Welcome to Gaia! ::

THIS IS HALLOWEEN: Deus Ex Machina

Back to Guilds

Welcome to Deus Ex Machina, a humble training facility located on a remote island. 

Reply { Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here
[PRP] Coffee Break (Tedan & Saya)

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 10:55 pm
Tedan had decided by this point ... that he really, really, really hated phoenixes. In various stories and legends and the like that he remembered from growing up, they'd seemed pretty cool. I mean, bird that dies and is reborn in flame? Sounded kind of awesome.

In real life, though? NOT AWESOME. Especially not when they brought insanity along with them, destroyed things, and generally made like difficult. Dragging himself back to the base after running about for what seemed like hours, Tedan made for the nearest source of coffee like some kind of zombie. A shirtless zombie.

Not even noticing or caring if anyone else was nearby, the Sun trainee muttered something under his breath about '******** birds' and somehow managed to obtain a cup of caffeinated goodness without spilling it all over the place. Then he zombied over to a clear spot to sit down and just .... held that cup close for a moment or two. Mmmn... it was warm. Smelled good.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 11:15 pm
More than a few trainees could sympathize with the exhaustion of the remaining insanity and the arrangements that the base had been forced to make. Saya was also similarly tired but she didn't care for the bitter taste of coffee nearly as much. So she settled on water, whose recharging skills were probably at an all time negative. Perhaps, on her next day out, she would remember to grab some hot cocoa instead. Her dorm room was in no shape to be in and so she was lingering in base for the moment.

She spied another hunter nearby.

He was holding the cup. Was he cold?

Saya approached with one of the thin towels that the base gave out, although the purpose it served was meager .. It was something.

"Cold?"

Of course, he would be cold shirtless. Or at least, that was what Saya thought.

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 am
It took him a moment to realize that anyone was even talking to him, the dark-haired trainee blinking slowly before finally glancing up toward Saya. What did she ask? Was he cold..? Frowning slightly, he thought about that. "Not really. More ... tired, than anything else." Noticing the towel then, the corners of his lips quirked up in a faint smile.

"Even if I was, though, I'm not sure that would help much. I think I've got a spare shirt around .... somewhere. But the way things are going today, I might as well leave it off." Yup, knowing his luck if he put on another shirt, someone else would yell at him about it and rip that one off. Not that he minded too terribly much, it was just. Odd. But then again, what wasn't odd these days?  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 9:26 pm
"Oh. Okay, I see." Saya folded the towel in her hand as she spoke, making her way to the nearest vending machine. It didn't have coffee, the coffee machine placed further down the building, dropping in some change for a carton of apple juice instead.

The machine was nearby and she spoke as she walked back, standing near the male hunter.

"Did you hear? Dorms are back up-- some are destroyed though but perhaps, y-you might be lucky enough to find yours in a good condition?" Saya suggested, sharing the good news. Hunters did have quite the lack of good news these days so this was a cheery part of the week.

Although, Saya's room was .. Well, why else would she be back at base temporarily?

manda

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 11, 2012 4:01 pm
Tedan blinked slowly at that. Oh ... the others must have finished cleaning them up after he went to take his break. That was good news, despite the combined bad news that a lot of rooms were destroyed. "I hadn't heard yet, thanks for telling me. I'll have to go check my room in a bit."

Then he seemed to quite suddenly recall such things as manners and shook his head slightly then offered the other a tired smile. "Name's Tedan, by the way. Sun division."

Random Artist

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2012 3:11 am
"Oh. I'm Saya! Moon division. You have an amazing division leader, Allan-taichou and Simon. You're quite lucky to have them. Sun and Moon work together a lot." Saya might have sounded a little fangirling when she said that.

Of course, with the most recent loss of the Moon Division leader .. Shaking her head, Saya returned Tedan's tired smile. She took a silent sip of her apple juice, content to let the moment sit in silence.

She didn't really know what to say.

manda

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 11:47 am
Tedan blinked at her tone of voice when she talked about the Sun leads, but then smiled slightly. Yea, they did sort of ... have that effect on people, didn't they? He too, fell silent for a few minutes, sipping at that coffee and wondering if maybe he shouldn't get something to eat too. He wasn't particularly hungry, but at the same time ... couldn't remember the last time he did eat. Thus, dilemma.

What she said about Sun and Moon working together a lot was true, though. They kinda complimented one another - offense and defense. "I dunno if there's gonna be any more monsters around or not but if there are ... want to partner up, maybe?"

Random Artist

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 4:00 pm
That was the first time somebody asked to partner up with Saya. Perhaps it was just a small question in the overall scene of of Deus but her eyes were shining.

"Sure! Anytime-- Just call me and I'll try my best to make my way towards you. Do you have my number?" Saya took out her cell phone, clumsily pressing the buttons. Ah, hunte rphones were basic but cell phones weren't exactly in Saya's sphere of things.

Especially texting.

manda

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jun 17, 2012 4:33 pm
"I don't think so ..." Tedan mumbled, pulling out his own phone. Which was surprisingly (at least to him) not dented or scratched up too much. Maybe they did something to these things to make them more durable? They'd almost have to, come to think of it.

He noticed after a moment how much she was fumbling with her phone and blinked a little. Did she originally come from someplace where cell phones weren't very common?

Random Artist

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2012 8:49 pm
"Just tell me yours and Ill call you so you have mines." Saya suggested, leaving the empty apple juice carton next to her. She leaned her back against a pillar, resting her weight.

manda

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2012 10:17 am
"Oh that works too!" Tedan replied with a tired sort of grin. It would be easier that way probably. He quickly rattled off his number for her, then waited for her to call him.

[quote="Random Artist"  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2012 4:22 pm
Soon enough, a call reached Tedan's cell phone. The moment of waiting in between always left a pleasantly awkward pause, the trainee smiling sheepishly as her eyes met Tedan's. Even though the call should have been hung up at this point, Saya placed the phone to her ear, her voice cheerful. Even though the male trainee was across from her, Saya figured that a little tiny boldness couldn't hurt.

"What do you say to a late night search for a meal? If you're tired, I can try to bring something back for you." She suggested, her sheepish smile growing a little larger.

manda
Do you want to end it soon *u* on just eating snacks/or something/IDK WHAT XD

revenant aria

Manda

Skilled Explorer

8,700 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 23, 2012 5:32 pm
At first Tedan wasn't even holding the phone to his ear since he didn't expect her to actually answer the call. Just maybe hang up and then save the number. So there was a moment or two of fumbling as he picked up the phone ... then realized that was kind of stupid since she was sitting right across from him.

Shaking his head, the Sun trainee laughed softly, mostly at his own reaction. "Sure, something to eat sounds good to me. I might swing by my dorm room then ... see how bad the damage is."

Random Artist
We could have it fade off in a post or two with them finding some snacks sure~

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 2:49 am
There wasn't a lot of snacks to be found in Deus so both trainees might have come to the well-done conclusion, one would have to start a new stash when they got a day off in the human world. Or at least, that was the conclusion Saya came to when her room had nothing left.

It looked like the money they made from their recent missions or clearing out monsters wasn't going to go towards anything extravagant this time.

Saya would have to ponder this asleep, back at base.

manda

revenant aria

{ Completed Events } -------- Past Event Archives Here

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces