Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Drage Family Home

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 11:40 am
Dʀᴀɢᴇ Fᴀᴍɪʟʏ Hᴏᴍᴇ
Located in Little Hangleton, England
════════════════════════

User Image

Jacob Drage
Marcia Drage
Caden Drage

User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 10:26 am
Rᴇsɪᴅᴇɴᴛs
════════════════════════

User Image

xxxxxJᴀᴄᴏʙ Dʀᴀɢᴇ
xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇ/Wᴏʀᴋ/Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

User Image

xxxxxCʜᴀʀᴀᴄᴛᴇʀ's Nᴀᴍᴇ ɪɴ Aʟʟᴄᴀᴘs
            xxxxxHᴏᴍᴇ/Wᴏʀᴋ/Eʟsᴇᴡʜᴇʀᴇ

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 8:16 am
Ashton
David's Barn Owl

User Image

Ashton left Yvette's home to head to Jacob's another boy in Gryffindor. David had him going all over the place and man was it tough work he planned on talking a break when he got there. Once there he tapped on the closest window to get anyone's attention. Ashton collapsed on the window sill wishing this day was over.

The letter he carried said...

David
Dear Jacob,

Hey it's David. How's your summer going? I was wondering if you were bored enough to join a bunch of use in Diagon Ally to hang out and then maybe play some Quidditch afterwards? Xavier had idea and you're invited. Oh and it's his place we're going to for Quidditch. I sure hope you can came and hang let me know if you're in.

Seeya,

David Clarisse

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 am
User Image

Jacob sat back, relaxing in a chair in the back yard. After having spent nearly a year in the Hospital Wing (and boy, was that a weird thought) he didn't want to be cooped up inside. Instead, he was trying not to look at the flower beds around the yard. It, well, hurt too much. He'd been in a coma when his mother passed away, and he'd never even knew she had cancer. He tucked his arms together, still feeling weak from his months of convalescence. He never even got a chance to say good bye, and it made him feel worse about the fact that Rick never did either. He'd slowly been piecing together his brother's summer from a few years ago, and from everything he could figure, it had to do with his real mum and something bad happened. Now, he and his brother were in the same boat, losing their mothers because fate seemed to like screwing with the Drage men.

He sighed, thinking that maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to just fall off the face of the earth, when he noticed an owl winging over to him. He frowned. It seemed an odd time of day to receive owl post, didn't it? When the owl landed, he only had time enough to take the letter from it before taking flight again. Jacob blinked, and then looked at the letter in his hand. Nothing seemed wrong with the letter, and it was only addressed to him in an unknown hand. His eyebrows furrowed, he decided to open the letter to read it. Well, it seemed cryptic enough. He paused, suddenly thinking of the incident over the last school year. He'd been targeted, along with a lot of other people. Oh, hell. He stood, suddenly finding himself feeling exposed for more reasons than he cared to admit. Say what anyone will, but he did take his father's paranoia at times rather seriously. After all, he was right about not wanting Rick to go anywhere when he disappeared for a month.

Stalking back into the house, he reached his father's study, feeling nervous all of a sudden and wanting this whole ordeal behind him. Unfortunately, his demeanor must have tripped some sort of big brother instinct in Rick, because he came around the corner right as he reached the door, took one look at him, and before he could stop him, snatched the letter from his hand. "What's got you so worked up? You're never this bothered by post." Rick had said this all jokingly, but as he scanned the letter, his face became a bit stony. Looking toward his brother, he opened the door, deciding that he had to help his brother get their father's attention. After all, Garret had seemed a bit disturbed about something, at least since they had both been home, and Rick thought that maybe Jacob might need a bit of help.

Jacob made a face and snatched the letter back, deciding that maybe his brother was being a bit too overprotective for his own good. Sheesh, the older teen didn't seem to have any issue with grabbing his post and reading it. Steeling himself, he walked in, swallowing down the touch of nervousness that he felt. Both brothers knew what line of work their father was in, and knew that if given the chance, would grill them both for every shred of information they had. Garret, thankfully was in the office, seated behind his desk, and looked up as both brothers entered. Jacob squared his shoulders, thin as they still might be, and gave his father the letter. "This just came for me, in the post. I don't know who it's from, or where it came from. An owl just gave it to me and flew off before I could stop it."

Garret blinked up at both his sons, before his gaze settled on the letter in his youngest's hand. Jacob would never act this wary about anything, he thought, since usually the boy was more apt to act without thinking at times, whereas his oldest thought too much. He gestured for the letter, and when it was handed to him, he frowned at it. "You received this just now? Was it a normal post owl, or did it have any specific markings on it? Was there anything else with the letter, and did the letter do anything the moment you opened it?" The older man tapped the parchment with his wand several times, each time with a different spell on his lips. He then frowned, reading over the letter himself.

Jacob, for his part, sank into a chair, thankful that at least he wasn't under some sort of unseen scrutiny in his father's office. It wasn't like he was being watched, but he'd started feeling jumpy since the whole debacle with his coma. Well, that and having a notorious prankster for a housemate. He was itching to find the person that made him feel this nervous. He however nodded at his father's first question and decided to answer the others. "Yeah, just now, by a regular post owl. Didn't seem special in any way, and nothing else came with it. Didn't even do anything either, it just..." He shrugged, not wanting to tell his father how much the last school year had affected him. If Rick had jumped at shadows before and he had thought his brother was being paranoid, it now had a layer of understanding behind it. Who knew one bad experience could do this to a person?

Rick for his part decided to speak up, a touch of worry in his voice. He had experience himself in being in bad situations, and constantly felt he should have done more to prevent his own mother from killing an entire family. Three, if you counted his grandparents and Mel's. He swallowed. "Look, dad, you don't think it's some sort of lure to get certain people to a certain location, do you? I mean, I know I've never heard of such a group at Hogwarts, and you'd think that with the gossip chain around the school, something would have popped up, right?" He also refused to say the one question he wanted to ask, the one that he was afraid to because of what that could mean. Was his mother possibly behind it? Would she want to target Jacob next?

Garret shook his head, his eyes narrowing as he finished the letter and listened to his sons. "No, it does sound suspicious. I doubt Hogwarts has changed that much since the time I was last in it, and I have never heard of such a group, unless you counted Dumbledore's Army back in the day. But that was formed to combat Voldemort, and while that threat was dealt with, I've never heard of something that went after the school like that again." Until the curse, he thought. He looked at his youngest frankly, thinking that his son should know what he was going to ask. "Would you be willing to go to it if you felt safe?" Jacob was going to say something, but Garret held up a hand. "Look, I know you wouldn't feel comfortable doing it otherwise. You've been acting off, and part of me doesn't blame you. However, if it turns out to be a danger, I will be nearby to pull you out if necessary."

Jacob nodded, swallowing. Why did he feel like he was being put in the spotlight all of a sudden? He looked over to Rick, who looked like he was going to protest, and probably do something dumb. He decided to speak up first, feeling a bit of that inner Gryffindor rise up a bit and he looked back to his father. "I can do it. I mean, I have to get used to being out of it for a year, right? What other way than to try and do stuff outside the house?" He could almost swear his father looked pained when he stated that, and Rick looked like he was going to protest. However, Jacob felt a bit of his usual stubbornness come to play as he sat there, and decided to grin at his older brother, throwing Rick off a bit. "Besides, you never know, whole thing could be harmless, right?"

OOC: 1392 words! A new record!

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 11, 2014 11:11 pm
User Image
                                                      I have no way and therefore want no eyes
                                                      I stumbled when I saw. Full oft 'tis seen
                                                      our means secure us, and our mere defects
                                                      prove our commodities.

User Image
                                                      ════════════════════════

Rᴀᴠᴇɴᴄʟᴀᴡ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ || Dᴇᴘᴀʀᴛᴍᴇɴᴛ ᴏғ Mᴀɢɪᴄᴀʟ Lᴀᴡ Eɴғᴏʀᴄᴇᴍᴇɴᴛ Hᴇᴀᴅ || Mᴜɢɢʟᴇʙᴏʀɴ

════════════════════════

Garret walked into his home, more than ready for the day to be over. He'd been busy, what with the most recent instances of dementors and such from the ministry, and he was certain that his entire overtime load was dealing with it. He sighed, tossing a cloak onto a rack before he noticed a figure standing in the living room. He froze, wand already out and eyes narrowed. "Lumos." The whispered incantation lit the end of his wand, and his eyes widened as he spied one of the most wanted criminals standing quietly in his home, a child on her hip.

Her lips curved into a smile as she spied her former lover, and she walked forward, her hand already reaching for him when he stepped away. She then pouted, turning to look at the child with her. "Now, you see how Daddy treats your mummy? Awful manners to have around a lady, don't you think?" The child laid her head on Megan's shoulder, eyes watching as Garret nearly sputtered with indignation.

"Lady? I was unaware that that title held for you, considering what you have done. And what do you mean, daddy? I was unaware I had sired any more children" He glared, focusing his attention on Megan and not watching the child. No, he was not going to be dragged back into this. Megan was not going to play this twisted game with him again.

"Don't tell me no one explained to you what the birds and the bees were, Garret. I am pretty sure that you can figure that out. Besides, I have been with no other man since my last visit, so why can't I claim you as the father?" She started advancing, her gaze levelled at his.

"Don't do this. Don't you dare lie to me again. Don't you dare drag another child into this Megan." His words were cold, not directed at the child, but at the mother holding said child. He didn't want to fail another kid because of her. He'd failed too many for his hands to be clean. Rick, the Blackstones, everyone that died because of her he had failed. He was not going to fail another.

"Drag another child into this? Into what? What you made me? You created the monster. You reap what you sow." Megan's voice was sing-song, her smile edged. "You stole my baby away from me, not once, but twice! Why can't I have a child I can raise, Garret? Is it because your mud-filled lineage is more pure than mine?" She stepped forward again, her gaze level.

"Are you going to use the child as a shield then Megan? I would suggest not. If you do, you will have more blood on your hands. I never created the monster, you did this to yourself." His wand steady, he waited. He knew her from experience, and he didn't want to see another child hurt, even one of hers. He just hoped he could get her away before Megan snapped.

Too late, he realized her expression changed to one of rage, and she launched herself at him, her expression murderous as she flung the child at the nearest couch to draw her own wand. The child started shrieking, and Garret blocked it out, launching a spell at Megan, trying to subdue her. Megan sidestepped, and launched her own spell, a stinging hex. Garret had barely enough time to dodge before tossing another spell, and then another, laying out a barrage of spells to try and get to her.

The red-haired woman was more crafty, however, and proceeded to move toward the door as she dodged and deflected the spells. Wrenching the door open, she fled, trying to escape. Several pops sounded from outside, followed by a very distinctive shriek and a "Bloody hell!" from a very familiar voice. Then several voices outside were shouting their own spells, and a pop resounded from outside, leaving Garret to face his family.

He didn't pay any attention to them as he went over to examine the child she had left behind. Red hair, the same shade that she once possessed in baby pictures, topped the young girl, while clear blue eyes stared at him from a face that was hauntingly familiar. She was still shrieking as he lifted her up to examine her for any injuries, and finding none, he sighed a bit in relief. He then noticed a figure stepping around the couch to crouch down, another head of red so familiar he was shocked for a moment, thinking it was Megan again.

Instead, Rick's voice sounded. "T-that was m-mum, wasn't it?" Garret could tell his son sounded terrified, and Garret didn't even want to know what kind of horrors Rick was envisioning in his head at the moment. He opened his mouth to say something, when Rick noticed the many similarities in the child in his arms. "Oh, god, no, no no nononono! This can't be happening again! You didn't? Merlin, please say you didn't!"

Garret watched as his oldest sunk down onto the couch, his face white. He then noticed his youngest son come in, grumbling under his breath and realizing that Jacob had probably gone out after Megan. Terror gripped his heart as he noticed his youngest son was unharmed, but shaken as well, and looking at him. The boy's face fell as he noticed the baby, and quickly came forward to take the baby. "Dad, what's going on, and..." Realization dawned as he looked from Rick, to his father, and then back toward the door, putting two and two together. Garret was thankful his children weren't dumb, but this was probably the worst time that any of them could have an epiphany. "No ruddy way. ******** Dad! Seriously? After what happened the last time? You let it happen again?"

Garret was thankful at that moment when he heard the voice of Timothy sound. What was he doing here? A cold feeling settled into his stomach as he thought about it. Merlin, Timothy knew! He didn't flinch as Timothy took the baby from Jacob, and then gave it a good long look before looking at Garret. A sombre expression fell over his face as he looked to the teens in the room. "Boys, get out. I need to speak with your father." A protest started from Jacob before Timothy levelled a stare that could have cut steel at the boy. "Now Jacob. I don't ruddy care if the Queen walked into this room at the moment wanting to speak with me, I want to have a conversation with Garret alone."

Both Jacob and Rick left. Jacob having to lead his older brother up the stairs before casting a look back down. It was one that Garret would have identified immediately, and he felt small and worthless. He'd ******** up, big time. This wasn't a random fling. He'd slept with a murderess. He buried his face in his hands, not wanting to see anything.

"Jeez, Gar, what the bloody hell did you just do? I mean, Megan? You couldn't find some girl in London or something while you were grieving?" Garret's head shot up, his eyes fixing on his long-time friend. He then turned to the baby, realizing for the first time that the timeframe looked to be right.

"What should I do then? I mean, I can't just leave her at the orphanage or something. A child deserves a better life than that!" Garret threw up his hands, wishing he had better answers for Timothy.

"I don't suggest you raise her at all. Gar. Seriously, I remember what state Rick was in when I first met him. I don't know what you did to the boy, but I do remember my parents putting him in your care. Plus, if Megan came around again, she would try the same thing she did with Rick and try and use her. I don't want to see it happen." Timothy rocked the child, making cooing noises at the girl as her earlier shrieks died down to simple hiccups. He then looked up. "I don't even know if Megan ever named her. She needs to have one."

"Clarice." Garret looked toward the young girl, a frown pulling at the corners of his mouth. "Megan always wanted to name a daughter Clarice." Timothy nodded, and he looked over to Garret, hoping that his best friend wasn't falling into a depression.

════════════════════════
                                                      State: Distraught
                                                      OOC: ...

PostPosted: Wed Apr 24, 2019 12:06 am
User Image
                                                All the hurt, all the lies
                                                All the tears that they cry
                                                When the moment is just right
                                                You see fire in their eyes
                                                'Cause he’s stronger than you know
                                                A heart of steel starts to grow

User Image

════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ || Aᴜʀᴏʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Jacob watched as Jaslyn paced. Ever since finding out that his girlfriend's brother had a kid, was actually a vampire, and was, as she put it, 'completely insane', Jacob wasn't sure what to make of it anymore. Especially since Jaslyn was determined to prove that not just Virgil was unfit, but so was Darius and Belle. While no, Jacob didn't have Jaslyn's experiences with her family, he doubted that Darius was that bad. Then again, he recalled that they hadn't exactly gotten along before. That was something that Jacob couldn't quite wrap his head around to be honest. Sure, he and Rick didn't get along all the time, neither had he and Clarice, but he had cared about his half-siblings, and refused to see them as anything less than full siblings. Which, Jaslyn did realize that he had just as bad of a family as she did, and while Clarice was dubious at best, he still cared about her and hoped that she got help.

Folding his hands and leaning forward, he sighed as Jaslyn turned around again, watching her jaw work as she seemed to try and find the words. "This is stupid," she announced, causing Jacob's eyebrows to raise. "I can't see why Darius of all people would refuse to let me take Eitan. It's not like he wants the kid, and I'd be much better at it than Virgil would."

"I wouldn't know." Jacob admitted. "I don't know Virgil well enough, other than he used to date Rick. I could ask him about what he thinks, since he's closer to Virgil than I am." Honestly he wanted to see what Rick thought of the whole situation. He was pretty sure his brother was likely to see something he was missing.

Jaslyn turned around and frowned at Jacob. "Why ask him? My brother screwed with him too. Why would he care about how Virgil is?"

"They used to date?" Jacob shrugged. "Look, all I know about him is that he and Darius used to fight all the time, and that something happened between him and Rick and they started seeing each other. That in addition to the fact that when the two of you were caught by your dad, he'd somehow saved you or something? I'm fuzzy on the details there, since you never really said what happened."

"I shouldn't have to." Jaslyn pouted, looking at Jacob and crossing her arms. "Look, I know you're trying to tell me that Virgil isn't that bad, but he seriously is. He was with Megan. How could there be anything good about him?"

Jacob froze, staring at his girlfriend with shock. "And so was Rick. That doesn't mean that Rick's evil, and it doesn't necessarily make your brother evil either. I just don't understand why you're determined to do this."

"Because he's insane." Jacob looked at Jaslyn, waiting for her to elaborate, and Jaslyn continued. "When we were kidnapped, Virgil had this crazy personality in him and it came out and nearly got me killed and made me..."

Jacob swallowed, wincing and trying to push the fact that they both had lost their child that day out of his mind as Jaslyn went quiet. It was still a very sore topic for him, years later, and he honestly didn't know how Jaslyn managed to pick herself up after. He took a deep breath and sighed, rubbing his face while looking out the window. Marcia and Caden were both outside, playing and completely oblivious to their parents' conversation. When he looked back to Jaslyn, he nodded. "I'll try talking to Darius, see if I can persuade him or explain why, but Jaslyn, I hate to say it, but we've already got two crazy wizards after our family. Do we really need to piss off a crazy vampire too?"

Jaslyn's eyes never wavered, and she shook her head. "Eitan would be better not being raised by a psycho. Don't you think that's worth it?"

Jacob nodded again, though he wondered if it was bad that he already worried about how determined Jaslyn was. His uncle had been that determined, once upon a time, back when Timothy had told his dad that Clarice needed to stay away from Garret. However, it didn't stop Jacob from watching his baby sister walk willing toward their father and her mother, knowing they were insane. Standing, he walked over to her and wrapped his arms around her, feeling her tremble slightly. He didn't blame her. He was scared, too.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: I hope Jaslyn knows what she's doing...
                                                OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

She's got lions in her heart
                                                A fire in her soul
                                                He's a got a beast in his belly
                                                That's so hard to control
                                                'Cause they've taken too much hits
                                                Taking blow by blow
                                                Now light a match, stand back, watch them explode

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 26, 2019 1:16 am
User Image
                                                Lay down a list of what is wrong
                                                The things you've told her all along
                                                Pray to God, she hears you
                                                And I pray to God, she hears you

User Image

════════════════════════

Mᴜɢɢʟᴇ-Bᴏʀɴ || Aᴜʀᴏʀ || Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Aʟᴜᴍɴɪ

════════════════════════

Jacob waited, his hands folded as he stared down at them. He was seated at the table, their table, the one that they had chosen together, waiting for her to get in. He'd been delaying this talk for months now, trying to refute in his own mind Darius's claims about Jaslyn and her actions lately. He absolutely hated considering what Darius said, since he'd painted Jaslyn in a bad light, but there was some truth to his claims. He'd had to actually take a step back and look at his relationship with her objectively instead of...

He rubbed his face with his hands, hoping that he could have a civil conversation with Jaslyn instead of the potential argument he was foreseeing. He'd sent the kids over to Darius's place to avoid them overhearing what was going to happen, and he had already cast muffling charms around so that the neighbours wouldn't hear anything. That still didn't mean that he liked the implication that he was preparing for an argument. He just... He didn't know how to fix this, and he'd been working hard to make it work.

When Jaslyn went off for weeks on end, he'd be the one to tell their kids that she was working. When he would come home late and discover that Jaslyn had disappeared again and the kids were at a neighbour's house, he'd been the one that went to collect them and owl his office that he couldn't pull any late shifts for a while. He'd make excuses too, stating that Jaslyn was a free spirit and that she loved her freedom to come and go, and yet Jacob felt like he'd been trapped. Not that he regretted having kids, he loved Marcia and Caden too much to think of leaving them like Jaslyn did, and yet he knew that his job as an auror was likely to end with him dead as much as him growing to an old age. He also knew that he didn't want to end up like his father, watching Jaslyn flit in and out of his life like Megan did with Garret.

He glanced up as he heard the crack of someone apparating, and he held his breath. Soon enough, he saw the knob to the front door turn and watched as Jaslyn walked into the home. Their home, the one he'd inherited from Garret, his childhood home. He shoved that thought from his mind as Jaslyn entered the dining room, glancing around as she spotted Jacob sitting at the table with a frown. "Jake, what's the matter? Where's the kids?"

Jacob stomped down on his nervousness and nodded toward the seat across from him. "Jas, we need to talk. It's, um, it's serious."

He watched Jaslyn take a seat and give him a look of confusion. God, this wasn't how he wanted to spend his evening, but they needed to talk before it got any worse and hopefully it helped. "What's wrong? Did something happen to the kids?"

Jacob bit his tongue on his first thought to cross his mind (How would you know? You're not home most evenings!) and instead took a deep breath. "No, the kids are fine. They're over at Darius's place." His gut twisted before he wrangled his own emotions into some semblance of order. "It's about... us."

Jaslyn blinked in surprise, but her eyes narrowed dangerously and Jacob could see the resemblance between her and her brothers more strongly now. "What about us?

"Jaslyn..." He hesitated, and shook himself out of it before he continued. "You missed Marcia's birthday." He ignored the fact that she'd missed his several years in a row, but he didn't want to go there.

"I thought it was this month." Jaslyn's voice was proper, refined, and Jacob could almost see her drawing old ingrained habits around herself. "It's the thirtieth, right?"

"Twentieth." He refrained from flinching, trying to keep his voice even. "She asked where her mum was. I told her you were in St. Petersburg." It wasn't something he thought he'd wanted to say, but Marcia was a bright child and would know that he was lying. She'd gotten good at identifying that lately. "Jas, I can't keep lying to our kids. Either of them. I know you love travelling, but I can't do this. I'm an auror. They can't grow up like this."

Jaslyn's eyes narrowed further. "That means that you're the best person to protect our kids."

Jacob was already shaking his head as she spoke. "That's wrong. I can't protect them when I'm not home. Not when I'm on assignment, or at the office. The problem is, my job's dangerous. Exceedingly so. I could go into the office tomorrow and not come home at all, and it wouldn't be anything I could stop."

Jaslyn's mouth twisted into a frown. "You could just quit, you know." Jacob stared at her for a moment in disbelief, and she went on to elaborate. "You said the job's difficult, and it's dangerous, and could leave the kids alone. The easiest thing to do would be to quit."

Jacob continued staring before shaking his head. "Did you just seriously tell me to quit my job? The job that's paying for everything? Jaslyn, I don't come from a family with money! I can't just quit! How the hell would we actually pay for everything?"

Jaslyn snorted. "I still have access to the Ross fortune. it's not like we'd be broke or anything."

Jacob was still shaking his head. "You mean the same fortune that Darius is in control of? The person that you're trying to prove isn't a fit parent or something? Didn't he work to make sure that it didn't run dry since Virgil gave it to him?"

She waved a hand. "And I'm entitled to a third of the fortune. I'm pretty sure that Erissa's dead by now, and that.. thing shouldn't even be getting anything from it anyway."

Jacob chose to ignore the fact that Jaslyn just called her twin a thing, and instead focused back on the problem with that scenario. "And what are we supposed to do? Travel the world? I don't want to do that. I like my job when I can do it properly. How is that fair to me when you're getting to do what you want to do and telling me to sacrifice everything?"

"I don't understand why you're so upset." Jaslyn's voice grew cooler, and Jacob clenched his fist in frustration. "What, you're telling me that I have to give up what I love so you can do what you want?"

Jacob had about enough. "What the hell do you think I've been doing? I've been doing everything while you're off running around to Merlin knows where! Your kids don't even know you!"

Jaslyn stared at him for a moment, colour rising to her cheeks before she stood abruptly. "I think we need a break from each other."

"A break? We don't even see each other as it is. What even is a break to us?"

Jaslyn shook her head. "Fine, not a break then. You're trying to tell me what to do, just like everyone else in my life. How are you any better than Virgil? Chance? They wanted me to be a princess. What do you expect me to be?"

"I expect you to be a mother to your kids!" Jacob swallowed, his fists clenching at his sides. "I expect to not have to worry that if something does happen to me that the kids won't be alone! Is that too much to ask?"

He'd stood, and didn't remember doing so. Jaslyn regarded him for a moment. "I'll go gather my things then. I can tell when I'm not wanted."

"I never said that." Jacob's own voice had grown cool, his expression struggling to stay neutral as he felt something crack deep within him.

"You didn't have to." With that, Jaslyn made for the stairs, and Jacob stared helplessly. After she left, he sat back at their - no, his table and wept.

════════════════════════
                                                Thinking: She just... Why?
                                                OOC:

-◎-

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Where did I go wrong? I lost a friend
                                                Somewhere along in the bitterness
                                                And I would have stayed up with you all night
                                                Had I known how to save a life

Private Homes

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff