Welcome to Gaia! ::

.:. Shadows of Africa - Moving! .:.

Back to Guilds

Reply [IC] Rogue Lands [IC]
[SRP] Unlikely Sisters (( Fainauriel x Úsahtiel ))

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:26 am
User Image

Home was in the trees. Learning medication was what Fainauriel loved to do. She was smart and she knew it. Picking herbs at the root of the trees that made up her paradise, she moved with long, elegant strides. Every once in a while she would stop and listen. Her 'sister' was following her, making sure she was going to be alright in the jungle by herself. It wasn't that Fain didn't know how to fight, her strength just wasn't there. It was in her ability to figure out what herbs stopped bleeding, which helped with pain, which helped infection and so forth. The possibilities were endless and fascinating to her.

She heard the signal that meant Úsahtiel wanted to be done with this and head back to their den. Frowning, her light eyes looked up towards the branches and she arched a brow.

"We just started, Úsa. You can't seriously be wanting to go home already. I haven't gotten anything." Her tone was light, knowing her sister would hear it. They were born and raised here, so naturally they had honed their senses to look out for each other. "Come down and we'll drag out that stash of zebra we hid yesterday. We're close to it. You're just hungry, aren't you?" Her tone was now teasing, grinning heavily at that and laughing.

She watched as her sister's red-brown coat fell from the trees to land in front of her with a frown on her lips. "See, I know you too well."

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:30 am
User Image

Light green eyes narrowed as she frowned at her sister, tail flicking. "Look, just because you like to play with herbs, doesn't mean I do. Can't we just go hunting? Or swimming, even? For a jungle, this is an unusually warm summer and it's making me way too hot." Huffing heavily, Úsahtiel sat on her haunches and just sulked, watching her sister rummage around in the bushes. What was the good thing about plants? Plants were green and sometimes they made her feel better, but honestly? Úsa didn't get hurt all that often. That was more on Dayada, a male who'd taken quite well to the jungle. He was still clumsy, but he was getting better out it.

Stretching herself out, she looked around and licked her lips. "Well, I'll find the zebra and eat. I'll drag you back a leg, but after you eat we should go home. It's not like there aren't the same herbs there, right?"

She wasn't trying to be ignorant, but honestly? They all looked the same.

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:34 am
The paler female groaned heavily at her sister's comment and rolled her eyes. "No, we can't just go back home. There's no way I can find the herb for curing infection near the den. It's actually further up by the river. I've told you this like a million times!" Finally, she snapped at her and turned her head, frowning.

"Just bring the zebra and come here. I need you to carry this big leaf back to the den while I search for more herbs afterwards." She'd always used her sister to run herbs back and forth from the den. One day she would use her children to do the same, but for now, that would have to wait. No one could be trusted but the red female.

Since they were little her and Úsahtiel had always relied on each other. Why shouldn't she ask it of her sister now? Though, but the look on Úsahtiel face, she'd somehow managed to piss her off. Sighing, she rolled her eyes, preparing for the rant that was coming her way.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:43 am
"Look, Fainauriel! Just because you're the one gathering the herbs doesn't mean I'll take them back for you! Stop being lazy and do it yourself! I don't like carrying your stinking herbs back and forth all day. I have better things to do! Like, I don't know, hunt. Run off other species since you don't like them, protect you. Hmm, do any of those sound good to you?"

Her growl escaped her throat. Úsahtiel had tried to keep it in, but sometimes Fain just pissed her off to the point she had to yell. Her fur bristled as she got to her paws and stalked off.

She would find that damn zebra. She would find it and eat most of it and leave the bad, nasty parts for Fain. That's how mad she was. Her sister could find her own food. After all, Úsahtiel had killed the zebra and dragged it back herself. So her sister could just shove it where the sun doesn't shine. Sighing heavily, she stopped a few feet away and looked around, brows knitting again. Now where was the body again? Oh right. Turning to the left, the red cheetah continued walking.

The sound of familiar foot steps made her pause and look back. "What do you want?"

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:47 am
Well, she'd expected yelling, but not that much. Her ears had pinned back during Úsahtiel speach and made her brows knit together. She really did ask a lot of her red sister. She didn't always realize it until things came to a boil like they were doing now.

The last time this happened, Úsahtiel didn't talk to her for a week. She felt truly alone then and had promised her she wouldn't do it again. Now she was in the same situation as before. Cursing mentally as her sister walked off, Fianauriel hesitated. Should she go after her? Would it be the best time to apologize right now? Her tail flicked as she thought, frowning as her stomach felt like it was dropping.

Finally, she got up and raced after her sister. It wasn't hard to follow her; after all, she was there when the body was hid too. When her sister turned around and asked her that, she sighed heavily and closed her eyes.

"...I'm sorry, Úsahtiel.. I know I ask a lot of you. I don't mean to! I don't even think about it when I do... I just get so focused on my plants..." She let her voice trail off. It sounded like she was just making excuses for herself. "...Sorry.." That's all she could repeat right now.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 07, 2012 1:51 am
Damn Fain for making her feel like she was in the wrong. Sighing heavily, Úsahtiel looked to the side and shrugged a little. "...Whatever. Look, just.. Stop and think every once in a while. For being the smarter of us you sure are stupid a lot." Her eyes had a smile to them and it spread down to her mouth. Rolling her eyes again, the red female moved over and nudged her sister before heading off for the zebra again.

Word Count: 1114

Bronze Coffee

Stubborn Senshi

13,275 Points
  • Mega Tipsy 100
  • Tycoon 200
  • Elocutionist 200
[IC] Rogue Lands [IC]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers