Welcome to Gaia! ::

Yu-Gi-Oh! Duellists of Gaia

Back to Guilds

YDoG is an all TCG guild for all duellists. We also cover the entire Yu-Gi-Oh! games, shows, manga and RPG. 

Tags: Yugioh, Tournament, Duel, Trading Card Game, Anime 

Reply Virtual World
Spirit of the Duelist (long term/in-progress/recruiting) Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yuki Rosaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:02 am
Yu-Gi-Oh! - Spirit of the Duelist

Contents

1. Authour Notes
2. Storyline
3. Rules
4. RP Mechanics
5. Application forms
6. Characters  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:03 am
Authour notes

Yes, my 2nd ever storyline based RP is ready to show to the Gaian masses. After what i learned in making The Rose Cards RP I have made a new RP on my aquired knowledge of RP making, this time i made it less structured with more space for the characters to show thier own development. If you want to run this RP on another guild or anywhere else all you have to do is drop me a PM so i know where my RP is being shown, and all i wish is to show credit for my creation where credit is due.

I hope you all enjoy this roleplay.

Yuki Rosaru  

Yuki Rosaru

Yuki Rosaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:04 am
Storyline

The storyline is set after Battle City (ommit all storyline that comes after the Battle City finals). In an unknown cave deep under the sea level lurks a group known as the Spirit Tamers. Led by Krim Von Lightning, who was once part of Pegasus's archeology team that discovered the truth of the Egyptian history of duel monsters, this group has found a way to bring the cards to life here in the modern world by using shards of an ancient blue rock known as the Spirit Saphire. When a shard of this legendary rock is swallowed by a human, they are able to use thier own body as a vessel for the monster to who's heart matches thier own to reside in. When someone has a monster spirit inside of them they seem the same until they release the power of the monster within themselves and become the monster. The only problem is that a way to remove a spirit is yet to be found willingly.....but thats not to say the Spirit Tamers need it for thier plan.

Though Yuki Rosaru, once one of the most loyal followers of Krim Von Lightning' clan, opposed Von Lightning's plans and ran from the clan with a handful of Spirit Saphire shards. Returning to Domino City, a city known for duelists with the strongest hearts, he lays low as he tries to find duelists to help him....though the Spirit Tamers are still on his trail........  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:05 am
Rules

1. No new millenium items.
2. Origional characters only.
3. People can only become monsters that have the basic form of a human (. ((if your not sure the monster you want to be counts, feel free to ask my via PM or on here))
4. Nobody can have any ritual spells, field spells or spells on the banned, limited or semi-limited list as thier starter spell.
5. Nobody may go the following kind of monsters:
Any monsters with Chaos in the card name. (for storyline purposes)
Any Fiend-Type monsters. (for storyline purposes)
Any monsters on the Banned List.
Any monsters other characters have chosen. (Check the "Monster List" to see which ones have been taken)
Fusion Monsters
Ritual Monsters

Yuki Rosaru

Yuki Rosaru

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:06 am
RP Mechanics

This section is to explain any of the teething problems in making a card game to a real life situation.

ATK points is how strong you are, DEF points is how much damage you can handle without injury. Losing life Points means taking an injury to your character. (cuts, wounds, burns etc.) Just because the card the opponent is possessed by has a higher ATK than you doesn't mean you cannot beat it. Teamwork and stratigizing can make up for missing ATK points. Monster effects are used as a character's special attack.

If someone on your team learns the "Polymerisation" spell then you can fuse with allies into one character for the duration of a tough battle. When this happens let 1 RPer control the character's movements as the other dictates ideas into it's head.

The effects a card states work a little diffrently in the real world, use your own judgement and creativity for coming up with ideas. This is a basic Key:

Draw - A release of spirits/powers/spells from within a person. (as in learning a new spell)
Face Down - Cloaked in the shadows - unable for the characters to see.
Destroyed - Kill the monster/human.
Remove from Play - Remove the monster spirit from the person, keeping the human alive.
Returned to Hand - Blow someone off the battlefield.
Return to Deck - Seal a monster spirit within a person, unable to access the power without "drawing".
Discard - Offer up an item/weapon that is important to you.
Pay life points - Cause yourself to bleed to pay for the cost.

Spell cards are now techniques Monsters can cast in battle. A character starts with 1 normal, continious, equip or quickplay spell, but can learn more as the RP progresses from storyline. Field spells and ritual spells cannot be learned as these are physical things.

Trap cards are as the name suggests - Traps. Set in paths, dungeons etc. to flank the enemies defenses, kill them by surprise etc.

Any more problems use your best judgement, if your still to unsure drop me a PM.  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2006 6:07 am
Application Forms

PM NEW PROFILES TO ME, TITLED "SPIRIT OF THE DUELIST"!!!

Gaian Name:
Character Name:
Monster:
Spells(Only 1 to start with):
Biography:

((NOTE: No need for an appearance, since we know what you look like based on your card))

Characters

Gaian Name: Yuki Rosaru
Character Name: Yuki Rosaru
Monster: Black Magician of Chaos
Spells: Bait Doll, Shrink, Ancient Telescope, De-Spell, Mind Control
Biography: As one of Krim Von Lightning's former top men, he is on the run from the Spirit Tamers after he abandoned them to start a new group. He knows alot of spells, yet is too weak from running to fight much, which is why he is trying to find duelists to assist him in return for him being thier guide to becoming one with the monster in thier spirit.

Gaian Name: Chibi-Kun Kieth
Character Name: Ark Nue
Monster: Gilford the Legend
Spells: Flint
Biography: Ark had been in a card shop, when he eyed something suspicios on the wall...a small, polished blue stone...it almost looked like a piece of hard candy. He had asked the store clerk how much it cost, but never recieved an answer, as he was quickly and feverently pushed out the door after the clerk's face turned to a ghostly white, muttering things under his breath. Now filled with curiosity, Ark stared in the window as the clerk hobbled into the back room, shifting his eyes back and forth. Ark silently stole into the room, catching the bell before it could alert the clerk. Once he had the stone in his hand, Ark left some change on the counter and pushed through the door, not caring how much noise he was making as he ran through the street. (I was hoping I could start the RP in my house continuing from this point, but I could finish if you'd like)

Gaian Name: Oleif
Character Name: Daisuke
Monster: Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke
Spells: Fuhma Shuriken
Biography: Daisuke is a traveler, always looking for a good battle. He plays to learn and always tries to find strategies, suitable for his decks. He loves dueling and therefore rarely says no to a challenge(involving dueling).

Gaian Name: Starshine_Monarch
Character Name: Torutou Iyeisu
Monster: Gearfried the Swordmaster
Spells(Only 1 to start with): Fusion Sword Murasame Blade (Equip)
Biography: Torutou is a Kendo student who loves Duel Monsters. He never lets his sword leave his side. He is skilled at Duel Monsters as well as Kendo, but was eliminated from the Battle City tournament in a very close match. Since then he has looked to the art of warfare to improve his dueling. In toru's mind, the keys to winning any battle is to have the best equipment and to know how to use it to it's maximum potential. Toru is kind to his friends, but utterly and completely merciless to his enemies. His main goal is to be the best Swordsman and Duelist ever and constantly trains to realize this goal.

Gaian Name: SHAID
Character Name: Kabuto Matashi
Monster: Dark Magician (the blue one)
Spells: Dark Magic Attack
Biography: Kabuto couldnt believe his his luck. He managed to obtain five Map Cards in the Battle City tournament, only to be thwarted by some Ocean nut in his first duel. Now, he spent his time in arcades and card shops, playing VR duels and real duels, respectively. One day he decided to wander around town, searching for new card shops. He bumped into a strange man who immediatly recognized his duel skills. "How did he know I'm even a duelist?" he thought. This is where his story begins...

Gaian Name: DarkSageKnight
Character Name: Raitaru (Call me Shadow)
Monster: Sorcerer of Dark Magic
Spells: Ekibyo Drakmord
Biography: ot much is known about me exept that I have never lost a match. Once my duel disk is on there is no stopping me. I have wandered the world looking for a worthy match bet have never found one.

Gaian Name: neonninja
Character Name: Ryan Hasatura
Monster: Elemantal Hero-Avian
Spells: Black Pendant-equip
Biography:Ryan was walking around and saw a blueish stone and picked it up. Ryan thought it would look neat in his room and ran home so he won't get got not doing his homework. On his way home he triped and accidentaly swallowed it.

Monster List:
Dark Magician (blue)
Dark Magician of Chaos
Elemantal Hero-Avian
Gearfried the Swordmaster
Gilford the Legend
Ninja Grandmaster Sasuke
Sorcerer of Dark Magic  

Yuki Rosaru

Yuki Rosaru

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:21 pm
OK, after a month of recruiting we're ready to start! I've sent all entrants a PM. Everyone else is free to sign up as the RP runs.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 3:29 pm
Yuki runs down the street in a torn cloak, he slows down and catchs his breath as he leans against a building. "Seems I lost them....*pant* guess i'm safe for *gasp* now......" He walks slowly down the road, leaning against the building for support. "Not long *pant* need to find strong ones....fast."  

Yuki Rosaru

DarkSageKnight

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 5:40 pm
Wearing my grey cloak i walk down the street and spot Yuki panting... I walk up and ask, "Are you alright?"  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 28, 2006 11:21 am
DarkSageKnight
Wearing my grey cloak i walk down the street and spot Yuki panting... I walk up and ask, "Are you alright?"

I look behind at the guy who ran up, then turned away. "No need to worry i'm fi-" I stop halfway though the scentance as i fall face first on the ground, unconious.

Yuki Rosaru

DarkSageKnight

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 5:35 pm
My eyes roll and i gingerly pick you up.. I carry down the road and into my house... I lay you on the couch and splash some water on you...  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 9:44 pm
Kabuto stood before the great beasts. Lightning shot out in several directions. The Thunder Dragons were easy enought to beat, but he was waiting for something more. He'd get it. The man known only as the White Magical Hat raised his gloved hand into the air as a swirl of energy bagan to form. As the Hat laughed, the dragons looked as if the were being sucked into an empty void, swirling into a quantum singularity. They emerged from the void as a similar beast, but now, it had two heads. Kabuto mearly smirked. Reaching into the card dispenser on his wrist, he pulled out a trap.

"Nice try! Chthonian Polymer!!"

The Twin-Headed Thunder Dragon's eyes grew pale. It's heads swiveled to look at their former master, at the fear and disbelief on his face.

"Who says lightning never stikes twice?" he said with a grin. "Attack!!"

Their mouths opened, and twin bursts of electricity shot forth, anihilating the White Magical Hat. Kabuto walked over and picked up the card he left behind.

"Woohoo!! 35 points for that little trap! Take THAT you Mad Hatter Wannabe!" With that, he saved his game, and exited the VR pod.  

SHAID

Yuki Rosaru

PostPosted: Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:28 pm
DarkSageKnight
My eyes roll and i gingerly pick you up.. I carry down the road and into my house... I lay you on the couch and splash some water on you...

I wake up slowly. As i regain conciousness I sit up and look around, a bit panicy. "Where the hell am I?" I look at you. "Who are you?"  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:05 pm
Ryan got up and said "darn it" and went to his huose. Ryan felt a bit strange while doing his homework, as in something wierd is in his blood stream.  

neonninja

DarkSageKnight

PostPosted: Fri Mar 31, 2006 3:04 pm
Yuki Rosaru
DarkSageKnight

I wake up slowly. As i regain conciousness I sit up and look around, a bit panicy. "Where the hell am I?" I look at you. "Who are you?"
"I am known as Shadow, this is my home."  
Virtual World

Goto Page: 1 2 3 4 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces