Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] What are you in for? ( Bix & Kat ) [FIN] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:37 pm
Bix stared at the apron sadly. This is what he was lowered to? One little stab wound and suddenly he was washing dishes?

No fair.

The lean Sun hunter tied the apron on with a sagging, defeated expression. When they said he was approved for duty, he didn't quite have this in mind. Apparently he wasn't alone.

Next to him there was a girl he only somewhat recognized. He saw the Sun on her coat and was eager to chat, find out what she had done to deserve such crappy duty, but a kitchen worker was now thrusting hairnets into their hands.

"Do something with that.." Their 'boss' nodded to the albino's long braid. "And then I want both of you washing dishes. Someone wash, someone dry and stack." With another withering expression, like a pissed off babysitter, they moved away to some simmering pots.

Bix waited, peeked around his shoulder, and then back to Kat. "Coast is clear for now. What's up... I'm Bix." he offered his hand, the other still clutching a hair net.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:02 pm
By the time Bix had arrived, Kat had already tied her apron on, and was already sweeping up around the kitchen. How she got stuck doing kitchen duty was beyond her. She hated cleaning, especially dishes. Last thing she recalled, she agreed helping out another hunter with something, and then..then she was here. How the hell did this happen? And what had happened to that other hunter that had previously been with her? Had he bailed on her?

Gripping the broom handle with a determination to locate the b*****d after, Kat turned to look at their 'boss' who was already barking out orders. The slave driver. She was about to make a snide remark, and then thought better of it. It would likely end up with them cleaning more than just the dishes. Taking the hair net thrusted at her, she sneered as the man walked off before stuffing the hairnet into her pocket. Gawd..trying to get this much hair into that hairnet was going to be a b***h.

"Good." She answered, dropping the broom almost instantly. She would pick it up again..later. "I remember you, actually. You were there when us 'hatchlings' first woke up, if I recall." Reaching out, she shook his hand before heading over to the pile of dishes gathered. "I'm Katherine."

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:09 pm
Bix was actually trying to loop his braid up to get it into the hairnet. It was definitely a process and by the time he got the hairnet on, it started to pull off slightly from the weight of his braid. He just let it got, the mesh flinging across the room onto the floor.

He side glanced it. Hmmm.. Would they really notice?

"Oh ... OH yeah I was wasn't I? Sorry..." Bix looked sheepish, a bit pink in the face, and rubbed the back of his neck which was slightly burn-scarred. "Full out Katherine or.. ?" He wanted a nickname. Katie? Kate? Kathy? Could be anything!

The 'supervisor' glanced over and Bix jumped to picking up her abandoned broom. He swept and waved until the guy turned back around.

Bix threw it back on the floor. "So what'd you do? To end up here?" He had a sour look on his face all of a sudden.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:23 pm
Kat watched with amusement as the albino hunter struggled to loop his braid up under the hairnet, ultimately failing when the net shot across the room. It was enough raise a little chuckle out of her. "I don't think either of us will be able to get one of those hair nets on. Not unless we want to cut our hair with one of the kitchen knives." She grinned, jabbing her thump at one of the cutting boards behind her. She was obviously joking, but seriously..sometimes, hair could be a real nuisance.

"Its fine. I barely remember what all happened that day anyways. Not to mention, there was a group of us there." Shrugging, she began stacking some of the dirty dishes into a pile before carrying them towards the sink for cleaning. Pausing to look at the hunter, she gave a small shrug. "I mostly go by Kat."

Sticking her tongue out at their boss as he checked in on them, Kat held up a cloth and dish gloves. "Wash, or dry?" She couldn't care which he picked. Both sucked.

How did she end up here? "Good question, I'm still trying to figure that out myself. I think I got tricked into doing someone elses chores though. And you?"

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:34 pm
Kat. Okay. Kat was a good name. Short, 3 letters. Like Bix. He approved.

"I'll wash." Bix pulled up his sleeves and sidled up to the double sink. The dirty side was stacked with dishes that she was now adding to and the other side was empty. He took the sprayer and turned it on, putting in the stopper and drizzling some soap until it started to foam up. "Had to do this at home so I guess I can cope."

When she inquired he pulled a wet finger along the bottom hem of his shirt, lifting it up to show his pale hardened stomach and hip but in the middle was a big white bandage.

"I got stabbed." The shirt was dropped and Bix shrugged. "Haunted House encounter with a reaper. But now I get lame duties since I'm not quite ready for combat."

LividPeas

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:06 pm
Nodding, she handed the gloves to him, keeping the towel for herself. It was amazing how dirty some of these dishes were. Some of the grunge so stuck on, that they would probably have to scrape it off with a blade. "Ah, I've had to wash dishes, but never in this number before." It would take a while to finish all of this.

Glancing over her shoulder when he moved to lift his shirt, Kat turned her full attention to him so that she could get a better look at the wound, or bandage more like. Stab wounds sucked, they hurt like hell. Not to mention, they weren't always clean cut. "Sounds like you had quite the fight then. Still," she folded her arms, narrowing her brow. "shouldn't you be resting or something instead of doing kitchen duty?"

iloveyouDIE

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 7:55 pm
"Apparently I am healed enough for 'duty'." Bix did air quotes before he took the floppy rubbed gloves and pulled them on with a satisfying snap. "I feel like a mad scientist everytime I get to do that.. BWUAHAHAH.." ANOTHER SNAP!

He turned back and start to drop some plates in the water, pulling out the wierdly worn down sponge with a brustley scrubber on the other side. "So yeah you are basically stuck on duty with the current cripple on campus."

That had to feel pretty lame, though he wasn't intending on it. "Let's try to burn through these... and then I will act like I am still washing and we wont's do s**t.. and see how long till this guy notices."

LividPeas

PostPosted: Fri Jul 13, 2012 10:09 am
When he said duty, was he meaning actual combat, or being one of Deus' personal maids? Because, that's how she would feel if she were in his spot. "Well, hopefully your wound will heal up fast enough for you to get back into the real action, eh?" Almost snorting when he pulled the gloves on, Kat moved to stack some of the bowls.

Grimacing at the state of the scrubby, her gaze landed on Bix as he spoke again. "I wouldn't say your a cripple from getting stabbed, really." Grinning, she shook her head, placing the towel down a moment. "Besides, the company is nice. If I got stuck doing this by myself, I would probably have wreaked havoc around Deus." Pausing she picked up the towel again. "I'm sure you'll be healed in not time, too."

Snickering at his suggestion, she gave a simple nod. "Deal."

iloveyouDIE
dffgdszg sorry for the wait! OTL

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:12 pm
Bix began to scrub pots. Honestly he had no idea what sort of nasty stuff they'd been cooking in them but they were just caked with mess. His face screwed up in disgust. "We could go on a cleaning spree of the dorms. Act like it's duty and just terrorize the masses.."

The thought of them with brooms and evil mustaches danced around in his overactive imagination.

Attention fully on the pot he was scrubbing (which was huge btw) he glanced at Kat. Cute girl.. nice body.. Sun hunter. He approved. "So.. Kat.. whats your deal? I'm nosey and talkative so this is what you get. Age? Fave food? Likes and dislikes? Taste in meeen...?" He wiggled his brows.

Yes. He went there.

LividPeas

PostPosted: Mon Jul 16, 2012 5:30 pm
The idea of cleaning the dorms was better than cleaning dishes, that was for certain. If they could get out of washing this pile of grease, she would gladly go clean the dorms. But both..one would have to be very convincing in order to get her to do both cleaning jobs. "Heh, I don't know if terrorizing them would be accurate. Then again, if we did happen to get the dorms all s**c and span, we might cause everyone to die of shock. Since, well..the dorms are in a real sorry state at the moment."

Stacking some of the clean dishes, Kat waited for him to finish cleaning the pot he was tending too. With a little bit of time off of washing dishes, she folded her arms and leaned against the counter. If anyone enjoyed this kind of slave labor, they needed their head checking.

Looking up as he spoke again, the hunter lifted a brow. "Deal?" And then came the bombard of questions. Struggling to keep track of what all questions were asked, the hunter rubbed at the back of her neck. "Uhh..20, coffee if that counts as a food. I love cats, I don't like dogs, and.." she paused, blinking. "I don't have a specific taste in men, at least none that I know of. I haven't ever pursed a relationship, so the answer to this question eludes me.

Okay, your turn."

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2012 7:42 am
Bix glanced back from her to the pot as she filled him in and eventually he pulled it from the water, dumped it, and handed it over.

"Hmmm.." He nodded as he approved of the various things she said. "I'm twenty-two, comic nerd, I usually like women who don't like me back and umm.... Did I say comic nerd? I love comics man." He laughed.

"Really a shame though.. attractive girl like you never pursuing relationships? Didn't you go to college or anything? Or are you one of those types that focuses on work and school and everything else falls by the wayside?" Bix had begun on smaller dishes, plates and bowls. They'd be handed off a lot quicker than the pot would be.

LividPeas
I am also slow! Sorry!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2012 7:05 pm
Taking the pot from her, she readied the towel, but not before making a face over the size of the bloody thing. What did they cook in this? A whole cow?

Laughing, she reached down into the pot, drying what ever water residue was left behind. "Comics, huh? What's your favorite comic?" To be honest, she hadn't really got into any comic book series before. There were a few storylines that sounded interesting, but she never did follow up on checking it out.

Shaking her head at his inquiry, the hunter just shrugged. "No. I only got through high school. Before all this, I lived on my own in a dinky little apartment--it was a nice dinky apartment though. I actually miss it--but of course, rent was still horrendous. So work took priority over everything else. Including relationships. Too much drama, anyways." With the pot set aside, she moved onto the plates and bowls left for her.

iloveyouDIE
I'm slower :U

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:34 pm
"Oh well it's really hard to pick..." Bix laughed a bit and passed along some of the regular dishes. He picked up a few more and scrubbed away. He had the practiced form of someone who may have no owned a dishwasher for a portion of his life. "I mean there's obvious classic comics like the Watchmen.. but I think my more recent fave is The Ultimates." He handed off another. "It's what most of the new Marvel movies are based off of.. in case you didn't know."

NERD ALERT.

"I have plenty of comics in my room. I know its not some people's thing but... reading something new is never a bad thing, right? If you want to check them out."

The albino turned his head to look at her, nodding about the high school to work thing. No shame in that. "What sort of job did you have?"

LividPeas

PostPosted: Tue Jul 31, 2012 2:17 pm
Kat let out a small laugh when he named his favorite comics. "I'm afraid I haven't heard of any of those. I've only heard of a few, really." Shrugging, she set the dishes she finished drying aside and thought over the ones she knew. "And..I can't even remember those." Kat admitted, picking up the dishes again to put them away.

Glancing over her shoulder, the hunter nodded. "Sure, why not? Its a good way to kill some time around here. Any suggestions on which to start with?"

The mention of jobs caused Kat to give a sheepish smile. "Uh..this and that. A few waitressing jobs, parking cars--nothing special. Though, I do miss the discounts on coffee, as well as the coffee. This place kind of lacks in decent coffee.." She sighed, morning the loss of her cafe coffee. "And you? What did you do before all this?"

iloveyouDIE

LividPeas

Tiny Bunny

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:13 am
"The Ultimates! Great place to start.It's like taking the whole marvel universe and restarting it in the 2000's. That way its more relatable." Bix handed over a few more dishes. "Though I could probably talk about comics forever and I am sure you don't wanna hear me geek out."

"Oh I was in school. Last year of college for a bullshit english degree." Bix stared into the dishwater a moment. "I was a computer nerd though just sat on the internet all day. I've uhh.. refocused my efforts." By his toned build he'd obviously turned to training. It wasn't the body of a computer nerd anymore.

"Do you think you made the right choice? Coming here?"

LividPeas

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas