Reply Roleplaying
[PRP] Of Literal Exaggeration (Giveforward x Thaw) Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2012 2:09 pm
User Image This had not been the first time her offering of help had been taken badly. It seemed that there were quite a lot of kin that simply refused that they couldn't do any and every thing. And mere mention of help sent them off into a flurry of anger. She didn't understand it, never would, but it was unpleasant all the same. All she wanted to do was be of assistance, make them smile -- why was that such a horrid thing? But this latest kin had been a little different from the normal refusal (getting lost was really very hard).

The smile had been off. Or maybe it was the eyes. It had made her feel a little unsettled but then she'd been asked, quite seriously it seemed, to go tame a caiman. And she'd been much too delighted to be able to help -- to be asked -- that she'd bounced and laughed and promised she would. Now, however, she was realizing that she had no idea how to tame a caiman at all!

Which was why she found herself settled near a rather large pond. There was no reason to fret about the taming part. She had to find one first. Perhaps she would be lucky and a knowledgeable kin would find her to tell her how to tame what other kin would avoid.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:40 am
User Image

Thaw had spent many seasons in the swamp, and though he thought it was arrogant to call himself wise, he did not deny that he had a knowledge of the swamp that some youngsters did not. It was part of the reason he liked to help people. Sometimes what people needed was just another to listen to their troubles.

The warm season was coming, was already upon them if the current weather was an indicator of that. His little garden was withering in the heat. So Thaw headed out towards a spring not too far away from his current home to get some water. He grabbed the clam shell he used to carry water back and forth. It had been when he was younger, when he wandered the swamp endlessly. On one of those trips, he'd found himself by the sea. Thaw was long past his traveling days. He liked the peace and familiarity of the swamp, but the shell itself had proven itself more than useful.

He was surprised to see a doe sitting next to the pond. It wasn't that he didn't like people, it was just that Thaw was relatively sure the area he lived in was fairly secluded. That and he'd never seen the doe before. She looked troubled, staring into the depths of the pond. Thaw moved towards her.

"And why," he said bending down, "are you staring into these waters? Did you lose something?"

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:43 pm
Giveforward lifted her head, sweet green eyes taking in the buck, and with a swift little shake she attempted to shift the bangs away from her eyes. It did little good for the hair settled right back into place. It was a good thing she had long grown used to it.

"Oh, no, no. I haven't lost anything," she replied. At first it seemed as though that was all she would offer but then she rose, shaking out the sleep that had settled into her limbs. Perhaps he knew something about finding or taming caiman. She hoped the kin's want for such a fierce pet was not a secret.

"Would you happen to know if there are any caiman here?" She smiled and it was a wonder that this sweet doe would want to find the smaller cousin of the kin-feared crocodile. Although it was probably best -- taming a crocodile would have been a much harder task.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 3:59 pm

The buck could not hide the expression of shock that came to his face. The doe in front of him was a little thing, so sweet and very endearing. Thaw had only just met her and still, he was charmed. The slight shake of her head, was also very endearing, though her hair had not shifted at all. Thaw wondered about that, he'd met quite a few kin in his life. Some with hair, and others without. Perhaps it was a genetic trait. Three of his own children had been born with hair, but the forth had none.

"A caiman?" He asked, both perplexed and amused, "and why would you be searching for one of those?"

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 4:32 pm
She pursed her mouth, eyes shifting upward, wondering if it would be all right to tell. It had not been a heartfelt plea or even a secret confession. And there was really no need to give a name. Plus there was no shame in asking for help. With a nod of her head, she approached the buck.

"I met a kimeti the other day, you see, and he," she felt her skin warm at the memory. He had not be the most pleased with her offers of help. "He was under some duress and told me to go find a caiman." She lowered her head, briefly -- she understood it was a strange request though never had it crossed her mind that he hadn't meant it. But she had been asked and she would do her very best to find one.

"I think he must be awfully lonely to want one. Do you know if there are any here?" she asked. She'd be terribly disappointed if there weren't but she was sure they were found somewhere.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:07 am
"Aha, I see."

Thaw nodded slowly, as old men were oft to do. So this young doe had been asked to find a caiman. He had his doubts about the validity, and sincerity, of the request but that...was a different matter.

"Unfortunately, there are no caimans in this pond. Or the one near it. I should hope not! I have just planted a batch of waterlilies and would loath to find a caiman in one of the ponds. However, there are many foxbuns and mongooses around here. Cranes and songbirds too. Perhaps we can catch one of those for your friend instead. Caimans are terrible company in my opinion."

Hunting for animals was much safer than sending the poor girl off on a caiman chase. Caimans, though smaller, were still formidable foes. Thaw would hate for her to get hurt on what was most probably a joke.

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:05 pm
Giveforward frowned at that. Not a single caiman? Well that was good for him, and the Motherfather knew she wouldn't want his waterlilies to be plagued but whatever was she going to do for that lonesome buck...

She took in his words, ears high and alert. Those would be much easier to catch. She knew that without having ever caught one. Foxbuns were often found and willing to cuddle. Mongoose could often be enticed to come with some berries. Songbirds were much fun to speak with, she thought. But the idea of a crane never would sit right with her. Not unless the crane chose her, she thought. There was a part of her that may well have agreed with him but then --

"Oh no, no. Caiman are really very lovely!" she defended. She took a step forward, "They are only misunderstood and it's very hard to blame them. You see, most kin hate them something terrible. I'm sure you'd find it much harder to be so very nice if you knew lots of other kin hated you." The explanation was rather simple and her sweet tone, the earnestness, expelled any hint that it may have been a rebuke -- if it had been, it was entirely unconscious.

There was a bout of silence, her teeth catching on the inside of her lips as she thought. "It wouldn't be right to catch him a different pet without talking to him first. It'd be very disappointing, really. I'm sure there's a lovely caiman somewhere who wants a friend!"  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:32 am
For a second, Thaw thought he had convinced the poor girl otherwise. He should have known better than that, it was never this easy.

"Perhaps that is so. Perhaps the caiman are just misunderstood. But what if one day the caiman decides he does not like his friend and bites him? What would you do then?"

Thaw took in the earnestness in her eyes. This poor doe really believed in what she was saying. He wondered if she was being tricked. He hoped not. Who could trick such a sweet doe?

"And even if you could find a caiman so kind as to not bite, you could not find one here. I spend half my day in these surrounding ponds and am not quite sorry to report that there isn't a single caiman here."

The buck shot her a kind smile. "It would be bad to go back empty handed. Let us find your friend another friend in the meantime and if he should want a caiman even after that, then I will help you in your search."

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2012 5:00 pm
The good-hearted doe shuffled, each hoof dragging a little in the dirt, as she weighed the options. It seemed quite rude to deny this buck's help and yet the other buck had specifically said a caiman. Needless of such a want, there were none here. And he had a point. If she found the caiman bit its owner, she would feel very badly for it. Although perhaps the pet would have reason to; it was very hard to tell the future.

"I feel it would be wrong to ignore his request. It must have taken some courage to ask me to make his wish come true," she began and then smiled, as if to reassure him -- whether that she was not indeed rejecting his offering or heading off into a den of caimans. "But it wouldn't be right at all to ignore your help, either."

It took her a moment and then a sliver of granite slammed into her back and limbs wiping away any indecision. Rather than such a change in mindset setting hardness into her face, it merely added determination to her already apparent sweetness.

"Yes, all right then," she agreed. His idea was a fine compromise, the perfect middle ground needed.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 10:51 pm
Thaw was glad he'd managed to talk Giveforward out of seeking a caiman. He was starting to believe that he could not change her mind, and Thaw could not let a young one wander out in search of such dangerous things by themselves. The buck thought briefly of what critters he'd seen in the vicinity often. Perhaps one of them would appease the sweet doe and her mysterious friend.

"There are quite a few songbirds, moths, and cranes around here. Occasionally I have seen a turtle and otter too, which do you think your friend would prefer most?"

anemosagkelos

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2012 5:11 am
Minsuil
Songbirds were quite lovely, she knew. Often she found herself drawn to sing with them -- her voice was not even close to as melodic as theirs -- or twitter back at them as though she knew what they were saying. Moths were beautiful but truly fragile and she didn't think a kin that wanted a caiman would be swayed by such. Cranes, oh dear, that was something she'd never be able to do. It never did make sense in her head to tame the form the Motherfather was said to take. A turtle was more hardy. An otter had more fight.

"A turtle or an otter, I believe. I do not think he would appreciate the trill of a songbird or the delicacy of a moth. And it doesn't seem right to trick a crane," she replied, the last part causing her lips to thin as she pressed them together tight. "I don't think the Motherfather would like that. Not really."  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:35 am
anemosagkelos

He laughed at that. "Yes, just as bad as tricking any other living thing I suppose." Thaw turned back to the doe with a twinkle in his eye, wondering how she'd reply to that. It was in his opinion that the Motherfather didn't really care. Not in the sense that the Motherfather didn't love the creatures living in the swamp, but just that, this was the way of life, and Thaw did not think that the Motherfather would intervene in such a thing.

"Otters are quick little things, it is probably easier for us to capture a turtle instead, don't you think? Come, lets go this way, I believe I saw a turtle bathing in the sun this morning."

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Sun Nov 18, 2012 6:18 pm
Minsuil
The doe's brows knit at his comment. She did not understand what he meant by it. It almost sounded as though he did not want her to catch any friend for the lonely buck. That made little sense as he was the one to suggest finding another animal to be a pet. A frown poked at the corner of her mouth, "You don't think...," but her voice trailed off. Unsure, all around.

It was likely her voice had been swallowed as he began to speak and she followed along. A turtle would be easier she imagined. And if he had seen one as recently as this morning, then perhaps she would have a pet to give the buck. Uncertainty temporarily banished, she focused on that. Right now, that was the important part.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:35 am
Thaw led the doe to the edge of a pond he was familiar with. Sure enough, sitting on the banks basking contently in the sunbeams was a turtle.

He turned around to the doe, "Well? What do you think? Will this suit your friend, or should we try our hand at catching an otter instead?"

anemosagkelos

Minsuil
Crew

Enduring Elder

anemosagkelos

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 2:44 pm
Minsuil
The turtle was -- well it was not a caiman and for that she was very sorry. Other than that, he -- or was it a she -- seemed a fine turtle. Not that she knew terribly much about them. "No, I believe he -- or she -- will do quite nicely."

With a firm nod, she pranced towards the turtle. She was quite careful not to get too close as she did not want to startle it. Once close enough, she knelt down and turned her head. "Hello, little turtle, I hope you don't terribly mind if we try to woo you into our friendship. I have someone who would very much like a friend like you," she informed it. She didn't want to use nefarious means if she did not have to.  
Roleplaying

Goto Page: 1 2 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff