Submit

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:12 pm
User Image

Joining is open!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:14 pm
The Rundown

Before you submit a lion for joining, please make sure you've read all the stickies! This pride can be very strict when it comes to some things, and it's best to know them. That said, here we go~

[x] On Species
This pride is for lions only. Snakes and avians are the only acceptable familiars at this point in time - everything else is generally food, or shares territory but isn't associated with all that much. Your lion can have a jackal/klipspringer/whatever friend they hang out with sometimes if you really want, but not an actual tag-along/familiar in the usual sense of the word.

Cheetahs in the swamp are virtually unheard of, although the occasional leopard might happen by. While they won't be actively driven out, since they're solitary and therefore considered relatively harmless, they're not welcome in amongst the pride either. Territories may overlap, but that's about as far as it goes. Hybrids will not be associated with in any way beyond being killed or driven out.

There is to be absolutely no mating outside the species, or adopting outside of it for that matter. While there's nothing wrong with being kind to a stray cub/pup, they are not and will not ever be a part of the pride - only picked up and put back on their feet, if someone is so inclined.

While pride members may wander in and out as they please, rogues/outsiders are only welcome to enter the territory if they wish to join. After 'passing' an interview (OOCly, submitting an application) with the seer-Queen La'u Khara'i, they'll enter as Provisionaries until such time as they decide upon/receive their new name.

[x] On Appearances
Swampies aren't bothered by those with physical disabilities or injuries - as long as everything's working right on the inside, they're not worried about it. As for color, there are no requirements, and colors don't affect status in any way.

There are a few other rules, mainly concerning traditions, which you can find in the relevant info threads.

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Meepfur
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:16 pm
The Form

If you're interested in joining, please post here with your lion's information. Once I've looked it over, I'll edit approval/denial into your post.

[color=blue][b]I want to join![/b][/color]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Lion's Name:[/b]
[b]Lion's Image:[/b]
[b]Lion's Info:[/b] Insert relevant character information here. (Details are loved!)

[b]When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be:[/b]

Yes, your lion's name has to change. Preferably to something that is actually different, and not just a twist on the old one because you don't want to change it.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:20 pm
Approved Provisionaries, Past and Present

Agana/Amaranthus (Truth.Be.Told)
Aiyana/Kimimela (Vesale)
Akinyi/Kepi (x_Nata_x)
Alta'mwokozi/Kato (Remove)
Anemone/Zamarath'Moya (oo DeD)
Angavu'Nyota/Barafu'Nadhari (Bloo Chalk)
Anjali/Kianira (Safaia)
Atla'naledi/Apiyo (Amy D)
Barzillay/Iarannmann (Tara de Draiocht)
Cealdia/Kurogoke ([ Lady Kiya ])
Chunuka/Beshtetu (Kimaria)
Dara'moshra/Thuraske (Mia Sharra)
Dayo/Azubuike (Lanthiriel)
Dogo'tufani/Kwa Mwezi Wake (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko)
Domevlo (Teh Angel Yuna)
Eshe/Kipenzi (Painted Moose)
Fedha/Leini'mbalamwezi (Lethrossen)
Haji/Mkazi (Ameh)
Haramu-chanua/Mwale-na-vimeti (Truth.Be.Told)
Haramu Pendu/Kisikusiku (Grotesque Panda)
Hothlepoya/Dubhshíth (Schickalswende)
Ige/Beshta (moineau bavarde)
Immunda/Peni (Syrius Lionwing)
Iola/Alula (Summer Rain 07)
Itumeleng/Dakarai (Angelics-Destiny)
Johari/Kumi Na Nne (Summer Rain 07)
Jua'mwinbaji/Hu'elani (Lanthiriel)
Huritt/Misaeahanu (Blu Chalk)
Kamau/Rim (Manchu the Panda)
Kani Le'a/Urtza Hadjara (F a y t h - x)
Kimimela/Sagwa-tama (Ecavi)
Kirafiki'Mifupa/Catori Halona (Rennekae)
Kito/Anzilisha (Vesale)
Kizuka'ruya/Acacia (Excited Apathy)
Koda/Hokuao (Hotaru-Neko)
Koi'Amore/Kenaii (Buffy_the_Bloody)
Lalakesha/Baridi'ini (Tisiphone)
Leini'anga/Tuli'usiku (Excited Apathy)
Lhach/Daima-tii-mlei (Das Tor)
Mashika/Maisha Katika'mvua (Tanakako)
Matope'damu/Paa'ndani angu'mtima (Andranis)
Mfuondoka/Fufika (Ameh)
Mifuo/Ndugu wa Mzaz (Kitsune Mistress Nyoko)
Mii'ah/Maeve'Kiah (Nuxaz)
Mioyo/Athena (NovaCracker)
"Miss"/Suparna (Iris_virus)
Mkaa/Jitokeza (Ecavi)
Mlia/Awali'maisha-pya (KasaiLoki)
Mono/Naoki (Tablue)
Mori'earsira/Silens'ara (Das Tor)
Moto'nyota/Raha-mkataa (Truth.Be.Told)
Msisimko/Kutafakari Katika'Maji (Redbud-Tree)
Mwezimoma/Jomijoke (Neon Fly)
Nia/Euphrates (Strawberry Gumi Bunny)
Njeme'mwana/Asante Kwa'maisha (Tanakako)
Odijo/Talahm (KasaiLoki)
Ominotago/Haku'ni'ukuru (Vesale)
Ozareus/Canis (Buffy_the_Bloody)
Pali/Gallan (Tisiphone)
Pepo/Tetsi'uimbo (Tisiphone)
Popo'matunda/Tannasg-oran (Tisiphone)
Roho'Nzuri/Mpya'nafsi (Depawsit)
Roshan/Alekandero (Felyn)
Shu/Jajuka (Tablue)
Shushara/Shiva (NovaCracker)
Sunobari/Bryoni (Sherlolly)
Swarêlêla Lehlwa/Vafa'afua (Shesha Sama)
Tailtiu/Carmun'fae (Tisiphone)
Taka'ardhi/Kijivu Dunia (samus x)
Tia Rangi/Shemshi (samus x)
Tibua/Ardhi'Zonga (Lethrossen)
Tolmai/Momoztli-Nelli (Dulcea)
Umoja'nafsi/Rubani'nuru (TheMadHatter)
Unzu/Sahib (Leikkun)
Upendo'mume/Niloticus (Quaji)
Usoa/Rasha (Miss Cherie)
Uziel/Urivayotornotach (Caitlyn Hellstorm)
Vaectorfinyairuxo/Vurlymakipvearox ([ Lady Kiya ])
Vándor/Szürke Szellem (Tanakako)
Vestip/Ila (Cut_Me_Coffee)
Wilwarin/Khan (Hotaru-Neko)
Yaxha/Skanawati (demon_pachabel)
Ying-tai/? (Andranis)
Zafrina/Kaimana (Depawsit)

Meepfur
Vice Captain

Shesha Sama

Protected Aura

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 3:32 pm
I want to join!
Username: Shesha Sama
Lion's Name: Swarêlêla Lehlwa
- Meaning: Endure, persevere, be patient/ hold tight; Snow
- Origin: Swahili; Northern Sotho
Lion's Image:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Lion's Info: Sweet boy. Endearingly stubborn, eternally loyal. Soft, gentle voice.

He has wandered the lands with no true purpose, a lonesome traveler adrift amongst the tides of time. Devoid of memory and comfort, a great sadness has filled his heart... what meaning can there be in a solitary existence? One without friends, family... a home?
He has always believed in something more than the world he can see with his own two eyes. Hope that endures through loneliness and sorrow also fuels his search for a place to belong in which answers can be found. What drives a flame to come to life? What force moves water? From whence does the miracle of life come? ...
The rich history and background of the Spirit-talkers would draw him like a moth to a flame, and he would embrace their traditions with an open heart. Sweet and good-hearted, yet stubborn and loyal to a fault, he would be an eager pupil and (if accepted) loyal member.
When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Vafa'afua
Combination of 2 names selected from Farsi and Swahili origin, as Vijini is of Austalian origin and Asali'jua (among others) of Swahili...
- Meaning: Loyalty, Faithfulness; Mercy, Protection
- Origin: Farsi; Swahili

EDIT: July 06, 2012

I've spoken to Bluefire Dragonz and she has agreed for Akemi, the Goddess of Misfits, to use her power Path Home to guide this lost soul to the swamplands! whee [RP]
Whether he is able to stay or not is of course up to your approval. ^.^;
Thank you for your time and consideration.

Approved  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 8:49 am
I want to join!
Username: Depawsit
Lion's Name: Roho'Nzuri
Lion's Image: Clickity
Lion's Info: Roho is a lioness who a far more than a little obsessed with herself. She's very narcissistic and see's nothing wrong with it. The only thing she appreciates more than her own looks, is the beauty of nature. She finds it mesmerizing and is often compelled to compose little hums and tunes to the inspiration before her. Roho was once a member of the DW but upon its disbanding set out on her own once again. She's been a lost soul ever since, but she hopes to start a new slate along with the pride, in a new location.
When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Mpya'nafsi [ New Soul ]

Approved  

Depawsit

Charitable Informer

15,050 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Luck of the Draw 50
  • Invisibility 100

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200
PostPosted: Tue Jan 08, 2013 4:48 pm
I want to join!
Username: Redbud-Tree
Lion's Name: Msisimko
Lion's Image: Uncert Current Cert
Lion's Info: Born as a near-identical twin, Msisimko grew up in the rogue lands. As a young adult she is only now setting about finding herself and her unique place in the world - in fact, it is only recently that she has even become slightly aware that a unique place exists for her! (As a matter of fact, she still tends to believe that she and he sister are nearly indistinguishable in all areas. She has only ever lived in the rogue lands, but is very curious about and interested in life in a pride, particularly one like the Swampies.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Kutafakari Katika'Maji (reflection in water, chosen because of her eventual realization that though her reflection makes her look like her twin sister, she is her own lioness and must make her own choices in life).

Approved  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:11 pm
I want to join!
Username: Rennekae
Lion's Name: Kirafiki'Mifupa - Swahili for "lovely bones"
Lion's Image: Uncert
Lion's Info: Kira is optimistic, loving and kind-hearted. While she looks for the good in everything, she does not blindly pretend there is no evil in life; she merely sees every evil as a challenge to her faith which she is glad to overcome. She is confident that everything happens for a reason, and that she must trust in the Gods to guide her on the right path.

The Jini-msemi's strong beliefs in the Gods and spirits suits her beliefs well.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Catori Halona
xxxx"Catori" means "spirit" in Hopi.
xxxx"Halona" means "of happy fortune" in an unspecified Native American language.

Approved  

Rennekae

Dapper Werewolf

8,600 Points
  • Married 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Streaker 200

oo Ded
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:37 pm
I want to join!
Username: oo DeD
Lion's Name: Anemone
Lion's Image: [x]
Lion's Info: Anemone is a young, chipper lioness. She finds it difficult to find fault in any, and has the innate ability to find home in many situations. She yields from a rather uneventful past; raised with family, left when she was old enough to fend for herself, wandered since then. I imagine that she'd find her way to the Swampies while they were still traveling and befriend a few of the refugees. She'd stick with them while they were traveling, only to find herself attached to the Swampie beliefs and making her home with them in their new land.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Zamarath'Moya (Variation of Emerald Heart)

Approved  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:50 pm
I want to join!
Username: KasaiLoki
Lion's Name: Mlia
Lion's Image: Uncert
Lion's Info: After his pride was disbanded, Mlia became distraught. He was left wandering pretty much by himself until he met a lioness who spoke of the swamplands as her home. Mlia made his way to the old swamp land, finding it burnt from fire and deserted. The male wandered from there, stumbling upon the new territory. He found the lioness he had seen out in the roguelands, and upon hearing more about the traditions, he wishes to stay in a more suitable/stable pride.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Awali'maisha-pya (Starting a new life)

Approved  

KasaiLoki

Moonlight Hunter

Skyflu
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2013 3:51 pm
I want to join!
Username: Blu Chalk
Lion's Name: Huritt
Lion's Image: [x]
Lion's Info: A charismatic bloke who avoids confrontation. Like his father, he has a soft spot for women, but doesn't get into nearly as much trouble. On his travels near the border of the old land, he feel in love with a lioness who helped him out of the mud. Breaking his vow to remain a bachelor forever, he became infatuated with the young lioness and followed her to the mountains.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Misaeahanu (Mix of Native American names that roughly translate to the white sun laughs.)

Approved  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 23, 2013 2:58 pm
I want to join!
Username: Bloo Starr
Lion's Name: Angavu'Nyota (Nyota for short)
Lion's Image: XxX
Lion's Info: Looking for a new place to call home, she mostly wandered the rouge lands in her search. along the way she met felines and its in her nature to be social and kind. She can be a charismatic lion, maybe a bit of an airhead at times.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Barafu'Nadhari

Approved  

Skeleghetti

Dapper Explorer

Tara de Draiocht

Naughty Man-Lover

PostPosted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 9:58 am
I want to join!
Username: Tara de Draiocht
Lion's Name: Barzillay
Lion's Image: Here
Lion's Info: He is a cosplay of Ironman and the reason for joining is to be with his mate Pimienta; who is on her pilgrimmage.
He maybe a party hard sort of fellow but he takes protecting those he loves seriously. Three words to describe him: cocky, strong (powerhouse), and confident.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Iarannmann

Approved  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 23, 2013 3:18 pm
I want to join!
Username: moineau bavarde
Lion's Name: Ige (born feet first)
Lion's Image: x
Lion's Info: Ige met Ele (owned by Painted Moose) while he was out on his pilgrimage, decided they were Total Bros, and followed him home. Ige has a tank-like personality and tends to decide that things are a certain way, then stick to the decision no matter what anybody else has to say. Fortunately most of the decisions she makes are that other lions are her Total Bro and they should be friends forever.

When it's time, I would like my lion's new name to be: Beshte (friend, pal, buddy)

Approved  

moineau bavarde

9,850 Points
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Invisibility 100
[IC] Jini-msemi Lands [IC]

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers