Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Occult Research Society

Back to Guilds

A guild devoted to the study of the occult, in all its forms. 

Tags: Magick, Psionics, Supernatural, Paranormal, Occult 

Reply The Occult Research Society
whoosh whoosh....

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:43 am
What do you guys know of Azazel? Any thoughts?

What do you think of him?

And... ummm... what do you guys know of bonding contracts? Or any kind of contracts? If one was to have made a contract from a long time ago and the such.... what do you think?

Is it dangerous to make a contract with a higher being/spirit?

sweatdrop

Thanks for reading...

please do comment... ^^  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 8:52 pm
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

And... ummm... what do you guys know of bonding contracts? Or any kind of contracts? If one was to have made a contract from a long time ago and the such.... what do you think?

sweatdrop

Thanks for reading...

please do comment... ^^

I was reading in this book:

Encyclopedia of Sprits

I don't know how accurate it is or isn't, but it does speak about contracts a bit in it. This preview doesn't show the spirits starting with the letter A (at least not that I could see) so, no Azazel, and I don't have a copy of this book. Never read it other than part of this preview, so I can't say if the fully copy has him or not.  

Gandalf_the_Girl

3,100 Points
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Dressed Up 200

BSPBleach

Proxy Gaian

8,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 9:11 pm
never heard of him i'm afraid. then again, my studies revolved around vampirism and lycanthropy.......
however bonds on contracts i did look into awhile ago. i personally find them to be dangerous. i think dealing with spirits in general is dangerous.....you'd have to be pretty secure in the nature of the spirit to deal with it.

i don't think i'm conveying my meaning well.......
if you knew the spirit well enough to know how to handle it, or what to expect, i think it'd be ok to do summonings or whatever. i don't know if it would make bonds/contracts any better though.

bonds and contracts are a little different from what i've read. bonds can't usually be broken while contracts are full of terms. just like normal contracts. i think contracts are safer than bonds because of this. as long as you're smart.....

yup. that's all.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:15 pm
Gandalf_the_Girl
Sleeping Shrine Maiden

sweatdrop

Thanks for reading...

please do comment... ^^

I was reading in this book:

Encyclopedia of Sprits

I don't know how accurate it is or isn't, but it does speak about contracts a bit in it. This preview doesn't show the spirits starting with the letter A (at least not that I could see) so, no Azazel, and I don't have a copy of this book. Never read it other than part of this preview, so I can't say if the fully copy has him or not.

I see. Well, thank you for the info though. =)
I'll look into it and see..  

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:18 pm
BSPBleach
never heard of him i'm afraid. then again, my studies revolved around vampirism and lycanthropy.......
however bonds on contracts i did look into awhile ago. i personally find them to be dangerous. i think dealing with spirits in general is dangerous.....you'd have to be pretty secure in the nature of the spirit to deal with it.

i don't think i'm conveying my meaning well.......
if you knew the spirit well enough to know how to handle it, or what to expect, i think it'd be ok to do summonings or whatever. i don't know if it would make bonds/contracts any better though.

bonds and contracts are a little different from what i've read. bonds can't usually be broken while contracts are full of terms. just like normal contracts. i think contracts are safer than bonds because of this. as long as you're smart.....

yup. that's all.

Oh? I see.. that's alright. Well thank you for putting in your opinion.

Ha, well i know that already. But how interesting...

Mmhmm. Well, thank you! 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 6:07 pm
In my experience, contracts are unnecessary. The Book of Black Magic by A.E. Waite has a pretty good breakdown of contracts with spirits and also a decent list of individual spirits and their attributes.

I've never had to make a contract to get what I want. It comes down to compulsion.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:02 am
Obscurus
In my experience, contracts are unnecessary. The Book of Black Magic by A.E. Waite has a pretty good breakdown of contracts with spirits and also a decent list of individual spirits and their attributes.

I've never had to make a contract to get what I want. It comes down to compulsion.

oh? Hmmm that sounds like an interesting book... >.< i'll have to read it when i ever get to it.. somehow.. sweatdrop

I see. Compulsion huh? Does that work better for you?  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 6:44 pm
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Obscurus

oh? Hmmm that sounds like an interesting book... >.< i'll have to read it when i ever get to it.. somehow.. sweatdrop

Using Divine Authority to get what you want is the preferred way of evoking. I can't see any reason to even try the contract method.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100

Breakfast Sex

Romantic Lunatic

10,050 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Megathread 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:07 pm
Obscurus
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Obscurus

Using Divine Authority to get what you want is the preferred way of evoking. I can't see any reason to even try the contract method.

I suppose. I was merely curious is all... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 7:09 pm
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Obscurus
Sleeping Shrine Maiden
Obscurus

I suppose. I was merely curious is all... sweatdrop

No worries.  

Obscurus

Otherworldly Foe

18,575 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Big Tipper 100
The Occult Research Society

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash