Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Just friggin shopping ( Bix & Ofie ) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:02 pm
Bix and Otto had burned through pretty much all the snacks and sodas he'd bought in their afternoon of reading comics and doing nothing. No one was answering texts for one reason or other and he was looking for company. Bix remembered that Ofie had been wanting to get her money finally. Maybe she'd want to go with?

Rown
Come shopping. Need snacks. Portal at 3.

Bix was waiting in his normal civilian clothes, a t-shirt that said 'I got an arrow in the knee' and a pair of jeans. He was fiddling with his phone, white bangs in his eyes. Without the coat and fighting clothes, he just looked like a nerdy pale guy. with a braid!  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:11 pm
Ofelia, for her part, looked woefully at the clothing she had and how much it was covered in blood stains. Considering they were going back into the real world she couldn't be dressed like that (even if she didn't care and wouldn't mind) so a quick trip to the quartermaster had her regreting every choice she'd ever made in her life. She pulled her phone out from her bust line (oh god why weren't there proper pockets) and sent a quick text.

iloveyouDIE
on my way

She arrived at three, or near three maybe, and did her best to hide behind something before Bix noticed her.  

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:19 pm
Bix saw Ofie's red hair popping out from behind a pillar. "Hey! C'mon.." he waved. She didn't move.

"C'mooooon.." He stared impatiently, not knowing why she was being difficult.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:26 pm
"Gah FINE BUT IF YA LAUGH SO HELP ME AH WILL SKIN YA ALIVE." Ofelia's voice came around the pillar long before she did, and it took a bit of hesitation to get her moving. When she finally did step out it was easy to see why she looked unhappy.

She was wearing a summer dress without the straps, the waist an empire cut that settled just beneath her bust. The length barely graced above her knee, and instead of her flip flops she sported a set of sandals that looked like they had heels on them. With her Rue-charm bracelet on and her hair braided properly, Ofelia didn't look like herself in the slightest.

"The. . . the quartermaster said this was the only thing he had in mah size at the moment. Ah think. . . Ah think he's a lyin' b*****d." The teen was used to wearing next to nothing with her tank top and short shorts, but wearing a dress made her feel. . . naked. Maybe it was because she could feel a breeze between her legs. "This thing don' even have pockets."

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:33 pm
Bix grinned, shocked, but he was amused. It took all he had not to laugh but only because she seemed so mad about about.

"Heh.." Uh oh, he let a chuckle slip. "You look nice but you look MAD as hell. You won't picking up any strange men looking like you are going to punch someone!"

The albino hunter turned for the portal. "C'mon sunshine.. I can hold your phone and money if you want. I have pockets." He wagged his fingers for her to fork them over.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 5:41 pm
Ofelia flushed with rage as she stomped over to Bix. . . and then promptly wobbled to the side as her shoes decided that she didn't have the proper balance to walk in them. Thankfully she kept herself upright as she made it to his side, reaching into the bustline of her dress to pull out a well-used wallet and her overly cracked phone. "Thanks. Ah think."

Goddamn why didn't this thing have pockets. Going shopping like this was going to be a nightmare she hated everyone right now. The whole world could die in a fire and Ofelia would be none the worse for it.

"So, is there any reason we're headin' back ta the real world? Also, where in specific we goin'?"

At least she knew to ask the important questions despite wanting to punch out everyone she saw. The question about picking up random guys was completely ignored, but she would seethe on it later and plot her revenge.

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:18 pm
"Ah!" When she started to wobble Bix jerked to try and help her but thankfully, she stayed upright. "You probably could have worn the flip flops still." He took her things and put them in his pocket.

"I just need some snacks and they don't get good ones here so.. I figured we could hit the store. Did you finally go and get your money?" He started to walk and within moments they were out on cloudy and bright street. It seemed to be a random american town and the street was lined with stores. No big brand name stores, only small shops and groceries and family owned businesses.

"Theres a comic store too." He got starry eyes. "I mean.. I didn't plan that." >.>

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 6:36 pm
"Ah'm about ta be barefoot here in a sec if Ah tumble one more time. Ah 'bout broke mah neck jus' tryin' ta get ta the damn portal." If Ofelia was cussing it was because she was angry. The teen never much saw a need for foul language to be used outside of her thoughts, but she sure felt like using it right then and there.

As the pair finally made it out to Nowhere, America, she took in a deep breath of air and stretched her arms above her head. It felt good to be alive, it felt good to be out. No scarf, no jacket, just a normal person again who happened to forget her fake eye and eyepatch.

Whatever.

"Yanno, Ah've never read a comic, an' yeah. Ah got money. Dunno how much, but if we're out like this then Ah can get some stuff ta use as a private stash in the kitchen. Ah like ta bake, it'd be nice ta have some higher quality product." A mental list started forming in the back of her brain. "Rice flour maybe, short grain jasmine rice. . . " She hadn't cooked much, mostly just baked, but switching styles wasn't hard at all to do. If she wasted her time and didn't try out different meal types there was a chance she could get rusty. "Wanna grab sommin' ta eat while we're out here?"

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:11 pm
Bix thought Ofie was kind of funny, in such a rage over a dress and shoes. Thankfully the foot traffic was sparse and no one looked twice at either of them.

"Well I'm going to have to make you read a comic. None of my friends get away with no reading comics." He was serious. Dead serious. Stare. STAAARE. After a moment he broke away and at the mention of food he nodded.

"Why would we NOT get food? Something that isn't from the cafeteria? Yes please. Grocery store first I guess?"

The store was only yards away so she didn't have to go far in those shoes.

Rown

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 7:26 pm
Ofelia looked at Bix and her cheeks took on a red color. "Um. . . Ah...can' really read very well. Ah mean, Ah learned, but Ah can' really read or write like Ah should be able ta at mah age." Ofelia wasn't really ashamed of that, it's partly why her memory at certain things was outstanding (and why she preferred videos over manuals), but to have to say she might have trouble reading something like a comic sounded silly. Certainly she could just follow the pictures, comics had lots of pictures right?, but the story line might be important.

"So iffin' Ah say Ah dun really wanna read, it's not cause Ah ain't interested, it's 'cause Ah'm havin' issues." The more she spoke about herself the more stupid she seemed. It was ridiuclous, she was making herself out to be a retarded backwoods hick just like Rue loved saying to her. All she needed to do now was knock out a few of her teeth and she'd fit the profile perfect.

Thankfully by this point in the conversation they were super close to the comic store and she could drop the subject, letting it all fall on Bix instead. "Is there any comic in particular yer wantin'?" Despite having shown Bix her boobs, she knew very little about the man.

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 7:14 am
Bix blinked in surprise. Reading was one of his favorite things in the world. Of course he was also college educated. He knew that there were still people who couldn't read or had problems but comci books weren't exactly reading intensive.

"Well good thing in Sun they just pay us to kill stuff." He gave her a smile and shoulder nudge. "But the comics don't involve much reading and actually have tons of fighting so.. you'd probably like them! They might even be a good way to get better with reading. They aren't novels or anything.."

Bix looked at the store fronts. They passed a barber shop and he idly, not for the first time, thought about cutting his hair off. He didn't say it out loud and turned back to the road. "Nothing in particular. Just the week's issues. New ones come out every Wednesday."

Bix pulled open the door to the Grocery Store for Ofie, holding it for her. "After you. We'll get our groceries and then the comics. I didn't know you cooked... I mean obviously I knew about the baking. I am not much of a cook myself."

The grocery store was bright and clean and had a good mix of cheap things, store label, and then a section for specialty and exotic foods.

Rown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:15 pm
"A'course Ah cook." The teen's tone was teasing, affectionate. "Ya think Ah got mah curves jus' from eatin' baked goods? Ah'd be the size'a a whale if Ah did jus' that." Ofelia's skirt ruffled at the whoosh of air as the pair entered into the store, and the teen shivered against the unwelcome air conditioning that bit into her bare shoulders. She'd dropped the subject about reading comics entirely, having said too much already about it, and when the pair had entered the store the first thing she did was grab a shopping cart.

The second thing she did was take her shoes off because ******** the store, she wasn't going to be limping around in here. "If they ask me ta put 'em back on Ah will, 'til then Ah'm shoppin' barefoot an' mah a** can be kissed otherwise." It was apparent she was still fuming about being shoved in a dress to start with, even if her mood had vastly improved due to change of location.

It was a hard press to decide what to get first. Baking goods obviously, she'd need lots of different things, but meals. . . ? "Bix, whatcha like ta eat? Ah mean, Ah'mma cook fer mahself mostly but it's always a good idea ta judge what others like, since mah concept'a portion control is screwed up."

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:52 pm
Bix laughed when she kicked off the shoes but he was not offering to carry those. A grown man carrying wedge heeled sandals around? Nope. Nada. What if there were some sexy ladies watching somewhere?!

"I will eat anything really.. but I don't like weird textures. Like ummm those slimy noodles from asia that are like worms? UGH." He shuddered. "Mostly real savory stuff. Little bit spicy?" He shook his head though. "Pretty much everything!"

They were currently passing through the produce and fruit section. He'd grabbed one of the small baskets and put a few oranges and apples into it. He didn't need a fridge for those. He'd probably devour them in the next 2 days.

Rown

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:04 pm
"Lesse, Ah was born in the north but raised in the south, so Ah really got no food preferences on mah side. Ah do like fried foods, Ah wonder if people would like a southern style dinner one evenin'." Ofelia was already running of a list of what she'd need for that in her head when she stopped herself cold, both in mind and body. ". . . hah, ta have sommin' like that Ah'd need people willin' ta come an' eat mah food. Ah dun got that." She quickly turned to look at Bix before he could say anything, just in case he wanted to. "An' ya an' Clover dun count in mah group, got it? The two'a ya have somehow managed ta make it inta mah settin' were it jus' feels natural ta include ya in mah countin'." The teen's cheeks blushed, faintly. "Ugh, anyway, movin' on."

The cart was quickly pushed and Ofelia disappeared down an aisle, getting away from Bix before she ran her mouth anymore. It was stupid to get attatched to people, everything would end up just like with Jordan. It was stupid, she was stupid, and so somehow without her paying attention she'd placed twelve bags of granola chips into the basket.

Ofelia freakin' hated granola.

iloveyouDIE

Rown

Friendly Hunter

iloveyouDIE

Unstoppable OTP

27,425 Points
  • Falling For You 25
  • Married 100
  • OTP 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 10:10 pm
"AWESOME." Bix was actually excited. "Before and I are on the 'Free Dinners' list? ********. Yes." He said with a serious tone. "You are the best Ofie."

He was totally only thinking about all the future free dinners. Guided by his stomach.

But then she was piling granola into the basket and he was a bit amazed. "Wow you are ... really into granola huh?" Hadn't she just been talking about fried food? This was like the opposite of that.

While she did that... Bix grabbed some Lucky Charms.

Rown

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces