Welcome to Gaia! ::

THE RANDOM PEOPLE OF TOMORROW [[LET'S RAWRRR]]

Back to Guilds

Playground for the random. 

Tags: Random, Hangout, Roleplay, Contests, Arts 

Reply Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]
I got an email from my birth father today.

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Alucard Belmont Reborn

Magnetic Entrepreneur

13,075 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 3:58 pm
I'm a 19 year old that was adopted at birth, and today I received an email from a man claiming to be my biological father. My adopted parents did some fact checking and it really is him. He's also been in and out of prison in California since I was born. My mother told me that he walked out on my biological mother when she got pregnant, and later tried to get custody of me before my dad convinced him to give me up. He says he wants to talk to me, but I get the feeling that he just wants money or something else from me. What should I say to him?  
PostPosted: Mon May 21, 2012 4:14 pm
That's really hard.

I've never met my father and I always asked myself what I would do if he ever showed up. Like you, I would think that he would want money.

A part of me says that you should talk to him and see what he wants. You can blow him off later. Another part of me says that he gave up on you when you were younger, so why give him the time of day?

I suppose the question is, what do you want of him? Do you want to meet him? Are you curious? If you are even slightly curious, I would meet him. If you don't, you'll always wonder, and if you go, you can always take him out of your life again.

I hope you find peace with any decision you make.  

Areashine

Interesting Lunatic

Life Issues Forum [[ You got a problem We can HELP]]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces