Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:00 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Salma was quite surprised at how much her little idea had grown. There were many keepers now, and it was always busy to keep up with the demand. Though they were not gaining as many visitors as she may hope for, Salma knew that the word was still getting out that the Ulili-Mlindaji was a place to give thanks to the gods. She herself did not worship any of them, she merely wanted to thank them for what they did. Others who came here may pray for their help, or pray to more 'negative' gods to keep out of their lives. It didn't much matter to her, as long as everyone came and went in peace.

At the moment, though, there seemed to be enough of an influx that she was hving a hard time remembering everyone's name and position! So she gathered up those new faces, and was hoping to get to know them a bit more, and what they desired to get out of living within these lands.

"Welcome, everyone. If you could all approach me, one by one, and give me your name as well as the job you'd like, I'll make sure to settle you into the right area for you."

((Ok, so I have quite a few SoA myself that I want to recert for the pride, but didn't want to do a giant SRP, so...here! I'm sure there are some people needing a JRP as well, so this is a good place to do it! As soon as your post is done, you should be good to get recerted. smile ))  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:18 pm
Marina came up to Salama, bashful, thankful, and with a shy smile. When she had initially stumbled upon the fringes of the land, she could no longer deny that she was pregnant - the result of a series of events that were still abit blurry to her memory - and decided that the safety of a pride was what her children needed if they were to grow up with out a father. Not long after entering the lands her cubs were born.

"Leader Salma, I am Marina. I arrived some time ago pregnant, and not long after birthed my cubs - Minthaniel, Thulile, Colwyn, and Setsine - here. I am more than willing to do the job of huntress."  

OP-Yuna

Crew

Dulcet Scarface

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:21 pm
Korongo's old body had a hard time with this migration. Most of the family decided to stay together, but they needed to find a nice, quiet home for the clan as well. Eventually they settled on this land, but it was hard for everyone to gather together. He and his mate were old enough that they were a bit of an inbetween, and would be guides for a very limited area.

Kweu was happy that her family was still together even after the move, and she was a bit excited to start over in a new land, even if she was too old to do much of anything but sit and look around. Still, between her and Korongo they would putt what weight they could, and otherwise they would sit around and watch over the youngsters. Korongo was going to have a hard time dealing with non-lions, but he was too old to cause too much trouble, and for that Kweu was thankful.

"Leader Salma," Kewu began, speaking for the both of them. "I am Kweu'dhulu, and this is my mate, Korongo'weusi. Between the two of us we will be part-time guides, and we are thankful to have a pride to belong to once more."

A little grumbling from Korongo (as he once was a king, very long ago), but all was well between the two of them.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:15 am
Sibylla was not exactly a new face, she had been around the pride for quite some time now.. but she was very interested in new faces. She had stumbled upon the pride and, with Circe's help, had found a way to soothe her worries about losing touch with Insanity entirely. She had hoped other former pride mates to appear, and while some had.. it wasn't quite how she imagined it. But she wasn't ready to give up.

She was staying out of the main crowd but was watching carefully. There was quite the colorful bunch arriving now, she noticed, but none of them looked terribly familiar..

With a sigh, she glanced around. It was strange that Circe wasn't around for this, she was always around. At least she had something to keep her busy, watching everybody introduce themselves.

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

wooga Paes

Shirtless Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 7:06 pm
It wasn't that Tefu was very new. He was usually a very timid guy, keeping to himself, and all. He took care of the shrine dedicated to Love, and welcomed the visitors, an was all around a good keeper. But he avoided situations with too many people!

Still, sometimes something happened with him. Sometimes, he was bit by the silly-monster. and the silly-monster, well, it made him do weird things. Usually immediately after acting under the influence of ridiculousness, Tefu would feel quite embarrassed! Even if it was always rather tame.

So when Salma asked for newcomers to come up and say their names, he toddled up, feeling particularly daring for doing something so dumb. "I'm Tefu'fuadi!" Get it? He was introducing himself, like he was new! But he wasn't new! What a lark! "May I be a keeper?" O-hoo-hoo, so hilarious!

Oh geez, what are you doing, Tefu?!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 3:19 pm
Amkia was tired of wandering all over the place. It hadn't bothered her very much when she was young, but the older she got, the less she liked it - not that she was actually old, she was just...not especially young anymore. Then, travelling had been exciting, as she'd been following her mother, but then she'd had children and settled down. If it had been up to her, that would have been the end of it, but then she'd been uprooted.

She'd gotten used to having a home, and hadn't liked the abrupt return to rogue life - and by herself, this time. Eventually, she had found her way here, and determined it to be a fitting place, one where she could be useful. She could serve her mother's domain in less daring ways than she once had.

When it was her turn, she stepped forward and inclined her head politely to the leader. "I am Amkia, and I wish to serve as a Keeper."

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:47 pm
This was so exciting! Bashasha hadn't been around anywhere near this many other creatures, except for her family...well, ever. Unlike her mate, she'd never been a part of any group. She was looking forward to it, though! The wild dog soon stepped forward with a wag of her tail and a very canine wriggle, smiling up at the lioness who was the leader of the pride.

"I'm Bashasha, and I'd like to be a Huntress! I don't have sharp claws like you, but I'm good, really." She then turned back to look at the lion who'd accompanied her, and gestured for him to join her.

Jibwa'jamani did so, clearing his throat before speaking himself. He took a moment, also, to regard Salma with a touch of curiosity something about her seemed vaguely familiar, but he couldn't place it, and so dismissed it for the moment.

The former swampie's tone was much more level, and almost quiet. "My name is Jibwa'jamani, and I could be a Shifter...or whatever you need, really."

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:56 pm
On the heels of their parents came two adolescents, one a wild dog and one a lioness. Giggling and all but leaning on her larger 'sibling,' the wild dog was the first to speak, her voice bright. "I'm Safi, Safi'ubele, and this is Asante! I want to be Guide, and she wants to be a Carver! Isn't that right, Te?"

"I can talk too, you know," Asante grumbled, "If you'd let me." She wasn't really cross, though, and bumped her sister playfully. "I do want to be a Carver, though."  

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 8:12 pm
Fiore understood better than anyone else that he was getting on in years, even if he wasn't keen on accepting it. Travelling was hard on the joints, and the constant flow of the landscape quickly tired him out. Couple that with the fact that he couldn't see his closest companion anymore, and well...he'd begun to feel rather lonely.

At first, he had been skeptical of the area, but it hadn't taken him long to warm up to it's occupants. Having others to talk to was a blessing, and putting in an honest days work filled him with pride. When it came around to him, Fiore stepped forward with a beaming smile. "Pleasant day, isn't it?" He bowed his head. "My name is Fiore, and I would like to take up the role of a Carver."

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:00 pm
Zuri'ramla never would have guessed how her life had turned out. A quest to find her sister to bring her back home to be put to death...somehow the entire thing falling apart...cubs along the way. A new home, that new home lost, and now they finally reached what would hopefully be their resting grounds. It had been a very interesting life, and Zuri only hoped that it would remain quiet, as annoying as her grumpy ancient father got.

"My name is Zuri'ramla. I don't have many skills, but I would like to work as a carver for now."

Barafu'malkia followed after her sister, her paws carefully stepping up towards the leader. She was so young, and Bara found it strange to apply herself to another pride, another home, one that her family thankfully didn't control. As long as she could keep her parents and her niece under control, everything would be ok.

"I am Zuri's sister, Barafu'malkia. I would love to work as a keeper, of snow or ice, if you don't mind."

Slipping just past his mate, Ishida also nodded to the leader. "I am Bara's mate, Ishida. Such a large family coming to help you," he chuckled. "I would love to work as a guard, as that is what I do best."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:09 pm
Mithali was following along in the midst of the large group that made up his family. Perhaps he ought to have stayed nearer the back where he could keep an eye on everybody, especially his parents, but he was to take this step towards something resembling stability once again. Ishida's request to become a guard pushed him to come forward.

"Me as well," he said, following closely behind his elder relatives, "My name is Mithali, Zuri is my grandmother."

Now it felt too obvious that they were going out of order and it might have bothered him normally. He ought to have waited for his parents to speak first but he refused to look guilty about it. He was eager and that was most apparent.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:17 pm
Tahari walked slowly after her son. The move had been interesting, though with much work with Valerius her stong visions were somewhat under control. If she felt a strong one coming on, she at least had time to warn her family before she went into convulsions. She felt useless, so she wasn't sure what she could really do for this pride.

"I'm Tahari," she answered as calmly as she could. "I have issues, so I'm not sure what I could do..."

Valerius bumped into his mate, approaching the brown lioness leader. "I think the two of us could work on keeping a shrine together, if that's ok with you. It would perhaps be the best situation for us," he said with a happy smile.

Salika bounced in after her parents, an utter bundle of happiness. Everything was awesome! Nearly the entire family was all together, and they would keep being all together in this new pride. She was a little too excited right now, but she would probably calm down later. "I'm Salika!"

Kimbunga-ausi brought up the end of the family group, his head bobbing to the rhythm of his paws. "I'm Ausi," he said, feeling too lazy to say his entire name. "I'd love to work as a guard, like my pops."  

Safaia

Crew

Trickster

Ecavi

Crew

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 9:46 pm
Near the back of the general crowd, looking wary of the large orange and blue family that started their introductions, was Makail. Since the disbanding of his pride, he felt a great deal of guilt. He was supposed to be a leader, keep them together and serving the greater purpose they were all so dedicated to. Now that they were here, it was amazing to think he had managed to keep following them. He could barely look at them without seeing how he failed an entire family, and the worst of it was that they were not the only one. Since their arrival, he had decided it was the right choice and that he could find a way to make up for what happened here.. but he struggled with publicly announcing his intentions. That struggle only helped to highlight how the loss had changed him.

With that in mind, he waited so he would not immediately follow his former pridemates but stepped up to Salma looking as sincere and decisive as he could muster.

"My name is Makail," he said, "I would like to be keeper of a shrine for Duty."

While his voice sounded more confident than he felt, it was the start of a fight against his guilt and despair. And that was what he needed more than anything.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 14, 2012 4:27 pm
Setia'Satu had been here for a short time now, but much to her displeasure she kept missing opportunities to visit and spend time with others. The vividly-colored wild dog female smiled as she looked around at the rest of the gathering, pleased to finally have the opportunity to visit with her neighbors and her leader, and to formally declare her desire for a job.

As her turn approached, she found herself wondering a little about all of the others gathered here. How had they come here? What had brought them to this place? Their stories must have been interesting - were any of them lonely? Did any of them leave families behind to come here? She couldn't help but wonder... And oh, goodness, was it her turn already?

"Oh oh hello, I'm Setia'Satu. I was.... hoping to be keeper of a shrine for Family."

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

~Kiana_Nala~

Romantic Raider

PostPosted: Sun Dec 23, 2012 3:06 pm
Visola and her family had made a long trek to the "land of the gods" or so her little brain liked to think of it. Although, she knew full well that this was a place to worship but that didn't stop her from believing that most of the gods lived here. Then again, she also believed that faeries existed. Today Visola had wandered off from her parents and found herself among a group of newcomers like herself, each one stating their name and their desired position. Was she supposed to do that too? Well she was going to anyways. "My name is Visola!" She grinned happily as she took a moment to think about her position. What did she want to be? After another moment and a lot of hmms and umms Visola replied a little louder and happier. "Guide! I wanna be a guide!"

It was like with that one answer she felt like she had finally made her place in the pride. Maybe that's because she had. In either case, the little cub was happy and excited to work her way up to her desired position. It would take a lot of time and hard work, but Visola wasn't going to give in one bit.

[IC] Ulili-Mlindaji Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff