Kuhesh stuck his head down into the den he'd left Amu resting in. When he'd gone to scout ahead she'd been sleeping, he thought. Hopefully that was still the case. He'd run into a male, named Ohitekah, a short ways away, and after some discussion he had learned that there was a pride nearby, and one they possibly could shelter in.

Distantly he'd wondered if he would be acceptable--he had no doubt Amu would be. "Amu? Wake up...I found someone. And a pride." He still felt bad for dragging her into the wilds. Hopefully the pride would appeal to her. "Come on...get up! Please..."

When her mate had elected to scout ahead this morning, Amu had taken the opportunity to sleep in just a bit. It had been a long time since she'd last indulged in the chance to do so - between tending to eleven children and the death of the Aali'makabila she'd had more than enough to keep her busy. But one by one her children had departed to seek their own paths, until at last it was only she and her mate. And though she had certainly been sad to see them go, she enjoyed the newfound peace that had settled between them as they sought out a new home.

One ear twitched upward when she heard Kuhesh's voice, and she indulged in a languid stretch before she lifted her head to glance at him. "I'm getting up, dear. Just give me a moment." And true to her word she was indeed getting to her paws, easing the sleep from muscle and bone before stepping over to give her mate a playful headbutt. "Now what's this about a pride?"

He was happy to hear his mate still waking. He hadn't wanted her to stir, find him gone, and worry. She was too strong to fear for herself, he knew, but maybe she'd worry after him. He'd hate to cause her that worry. "About time," He grouched, though by now she surely knew he meant it as a fond, playful jab. "And yes, a pride. The Ela'Wadiyi. Heard of them? I haven't. But I found them. And a male named Ohi..Ohita...Oh-something. He said if we pleased their leader, they would shelter us." And possibly let them stay. Then again, he didn't know if he wanted to stay yet.

He wanted to learn more first, but not without his Amu. "Sound interesting? If not, I'll send him packing, and we're off. But...it might be nice to find a place we can stop at. I don't want you to become tired."

"I'm entitled to a little laziness every so often, you big brute," Amu replied playfully, oh-so-casually flipping her tail into her mate's face as she brushed past him. She was quick to sit down in the sun, briefly grooming her paws and face while she listened to Kuhesh. It took all her self control not to giggle at his difficulty with the other lion's name, but she allowed an amused smile to crack on her lips. "I can't say I've heard of the pride before... But it's worth a look. How are we to find a new home if we don't give each pride a fair chance?"

He harrumphed as he got a mouthful of tail. Lovely. He attempted to return the favor, flicking his tail out, but he missed by a wide mile, leaving him frowning and sulking after his sweetheart. "I know. That's why I want to find us a home. This roaming life is trying, and dangerous. And I worry for you." Sure, she could handle herself, but he was still entitled to worry over his mate, wasn't he?

"You're right, as always. The male seemed kind enough. I'd like to think the pride will be well suited for us. I noticed a small ridge of mountains a little north of here. Perhaps their lands will range as far." He didn't say it, but the tone of his voice made it clear that he hoped this news would please her. He wanted her to feel at home, and for her before home had meant mountains. That was part of why he thought this might just be the spot to stay.

"Have you ever considered that there is a slim chance you might just worry a little bit too much at times?" Amu asked softly, shifting to give Kuhesh an affectionate lick. Of course she loved just how much he considered her, and the mention of mountains was enough to make her heart flutter. That he'd even thought to mention it... Oh, how lucky she was to have a mate who understood just what the familiar shadow of a mountain across the land could mean to her. "Perhaps... This male you met would be the one to ask about that, wouldn't he?"

He scoffed. "Of course not." Someone had to take care of her, didn't they? He knew he'd been in the wrong to approach her to be his mate (though perhaps it'd been her that had come to him...) His soul was still in danger, and likely hers was too now, just by staying near him. He couldn't resist his mortal urges, but he knew one day he would have to pay for them. Even after all these years, he clung to bits of his home pride's myths that named him cursed. But he would do what he could to spare Amu, or make her life with him rewarding enough to be worth whatever punishment they had coming.

"Perhaps. He said something about a leader. And clans. I gather the pride itself is a collection of smaller groups. That sounds similar to what you...we...were used to. Hmm?"

Amu rolled her eyes briefly at Kuhesh's reply, getting to her paws once again for one last stretch. She loved her mate dearly, but sometimes he worried just a bit too much. She wished there was an easy way to soothe him, but with his past... Well, it was going to be a long, hard road if she ever did manage to succeed. And it was definitely one she was willing to stick it out for. She shifted slightly then, nudging her mate briefly and offering him a quick smile. "It sounds lovely, Kuhesh. I'd be happy to go and see it with you. Now must we get going now, or do I have time for a quick meal first?"

Kuhesh couldn't help but feel his heart warm just a bit in response to his mate's fond words. How'd he ever won such a creature? He'd nothing nothing worthy of the love she gave him. He could only try to do better, and provide what he could. "I imagine you've got time. A pride that wouldn't wait to let a lioness fill her belly...well. It'd say something of rudeness." And he'd brook no rudeness aimed at his dear Amu. "Perhaps we could take a long way around back to Oh-something and see what we find on the way. Get you something fresh. That sound good?"

"That sounds perfect. Maybe we can make a little game out of it. See who can catch the tastiest morsel before we get to this lion whose name you can't seem to get right," Amu teased, playfully nudging at Kuhesh's shoulder before padding off. She continued on a short ways, ignoring the fact that she technically didn't know where they were going. After a long moment she paused just enough to glance over her shoulder, a glint of humor in her eyes. "Well? Are you coming or not?"