Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Open/Private Canon IC RP
[FIN] Damsel in Distress (Sunset's Coda/Illarion/Morsmorde) Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:14 pm
User Image
She was almost home. The past few days had been a blur of confusion for the mare but she had been grateful for the chance to meet her niece and nephew for the first time. Her brother, Ballad, had two wonderful children and she had been able to spend a little bit of time with them. However glad she was though paled in the feelings that washed over her now. Feelings of contentment, knowing that she'd soon be reunited with Illarion had her feeling like the young filly she had once been.

Kicking out with her back hooves Coda almost ended up with a face full of grass but she righted her balance before giving her mane a little shake. Maybe she ought to be more careful of her surroundings. Inhaling deeply the mare identified the scent that she had come to love; that of the sea. Illarion would be waiting for her. She could tell him about her journey and she would know that he'd be excited to hear about it. She smiled softly at the thought of her mate. She couldn't wait to have her own little ones running around. Lost in her thoughts about the future Coda didn't sense that anything could be amiss. She'd soon learn though the error of being careless.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:38 am
User Image

Most soquili were foolish--maybe it was part of their inferior gene pool or blood. Maybe their blood was so dirty that it muddled their brains? Whatever the reason, the girl was completely ignorant of her presence which was good. The star dappled coat, the dark colours...When Morsmordre captured her, she'd fetch a good price. There were always buyers for such kind of "pets".

She'd been in the business for a long, long time. Selling bodies (only of inferior blood, of course) was a lucrative bussiness. There were always buyers for flesh for some sick twisted reason or another. Why did she care for what reason? But she knew a good body, a interesting enough piece of flesh when she saw it.

Violet and dark hair, eyes that shone and twinkled rather than just looked--this was the markings of a good sell. All she had to do was acquire the product now.

She eased forward and out into the opening, smiling devilishly.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 12:50 am
It was the movement out of the corner of her eye that had Coda turning her head quickly to the side. The movement revealed another Soquili to her sight. Had she been too wrapped up in her own thoughts to notice the other? Oh well; there wasn't much she could do to take back the last few moments. Uneasiness settled in her heart though as she got a proper look at the other mare. Something triggered an innate sense of needing to protect herself as she took in the spaded tail and the expression of malice that the other mare wore.

Yellow orbs locked onto her own and Coda felt like she was being looked at and being appraised at the same time. Why did this feeling continue to persist? Taking a small chance Coda placed one hoof forward before trusting her voice not to break.

"Good afternoon."

That was all that she was willing to risk saying at the moment. Something felt off about this scenario. The sense of danger in the air was tangible and Coda was trying to initiate conversation with the possible source. She shook her mane before continuing to watch the other mare.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:38 am
Morsmordre's smile didn't falter, it grew. "You could say that," she almost challenged her. Days were always pretty good for her, better if she found a prize like this or got to wreak havoc on someone. Havoc was always good, always.

The snakes in her hair recoiled and hissed again, slithering a bit more. "It's a pleasure to meet you," she stepped a few paces closer to the mare. She was really a gorgeous specimen, a prime piece of flesh. She'd fetch a good, good price.

"What's your name?" She got closer, within striking difference.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 am
Coda's ear pricked forward at the sound of hissing. Where was it coming from? Subtle movement in the other mare's mane had Coda's eyes widening in surprise. Were those snakes? It couldn't be; could it? As the other mare spoke Coda felt herself tense up. The words were benign enough so what caused her reaction? Her answer to the mare's question popped out rather quickly in response.

"My name ... oh. It's Coda. Sunset's Coda. What about you? What's your name?"

Now why had she done that? It was then that she noticed that although seemingly willing to talk the other mare was sidling closer to her with each passing moment. Coda narrowed her eyes and almost bared her teeth. Her ears went back to show a little bit of displeasure. This encounter almost had her wanting to turn and run the remaining distance to Illarion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 2:27 am
Morsmordre slid a step closer, "Finally realizing I'm a threat, are you?" Her lips parted in a sneer, "Too little, too late." She got circle, almost coiling like a snake. "I'm Morsmordre, and I've come to take you away."

Morsmordre was tall, and strong. Her family had been built big--she was an easy seventeen hands, massive for any female. "I'll kill you, if you don't listen to me...and anyone you love." She moved forward, her teeth bared and her snakes hissing. She meant every word of it, if it came down to it but it would be a pity such a pretty piece of meat was too damaged to sell.

"Are you going to make this easy or not?"  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:12 am
As Morsmordre unveiled her true colors Coda felt something snap inside. The threat against her own safety barely had an impact. It was the implied threat to possibly her family or Illarion that caused her blood to boil. Her gaze grew more calculating. She wasn't versed in the art of fighting but she wasn't going to accept defeat and willingly give herself up to this vile mare.

Her gaze continued to warily watch Morsmordre as she tried to figure out the meaning in her words. The main question that rocketed through her mind was 'why me?' It would continue to distract her if she didn't get it out into the open. However there was the more pressing concern of a potential fight. The other mare was only slightly larger in size but seemed to hold herself with the air of a fighter. Coda only knew a few basic defensive moves and had never really felt the need to practice them.

"What do you mean 'take me away,'" Coda managed to back up a little as she spoke. Her mind was trying to calculate a way out of this mess. She tried to distract Morsmordre with her questions, "take me where?" She bared her own teeth before rearing and flailing her front hooves in an attempt to drive the other mare back. "I think that should answer your question. I'm not going down easily."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 am
She watched Sunset Coda's demeanor change from confused but wary to somewhat angry. Well good, spirited ones always fetched a higher price than the ones you had to break. There were exceptions--depending on the buyer and if it was a matter of broken spirit or just a shy one. But this girl...she'd fetch a hefty price, like selling a piece of the heavens for someone to own. Morsmordre smiled at the idea of it.

The snakes in her hair disentangled themselves and slithered to the ground and over to the other mare. "Are you simple girl? I mean I'm going to take you willingly or forcibly and sell you to the highest bidder."

She watched as the girl bucked up, as if that would scare her. "Oh you'll go easy all right." She lunged at the girl her teeth bared and her back legs kicking out and around at her.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 4:23 pm
Coda had managed to settle back on all four hooves as Morsmordre somehow released something from her hair. Those snakes were actually real? As the creatures slithered across the ground towards her Coda began to back up just a hint. While she was fond of most creatures; reptiles, snakes in particular, were not on her list. Without knowing what damage these serpents could do backing up seemed the wiser choice. With her attention diverted to watching the ground Coda almost didn't catch the movement from Morsmordre. She'd easily dismissed the others words as rambling.

That's when the impact came. The blow hadn't been too hard but it was enough to cause Coda to stumble briefly. She turned her gaze back to Morsmordre before feeling a small stinging sensation along her right shoulder. She chanced a look and couldn't see anything against her dark pelt but something had occurred. Her eyes rose to glare daggers at Morsmordre.

"I will not go with you, understand? No matter how easy of a mark I might seem I will make it real difficult ... and by then I might not be alone anymore."

Coda didn't care if she just revealed that she knew of someone else in the vicinity. She was trying to bluff her way out of this encounter. If she could just hold off this other mare until Illarion might come looking for her. She felt a pang inside at the thought of her mate. Her attention sharpened. She could not let this mare win.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:32 pm
Morsmordre smiled at the mare, "Do you think I care what you think or want? You'll be mine so let's get it over with." She bared her teeth as her snakes slithered around the girl's feet.

How easy it was to worry the simple-minded and impure? Inferior in blood and strength. Her kind were inferior in all ways. It was best that kinds such as she knew what to do with these weaklings. They needed to be put in their place--captured, enslaved, tortured or maybe even killed. They needed to know they were nothing more than property.

She moved swiftly, circling the female like the predator she was. She let out small hisses as she moved, eager to see the mares coat twitch with fear and anticipation. Morsmordre lunged again, her head down attempting to knock Coda over.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:15 pm
Coda was too busy to pay attention to Morsmordre's words. The snakes that the other mare had released from her own hair were busy twirling around her feet. Coda tried stomping her hooves a little to shoo the snakes away. While she didn't care for the creatures she wouldn't harm them if she could help it. Her mind was trying to find a way out of this encounter. With Morsmordre being taller than her it was a risk if she tried running. The other mare could overpower her and then she'd be in real trouble.

How could she get out of this confrontation? Would Illarion realize that she was running late and come look for her?

As Coda was musing over her options she failed to keep her eyes on Morsmordre. She heard the small hissing sounds that the other mare was making and her eyes were slow to realize what was happening. It was the sudden blow to her side which knocked her off balance. She stumbled, trying to right herself and still avoid the creatures at her feet. The strength of the blow was expected but the results were not. Coda felt the tide of the battle shift against her. "No!!" A strangled shout erupted from her throat. It wasn't a cry for help nor a battle cry. It was noise that she hoped would distract Morsmordre and maybe bring help. But would it come in time? Already she was in a predicament.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:43 am
Morsmordre let out a low hiss, the snakes slithering up her legs and back into her hair as she moved about. The mare was down, and out. Or at least down and out at least. She dug her hooves in and lunged forward bearing her teeth, "Be quiet wretch!"

She considered what to do, and how to get her away. She lunged down, "Shut up." She stretched out her neck, grabbing for the other mare's hair. She would drag her away bodily if she had to. She'd get her away from here.  

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:49 am
Illarion stood in the waves, watching the water lap up around him. Coda should be home anytime now. He had expected her earlier actually...

He missed her like one misses seaweed or sunshine. He needed her like one needs air or water. She was that essential to his life. He was ready for having a future with her--he was ready for children.

He hated waiting for her, and he hated when she went off by herself but he let her because he loved her. His heart ached every moment while she was gone. Sometimes, he thought he could hear her voice catching on the wind.

Just like now...He closed his eyes and listened.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:24 pm
The fact that Morsmordre had ordered her to be quiet was making the appeal of calling out loudly rather appealing to Coda. She knew that if she were to submit now that the chance of ever finding Illarion again would grow even slimmer. She'd be trapped in a nightmare if she didn't resist now. She channeled her emotions of rage in order to rise shakily to her feet. Just because she was on her feet though it did not guarantee her any reprieves.

An involuntary cry of pain escaped her as she felt Morsmordre's teeth catch and pull on her mane. That had hurt. She gave the mare a cold stare with her pale eyes before trying to pull away gently. Nothing doing. The move only increased the pressure and the flare of pain that lanced through her brain. Fine ... if struggling wouldn't work ... surely speech would. A change seemingly washed over her as she suddenly ceased her motions. Her hooves dug into the ground for one last attempt at silent refusal. She evened her breathing before sucking in a large bellyful of air. The word that she let loose was loud and tinged with just a little of the panic she was trying to hide.

"ILLARION!"

Would he hear? Coda could only hope that he would. The shout would probably bring about some form of retribution from the mare beside her.

tefla

Enigmatic Star

19,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Bookworm 100

Nyx Queen of Darkness
Crew

Devout Bloodsucker

28,200 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Medalist 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2012 8:51 pm
Morsmordre saw her suck in the air, knew what she intended but did not have enough time to stop her. The girl bellowed out a name--a simple name. She could feel her blood boiling, and she lashed out with her hooves at the girl while trying to keep a hold on the girl.

"Foolish girl, I should kill you. But I'll just kill him instead..." Her heart pumped harder as she got ready for whoever was coming. She was more than capable of defending herself and she had something he wanted. She didn't intend to leave without her prize.  
Open/Private Canon IC RP

Goto Page: 1 2 3 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff