Welcome to Gaia! ::

Matope

Back to Guilds

 

Tags: matope, kimeti, pets, breedables, Role-playing 

Reply Roleplaying
[S-ORP]The Glade[Come on in, meet my Kin~!] Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 8:14 pm
The Layout
Welcome to the Glade. This little section of the swamp is actually not so very little- it could easily shelter thirty or so kin comfortably. Flowing Freely often can be found tending her Raspberry and blueberry bushes, as well as a few herbs that taste good, and is always looking for more berry seeds to start growing. She also digs out the spring-fed pond that is on the northern edge of the glade, expanding it to ensure it can always support more Kin. It currently has a small population of fish, and they seem to be spawning well in the fresh, clean waters. The raspberry and blueberry bushes are along the western edge of the pond, and seem to be well-cared for. To the eastern edge of the pond can be found the trees from which Dream's Desires hangs his kills from scavenged vines, with crudely tied knots, to keep other creatures away from them. Gathered twigs and branches for the fire are kept to the south of that. Towards the center, in a circular fashion, Snaptwig has cultivated soft moss beds, each one big enough for two kin, around Dream's improvised stone fire pit, with a flame that is never allowed to go out.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Flowing Freely, the settler of the glade- my first Kimeti. She is a quietly playful soul who cares deeply for her fellow kin. She has no current mate. She was originally a wandering doe, but found this glade, with a raspberry and blueberry bush, and decided it was a sign from the FatherMother. She settled in, and began to harvest and cultivate the berries and a few other plants that she found there.

Status: Here
[color=#a3070c][/color]


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Harm Undone is a flirtatious buck, and the second to stumble into the glade. He became fast friends with the female who was there, tending to the plants, and began to help her dig out pools for fish, showing her how to transport fish using crudely made bowls of wood. Though he often wanders off in search of other does, he always returns to the glade. He views Free as a sister, and a great companion.

Status: Here
[color=#d6a098][/color]


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Snap Twig is the third settler, and an extremely curious, friendly doe. She will follow her first impulses strongly, and can be considered stupidly brave- she'll stick her nose into all sorts of odd places. Including, but not limited to: a caimen's nest, a wasp's home, a foxbun's birthing den, and a glade that seems to be lived in and loved. It is this doe who started making the soft moss beds for the dwellers there.

Status: Here
[color=#2fc296][/color]


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dream's Desires is a very odd buck. He wandered into the glade one night, and, after a strange series of events, decided to make it his home. He often brings home kills, and his small foxbun companion has been trained to carry grass embers to make small fires. He set up a small fire pit, and ensured that the others knew how to feed it properly, so they always have light to sleep by.

Status:

Dream's Desires: Here




Descent into Nightmare: Here

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
[color=#3179b0][/color]


User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Abandons Fear isn't really a member of the Glade. It's more like he visits on occasion, remains silent the entire time, and watches everyone else watch him. He kind of creeps them out, even Dream's Desires, but his hawk drops gifts for them whenever he arrives and departs.

Status:

Abandons Fear: Here

Dead Eyes: Here
User Image

[color=#545b7a][/color]
 
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 9:36 pm
This place... It was so beautiful. Flowing Freely's slightly glowing golden eyes peered about the clearing she'd stumbled upon, with a small lake that pooled nearby, sedate and small. It could support a good number of kin- it seemed to be coming from a fresh-water spring in the bottom. There were many different flowers and mosses and reeds around the pool. Free moved closer to the pool, and dipped her travel-weary hooves into the cool water, and leaned down to sip at the sweet, sweet water.

Lifting her head quietly, Free pondered the area, thinking it seemed very serene, very isolated from the rest of the swamp. She took another sip, and caught a bit of color nearby, lifting her head again and slowly peering about, her beautiful blue markings glistening in the sunlight that was filtered through the tall trees. The color there. Blueberries! And... oh, those were raspberries, the two bushes twinned together. Free loved those... and this place... it was so pretty, and the food was perfect... Free wanted to stay here in that instant. She moved closer to them, to eat quietly, grinning. It would take some time, but some of these berries had gone to seed- perhaps she could cultivate them. She started to look around, and smiled lightly, moving to go to sleep...

---------------------------------------A few Months Later---------------------------------------

Free had finally, finally had her labor come to fruition- her first berries had come up, and seemed to be doing well- the first berries had just started to turn colors to indicate ripeness, and she was happy with her place... but it was so lonely in this area...
 

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:00 pm
This place. It was nothing like the desert- the sand and land itself seemed saturated with water- more water than he'd seen in his life prior to coming to the Swamp, and he'd been wandering about... somewhat lonely. He hadn't seen any Acha, any Kimeti... Nothing. He was a socialite even by Acha standards, and this loneliness was... driving him mad. He lifted his ears and listened quietly, hearing some water nearby. He was a bit thirsty, and headed towards the sound, expecting to see a simply lake or small river.

The sight that greeted him was stranger than he'd expected. A thicker-looking creature, a doe of some sort, he could tell, and she seemed... to be tending a series of plants in a row, what he thought was food, humming softly to herself. He moved closer, and spoke up.

"Hello, beautiful... Do you speak my language?" Harm spoke softly, delicate hooves picking his way gingerly closer to her. She seemed to be startled by his voice, and turned to look at him quietly, showing golden, slightly glowing eyes, and an odd pattern of scales on her face. Were all Kimeti does like this? They had more substance, it seemed, than acha does...
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:40 pm
Flowing Freely had been enjoying some peace and quiet in her home of only a few months, tending to her plants quietly, enjoying the sound of birdsong and the light trickle of water. It was peace incarnate.

Until a buck's voice, smooth as water over moss stone, intruded on her thoughts. She turned around, fully expecting a male of her own kind. What greeted her was a strange, slender, pink buck, with four horns, and scales on his back. "Oh… hello! Welcome to my glade, newcomer… Are… Forgive me this, but are you an Acha?" she asked quietly, almost bashfully, peering at him as she moved closer.
 

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:44 pm
Harm chuckled lightly at the bashfully asked question, and then stepped closer, smiling at her, and then moving past her, to the water, taking a sip. This pool was empty… lifeless. He sighed, and lifted his head, and turning towards Freely Flowing, and then spoke up. "Why don't you have fish in this, hun? It'd be an excellent source of food…" he murmured, and then set to work digging the pool a little deeper, and searching out fallen, partially hollowed tree boughs. He took some time breaking them down to size, then testing them, scooping up water. Where it leaked, he dragged the branch chunks through the some grey mud, and set them out to dry in the sun. When no water leaked out, he scooped up water, and set the bowls onto the ground. "Is there a nearby river? I could teach you how to catch fish, and stick them in these bowls…and then we can put them in the pool," Harm spoke softly.

Flowing Freely had watched him after his suggestion of getting fish for the small pond. His actions baffled her a bit. When he was finished making two bowls, she moved closer, to pick one up as he did, and nodded slowly. She lead him to a river, and watched as he stepped in quietly, and stayed completely still until a fish approached, nibbling at his hooves. He dipped his head in… and caught it by its tail, quickly dropping it into the bowl, and then tearing out a few water weeds, placing them in the other. They went back to the glade, where he first planted the water weeds, and then released the fish into the pool. "Can you… teach me how to do that?" Free asked, and he nodded, grinning. "Alright… you can stay here as you'd like…"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:46 pm
Snaptwig had been… so bored. Nothing new, nothing entertaining, no kimeti or acha or anything interesting. She sighed slightly, red-on-black eyes peering about quietly, and then… pausing on several oddly… organized bushes, berry bushes. Then, a splash! Snap's ears flicked forward, and the doe moved towards the sound, curious, eyes wide. This place… it seemed to be a home of some sort, with a pond… was that a fish? Yes, a fish! And it seemed to be stuck half-in, half-out of the small pond. Moving quickly, Snap nudged the fish gently into the water, and smiled at it as it swam around quickly. "There you go, little buddy…" she murmured softly.  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:50 pm
Harm had been out and about, exploring and looking for pretty does. He'd had no luck, but…what was this? A lovely, unfamiliar blue-green doe with bright green and red markings. "Hello, hello beautiful… My, you have some lovely markings… What's your name, sweetie..?" he asked, and she told him. "Hm.. Snaptwig… a good name for a curious doe. Hey, Free! Free, my friend! Come here!" he called to the the doe, who'd been hiding by her bushes, watching and nibbling at a few berries quietly.

Free looked to the new doe and the male who'd been living in the glade with her for a few weeks now. She felt her shyness kicking in… and delicately picked her way closer, frowning a bit. "Hello, Snaptwig…" she murmured softly, and then spoke softly. "I… I am Flowing Freely. This is our glade… if you'd like, and are willing to contribute to this place, to make it more comfortable and welcoming to all kin… you may stay here, with us…"  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:54 pm
Snap smiled at the doe who welcomed her after stepping out and telling her she could stay with them, enjoying them. These two, while an odd pair, seemed to have an easy-going relationship. She was curious about how they had come to be together. She grinned, and then moved closer, and nodding. She looked around the place, and smiled- it was big enough for plenty of kin to live here, although… there was no place to lie down or rest comfortably. Over the next few days, she would gather up moss, and spread them on a few areas, carefully making soft, spongy beds, easily big enough for two kin to sleep by each other comfortably, five beds- three for them, and two for any guests they could have.  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:55 pm
A twitchy, black nose scented the air, short ears swiveling about as pure red eyes peer about a wide, open area, night scents hanging in the air. Cautiously, the small, furry creature hopped forward, head low, stepping carefully to avoid stepping on any dirt or making any noise. Its odd, purple and blue on black fur glistened and rippled in the moonlight. Behind the foxbun, a tall, odd-horned buck with a dark coat, accentuated by butterfly wing-like markings down his body, panes with beautiful markings with purple and blue, with some star-like markings on his charcoal hide. Glowing red eyes peered about the moonlit clearing, obscured partially by a long, messy black mane, which he tossed out of his eyes. He moved quietly to the water, and sipped, watching the three sleeping figures nearby, warily. He didn't want to wake them… But his foxbun had another idea. It hopped into the water, making a loud splash, trying to chase the fish.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:04 pm
Snaptwig's head came up abruptly from her mossy bed, and those red-on-black eyes of hers zeroed in on the foxbun swimming in the pond happily. She gave out a happy squeak, not noticing as the buck stepped back into the shadows, at first. She moved closer to the pond, to watch quietly, and reached out, to pick it up with her mouth gently. It squeaked and started to kick at her, making a terrible noise.

The next to awaken was Free, who jumped out of her bed, panicked by the noise, making her step on Harm, who could sleep through nearly anything… except stepping on, naturally. She glanced at Harm apologetically, before moving towards Snap to help her out. As she moved, the doe spotted glowing red eyes, and turned towards them, ears flicking straight up. She sidestepped wide away from him, a bit startled by him as he sighed.

Harm had been enjoying a wonderful dream in which he'd had many does, Acha and Kimeti, surrounding him, all fawning on him, when he'd gotten a hoof to the back. He came awake with a grumble, shaking off sleep, and glancing at the scene in the usually peaceful glade. There was a foxbun in his fish pond, kicking at his little sister, Snap, and his 'older' sister, Free seemed startled by some other unknown. He followed her gaze, and immediately rose, snorting at the buck and lowering his head, so his horns could be seen plainly. "Who are you, and why are you here at night? This is our home!" he growled angrily. The buck was bigger, certainly, and had odd horns, and a rather bizarre mane, but Harm wouldn't let that intimidate him.  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:06 pm
Dream's Desires sighed deeply as the pink Acha buck moved between him and the startled doe, closing his red eyes a moment. "Look, I'm not here for a fight, buck, and I wouldn't harm a doe. I was merely thirsty and my foxbun… well, he must have gotten his paws dirty or wanted to play with your fish, perhaps… I'm sorry to have startled you three…" he spoke softly, staying still, and then pursing his lips slightly, and making an odd noise- a whistle, almost- making the foxbun bounce over to him after squirming free of Snap's mouth. "Look… allow me to make it up to you…" he spoke softly, and looked around, moving quickly, keeping an eye on the over-protective Acha buck, and started gathering rocks, piling them up in the middle of the moss beds, making a shallow hole, filling the bottom with rocks, then building walls a few stones high. Then, he gathered a few dry twigs and branches, and then nosed his foxbun.
"Go back to our old camp, get a small star…" he murmured, and the fox bun bound off, returning a short while later, a glowing ember in a circular stone, worn away like a tiny bowl. He dumped it into the dry grasses and twigs and such, and Dream breathed on it carefully, starting a small fire- the first in the glade. It took only a short time for the does and buck to move closer, curious, and when the flames crackled to warmth, and they felt the heat on their faces for the first time, they looked on the odd buck in the new light. He wasn't so scary in the flickering light, they saw. "Now, no matter what time it is, you will have warmth and light by which to see allcomers…" he grinned, and then counted the moss beds. "Ah… Mind if I rest my weary hooves?" When he heard no objection, he lay down, and his foxbun cuddled up.
 
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 6:07 pm
THIS THREAD IS NOW OPEN!

Feel free to come meet the Kin!  

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150

seru_ame

Dapper Inquisitor

9,700 Points
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • 50 Wins 150
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:30 pm
It had been only a short time since Dream's Desires had come to the glade, and he was currently tending to the fire he had built on the night he'd arrived. His foxbun, Descent into Nightmares, was stretched out by the fire, drying out his fur- he'd been in the pond when Dream had awakened- and watching as Dream carefully selected branches and slipped them into the fire, watching its flickers and sparks. He lifted his head quietly, and then looked around. He knew the doe he'd startled- Flowing Freely, or, as she preferred, Free- was tending her plants nearby. He rose, and moved to see if she needed any help.

Snaptwig and Harm had gone out to explore and play elsewhere for the day, leaving Flowing Freely and Dream's Desires at the Glade alone. Though he'd startled her badly when they'd first met, the two had eased into a kind of... uneasy peace. He'd brought warmth and heat- fire- to her home, and it seemed he could control it. She was tending the plants quietly, and felt him move closer. She looked at him, and smiled lightly, trying to be friendly. "Hello, Dream..." she murmured softly.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:49 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Outcry had stumbled onto a camp. It seemed that a strange smell had brought her to the sight. It was delicious and sweet. That smell was... Blueberries perhaps? With the hint of some other type that smelled just as sweet. Outcry approached with cation. Careful of every hoof fall, not wanting to alert any others in the camp. She could tell that there had been settlers their. The send was everywhere and strong, but she couldn't tell if anyone was there at the moment. The doe finally reached her target, the berry bushes and she proceed to take small mouthfuls of the sweet berries. Now she didn't quiet care who was in the camp, she just adored the food that was grown so well.  

ashes to the wind

Salty Human

Reply
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]
 
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Play with GCash
Play with Platinum

Customize your own avatar now!

Have an account? Login Now!