thigh, and another, one much smaller, being a mere grey pouch, that hooked to the buckle of the waist belt and crossed diagonally to the thigh belt. Each belt had a couple holsters or pouches of some kind, what they held, only the man knew. The man had no response for the demon and instead, walked over to the wall of blue that trapped it and kicked over one of the candles, smudging a powdered line with that very foot, spouting foreign words in banishment of the creature. The cell turned into a dome, squeezing in on the demonic being until the panicked cries and scurrying was taken away in a cloud of smoke. The dome shattered and released the pollutant, pouring out of the room as the man fled from it; coughing and wheezing as he hurried out of the building entirely.

The mage was a rather strange sight out and about the streets, even at such an hour. His gear would come off queer, even with his brown jacket covering most of it; however, even it had a bit of the mage's personal touch. A decorated gloved hand came across his face, catching his goggles with the thumb, carrying upward through his ashy green hair. His thumb untangled from the goggles just above his forehead, but the hand threaded through to the back before being joined by the other to support his head as he strolled; not too much in a hurry to get to the dead man's home. He wouldn't go anywhere. It was much too far from his own place anyway, it would only take but a few minutes to get there by foot. As he felt himself growing nearer to the home, the mage's brilliant goldenrod gaze danced about the area, thumb lightly rolling the many rings that decorated his gloved hands, trying to remember all of what the demon had told him.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 4:09 am
Capricious Dreams

( OCC: That's fine, I just hope I'm not letting you down razz ))

These streets were supposedly never safe for a lady at this time of night. Lamplight could only infiltrate the shadows of uneasy street corners so far, and the low-life community knew that. So when a woman walks so carelessly through the dark alleys, let alone an obviously wealthy female, she was essentially asking for trouble.
However, this was not the case on this night. This night when an elegant woman was striding confidently through the back streets, her delicately embroidered dress leaving no illussions for the slimy characters that eye-balled her from the darkness as her hem trailed from her knees to the ground. The snow beneath her knee-height leather boots crunched just loud enough for her to hear thorugh the cascades of dark purple hair that curled across her shoulders. Her own footsteps were slowly joined by that of a few smirking cronies and her emerald eyes glanced up from beneath the black lacing on her dark, floral fascinator that lay across the top of her face. In the same glance, the lady took note of the small crescent window in the building across the street before swiftly ducking into another side-alley.
All three of the men followed her too, finding their luck almost too great as they saw the woman stop at the alley's dead-end brick wall. The lady turned around with a seductive smile, her lace-gloved hands placed lightly on her hips. "Evening, boys," she crooned. "Now, I've got some work to do. I'm in a rush actually. So how about we just get it over with?" The men appraoching her chuckled loosening their shirt collars as the woman walked up to them. One of the men walked ahead of the others and the lady smiled wider. Wrapping one hand tenderly around the back of his head, she pulled the man into a deep kiss, her other hand moving up to his chest. A green glow covered her hand as she pressed her fingers onto him. The man tried to step backwards, but she held him fast, the pain seeping through his bones as his energy seemed to be sucked from him. Finally, she winked an eye and seperated from him, watching the man crumple into the snow. The other two stared at her, uncertain of what to do. The woman preened her hair and wiped her scarlet lips with slender, gloved fingers, grinning at them almost cheekily. "Anyone else care to have their turn?" The men stuttered slightly and then hurriedly staggered away and her grin grew, like a woolf's mouth. "I thought as much." she muttered, heading towards the house again.

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 6:02 pm
Claivern
Nope! Your posts are just fine! Don't worry yourself too much over what I think of it~

The young man took on a deep breath of the frigid winter air, the moisture chilling to sting the back of his throat, forcing his mouth shut to breathe through his nose; even that bared its own pain.It came to his relief to have the home in sight, perhaps he could relieve himself of the weather there, thought he thought of hiding away in a dead man's home gave him a sudden chill. It just didn't seem right. The hands that rested behind his head reached back around and came together in a bowl shape at his mouth, his natural heat warming his breath as it escaped to the enclosure. His feet carried him not much further, coming to an abrupt stop many feet down the street from the home of the alleged deceased. Hands still held to his mouth, the mage looked around, having heard something over the crunch of the snow beneath his heavy steps, but only barely. That was the purpose of stopping before he got to his destination, finding he could hear much better without the annoyance of his boots. Maybe it was just a passerby, or maybe a drunkard stumbling about through the back-ways of town. He shrugged it off and meant to begin his short trek to the building down the street when he heard voices off in the distance. He was simply going to glance across the street to see peer at the ones guilty of the disturbance, but his head snapped over in the direction of them as they scurried out of the alley in an awful hurry.

An eyebrow rose to the two that rushed down the street, hand lowering to rub the heat back into them as he stared curiously.
"Well, that's peculiar."He couldn't dwell on the matter, instead, just shrugging it off as none of his business and making for the home.It seemed rather ordinary, not exactly cookie cutter like some of the others, but he couldn't have expected any more or any less from a man that even a demon found to be a rather secluded man. He, himself, could sympathize with the man as he didn't want any attention drawn to his own home, especially when he was working on a project of importance."Crescent window, just like he said." The man mused, staring up to the object of interest with a thoughtful hand at his chin.

Of course the demon would not lie to him, he had no reason to, and they seemed to get along quite well to his own surprise. Normally they were rather rude or did not speak at all, but Drammuz was pleasant enough...For a demon. Not much help like his client thought though, he hoped it wouldn't change his pay. Drammuz spoke of some contraptions the man had laying about, as well as working on, so he was just itching to find out what the lonely inventor had hidden away for him to discover, perhaps pick up a few parts he may be missing for his own projects. Pacing up the few steps that led to the door, the man inwardly cursed at the further delay he was put through, turning slightly to the side to catch a glimpse of that of which approached. He could hear the crunch of the snow beneath the woman's feet as she crossed the street, he hadn't minded her before, but now it seemed she was in direct route to him, or maybe she was also visiting the same home; either way, there would be confrontation.
"May I help you, Miss?"He inquired, struggling to hold his gentle even tone.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 17, 2012 12:22 am
Capricious Dreams

Having just dealt with one annoying inconvenience, there appeared to be another awaiting the lady as she noticed the slightly irregular looking man that stood in front of the inventor's doorway. Surely, at this point, he could have no idea of her intentions, which gave her the upper hand. However, he did seem set on confronting her. The lady quickly assessed him as she approached; the odd green hair, reasonably common goggles on his face, and an overall slim figure. Not much of a threat... At this stage...
The lady smirked to herself before quickly changing to a cautious, confused expression. "I'm not sure, Sir..." she replied uncertainly. "Perhaps you could satisfy my intrigue as to why you are standing so unnervingly outside my house?" The lady stepped past him and onto the doorstep, giving herself the chance to look down on him, if only at a small angle.
She figured this plan of action was reasonably safe. Certainly, any of the inventors would know definitely that she didn't live there, but if this man was such a person, he would have to be disposed of anyways, so what matter was it if she was discovered. On the other hand, if this man was a stranger, maybe her challenging demeanour would be enough to send him on his way.
"...Well, Sir?" she coaxed, as the man hadn't answered her with adequate speed.

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 4:18 pm
Claivern

Inwardly, the man groaned, preserving the overall pleasant appeal he held outwardly. He'd hoped, not truly holding too tightly to it as it was slim, that the girl would have been scared off just by his notice of her, perhaps a simple shake of the head and a "no sir" in response, but that seemed everything but the case. She didn't seem frightened by the foreign presence, maybe a bit confused, but nothing showed he posed a threat to her; which intrigued him. The woman seemed rather confident in herself, walking alone at an unsafe hour and even nearing what could be a threat to her safety; was he not one? Recalling his own appearance, he supposed he wasn't much of a dominating figure, slightly brought shoulders that was natural of a man, but a slender figure that suggested he wasn't much into physical labor or heavy lifting. Felt, somewhat, like a jab in the side to have a woman view him so lowly; subconsciously rubbing at his side under his coat as if it inflicted a physical wound.

Seeming baffled, he cocked a brow at the girl."I was not aware that this is your home, Miss." Drammuz said the man was an awfully lonely soul and also that no one would miss him.This quirked a grin, his mouth teased with amusement at the sides. What was this girl playing at? She did not live in this home, the inventor lived alone, he was certain of it and so was the demon, so why did she so casually lie to him? What was she after? Was had to know, but he couldn't just drop it on her, he had to gradually slip his curiosity and knowing in. Settling himself firmly on the same level as the woman, he lazily leaned his back against the outer frame of the door and braced his arm on the frame opposite of him to deliberately block the doorway if she had any intent of opening the door to slip in, not wanting to risk getting locked out. Of course, he could easily get the door open if it were to get locked, but he didn't want to cause too much of a disturbance. "Then that must mean you have some sort of relation to the man that lives here, am I correct?"He paused for a moment, not enough time for her to reply, but enough for him to think his words over."I don't recall him living with anyone though, a lonesome man if I could label him as anything at all."He spoke as though knowing the man for years, only picking what he simply remembered off the top of his memory from what the demon had told him. She was figured out and he hoped she realized it, but he could not help but try to play along with the woman's game. He had the time, the man, nor his inventions, would be going anywhere. Not before he got to them.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:31 am
Capricious Dreams

As soon as the man began speaking and moved into the doorway, the lady knew that she was caught. Whoever this man was, he knew enough about the inventor to be suspicious of her, but his eagerness to be closer to the door made her suspicious also. And yet he wasn't confident enough to challenge her directly... He was obviously trying to get more information out of her, whether to smoke her out or not, she wasn't sure.
"I-I'm his assistant," she replied in a more scared tone, taking a step back from the man to try and appear afraid. "We were meant to be working on his-..." The lady adjusted her gloves and looked at him confidently again. "On a project together." she pretended to correct herself. "And if you know him so well, I find it suspicious that you haven't visited him once since I have been working with him." The lady seemed to recover her confidence and step closer to the man again, meeting his eyes with her own. "So if you are done trying to extract some kind of information from me, perhaps you could finish your charade and let me through my door." The lady emphasised her last words, the palm of her hand buzzing slightly with restrained energy. Her emerald eyes gleamed briefly with power, but whether the lace of her fascinator masked the glow or not, she couldn't care. This man really was beginning to test her patience...

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:10 pm
Claivern

His assistant. The man fought with himself not to laugh at the girl as her lies only began to grow. It was amusing, the act she put on for him, and so much effort in it too. She could have just gave up already and professed her fraud, but instead she stepped down to play off a more feminine role; however, he could tell that a submissive demeanor did not come naturally as her confidence in herself fluctuated in a strange manner for the situation she was in. It seemed he wasn't much of an actor himself, the girl already having caught on to him as well, though he wasn't exactly trying to hard to impress the one man...Woman... Audience, dropping his own hints in not only his words but his behavior as well. He wondered if she was merely doing the same."Alright alright."The fair haired mage laughed, raising his hand in surrender, admitting his fraud, but not clearing the doorway still; now standing directly in front of it."So we weren't exactly pals, but common interests bring many to common grounds, am I right?" Upon his face was a grin, wide and impish, as he pocketed one hand in his coat and brought himself nearly nose to nose with the woman."So, how about we be honest with each other here. I told you the truth, "The hand that was free from an enclosure reached out to carefully fiddle with a strand of the woman's purple tinted locks, pale blue sparks leaping from his finger tips at the touch; a subtle warning."Now tell me who you really are and what interests you have in this house."He wasn't going to let the girl off so easily, or through the door, if at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:13 am
Capricious Dreams

The lady met the man's eyes steadily, feeling the sparks of energy brush her skin. Another mage... Not exactly a surprise, but intriguing all the same. She could have some fun with this one... Now seemed the time to show him a hint of her true self. The lady slumped into a flirtatious pose, assessing her best attempt at getting thorugh that door. "Well, well... How very nice to meet you, Sir..." she crooned with a smirk, examining his face slowly. "You know... I assumed there would be some competition for the inventor's work..." The lady reached out a gloved hand and gripped his chin lightly. "But I never thought they would be so handsome." She leaned in and kissed him on the lips, her eyes glowing brightly as her other hand slowly moved to his chest. Let's see what you can do...  

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:28 pm
Claivern

At least the girl took the hint, though was slightly surprised by the dramatic change in her body language. Certainly it still had the dominating feel to it, but now she seemed more relaxed and natural in her motions, though they were enticing; alluring. He wasn't dumb though, she was only interested in the inventor's home, not him or his looks. Women were always working themselves against men to their advantage, manipulative wretches the whole lot of them. This was why he tended to steer himself clear of them, though...It wouldn't hurt to have a little fun, right? The corners of his lips teased with a subtle smirk in return to the woman as she took liberty of his chin, allowing her to do so to play off her game of manipulation, seeming almost like wet clay in her grasp, but his gaze was full and well steady on her, observing her every movement."Please, the pleasure is all mine."He spoke sweetly, his words soft as to brush his words gently along her lips, finding them to only be closing in on him as she spoke. Inevitably they met, the man's eyes closed forcibly, stifling his humor as he knew she thought she had her way with him so easily, probably calculating her escape to the door as the gears clicked in his goggles, each turn of the gear signalling a passing second.

Through his lids he could see the radiating energy that exerted itself through her eyes, this wasn't what rushed him to act. Pulsing through the fabric of his vest, the male mage felt a pang of painful energy surge along his skin. Feeling the hairs at the nape of his neck stand on end, his eyes lifted violently, fighting back his gasp of surprised, he grinned against the kiss instead. Quickly withdrawing his hand from his coat pocket, he grabbed the girl's wrist at his chest and bared his other hand into her shoulder to pull her harder into the kiss; giving her a taste of her own medicine with quick jolt of energy from his palm that was settled on the girl's shoulder before releasing her with a light shove. Not enough to completely knock her off her feet, but just enough to give them some distance."We are moving a bit fast, don't you think?" The man teased, wiping his mouth with his sleeve as if to show her his disgust."Perhaps I could take you out for dinner first, get to know one another before we go and maim each other." Dropping his arm and like a match, it lit up with cerulean sparks against the material of his coat."Now, give me one reason not to scorch you where you stand, Harpy."He hissed, lifting his hand palm side up to point two fingers at her, the blue light that swallowed his hand now cycling through to the fingers, a faint glow tainting the gold of his gaze blue.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 2:45 am
Capricious Dreams

The lady snarled as the energy shot through her shoudler, her glare cutting through him as her eyes glowed even brighter. "Now, now," she replied, a thin layer of bitterness slipping into her velvet voice. "Slow gets ever so dull, wouldn't you agree?" The lady eyed his glowing hand warily as she casually dusted off her dress, raising an eyebrow. "And harpy? Sir, you flatter me. As for a reason to not turn me into a pot roast..." She smirked at him as she removed her gloves, tucking them into the folds of her dress. As she stretched her fingers, black veins threaded across her skin, her lips darkening as her eyes radiated. The lady muttered in an indistinct dialect and watched happily as the flame in his hand seemed to die down slightly. "... Perhaps you're underestimating your situation." The lady narrowed her eyes at him and thrust a veined hand at him, sending a pulse of energy into his chest with a violent force.  

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 02, 2012 9:17 pm
Claivern

[size=11][color=#BAB52F]"[b][/b]"[/color][/size]

[size=10][color=#909E90][/color][/size][size=10][color=#909E90][/color][/size]

The stern white line that pursed his lips slipped into a subtle, yet ever apparent smile; humored in a manner by the girl's words despite the bitterness she coated them in."I beg to differ. Take things too quickly and you can't enjoy the intoxicating pleasures of the natural pace of time."He shrugged the rest off and rolled his eyes at her, taking a step towards her with the tips of his lit fingers still directed in her direction with little sign of wavering, stopping only as he curiously examined the arms that were webbed now in black, looking as the skin of the deceased would when it marbled. It was disgusting, but intriguing to the man...Being the curious fellow he naturally was. He couldn't let himself lose his concentration over his awe so he mentally shook his away, finding it easier to do so as he tried to catch the language she was speaking in, only recognizing a few words himself. The man did not panic, however, as the light dimmed though was uncertain what he was up against, the woman proving to have interesting tricks up her sleeves."Perhaps I have. It's not everyday I encounter a woman that willingly destroys herself internally for the sake of a strange power."He said in note to not only the veins but the lips that had darkened, assessing them as an effect of the energy she expelled.

Lips parted, he began to speak his own twist of tongue under his breath quickly, though the pronunciation was not hindered by the pace. Reaching the final syllables the flames darkened, but it broke, the flame disappearing as his head was thrown back with the rest of him. Being caught by the door, the mage crumbled on the doorstep, his once radiating hand pressed against his chest, his lungs reaching out frantically for air, having had it knocked out of him on impact. "Reconsider dinner?"He choked out through a gasp as he forced himself off the ground and back onto his feet; door supporting. Rubbing at his still aching chest, he swiftly unbuckled a holster and took the contents of it in a fist. Spouting a single syllable, the silvery powder was tossed at the other mage, blue sparks dancing across the glittering grain before a snap of the man's fingers lit each individual particle, one exploding after the other in a frenzy of light, ear rattling cracks, and shrapnel created by the extreme temperatures the powder was subjected to. Hoping that, that was enough to stall the girl, he turned to the door and worked with the knob, frustrated with the new realization that it was locked."Just one thing after another with you Mr. Inventor."He grumbled softly, hoping that all this was worth his agitation in the end. Unbuckling another holster, he conjured a polished rod of stone, etching a pictogram into the wood itself, the lines elegant. Finishing the pictogram it looked much like a six turned sixty degrees counterclockwise, two parallel lines cutting through the tail of it. The man sighed at the sound of the lock.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:33 am
Capricious Dreams

The lady rolled her eyes, unimpressed, as the man fell against the door. The intoxicating pleasures of time? Ugh... You deserve this." she thought irritatedly. The lady's own perspective of this world was far bleaker than this man's seemingly philosophical views. For one thing, she could see those things which others blatantly ignored; she was far superior than others. Perhaps if those lower beings acknowledged her power over them, then they could avoid her wrath and a painful, although entertaining, death.
She watched the man struggle to his feet smugly, narrowing her eyes as he mentioned her corrupting sorcery. "Hmm, sounds like someone's jealous..." she replied, her voice deepening and warping as the magic spread through her system. "I hardly think dinner would be sufficient now." The lady went to move towards him again when the powder sparked around her in the air. She glared and wiped a hand through the particles in front of her, the distracting flares doused by a thin shroud of smoke. As the door unlocked, the lady charged ferociously through at the man, reaching with one hand to grasp him by the throat. "And destroying myself? I really don't think you understand," she whsipered smoothly, looking lovingly into his eyes. She leaned into his ear. "But you will soon..." Her gaze turned into a smirk and her hand tightened across his windpipe, pulling his head up and slamming it into the doorway, watching his eyes flicker. The lady moved her grip to his jaw and held his mouth open, pinning him down with his weight and taking a small ebony vial out from her dress, uncorking it with her teeth and pouring the dark liquid into his mouth. She grinned hungrily as the droplets trickled across his lips, then jumped nimbly to her feet, quickly ascending the stairwell towards the next floor.

Claivern

Capricious Dreams
Crew

Tipsy Prophet

8,700 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 03, 2012 11:02 pm
Claivern

No longer stumbling about to open the door, the man threw it open to make up the stairs to where the demon had given him directions to, finding himself only a step in when he realized that, through the smoke, the woman was already at his throat; literally. Choking on his own pollutant mixture he found it caught in his lungs, unable to escape from the pressure that blocked its path; courtesy of the female mage." Hardly."He struggled out with a gasp, trying to strike her but was brutally forced into the uneven framework of the door, his trachea being crushed, or so it felt like with the remaining air forced out of him and no longer being able to even squeeze in a single particle of air. For a moment he felt himself slip, his vision blackening before swinging violently back into focus, having subconsciously rummaged through a holster that had lost its contents between the time of the door opening and him being slammed against the framework. The air cold air stung, flooding into his lungs far too quickly for his body to recover, forcing him forward in a frenzy of coughs and wheezing. Staring down at the snow on the step, head between his knees as he heaved, he saw the dark droplets of a foreign content and soon found his gloved hand bare and at his mouth; on the pale skin, the same liquid."What the hell did you put in my mouth woman?!" He growled hoarsely, swearing as he scrambled clumsily onto his feet and dizzily up the stairs, his brain still in a struggle for oxygen against the rest of his body. Using the wall and railing as his support as he swayed from one side of the stairs to the other, he finally found his balance through the daze. He compared his current state to being drunk and groaned at the knotting in his stomach from the mere thought, wishing he were just drunk and back in his chair where he really, in all reality, should have been with his clients' paperwork. Oh no, he just had to listen to the demon and come to the inventor's house, getting himself mixed up in lord knows what.Whatever it was, it had to be something of importance for a woman to be so willing to be rid of him to get to it or the inventor himself."Answer me now wretch."The man hissed, his fingers digging into the material of her dress, setting her off balance with a vigorous jerk towards him; taking his turn at her throat from behind. With one arm around her wrists and waist, he held her carefully by the throat with the other, not blocking her air passage so much as she did that he could hardly speak. Braced against the wall, the man settled his lips near the woman's ear and rephrased his question softly."What did I just swallow?"Truthfully, he inhaled it, but the specifics did not matter.  
{{:1x1-type Rps:}}

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff