Submit

Which one?
  A Link to the Past
  Majora's Mask
View Results

old jazzy

Amorous Fatcat

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 2:20 pm
Apparently Nintendo are debating on whether to remake ALttP or MM for 3DS.

Which would you pick, if you could only pick one? (Assuming everyone here would want both)

Personally, I'd say ALttP. It's older and the original was in 2D, so it would be more interesting to see what they'd do with it in a 3D remake. Majora's Mask, on the other hand, would probably get exactly the same treatment as OoT did for its 3DS version. Cool, but not as exciting?

Then again, at least people would more likely know exactly what to expect from MM3DS when they go to buy it. Perhaps they'd be more hesitant to pick up ALttP?

What do you think?  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 4:05 pm
I think that Majora's Mask 3D is kinda a given, so we need to show enthusiasm about the LTTP remake/sequel idea, because I don't think that one is as much of a sure thing. And when I say sure thing I mean "in the long run." MM3D will happen, EVENTUALLY. This is what I believe at-least.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

alsoknownasak

Clean Member

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 11:06 pm
I'd prefer a new Zelda game 8|  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 6:23 am
A 3D Remake of LTTP would kinda be new, a straight up sequel would be totally new. There's some disagreement on what "Link to the past project" means.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

Waynebrizzle

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 7:10 am
A LttP remake would be at least somewhat new, so I guess I'd pick that. I'm sick of people obsessing over these remakes though. The original games are fine as they are, ESPECIALLY LttP.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 8:34 am
It all depends on what they're planning. Is the LttP project going to control like OoT/MM?
Because I don't think it would translate well. It would be Zelda that looks like Animal Crossing.

They'd have to use massive amounts of artistic licence for it to look as good as Majora's Mask would.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:09 am
Nomega
It all depends on what they're planning. Is the LttP project going to control like OoT/MM?
Because I don't think it would translate well. It would be Zelda that looks like Animal Crossing.

They'd have to use massive amounts of artistic licence for it to look as good as Majora's Mask would.
Wait, I thought you didn't care for the DS Zelda games... Maybe I remember incorrectly?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:38 pm
[Kegan]
Nomega

Wait, I thought you didn't care for the DS Zelda games... Maybe I remember incorrectly?
I didn't like phantom hourglass' controls, but OoT 3D was great. What I mean is that a game meant to be topdown (and built with tiles) wouldn't look good in 3rd person. Grid-based level design is unnecessary with hardware like the 3DS. Updating it graphically can only do so much; it will always look blocky, especially in 3rd person.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 1:55 pm
Top down is third person.  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:19 pm
You know what I mean. Top-down vs back-view.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Xilo The Odd

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 2:30 pm
Waynebrizzle
A LttP remake would be at least somewhat new, so I guess I'd pick that. I'm sick of people obsessing over these remakes though. The original games are fine as they are, ESPECIALLY LttP.
i agree. i love the old one too, if they did a full on 3-d make of it, some of the boss fights would get really intresting. not to mention it'd be the first 3-d purple haired Link.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 9:43 pm
This thread died too young.  

[Kegan]

Nimble Cultist

HackerBilly02

PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 9:23 pm
I would have to say a Majora's Mask remake because 1. Ocarina of Time 3d came out so it would make sense to release it's sequel.
2. Majora's Mask is my like #1 favorite zelda game, so having a 3d remake of it WOULD BE AWESOME. And last but not least. They might release Link To The Past on the Eshop, so making it a 3ds game would be a little pointless(go ahead I desvere to be yelled at.) But having a sequel to a game THAT HAS ALREADY BEEN RELEASED ON A 3DS would be better than a whole new remake.
Plus, one of the things alot of people like about Majora's Mask is that if you want to be a goron YOU CAN BE A FRICKIN GORON. Nuf Said  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:04 pm
I really don't care about a Majora's Mask graphics update. If I want to play it on the go I can just use my phone, with optional savestates and gameshark.

I guess I came out against it at first, but ALttP in 3D has the potential to be great.

If they completely remade the game as 3D, following the original only as a base, it could be a masterpiece. Sort of like that Zelda II 3D remake, only much better.  

Nomega

Dapper Dabbler

Meta_Fish
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Jun 24, 2012 1:40 pm
I don't really give a s**t what you do, Nomega, but pirating a game on your phone over playing a remake is a pretty shitty comparison. Why buy any game? You can pirate all of them!

I think if they do LttP or a sequel to it in 3D, it'll be the overhead view. Miyamoto talked awhile ago about how he thought that view would work especially well with the 3D effect.  
'Tendo Cult~

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff