Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities
[PRP] Girl on Fire [ Ofie + Tori ] FINISHED Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 14, 2012 5:43 am
The sunny skies couldn't hold out forever, that much Ofelia knew, and as soon as she opened the box she found near her this morning ( how it got there she would never know ) she tied on the new jacket and hurried herself outside. Being outdoors was the best part of all the fun from the promotion exam (apparently that was what it was in the end) and the sun trainee - now inter-trainee - decided that to lighten her mood she needed to be outdoors more.

Also, she needed to light fires on the beach and dance around them like an idiot while trying to make smoke signals.

While that last idea had been really random and probably something she shouldn't do the red-head soon found herself on the beach, her arms full of dried wood she'd lifted here and there. Wood was a plenty, seeing as there were trees and driftwood and everything else, and Ofelia set the pile down and looked around for decent place to get a blaze roaring.

The only question she had now. . . was what style to build the fire in. Bonfire style? A-frame? Lincoln log cabin? There were so many choices, endless choices, and she giggled with excitement as she set out three different fires.

No need to choose when she could have them all, right?

naggeela
I hope this is okay? ;;;; I want these your girlie and my idiot to play super soon!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 16, 2012 11:32 pm
Seeing the sun on the island was really nice and Tori wanted to take a least some advantage of having the warm sun out since she didn't know how long it was going to last. So she thought that it would be a good time to taken a good jog around the island as she was trying to get into better shape and Aklin agreeing to this as it was time were he wouldn't have to be board when his hunter was reading.

Aklin whined slightly as he knew his hunter was starting to head back from her what he called a lazy jog.

Alright, Lin. I will as that does sound nice too. She said as she decided to walk towards one of the beaches to cool off from her jog.

Once she had reached one of the beaches to find that someone else was already here. Tori thought to leave the other hunter alone but then she spotted all the wood and curiosity got the better of her. "So what are you going to do with all that wood?" she asked sheepishly of the other girl.

Rown
Yep, total cool with me! This is going to be lots of fun! Since there is lots that she hasn't experienced.

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:53 am
Ofelia had long since shed her shoes (and maybe her shirt, she had a bra on and it looked like a swimsuit top anyway) by the time someone else approached, and the teen quickly looked up as she finished ramming in bits and pieces of tender to be used to help the flames. She was sweaty despite all this being easy work; apparently jumping around like an idiot could do that to you.

A grin broke over her face at the arrival of this stranger, the Sun Int. Trainee welcoming her with a flourish of her arms. "Ah....am goin' ta build fires." That much was obvious. "An' make smoke signals fer no reason other than ta make 'em. Ah seriously doubt we get boats or planes this close so makin' signals ain't gonna hurt no one."

The teen turned again and looked out to the see, waving her arms. "Ah dunno any of the signs though so mostly Ah'm jus' gonna be makin' a mess. Ah also jus' wanted ta light some fires, see if Ah could still do it." She paused. "Also, Ah wanted ta dance 'round a fire." Her eyes narrowed, but not in a mean way. " . . . . do ya wanna join me? Ah could show ya how ta make a proper fire, 'cause Ah don' think many'a ya here know how ta live outdoors."

She was so snotty, so very snotty.

naggeela

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:01 am
Tori didn't mind to what the other trainee was wearing as if they were comfortable as she was curious on how to build a fire. "That sounds cool, as I have never build a fire before," she said. "And I haven't done any smoke signals at all, as I do think that you are right about boats and such not coming near as I have never seen them, just the wide open sea. There is a lot of things that I'm encountering that are new to me," Tori added still a little nervous as her weapon was humming in delight at seeing the ocean and that his little filly was making a friend.

"Sure I will join you, I'm Tori by the way," the life trainee said with a little smile. "Could you as that would be much fun as I have never lived outdoors at all," Tori added as her parents thought doing that type of thing beneath them and not proper but Tori was curious to learn anything that she could and she all for it.

The Lifer is so very clueless about a lot of things.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:46 pm
Ofelia held her hand out, a massive grin on her face. "Ofelia Tanner, but by all means free free ta call me Ofie. Most everyone on the island does, or at least all the people Ah've met so far do." If someone she didn't know approached her and called her Ofie she'd wonder if she had a reputation that spread long in front.

Repuations could be cool. She should look into that.

When this 'Tori' person said they wanted to join Ofelia motioned for her to either take off her shirt or at least strip down to something comfortable. "When we get these puppies roarin' it's gonna get hot an' yer gonna wanna not have tons'a layers on. Though ya look kinda fair skinned, ya might actually get a glow-burn from the flames. Would yer shield protect against that though? Flames an' burns?"

This was also an interesting thought. Ofelia would have to ask someone worthwhile later, seeing as Rue likely wouldn't answer.

"As fer livin' outdoors, Ah grew up onna farm an' spent pretty much all'a mah time out runnin' 'round. Ah've always been an outdoors kinda girl, jus' makes sense fer me ta wanna be in it an' light fires." That made no sense at all, and Ofelia shrugged. "We'll get this first fire goin' b'for' the other two. Ya got any questions ya wanna ask ahead'a time, jus' in case we run inta trouble?"

What kind of trouble was up for debtate.

naggeela

PostPosted: Mon Jun 25, 2012 4:24 am
Tori took Ofie's hand and gave it a shake with a little smile on her own face. "My full name is Victoria Straka but Tori is what I go by," she said. "But its very nice to meet you Ofie,"

"That is a good thought I didn't know that," the Lifer said as she took off her coat and folded up nicely on a rock a little away from where the fires were going to be. So all she was wearing now was her sleeveless shirt and shorts, she had also taken off her boots too. "I think I should be alright, if I get a little burned I'm fine with that since it," she added as Tori didn't know that she could get a burn from fire light but she did know how to treat any burns but she really did like heat so it would be worth the risk.

Listening intently to what Ofie was saying as it was all interesting. "That sounds so fun, as for a good part of my old life I was locked inside a house," Tori said as to her what Ofelia said did make sense in a way. "So when building a fire you would start with small bits of wood then move on to the bigger ones and if one of the fires starts to get out of control just putting sand on top of it should put it out?" the Lifer asked as she did have to wonder what type of trouble but then she just thought that having so many fires started could get them in trouble if the fires got out of control.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:44 am
When Tori mentioned being locked inside a house for most of her life she got a look of utmost sympathy from Ofelia, who never could have imagined being trapped inside. As a kid she hated being indoors (except for bedtime, because the noises in the barn and all) so being trapped in a place where you couldn't feel the wind sounded like the ultimate torture. A hand covered with sand and wood bits patted Tori on the shoulder, and the sun hunter nodded as if she understood stuff.

She actually didn't get any of it but that was to be put aside.

"Sand will work well ta help put it out, but ya gotta work on takin' it down slowly. Jus' tryin' ta quickly knock the flames out usually results in 'em jumpin' an' some serious damage. Ah probably should'a gotten buckets'a water but since we're near the water Ah f'gur' we'll be okay." Ofelia's sense of not caring or thinking things properly though was overly apparent to anyone who was watching her. Her words were spoken like she'd had experience with a bad fire, or fire in general. . . not that she'd mention it out loud. Telling people she burned down buildings on purpose was probably a really bad idea.

The teen motioned for Tori to come closer as she reached into her pocket, pulling out a box of matches that she'd snagged from the kitchen. The ovens were runic so there really wasn't a need for them.

Ofelia didn't feel bad about stealing them at all.

Clearing her throat, she turned to Tori and spoke. "Okay, now we jus' light this one in'a few places an' stand back. Do ya wanna light it or ya wanna have me do it? Always fun ta see yer matches take sommin' up in flames."

naggeela
sorry for taking so long to reply!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:40 am
Tori just smiled a little with Ofie gave her a sympathy look and a pat on the shoulder as before coming here it was all that she had really know and didn't know any different besides the times were she did have to go to parties with her parents or go shopping. But now she could do things that she had never done before with others that were willing to share and teach her. As Tori was excited for that.

Listening closely to what Ofie was saying as to put them out. "Oh I didn't know that and that is good to know. Well that is alright as you said we are near water and we can get some if it comes down to that," the lifer replied.

Tori got in closer when Ofie motioned her to do so and saw her take out some matches. Then thought to herself that it would be a good idea to have matches in her mission bag or something similar.

"You can light it were I can see how you do it just to be on the safe side and I can light another one later on. Ooo that does sound like fun," Tori answered after listening carefully to what the sunny was saying but wanted to see it for herself first since she didn't want to get burnt quite yet but still excited none the less.

Rown
I'm so very sorry that I took so long in replying back to you!

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2012 6:33 pm
"Okay, well, here we go." Ofelia took a match and struck it on a box, watching as the head blaze up. She held her breath to prevent anything from blowing it out, she didn't want to have to light another, and with a quick flick of her wrist she sent it into the pile of wood. It didn't seem like anything was happening, just the faint sound of a crackle, and even though Ofelia looked unhappy she soon was grinning wildly as a thin trickle of smoke started to issue forth from the inside. "Okay, Ah got one side started, why dontcha give it a try on another side?"

The box of matches was held out towards Tori. The teen didn't expect as much flurish as she had done, seeing as she was used to throwing matches and generally being an arsonist. "If'n ya have trouble gettin' started or yer worried 'bout bein' burned ya dun have ta do anythin'. Ah'll take over, jus' fun ta try sommin' fer yerself. Good life lesson?"

As if Ofelia was in any situation to give life lessons.

naggeela
my turn to say sorry, ahahaha. we'll finish this though, our girls need to become good friends!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:26 am
Watching closely to how Ofie was lighting the fire and found it amazing on how she did as that was something that she thought she wouldn't be able to do. "That was really cool!" Tori said as she couldn't figure out why Ofie looked unhappy. But as the wood started to smoke she saw that Ofie grinning and Tori thought as it just might be that the sunny didn't want to light another match to get the fire going as Aklin just chuckled softly in her head.

"Ok I think I can do this," Tori answered as she took the box of matches that were handed to her. "I think I will be fine if I burn myself as I will be learning something I didn't know before as yes it is a good life lesson," she added as she bent down closer to the wood since Tori wasn't going to try what Ofie had done. It had taken Tori a few tries to get a match to light but on her third try one stayed lit and she carefully put it into the wood and waited to see if it would catch the wood on fire. Watching intently as were she had put the match did in deed start to smoke and she smiled a little as Tori sucked on her finger she had burnt while trying to light a match. "There I did it, so is there anything else that we need to do?" Tori asked just to make sure since Ofie was the expert here and she also held out the box of matches to give back to Ofie.

Rown
That is alright. Yes we will as you are correct as they do need to!

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2012 4:13 pm
"Now? Now we dance."

Yes, Ofelia was dead serious about that.

She moved around and started to jump up and down, her total apparent lack of rhytmn showing with each step she took. It didn't matter though, she was humming a stupid little tune and cackling with each step, and before anyone could stop her she took Tori's hands in her own and started moving the other girl to do the same. "Jus' let it all go an' dance like the natives used ta do!"

The fire was crackling around them at a wonderful pace, the snap and pop of the wood as it burned acting like a good time keeper. It was easy to move to and Ofelia just kept jumping around and laughing, trying to rid herself of all the stress that had been building up. She was happier like this, not caring about anything or anyone else, and the laughter she released was some of the freest it had been in a long while.

naggeela

PostPosted: Wed Aug 29, 2012 9:53 am
Tori was now really confused by that as the only dancing that she had done was the formal type as she didn't have any idea to what Ofie was wanting. So she just stood there trying to figure it all out as Tori watched Ofie doing her own dance.

None of it made any sense to Tori that she didn't see that the Sunny had taken her hand to do some dancing. Blushing a little as Tori was a little embarrassed since Ofie had caught her off guard. "Oook, I can try," she stammered out as she tried to dance like Ofie was doing.

But once Tori got the hand of this type of dancing she had started to enjoy herself more as it was different but fun as Ofie was teaching her stuff that she had never done before. Now she was also jumping around the fires dancing and even adding a few moves of formal dancing as she didn't have a care in the world right now. Aklin softly laughed as his hunter was having fun and not worrying about what others would think.

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:08 pm
"Yer gettin' it! now jus' wiggle yer arms harder! Kick an' dance, scream if ya wanna!" Ofelia let out a whoop as she jumped around the flames, her stupid dancing taking her a little too close to the fire a few times for comfort. She could feel the heat but she wasn't afraid and the sun and sand against her body was comforting. Out here dancing like this with Tori was awesome.

She let out another massive whoop as she did an awkward cartwheel, one that had her smashing her face into the sand rather than completing it properly. Undeterred she got back up, grinned with a face and mouth full of sand at Tori, and went to try again. After failing again (and the third time after that) she gave up and went to properly watching her companion, noticing her movements. "Yer formal dancin' is great too, didja learn in a class somewhere? Looks like sommin' fun ta do."

Ofelia didn't have the coordination or patience to properly do something like that. She'd likely have ended her lessons by getting kicked out for kicking someone.

naggeela

PostPosted: Mon Sep 03, 2012 8:51 am
"Ok," Tori replied to the sunny as she wiggled her arms a little more as she danced around as it was all fun, but she wasn't up to screaming as Tori just felt a little too strange for her to do so as it wasn't a polite thing to do. The lifer did make sure that she didn't get too close to the fire since she didn't want to get burned. If there was ever a next time for dancing around the fire there would be a few things Tori would bring. But she was happy having fun with Ofie.

Smiling when Ofie got back up from the sand from her failed cartwheel as she danced but kept an eye on the sunny since she was curious to what she was doing. For the last few goes around the fire she did some more formal dancing and thinking in her mind that the fire was her partner. "Thank as it was something that was required of me, so I have had formal dancing classes for as long as I can remember. You are correct they are fun when you have a good partner to dance with. Maybe its something I could teach you if you wanted to when ever you like," Tori answered as she didn't know if Ofie would have the patience to learn but one could always try. "So is there anything else that we could do around the fire?"

Rown

naggeela

Rown

Friendly Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Sep 04, 2012 10:22 am
Other things to do around a fire? "Well, if we had some stuff.... maybe food, we could'a cooked over the flame. Ya ever roast marshmallows? S'really, really good." She should have brought food but hindsight was not a power that Ofelia possessed or cared to possess. "There ain' nothin' Ah can' cook over an open flame, lots an' lots'a practice there." Hot dogs, hamburgers, spaghetti, man. Just thinking about all that food was making her hungry but her stomach didn't rumble, she was too excited.

"We could keep dancin', maybe ya can show me a few'a yer dance steps? S'not like Ah got anythin' or anyone Ah wanna impress but maybe dancin' will help me learn ta move better while fightin'." Of course this meant Ofelia took Tori's hands again, almost pulling the older girl closer. Personal space? Ahahahaha.

naggeela

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina Training Facilities

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces