Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Hogwarts Alumni Profiles
Adalaide Blythe

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 3:47 pm
Hi, my name is Adalaide Blythe.

But I mostly go by Ada.

I'm a female.

I'm 18 years old.

My birthday is June 21.

My dream job is to study and maybe even discover unusual magical plants! I bet I could help my dad with so much!

My blood status is Halfblood

This is my seventh year here at Hogwarts.

The house I'm in is Hufflepuff.

I'm interested in men.

I'm currently with Chris Whitethorne, which is totally weird to think of... I mean, I have a boyfriend... yeah, that's weird. Especially considering... well, but that's not my secret to tell, now is it?

People say that, in a nutshell, I'm really friendly, but also really shy. I'm a good friend when I make friends, but I find it really hard to make friends. I get really nervous when I try to talk to people. Somehow I ended up with a few friends my first year, although I'm not sure how. I'm glad, though, because they make being away from home a lot easier.I'm honest and I don't like lies, they never do anything but cause trouble! And there is nothing I'll say about you that I won't say to you, if I don't like you I'll keep it to myself, because saying mean things just puts mean things out there, and the world is bad enough as it is. When I get nervous, like I am right now, I tend to ramble on a lot, I just talk and talk and talk, usually about nothing. After a minute or so, though, or if I start getting weird looks, I get really embarrassed and turn bright red, which my dad thinks is cute but I think is super embarrassing, which of course just makes me turn even more red! I don't like using the word hate, because I think that it takes a really dark part of a person to really hate anyone or anything. My dad says he thinks the thing that makes me special is how nice I am to people, even when they're mean to me. I guess I'm a bit of a push over, though, since I usually just let people get away with saying whatever they want to me.

My background story is that my dad is a wizard and my mom is a muggle whose sister is a witch! My dad and her sister were really good friends at school, both in Ravenclaw, and my dad came home with her to visit one summer, and him and my mom really hit it off. My aunt was dating his best friend, a Gryffindor boy, so she wasn't jealous or anything. I mean, they didn't secretly like each other. Then my dad and aunt and her boyfriend graduated, and my parents and my aunt and uncle got married in a double wedding, which was really pretty from the pictures. Then, two years later, I was born! My parents moved us to this really quiet little country cottage, where my mom has a huge garden (she likes magical plants because she can share that with dad, even though she's a muggle), and my dad makes potions for sale. I've grown up there, mostly, and I don't know many people other than my family. When I was really little, I did have one really good friend, but then his dad found out that my mom was a muggle and wouldn't let him be friends with me anymore. Since then, I don't like anyone who judges people for their blood, because it's mean and hurtful and pointless. But, I'm never mean to them, I just smile and treat them a nicely as they treat me meanly. I was a really creative child, I had tons of imaginary friends to make up for the real ones I didn't have. I still do that. I mean, I did grow out of it. Mostly. I used to still talk to them sometimes, but I didn't really need to at school, like I thought I would, because I met with this other girl Michelle, and now we're best friends! And I met others, too, who I didn't realize were my friends, but something awful happened in one of our lessons and a bunch of other students worked really hard to make me feel better, so I guess I was making friends a lot easier than I realized! Anyway, I got through my first year, and it was pretty good, I guess, all things considered. And then, when I got home, my parents told me that they were going to have a baby! I was super excited, of course, and then, over Winter Break, my little brother Sebastian was born! He's such a little cutie, with these big blue eyes and blonde hair, which is nothing like anything me or my parents have. He actually looks more like he might be my Aunt Hanna's baby. But, he's the sweetest little thing! And, during my second year, I got really close to Marina, another Slytherin girl. I don't know what it is about me a Slytherins, but apparently we just get along. Anyway, Marina seems to have a really weird relationship with Damien, which is strange. I mean, first year, they totally hated each other, and now they seem to... well, not, and for no reason. They just agree all the time! It's totally weird. But, I don't care if she's friends with him or whatever, as long as he's not mean to her like he was to me. They're dating now, so I guess he's behaving himself.

Fourth year was pretty normal, until almost the end of the year... I went out to sketch, and fell asleep under a tree. I was woken up in the middle of the night by a guy I'd never even seen before, telling me that I probably shouldn't sleep so close to the forest... he sort of had a point. It was past curfew and I was out of my dormroom and I'd never broken a rule before (boy, did that ever go out the window after that night... getting to that bit...) so I sort of panicked. I figured, this guy's outside after dark, he's probably used to sneaking around, maybe he can help me. So I asked him to help me get back to the Hufflepuff Common Room. He helped me out, and we talked a bit... I thought I made a total fool of myself, which was really upsetting because he was really cute. He actually doesn't go to Hogwarts, he was on campus visiting Gracie, which made me feel totally weird. I figured they must be dating, but I couldn't stop thinking about him. Gracie cornered me after class one night and I panicked for a second because I thought she was going to tell me to back off or something, but she told me that Chris was like a brother to her (and that she was dating Dominic Montague, which was really weird). She realized that I liked him and totally lost it... I asked her not to intervene because she was talking about setting us up, and figured that there was no way he could like me. But, apparently he did, because that summer I got a letter from him, saying he couldn't stop thinking about me.

That was the same Summer that I found out that Michelle's father Vincent was abusing her, and his new girlfriend, who was pregnant. To keep them all away from him, my parents got the three of them (and the newly born Melody) to move in with us. Then, Michelle and I went to this Circus thing. It was really fun, at first. We saw a Dragon Tamer, walked around, got to spend some time together. Then, we went to a Ball the Circus was hosting. There was this weird confrontation with this guy, White Fox. He'd sort of harassed me and my friends at school, so I didn't really like the guy. I think he's the only person I've ever really lost my temper with. He asked me to dance, and Michelle stepped up and was threatening him, so he backed off... but not before this guy came up, asking if there was any trouble. I thought it might have been Chris, but it turned out to be his twin brother, Chalmes. Chris was on the other side of the tent, talking to... White Fox. I wanted to walk up to him, talk to him, but I was way too chicken to do it... so Michelle made me. She drug me over to them, asked White Fox to dance (talk about taking one for the team. I can only imagine how awful that must have been) and left me alone with Chris... who asked me to dance. Unfortunately, before I even got the chance, the Circus was attacked. Masked figures flooded the tent and started attacking people, killing people. It was awful... I tried to find Michelle so we could leave, but as soon as I spotted her, she took off with this guy Tay, who I still don't like, but he kept her safe, and that's what was important. Chris and I managed to get out of the tent, and I just took off running for the beach... I proceeded to faint, then have a nervous breakdown, then throw myself at Chris crying. All in all, not the best date.

Of course, our second date wasn't much better... I found out beforehand that he was a vampire. I didn't really know what to do with that information, I mean, I didn't want to just throw it at him that I knew (and actually I wasn't completely sure that he was one, it was sort of just an assumption Michelle made about him... but a pretty convincing one) but if he was a vampire and didn't think he could tell me, it would mean that he'd be watching his back and worrying about what to say to me, and... I just wanted us to be able to be honest. I mean, I could totally understand why he wouldn't tell me. Especially after I kind of sort of forced him into admitting it and found out tha he sort of thought he was a monster. He's totally not; he's a great, wonderful guy, and the fact that he has fangs doesn't change that, or what I think of him... well, there is one little thing... Okay, so maybe I think his fangs are sort of sexy. Is that weird? I feel like it's weird. Whatever. Anyway, after we got that out of the way, things were... well, a bit awkward, but all in all, things turned out nicely. He asked me to be his girlfriend! Of course, that turned out to be a bit more complicated than I'd originally thought... apparently his sister, Eretria, had hired Ronyo Storm, a graduated Slytherin turned PI, to find him, because their mother had been murdered and he'd gone missing on the same day. I assumed that he'd gone missing because that was when he'd become a vampire. Thinking you're a monster is usually a pretty good indication that you expect others to, as well. I tried to throw Ronyo off, but he backed me into a corner. I convinced him to let me talk to Chis, who I told about everything. He told me he'd get in touch with his sister, not to worry about it. I don't know how all that turned out, but I'm hoping it went well. Still, I'd like it if he'd told me something, at least. I may have had a bit of a breakdown where I decided that the reason he hadn't told me was because he didn't think he could confide in me, which is probably totally ridiculous, but I couldn't help it. I had a really weird moment where my self-esteem crashed and then decided I was going to dye my hair the color of the sun because, and I'm not joking, I wanted to show him that I could 'be his sun.' Cheesy, I know. But, my friend Dhyl did my hair and I'm sort of glad I had that breakdown because I really like the blonde hair. It's different... but in a good way, I think. Lyv totally spilled the beans about my having a boyfriend to my mum on the ride home from the train station, and then Michelle spilled about him being a vampire, which mum seems oddly okay with... I'm not so sure about my dad, though.

Mum invited Chris over for my birthday, so they could meet him. It was... awkward, but nice overall, I think. Dad's still not totally sold on him, but he didn't find any reason not to like him, so that's good. Mum absolutely loves him, which still kinda weirds me out... not that I want her to hate him or anything but I mean she's practically picking out a china pattern. And Sebastian was all over him, even offered him a slice of my birthday cake... which Chris ate, so I guess we got over the whole 'isn't it rude to ask him to dinner' thing, which was nice... I thought it was going to be a pretty uneventful Summer, but then... well, Vicky took Melody out for a walk one night, and Dad was out in the garden... he saw someone shoot up sparks and went to see what was wrong... and found Vicky dead and Melody gone. At first he thought Vincent had her, but Michelle was missing too, so he figured she must've caught him in the act. She came back a little while later and said she'd taken Melody to the orphanage... which kills me but she's right, Vincent wants her and he'd know she was with us. So, Dad agreed that after Vincent had been taken care of (apprehended according to him, but I think we all know he'll never see the inside of a cell with Michelle after him), we'll all go up to Wool's and adopt her. Technically Mum and Dad are her legal guardians anyway, but since we agreed to leave her there... well, I guess that's it until it's all over.

The school year didn't get off to a much better start. We got out of school for this Fall Festival thing, and it was great, there was a craft fair and a bonfire and even a pumpkin patch! I was wandering around the patch when Chris found me (I'm still not entirely sure if it was really a coincidence or if he'd been looking for me... he was in the pumpkin patch, after all) and we left to go on a dinner date. When I got back to the school, I found out that a group of rogue vampires had gone nuts and attacked everyone at the fair! There were a lot of injuries and almost as many deaths... I'm glad we got out of there before it started. Rogue vampires and blood everywhere seems like a really bad scene to be stuck in with your vampire boyfriend. Thankfully, the rest of the year was pretty quiet. And then, Hufflepuff won the Quidditch and the House cups! I was so excited for that, of course, I mean, after years of practicing and trying and almost getting there, we finally did it! I'm still so proud of our team. We did a really good job.

I enjoy gardening, playing with my pets (or really any animals), being with my friends, especially Michelle, pumpkin flavored ANYTHING, and reading or drawing.

I despise... well, honestly, I despise the word despise. And hate, and anything that's harsher than 'dislike.' I mean, I don't people have to be a fan of everything, but hate is taking it a little far. Anyway, I also dislike people who are mean for no reason, people who believe in 'blood purity' or anything that makes them think they're better than anyone else, lies and liars, and being called short.

I'm afraid of being in a crowd of strangers (so you can imagine how awful my first few days here were) and dark, enclosed spaces.

My strengths are that I have a big heart and I'm nice to everyone, even if they're really mean to me.

My flaws are that I'm really self concious and tend to give up too easily if something is too difficult.

I look like this.

My wand is a 10 3/4 inches, Rowan, with a Unicorn Hair core. It's really pretty, with a spiral and a pumpkin at the base.

My pet is a super sweet, super shy but super protective black cat named 'Dracula', who I've had since my very first year, and an orange tabby named 'Mina'... she's adorable, she's got these super short legs and it's so funny to watch her waddle around. I got her during my Transfiguration OWL, I had to vanish her, but I couldn't stand the thought of leaving a kitten vanished, so I summoned it back and asked if I could keep it.

My O.W.L. scores were:
Alchemy: E
Art: O
Astronomy: A
Care of Magical Creatures: O
Charms: O
Defense Against the Dark Arts: O
Ghoul and Ghost Studies: O
Herbology: O
History of Magic: O
Mythology: E
Potions: O