Submit

Saint Of Revenge

Chatty Nerd

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 8:50 pm
User ImageJaws That Bite had a death wish. She loved to take challenges and do dares that often had the chance of ending in horrible dismemberment all in the name of fun. Maybe that's why she had been driven to the southern shores of the sea. Those banks had claimed many a life with their quicksand and poisonous creatures of many shapes and sizes and Jabberwocky viewed them as the perfect place to earn a name for herself. Plus, she'd heard a wicked tribe lived along the borders and she wanted to prove that she was worthy of joining.

As she walked along the banks, her faithful companion a caiman she'd named Eyes of Flame walked along behind her, his eyes keeping watch. For whatever reason, the reptile never seemed satisfied with what prey he managed to catch - he was always hungry for more. Jabber could understand that, which is why she often hunted to feed the both of them. There was nothing like a good fish or small mammal to stave off hunger. Just as the thought crossed her mind, the doe's stomach gave a painful snarl. Yup, it was definitely time to go fishing. With that in mind she waded into the shallow water, careful not to step on anything for fear of death. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:13 pm
He had never seen anything like it. Left Behind was used to be engulfed by the mountain. The mountain was omnipresent, towering and powerful; it could take your life in an instant. But this was different. A Totoma could read the mountain. The sea was impenetrable, frightening and far too new to be understood.

He kept a good distance from the actual water, a heavy frown darkening his features as he paced along the shore. During his pacing he spotted a Kimeti and he stopped to watch as she waded into the sea, a large reptile at her hooves. If she were a Totoma, he would have said she was trying to earn a name. Braves-the-sea, he thought with a nod.

Left Behind wandered slowly closer.  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Saint Of Revenge

Chatty Nerd

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 10:51 am
Ruriska

Jabber rooted around in the water for some time, unaware of the fact that she was being watched. Every time she would come close to catching a fish it would somehow elude her ready mouth of quick hoof. Growing more and more frustrated, the doe finally sat down and waited. She knew that as soon as she was calm enough, a fish would come to her. But it wasn't always easy to be so patient.

Jaws That Bite stared off into space for a moment trying to reach the calm of the hunter. It was several minutes before she felt something swimming in the water near her front hoof. Peeking down, she made sure it wasn't anything that would harm her before she deftly squashed it with her waiting foot. Standing up, she crowed with victory before submerging her face into the water to catch her prey in her teeth. Ah! Victory was sweet.

As she waded back to the shore, Eyes of Flame blinked at her slowly before his head swung around to look toward the Totoma. Raising a brow, she tilted her head in question. The caiman seemed not to understand as he simply swished his tail. Performing that that was as close to a shrug as a four legged creature could do, Jabberwocky placed the fish down near her companion and called out to the other kin, "If you're trying to look for a weakness, now would probably not be the best time. But if you're looking for a meal, I can offer you some of my fish."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 6:46 pm
Saint Of Revenge

Left Behind had been watching her, but even so, he looked surprised when she called out. The Totoma trundled forward slowly, casting a suspicious look at the ocean, and then stopped when he was close enough to hold a respectable conversation without shouting. He shook his massive head. "I am grateful but that is your hard won meal." It seemed remiss of him to share in a meal he had not helped catch. He watched her curiously and then looked past her to the caiman. "You have tamed one of the great lizards... I will find no weakness here."  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Saint Of Revenge

Chatty Nerd

11,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Nerd 50
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 7:46 pm
Ruriska

Jabber's mouth twitched up into a smirk. Yes, she had "tamed" Eyes hadn't she? Well, if this male was going to respect her for a perceived accomplishment, best not to let him know the full story. And if he wasn't going to try to pull something, that was a-okay with her. Wasn't like she wanted to cause trouble when she'd just spent who knew how long catching her dinner. "Yeah, Eyes of Flame is a bit hard to handle. You get used to him, though."

She tilted her head slightly and looked him over closely. She'd heard through the grapevine that the Totoma were real and that they'd come down from the mountains. This had to be one of the big guys she'd heard so much about. "Anyways, they call me Jaws That Bite. And you are?"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:13 pm
Saint Of Revenge

“I do not think I would relish the idea of taking one of those beasts as my companion, but I admire your courage in doing so.” Left Behind was fairly certain that, if he wished, he could find and tame a great lizard of his own. But he was trying not to be too boastful around the female. Kimeti were quite different from Totoma. Certainly, they were not so straight-forward as his kind and there always seemed to be a certain air of mystery around them.

“Jaws That Bite.” He nodded. “I am Left Behind.” As always, there was a hint of pride as he spoke his name. After letting that sink it for a while, so that she would remember, he motioned towards the sea. “I have traveled far to reach this point. There is nothing like it in the mountains…”  

Ruriska

Invisible Dabbler

Roleplaying

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces