Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] High Enough [ Ofelia + Rep ]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:27 am
Ofelia was actually not baking for once, she'd somewhat burned herself out on sweets, and instead was focusing on trying to cook a small meal for herself. The groceries she'd gotten on her trip out with Bix were starting to wilt and spoil thanks to easy distractions so it was now or never in terms of making things complete. She'd bought chicken, some basic hamburger meat, and now she was rolling the meat in her hands in the shape of meatballs. Spaghetti was always easy enough to make, plus she had a better idea of portion control when making actual foods rather than sweets.

Water was boiling in a pot on the stove, ready for the noodles to be added, and the red-head sighed as she finished off yet another meatball that would be entirely too big for the human mouth to properly bite into. At least she was keeping her mind off things, not to mention it helped her get over the silence that echoed in her head.

Rue still wasn't talking much save a few harsh words and the sound of cackling each time she closed her eyes to rest.

Baneful
I hope this is okay? I didn't really know where he'd be so I kinda set her in the kitchen. We can move it elsewhere if needs be?

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:11 pm

Rep was drawn to the smell of cooking with all the instincts of a lifetime of mooching other people's dinner off them, so when he entered the cafeteria, he immediately registered someone had to be rustling up some grub in the main cooking area. He sauntered right on over, not even deterred when he noticed it was Ofie that was cooking. She couldn't poison him if she had already been making things before he got there.

He sat on one of the clear worktops, clearing his throat.

"Sup?"

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:24 pm
She was halfway done with chopping up an onion when Ofelia heard the scrape of someone coming into the room, the faint sound of a body taking a gasp before hoisting itself up. She raised her face, her brow lined with sweat (her eye wasn't watering though) and a matchstick in her mouth. Almost as soon as she got sight of Rep her eyes narrowed and the matchstick broke as she closed her teeth, the wood splintering easily beneath the might of her jaw.

Rep. Rue's voice was soft, silly. She was purring his name, knowing just how much Ofelia's stomach was starting too hurt. Even though the teen was looking pretty calm on the outside her heart was in her stomach and her stomach was kicking its way up her throat. If it hadn't been for the fact she had food all around she likely would have thrown up. Instead she kept it in, swallowing it back down as best she could, and a grin slowly spread over her face as one side lifted, then the other. Oh you.

The grin didn't falter as she started to speak, her tone strangely even though her cheeks were getting a little green-hued. "Not much, not much. How's yer life fairin'?" It would look bad on her, maybe, if she suddenly stopped chopping up the onion and so she tilted her head to the side, like she was cracking her neck a bit, and promptly went back to slicing and dicing. Let Rep see her handling a knife. She'd use on it on him if he tried anything, even though blood wasn't something that should be spilled in a kitchen. "What brings ya ta mah humble abode?"

Baneful

PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 10:17 am

The old instincts to turn almost predatory were strong. But he resisted, reminding himself he'd promised to be well behaved, to hazard apologies to everyone who was owed them. Some people would be tougher than others. Ofie was complicated, she had been from the moment he met her, a sun, so afforded much greater respect than most other divisions, but so inherently abusable and passive that she brought out the darkest instincts in him. Even the very fact she was once again in the kitchen, without even being told to be there, somehow both amused and horrified him.

He tried not to think too hard about it, trying a weak smile on for size. "Pretty shitty all told, had my weapon locked for certain infractions of the rules and s**t. No Tracey. But, trying to put s**t back on the right tracks."

He eyed the food speculatively. "And well, hunger brings me to yer domain, man. Was passing and the smell sort of like, drew me in."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 18, 2012 1:49 pm
Ofelia paused in her chopping for a brief second as she listened to Rep but it was slight, barely noticeable, and she went on finishing up the last of the onion. She'd only meant to chop up about a quarter of it, no need to go overkill, but Rep's unwelcome presence had sent her into a chopping spree that had not only the onion but almost the tips of her fingers under the knife before she was even aware of it. If it hadn't been for the sudden hiss of her shield she'd never have noticed, and she pulled her hand back as she tossed the blade into the sink behind her.

"Eehhh...so ya ******** up bad 'nough in front'a the wrong persons an' someone finally f'g'r'd what yer doin' an' neutered ya? That kinda sucks." She rubbed the tip of her finger where the blade would have taken off a nice chunk, somehow glad (way, way way in the back of her mind) that Rue had stopped it. Did not having Tracey mean Rep was broken now and in serious danger every time they went somewhere? "Does not havin' Tracey mean if Ah were ta stab ya yer shield wouldn' pop up an' Ah'd actually have hurt ya?" That...totally was not what went on her head yet her mouth just sort of relayed whatever it wanted to. Rue was cackling like a mad woman, pleased enough to make sound over the clearly serious blunder Ofelia let roll over her tongue. Her face didn't show she'd registered she said something that horrible, and she went about pouring the onions into a pot where several diced up tomatoes sat.

She wasn't going to say much else but Rep had mentioned he was hungry. "As fer food, Ah'm jus' makin' dinner. If ya wanna eat somm'a it yer welcome ta it. Ya like spaghetti?" Maybe she had enough for two people, maybe not. How much would Rep eat? In her own defense, or bragging maybe, Ofelia could eat a fair amount of anything if she put her own mind to it.

Baneful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:21 am

"It's not neutered" he snarled defensively. "Its just a ******** lockdown right."
Rep narrowed his eyes at Ofie for the perceived threat, tempted to turn around and go right back out. The other sun hunter gave him definate crazy vibes at times, an echo of himself. "Depends where you were to ******** stab me. Lethally, aye, he'd protect me. Idly, probably no. I'd just get ******** cut." He gave her a very wary look which stated in no uncertain terms that no, he didn't want to find out the difference between lethal and non lethal.

He tried to haul his attention off of the threats and anxieties and onto dinner instead. "I like anything that's not ******** sandwiches or cold lunch bar food." He didn't do much cooking, and generally by the time he got to the cafeteria, most of the good things were gone and the rest was cold or had been kept hot too long.

"So if there's any I can nick then probably aye, I could nab some of the spaghetti." She might have been classed as a bit crazy in his head, but food was, as a rule, a bit more important than crazy.

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:13 am
For a second she thought he was going to either get up and run or punch her (both things she didn't put pass him at all) and when neither happened Ofelia went back to making the sauce as the water bubbled next to her. "Mmmkay, wouldja add some noodles in there then? Ah gotta work on the sauce an' double up everythin' if yer wantin' ta eat wit' me. Well, not wit me but at least eat mah cookin'."

It seemed as though she wasn't going to say anything about injuring him, about anything else, but she looked back up for a brief second and a flicker of a sad smile washed over her face before it vanished back into a focusing expression. "As long as ya can still hear his voice yer gonna be fine." She nearly whispered that as the chopping on the onion stopped. "As long as ya know he's there yer never gonna need ta worry 'bout anythin'. Plus ya got people here who love ya an' will protect ya so why would Ah even bother messin'? Ah've already lost too much, Ah dun wanna lose more."

Was she talking about herself and Rue in the context of hearing a voice and knowing it was okay or was she just kindly trying to make Rep feel better? It was hard to tell, she wasn't very good at cheering people up, and Rep was the type to not give a s**t about her or her words anyway. It was best to leave it at that and just move on and back to the subject of the meal she was making. Food was her comfort, food was her escape. Her aunt wouldn't come into the kitchen so she was safe from her there. Her brother would only look at her when it was time to eat, so it was a good thing there. Those were bitter memories and she wanted them out.

The more she cooked at Deus perhaps the more she'd forget everything. She could get good memories, or just memories in general (the Jordan one was still bitter) and eventually the thoughts of home would go away entirely.

"Anyway do ya have anythin' ya dun wanna eat, or are allergic to? Ah can probably make some garlic bread if ya wanna have that wit' yer meal, s'no problem there." Garlic bread sounded pretty good actually, she'd need to see if there was Texas toast or maybe some french bread or something. This kitchen was always well stocked without her added food supplies so there was that. "Ah'm not allergic ta anythin' an' ain't a picky eater so ya gotta tell me whatcha want an' dun want or else yer stuck eatin' ta mah tastes/"

Baneful

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:37 pm

Asking Rep to do anything in a kitchen was generally a hugely bad idea. The request to put noodles in quickly resulted in him trying to put all the noodles in in one go without breaking any up or, if they were in a package, even taking them out of it. "There."

She got a fairly unsympathetic look for her comment, Rep tended to live in his own little world in his head. "Maybe. I doubt there's much more I could lose either." His life and his guys were about all he had left and he wasn't sure why people seemed to assume he had a great deal besides them both. He didn't dwell on it.

"Not allergic to s**t I think. Just don't like veggies. Garlic bread's okay but.. doesn't that give you like really bad breath? I kind of want to be able to sleep in the same place I always sleep and not be tossed out."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 2:59 pm
"Thanks." Ofelia watched Rep manhandle the noodles into the pot and couldn't hold back her snicker, her eyes narrowing into a merry look as she shook her head. "Yer jus' like mah brother, shovin' stuff in all at once." A quick move of her hand had her breaking it all up with a spoon, the noodles cracking in half and settling in against the boiling water. A thing of oil was poured in and that was it for that. "Glad Ah asked ya ta do it, we're sure not ta run out now. Ah'm pretty piss wit' portion control when makin' fer more than jus' mahself."

She was pretty bad with portion control regardless but that was beside the point. Rep's remark about having nothing more to lose made her actually want to punch him in the face - it was all his fault that Jordan stopped wanting to be her friend (or so she thought at the back of her mind) - but that was just an excuse and she wasn't wanting to use any of those at the moment. Excuses were for the weak and pathetic and, from where she stood now, Rep looked like he was nothing more than a dog who'd had his fangs torn out. It was sad, but a dog was still a dog. They didn't need fangs to still bite.

At the mention of garlic she raised an eyebrow at him. "Jus' how much garlic do ya put on yer stuff? It's supposed ta jus' be ta taste, not ta make yer face melt an' yer breath run rampant." She wasn't going to ask about where he slept, about who he slept with. Considering she was still catching sleep in the common area because her room had yet to be fixed she had nothing to say. Maybe tonight she'd sleep in the kitchen or something so if someone came in she could lie and say she was making an early breakfast. "Ah can make different slices, some wit' lots an' some wit' not lots. Ya can have yer pick'a those if ya need."

She finished up the sauce after a moment of talking, most of it already done and just waiting to be simmered. During that time, she figured, she'd get done to the point. Beating around the bush was not Ofelia's style. "So really, why are ya here an' what do ya want from me? The want'a food isn' strong 'nough fer anyone ta be in the same room wit' me so Ah ain' buyin' that."

Baneful

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 4:15 pm

"I never did cooking when I was younger. Nor in fact did my ******** useless mum. The only cooking that went on wasn't ******** food. " he admitted with a dismissive wave of his hand. "And never had to learn, women's work and all that. Plus I lived like, near to loads of fast food places" He watched the other hunter work with vague sort of interest, the way he might have watched someone juggle fire or some other fantastical thing he would never fully understand. Still, food always put him in a more amicable mood, he couldn't help it.

He remained oblivious to the darker thoughts Ofie had regarding him, too busy watching the miracle of breaking up noodles. "So yeah. I mean I don't normally put garlic on anything, but the garlic bread out the shop is pretty serious ******** business. Tends to like reek."

She got a slightly baffled look from him as she asked what he wanted from her, he didn't plan that far ahead, he mostly just did things because they logically followed on from one another. "I was looking for a sandwich and I smelled something better?" he offered before adding with a shrug. "And I've been trying to make amends while I'm at it with a few people lately I guess. Sort of."

Baneful
Crew

Dramatic Hunter

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 26, 2012 7:18 pm
Ofelia could only cackle inwardly at Rep's inability to be anything other than a douchebag when it came to women and/or womanly things. There was nothing non-manly about cooking, in fact it was probably one of the things Ofelia considered to be a great thing about a few people (cooking meant they could survive alone if needs be). To see Rep talk about eating nothing but fast food as a child because his mother was '******** useless' made her wonder why he wasn't such an obese blob with legs.

Then of course came the thoughts about him constantly working out, probably starving while off on some adventure in Rep-land, and him being skinny made sense. It clicked well enough and she nodded on the inside, accepting her thoughts there. Rue scoffed somewhere in the back of her skull and the teen just ignored it as she waited for the proper answer to her question.

So Rep was trying bridges, hmm? Interesting, she wondered if it had anything to do with the bracelet on his wrist and perhaps some kind of lesson/permissions he'd need in order to get it off. It would then make more sense as to why he'd come here, to get her forgiveness (and eat her food). He wasn't here to show he was her friend, or because he liked her. That thought depressed her, and somehow Rue's mood seemed to lighten dozenfold.

"An' how's that goin' fer ya?" The question could have been in regard to getting a sandwich, or in regards to getting people to like him again. The teen's own feelings would have to wait for the moment, she had noodles that were starting to boil.

Baneful

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff